g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

PvsNP

Needs service? He couldn't even do a simple tap in before we conceded the peno. That would have made a huge difference. FFS the team should not be so nervous
I know, I'm not really defending him. He's been poor. Just saying that he is dependent on getting service from the others. Welbeck can create chances himself which I've never seen Hernandez do.

Eriksen

United have been okay. Had a few opportunities and a lot more of the possession. Liverpool have also been good but a few players are letting United down in this match.
You haven't been the better side. Liverpool have had far more purpose and pressed you well and are worthy of their lead. Should've had another penalty too.

It's hardly disastrous for you and its only pre-season so who cares but Liverpool are the better side in this match for sure.

Infra-red

I think Fletcher's playing like someone who played a couple of days ago and isn't ready for another match. I think a few of them are.
Yes agreed. Brainless play going on all over the place, multiple errors in every area of the pitch. Some of them look a little drained.

bugmat

Cant understand people saying Herrera was bad. I think he had a good game so far.
He's fouled a bit too much and would have a yeller by now, but that is partly because Fletch is always behind play and he's being overrun and has to stop them by any means.

But I agree with you - especially on the ball he's been good.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You lot are cracking me up…so we need a LB a RB, two CH's, a MF and another forward?

Jesus…you were the same guys saying Moyes had inherited a great squad…now you want them all transferred because of a poor 20 mins in a pre-season friendly.

Hilarious!
A new keeper too, De Gea is unable to stop a pen.

0ne-eyed_joe

Agree with this. Neither of them are showing for the ball quick enough when the defence is pressed and I'm not sure why Herrera is not getting forward more? Surely the 31 year old Fletch should be the one holding and not the other way around?

Wing-backs have been our biggest attacking threat of that half to be honest. BR has Liverpool pressing very well and we can't cope atm. Is time to bring Cleverley on I think.
I'm not sure Clev would help personally, I would like to see Mata drop a little deeper alongside our Two CMs to see if that could help us win the midfield battle.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Francis talking absolute tripe. Cretin.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Little reality check-not a bad thing. We look sluggish-playing 40 games in 10 time zones in the last 5 days hasn't helped. Still-high pressing from Liverpool's been unsettling. Still only 1-0.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Waiting for 3 or 4 more Liverpool players to think they're fouled so they can grab the ball from the pitch with their hands without being reprimanded.
This has been a bit annoying. Glad the ref hasn't bought it as normally as soon as the player falls over and grabs the ball, the red bottles it and gives the FK. Should have booked Gerrard and Sterling for it however.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rooney's Hollywood passes out to the right hand side are infuriating.

Think Mata, Herrera have looked solid. Look confident on the ball. We just need a bit more confidence at the back, with regards to their ability to actually play football.

P.s There is no way Van Gaal didn't want Tony Kroos. Fletcher has been trying to do what Kroos did for Bayern all season and I seriously doubt Van Gaal would have passed an opportunity to sign a player of Kroos' ilk.
Indeed especially for twenty fecking million

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
I don't like this 3-5-2 formation very much either, Too defensive for my liking but I guess it's best suited to our best players right now. Someone like Sanchez would have been a great buy to play alongside RVP or Rooney in the 2 upfront, we need some pace in the team.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I agree. I'm glad because I'm not convinced that we have the quality we need. It's not about being knee jerk just it's clear that some players simply aren't good enough for where we want to be.....I still stand by we need 2 CB, 2 CM and a forward.
Most definitely..

We have Adnan & Wilson as our forward options though..

LR7

You lot are cracking me up…so we need a LB a RB, two CH's, a MF and another forward?

Jesus…you were the same guys saying Moyes had inherited a great squad…now you want them all transferred because of a poor 20 mins in a pre-season friendly.

Hilarious!
Probably best not to get yourself worked up about irrational opinions expressed in a match day thread.

minoo-utd

lol Sky, saying United have "only" played Inter, Roma & Madrid so they aren't used to Liverpool o.O? Am I taking that the wrong way or does he think those 3 teams are below Liverpool?
Liverpool the world best you know.
Feck off sky.

Andre Kagawa

Sky harping on about United lacking wing play with this system, did they not see Young?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Gerrard reminding us how much of a cnut he is in this match.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Rooney's Hollywood passes out to the right hand side are infuriating.

Think Mata, Herrera have looked solid. Look confident on the ball. We just need a bit more confidence at the back, with regards to their ability to actually play football.

P.s There is no way Van Gaal didn't want Tony Kroos. Fletcher has been trying to do what Kroos did for Bayern all season and I seriously doubt Van Gaal would have passed an opportunity to sign a player of Kroos' ilk.
The question is why is Rooney doing those passes and for me its because he isnt seeing enough clear options to pass to because we have been so static off the ball.

lijo88

I don't like this 3-5-2 formation very much either, Too defensive for my liking but I guess it's best suited to our best players right now. Someone like Sanchez would have been a great buy to play alongside RVP or Rooney in the 2 upfront, we need some pace in the team.
Welbeck?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
No changes? Wouldn't have minded seeing Kagawa on to help bring some fresh ideas. Seem clueless once we work it up the field at the minute.

Edit: Nevermind, Blackett and Clevlerley are on. God this coverage is so shit.

hobbers

Van Gaal obviously subbing Fletch and Evans for being shit today. Good to see a manager who actually reacts to how the players are performing *cough* moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.