Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

11 players will play close to 90 as possible tomorrow as per what he just said, it seems.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not expecting much from this one from a rivals POV. If we can give a few more players a decent run out, and avoid getting anybody injured, that will be good enough for me.

I'd bloody love to win, don't get me wrong, but I really can't see it. Lambert, while I think he's a good bit of business, just seems too nervous to perform right now, and given that he's our best striker available for this match... Yeah :lol:

So yeah, a good workout with no injuries, please!

redevil2

honestly this is not the best preparation for the season...because of the pressure to win...but I think van Gaal is a strong enough character to get all he wants out the players so we Are prepared.
According to LvG: this is preparation. But winning is better than losing.

This attitude is the right one. On one hand, players get the message that winning is better than losing. On the other hand, they would be playing like they are preparing for the new season, hence the pressure is not as urgent as a must win. That said, its not easy not going for a win, so let's thrash them please. 3-0 at least. :)

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Will be good to get a win over Liverpool, though as long as we get a good run out and avoid any injuries I'll be happy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
At least the rivalry with Liverpool should ensure that this is the most competitive of our pre-season games.

A win would be nice (as always against Liverpool) but if any frailties in our system are going to get exposed then I'd hope it happens now rather than in the PL.

Levi1

I would think the opposite, actually. The same sentiment that motivates letting them leave early also motivates leaving them out this game.
Other reasons for starting players like Lingard, Zaha, Kagawa, Blackett:

1. Because Id like to see it
2. This is still preseason and the first team seems to have already gelled
3. LVG's stated aim here is to give everyone a fair chance before going into the market
4. Avoid injuries against Liverpool who will be as up for it as we will
5. Avoid a potentially confidence-sapping loss to Liverpool. We have won all of our games and have little to gain by winning another
6. Spring a surprise

Thats how I see it

Friction

Hopefully the refs and the players themselves do a good job of keeping the game under control. I would really hate to see players getting needlessly hurt. This may just be a preseason "friendly", but I don't think that term exists between these 2 teams, and I think both teams will be trying their hardest to win. I can't wait to watch it.

Krits

Is this not available on the United Live stream? I have a flight in the morning, so will miss this game. But I've been using the united live on demand thing to watch games I missed. But its not listed on that website this time around. Next match shown is the Valencia match.

minoo-utd

If we win I'll be extremely happy that we beat those cnuts after all the jibe they did on us last season, If we lost then so what it's just a friendly eh !:devil:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not sure why they decided to keep the final just two days after the last match, could have easily had it on Tuesday /Wednesday and given the players full time to recover

ash_86

After the Madrid match, I'm definitely going for a win here. Should be a very interesting match thou as the word 'friendly' does not go alongside us plaing those twa*s.. Lets hit them out of the park with a 3-0 revenge game.

Sad Chris

Midtablechester. That's so funny because we finished in midtable last year and we're Manchester. Manchester + Midtable= Midtablechester. Very clever, witty and not obvious at all.
Ooooooh, now I get it! Thanks, mate! These witty people from Liverpool...just always a step funnier than the rest of us. Hilarious!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why are these shabby newbies allowed in the match thread? Caf used to have standards.

Thisistheone

Really want to win this but the main worry is more injuries. I'd be tampting if this extra game resulted in Rooney or Herrera etc picking up a knock.

The way we've been playing though, I really do expect us to win. Friendly or not, it's always nice to get one over them.

As for Liverpool, the absence of Suarez really does remove the fear factor. All it takes is one injury (Sturridge or Sterling) and they're left with Lambert or an unproven Markovic. Fingers crossed they fail to bring in another forward this window.

rikboone

Even though it's a friendly, I'd love it if we beat these lot by a decent margin. The way we've played so far in pre season, it is quite possible.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Lowkey

Sigh. Wish this game was a couple hours earlier. Really don't want to miss it but it is far too late

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sigh. Wish this game was a couple hours earlier. Really don't want to miss it but it is far too late
I'm with you on that one. Back into a long week of work in Tuesday.. 3am sleep is going to be rough.

YzWayne

Come on guys, I have been watching United CL matches at 3-4am every year for almost 10 years. You guys can do it too!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ill be staying up for this one without a doubt.

I really have a feeling we will hammer them. Liverpool are still in post-Suarez depression and this is LVGs first "real" game (except we played real 2 days ago lololololol!!1) - preseason friendly means nothing when its United vs Liverpool. We are on a high at the moment and have a lot of momentum I feel. Went for 4-0 in the Match Day prediction.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I hope it's a fecking cricket score. Set a precedent and feck up their morale for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.