Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I saw your first 3 games but missed the Milan game of course, but you haven't been that good really. Against city it was end to end stuff, sterling has looked excellent and like your main creative talent, as has coutinho. Apart from them though, nobody has really stuck out. Bit of a mess defensively in that game. Against olympiacos I thought you lot were quite poor too, and the Roma games as a snooze fest.

You have missed a lot of first teamers though so it's obviously not a full strength team. I just don't think you'll be anywhere close to last season in terms of consistency or quality without Suarez but with champions league football.
I wasn't trying to say that we're having a very good pre-season or anything, only that we're not in a "post-Suarez depression" like the guy said. Completely agree with you on Sterling and Coutinho, as well on the defensive part, although I think we're on our way to sort things out at the back with Lovren and the likely arrivals of Manquillo and Moreno.

No additional injuries and an enjoyable game tonight and I'll be quite happy with what we've shown this pre-season, no matter what the outcome will be.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

This prick cracks me up every time I see his ugly Scouse head. Giving it loads in the title run-in, to see them fall so flat on their collective Scouse faces so spectacularly was just glorious.

I'll never tire of rolling out this Vine...

There was another Vine, which has been deleted from every source imaginable, after the Chelsea game at Anfield where he has a meltdown of epic proportions (the "Every one of those Chelsea bastards are rentboys").

Classic.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wasn't trying to say that we're having a very good pre-season or anything, only that we're not in a "post-Suarez depression" like the guy said. Completely agree with you on Sterling and Coutinho, as well on the defensive part, although I think we're on our way to sort things out at the back with Lovren and the likely arrivals of Manquillo and Moreno.

No additional injuries and an enjoyable game tonight and I'll be quite happy with what we've shown this pre-season, no matter what the outcome will be.
Ah, yeah there hasn't been anything like a post suarez thing. Just a bit of an change of style to accommodate him because of course everyone would feel the impact of losing a player like him.
Is manquillo meant to be first choice when he gets there? I thought he was just coming as a squad player for you, and Flanagan would move out to right back. Anyways, moreno I think will be a good signing, him and lovren the only 2 that actually improve the starting 11 though out of all the players you signed.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Is manquillo meant to be first choice when he gets there? I thought he was just coming as a squad player for you, and Flanagan would move out to right back. Anyways, moreno I think will be a good signing, him and lovren the only 2 that actually improve the starting 11 though out of all the players you signed.
I have to admit I haven't seen a single performance from Manquillo and you can't really base your opinion of someone on Youtube videos so I have no idea :D He's young and hasn't played much last year so I'd be very surprised if he's a regular starter, given that his natural position is supposed to be right back. I'd love us to sign Moreno although I think Ricardo Rodriguez would be a better and cheaper alternative. Anyway, let's get back to the game tonight before we get too much off topic: 1-1 and Liverpool to win on penalties :cool:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I have to admit I haven't seen a single performance from Manquillo and you can't really base your opinion of someone on Youtube videos so I have no idea :D He's young and hasn't played much last year so I'd be very surprised if he's a regular starter, given that his natural position is supposed to be right back. I'd love us to sign Moreno although I think Ricardo Rodriguez would be a better and cheaper alternative. Anyway, let's get back to the game tonight before we get too much off topic: 1-1 and Liverpool to win on penalties :cool:
I actually I agree with you. Liverpool on penalties for me too after a 1-1 draw.

JnG99

Don't think I've ever been so excited about a "friendly" before! :devil:

RustyS

What do you reckon, next year la..

Clean sweep in my opinion 6 times in May, the league wrapped up by April.. Simon for the Golden Gloves, fair play award and hopefully the European Capital culture award.

Y.N.W.A.
From the RAWK thread:D:

adamwest

This prick cracks me up every time I see his ugly Scouse head. Giving it loads in the title run-in, to see them fall so flat on their collective Scouse faces so spectacularly was just glorious.

Classic.
What a horrible little scrote this lad is.

voetball777

Anyone know what the Supporter Sections are? I'll be at the game tonight, section 101 right behind the net.

felipe

Do every Englishmen look like shit or is it the scousers that makes you look like inbreds?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The gas thing about that post, is that the fella says "High School" so more than likely a Yank.. Goes to show their mentality affects all their supporters.. Not just the ones from Merseyside.
"High school" is used a fair bit over here too, fella.

Still though, I agree with your sentiment. That lad is most definitely American.

Havak

Pokemon master
I actually think Rogers vs van Gaal will be one of the better tactical games in the Premier League season, so this will be a nice taster. Add Jose to that batch as well when the season kicks off, the games between us lot will be the most interesting formation and tactics-wise.

As for this, could go either way as both teams have been on decent form in the competition. Sad that we're missing four or five first-teamers, but it's a good opportunity for the other lads.

detinUnaM

I actually expect Rodgers to setup in a way that would nullify our formation and passing play but the quality we have in the front 3 plus herrera should give us the edge no matter how liverpool lineup. Now we actually have a goal threat from every person on the pitch (Valencia excluded).
Although preseason games mean nothing I still want United to win convincingly as momentum and confidence are two crucial weapons that we were missing last season and what we had in abundance under Fergie. I think a win here would have our players start believing more and more that they can actually win the league and not just say it in front of cameras. This positivity helps.

Mali_Zeus

tomorrow its a holiday, so tonight a beer or 2 or 3 in the city, hour or 2 hours sleep if I come early and then game. I hope I wont fell asleep, but I bet we'll play so good I wont be able too.
Lets beat them!

bloke

i think it starts around 10.00am here. i'm going off to bed to see if i can get a little sleep, its 4.03am.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Well, even though it's a pre-season friendly, one team will quite obviously be going out to prove a point. The other not so much.

Nevertheless, I hope we absolutely fecking batter you.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Friendly or not I hope we batter them. Meaningless in the grand scheme of things but you're not telling me it wouldn't be in their minds the next time we played them.

RustyS

Well, even though it's a pre-season friendly, one team will quite obviously be going out to prove a point. The other not so much.

Nevertheless, I hope we absolutely fecking batter you.
Does talking shit come naturally to you or is it a skill you had to develop?

Status
Not open for further replies.