Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

RedDevilQuebecois

The Bluewings crushed us, didn't they?
I remember Yokohama Marinos beating in David Moyes' only preseason with us. It was also the last tme we played in Japan. Otherwise, I have no recollection about being beaten hard by anybody in that region. Regardless, J-League teams give us quite a run for our money even during our dominant years under SAF.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good to see us give them a battering… I like the fact that ten Hag still wasn’t entirely happy with 4-0… the guys a perfectionist, If we score 4 he wants 5, if we score 5 he wants 6! The guy loves goals galore. Hoping he can organise the defence a lot better, don’t think we’ll have a problem in attack.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good score line in the end, though not really a true reflection of the game. Sure there was lots of positives, and we took our chances really well, but we hardly looked secure at the back either at times. Though I did like how we actually created clearer chances, instead of relying on half chances all the time.

In the end it was a good run out for the lads, and hopefully ETH can build on it

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
1 directly involvent for a goal, the scores with WC class finishing, movement very good, nice linkups with Bruno, Sancho and Rashford, pressing much and smiles again. Not sure you can ask for more.
I can - I can ask for him to do that consistently but he's more like Pogba and turns it on once in a blue moon

Laurencio

Ten Hag wouldn't have known what Klopp was going to do, would he? They don't go telling each other their lineups before the match
One should also point out that when they put on their heavy hitters while we had our kids on the field, they didn't actually do any better - and our best worked team goal came while Van Dijk was at the back. Liverpool were clearly not ready or anywhere near match-fit, but this whole "United beat our reserves" thing is a bit rich when our kids scored on them with Thiago, Fabinho, Keita, Konate, Robertson, Trent, Van Dijk, Nunez and salah all on the field.

That it was a meaningless friendly we all can agree to, but that they only played their reserves is nonsense.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It would have been bad if we lost the game purely for optics.
We won with some signs of coaching which is the net positive. Wouldn't be getting too excited yet.

EtH

MUTV erroring out on my devices and I can’t queue the match up on my Prime app. Have to watch it live on the live feed or not at all ? Get to feck.

Big Andy

Bloke
Proud dad moment this morning. When I dropped my 10 year old lad off at school yesterday morning, all his Liverpool supporting dickhead mates were giving it plenty of mouth saying "we're going to do you 6-0". Dropped him off this morning and he was giving them all pelters and they were all moaning that "it's just a friendly", "it doesn't matter" blah blah blah.

Just goes to show that the bitterness in them runs down via bloodlines.

Crashoutcassius

Hopefully it won't be like when Ole took over from Jose, players were out to prove it was Jose and not them, played great for a couple of months then total collapse.
We could do with a bounce that long, Ralf had a 45 minute bounce! Bounces are typical though, but I think more of a mid season phenomenon

Woziak

Elanga was getting really overhyped last season. Don't really rate him at all. Needs to step things up big time this season.
Yep this kid has potential but he’s nowhere near Rashford, Martial and Sancho if they are at full steam nowhere near. I actually think Pellistri is the best prospect out of Amad, And Elanga and none of the three have the star potential Garnaucho does

Woziak

Eric Bailey deciding to be a midfielder
That’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard, with 9 named subs and someone if you can keep him fit on 80k per week to come off the bench and help us see out games as a 3rd CB, A CDM or tighten up the right side of defence at Right back with Europa and cup games he would get enough minutes providing he stats fit but that’s not a bad idea, he’s a United **** hero for sure !
Plus we should we sell for 8-10m for a 6’2 28 year old unit whose lightning quick when he’s clearly worth £25/30m at his best.

AndersB

Anywhere I can watch some extended highlights from yesterday without getting hit by all sorts of electronic infections?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They just can't take it can they. So much bitterness must be exhausting.
Funny that they've only won 6 trophies since SAF retired whilst we've won 3, considering they're the best team ever and we've been at our lowest point in decades you'd think all their Billy big bollox talk would be backed up with more trophies, but nope.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Funny that they've only won 6 trophies since SAF retired whilst we've won 3, considering they're the best team ever and we've been at our lowest point in decades you'd think all their Billy big bollox talk would be backed up with more trophies, but nope.
How many "If not for ManCity" "If not for Madrid" trophies?

UnitedFire

One should also point out that when they put on their heavy hitters while we had our kids on the field, they didn't actually do any better - and our best worked team goal came while Van Dijk was at the back. Liverpool were clearly not ready or anywhere near match-fit, but this whole "United beat our reserves" thing is a bit rich when our kids scored on them with Thiago, Fabinho, Keita, Konate, Robertson, Trent, Van Dijk, Nunez and salah all on the field.

That it was a meaningless friendly we all can agree to, but that they only played their reserves is nonsense.
Let's call it what it is... We sent shock waves through their entire structure from top to bottom and now they should really just wind up the club and call it a day. They have been liquidated! The end!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They're trying to shrug it off as a friendly and not important, but you know damn well they'd be laughing their heads off if it was the other way around.

They had 30 minutes to score a few goals against Alex Telles as a CB and failed :lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I think Eric Bailly used up his entire season's quota of performance enhancing drugs for that one half.

Also yeah, can't take anything from a friendly in terms of the result, although taking the mick out of a team for winning is a bit weird, to say the least. You have to be pretty wound up to spin a way of mocking a team for winning a non consequential game. So a nice bonus that it's managed to irritate at least one idiot.

The things I did find encouraging were the clear evidence of a style of play and players clearly being given instructions relating to it. For example De Gea being off his line much quicker, or players actually getting in and around the goal area in numbers during an attack. I would say the greater emphasis on winning possession back through forcing errors as well, but tbh every time Martial jogged towards any Liverpool defender they seemed to have some kind of epileptic fit all of their own accord and collapse off the side of the pitch

big rons sovereign

Let's not forget they won the 'different seasons cl and pl double'
How many clubs can boast that?

Someone

Something
Results in friendlies aren't important, but that won't change the fact that:
  1. ETH winning his first game playing well specially against Liverpool gave us some needed positivity
  2. Winning is better than losing
Just think for a moment how we'd be feeling if it was the other way around coming on the back of a horrible season. I'll happily take the good vibes even if it's for a short period.

Levenstein

Ten Hag put all the players in their correct positions. Will be awesome season ;)