g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

Hughie77

Thought the energy was there, as klopp highlighted utd have had a extra week of training than pool so they were not ready, and he didn't like the new man marking they used In CM as well. But it was a fair result. They hit the post 3 times I think he didn't mention that funny enough!.
We looked like a team looked coached better looked like players new there position and also the wernt afraid of passing it, in close possession they passed it very correctly that was a improvement you could see plainly from last season no matter what opposition players were on the pitch even with the 2 different 11s both played the same way all the squad have bought into a system already and that can only get better.

Blake's 7

One swallow a summer does not make.....
however, a much better performance and result than I could have dreamt of.
I think ETH's reputation for playing those who fit his style and attitude combined with the fact that the club will back him will be a wake up call for many.
Hopefully an entertaining season awaits, possibly a tilt at a cup and a sustained and competitive effort at a top four finish. The usual suspects seem to have all shuffled their packs so it could be a humdinger of a season. City, Liverpool and Chelsea will it appears have lost key players, whilst still bringing in some big names, Spurs and Arsenal have strengthened whilst we've freed up some of the wage bill whilst not losing any major contributers and hopefully there will be a couple of major additions to come.

Reactions: Sultan

wolvored

I think we are in no position but to give some players a second chance. We cannot go out and replace 16 players in one go. If we could, not many in that squad would be there.
I think in 2 years you would be hard pushed to see 2 players left from the starters today.

Gator Nate

Meanwhile, their first string did feck-all against our second (I mean, really, we had Telles playing CB), who had already been on the field for 15 minutes previous.

And the Scousers pretty much had three full squads to play 30 minutes each, whilst we only had two to play 45 per.

big rons sovereign

Meanwhile, their first string did feck-all against our second (I mean, really, we had Telles playing CB), who had already been on the field for 15 minutes previous.

And the Scousers pretty much had three full squads to play 30 minutes each, whilst we only had two to play 45 per.
It means more. La.

croadyman

Consider that a 1-0 win over a damn strong scouse team albeit not fit yet of course. Genuinely think even fully fit they will miss Mane, he always seemed to give us trouble.

Last edited:

bosskeano

Klopp the clown...

Obviously the game came a little bit too early for us, for some of our boys,” manager Jürgen Klopp noted after Tuesday's 4-0 pre-season loss to Manchester United. “We saw a lot of good things, but in the decisive moments we were not. “That's it pretty much."

jesperjaap

Was last years team plus Martial, encouraging result, but utterly meaningless. We have seen yougnsters have good preseasons before and fade away.

What I watched, was good energy, but we still looked over ran a lot....it is last years side.

I like what Ten Hag is saying and appearing to do.

Personally, I am still of the opinion a good 15-18players should have been shown the door. We have got rid of the contracts, loaned Henderson and a couple look like going. Hopefully Ten Hag can get the best out of some, would be pleasing and save a fortune.....I still at the moment with the vast majority of them, think they have had enough chances and dont have the intelligence as footballers or ability to actually improve enough.

I am not naming names, are a couple that have been hit and miss I still rate, some I think are dreadful....I have the feeling Ten Hag wont suffer repetition of mistakes, attitude and lack of development, so they will get found out in the end and moved on......still think he is in for a rude awakening though with many in his first season and not enough incomings to seriously change where we are currently

croadyman

Fully expecting the narrative in the media particularly from the ABU ones to be different if the result was reversed

RedDevil@84

Klopp confirmed after the game his major summer signing was suffering from blisters on his feet, which handicapped his movement.

The Liverpool boss also added "after his third sprint his lungs were ready to explode".

Klopp already bringing out the need for asthma medicines.

DON’T PANIC ™

I haven’t seen the game, just the goals.

For those who did see the game, ignoring the 4-0 result, was there early signs of a proper system and of the Utd players, particularly in the first half, being willing to implement it?

The_Dark_Knight

I haven’t seen the game, just the goals.

For those who did see the game, ignoring the 4-0 result, was there early signs of a proper system and of the Utd players, particularly in the first half, being willing to implement it?
The defensive line was high and there was a good shape of intensive pressing.

That's about it.

It's only the start. But it's a promising start.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't care what anyone says. If United had lost this game, all the ABUs would have been all over it. I can see the media narratives now about ten Hag. The relentless banter from Dippers and Gooners in particular but oppo fans in general....even though as everyone is reminding us "it's just a pre-season friendly".

Yeah it is just a friendly but I'm shamelessly milking it for what it's worth because I know that if the tables were turned they would be also.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Klopp confirmed after the game his major summer signing was suffering from blisters on his feet, which handicapped his movement.

The Liverpool boss also added "after his third sprint his lungs were ready to explode".

Blisters? Liverpool water is different.

redmanx

Then why did Klopp play him? This match and result means absolutely nothing in the context of the coming season, but we came away with the bragging rights and Klopp didnt like it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Life under Erik eh?

Liked the fitness, work rate. Impressive that Uniteds B team beat a first choice Liverpool 1-0 in the final 30 minutes. Bailly especially in beast mode..

Roll on game two of the pre season..
The amount of disrespect.. his assistant shook Goofy's hand while he was posing like a supermodel.

croadyman

Then why did Klopp play him? This match and result means absolutely nothing in the context of the coming season, but we came away with the bragging rights and Klopp didnt like it.
He hates it when we park the bus and still complains when we play more expensive haha

Oranges038

The article makes up so many excuses for Liverpool yet there’s no mention of our 10 changes in the second half and the team of kids we put out?
It's because they are still the best team in the century cup. The one everyone wants to beat.

Also still the best team in England, Europe and the world.

Even better again, they are quite possibly the best team ever, to win fcuk all.

AndyMUFC

Never a bad thing to smash Liverpool in your first game.

No point ever getting carried away with anything that happens in pre season but the pressing in the first half was great to see and a Sancho/Martial/Rashford has potential in that sort of system if the latter two can find some form.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I guess they couldn’t put the word performance in considering they lost 4-0 and he missed an open goal. Reception it is
Probably to make it sound like the whole stadium was Liverpool fans.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Never a bad thing to smash Liverpool in your first game.

No point ever getting carried away with anything that happens in pre season but the pressing in the first half was great to see and a Sancho/Martial/Rashford has potential in that sort of system if the latter two can find some form.
I hope that half isn't the only half when these lads press this season.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Sorry in advance if too positive, but i really think we got one of the best managers around in ETH.

Now we the supporters and players need to back him all the fecking way.

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD! :D
I agree. EtH is a top top manager and we are very lucky to have him. Let's hope our dumbass owners won't waste this huge opportunity