Manchester United vs Perth Glory (Sat 13th July, 12:00 UK time)

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Seems that a few Liverpool supporting Aussies have bought tickets to the game. They’re singing Liverpool songs and “champions league you’re having a laugh” etc... pathetic
Who gives a sh*t about LIverpool fans, the fact they showed up to watch United game, (so they can sing their songs), says a lot about them.
Would you go to Liverpool preseason game to watch them?

Holters

I hope we switch James to the right at some point. Want to see how he'll do there. So far he has been good on the left, but entering the season with him on the left and Lingard/Mata on the right will mean we solved nothing.

Try him on the right a little bit.
He is most effective on the left.

DoomSlayer

James really does look like the fittest, so comfortable so far. Dalot has been positive, some trademark stepovers in there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes, but he can play on the right as well. And i thought that we got him for that right side...
You naive soul. You learned nothing from Sanchez or Di Maria.:angel:

Litch

Makes a difference when someone can dribble to commit defenders....

Ranchero

I know Pogba etc aren’t playing but we’re in desperate need of some quality in midfield.

We lost Herrera and Fellaini we should be prioritising a top class midfielder, the links to Lemina and Longstaff are ridiculous.
Pereira and Matic are not an inspiring pairing

Hawks2008

Strange lack of preparation for a pre-season tour, shoddy pitch, very limited camera work for the match and the opponents are so stretched they need kids on the bench. At least when we went to the US the pitches were perfect and they had team selection.

One would think more planning goes into this sort of thing.
In fairness the stadium is used for AFL games mostly, it was used just night for a match so to set up for a different sport in a day is not the simplest.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lacking any creativity as usual
Against teams like this we really need to use the width more. I’d like to see the wingers swap and stay wider, work with the fullbacks to overlap.

el3mel

He is most effective on the left.
Then how are we going to organize our attack in the season then ? Rashford will probably be the striker, so it's either Martial or James on the left and Lingard or Mata on the right. That's not going to solve any of our offensive problems tbh.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone work out where Chong is playing? Dalot is normally wide of him, seems to be hiding a bit so far :(

Member 90887

That seems to be something fans have made up themselves.
Well, to be fair, you can understand why. We're stocked in that left side. We have Martial and Sanchez and Rashford can play there as well. And we literally have no one on the right.

So buying another winger, that can play on the right, you'd think he'd at least be tried there since we have no one.

Bwuk

Don’t see it with Chong. Despite playing against a cross side he looks a deer in headlights.

Ranchero

In fairness the Lingard attempt was no threat. Perth Glory keeper relatively untroubled after half an hour

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Don’t see it with Chong. Despite playing against a cross side he looks a deer in headlights.
He’s looked poor whenever I’ve seen him, which I’ve always put down to nerves. Who knows if he’s got it in him, but whatever that might be I’ve yet to see it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Anyone work out where Chong is playing? Dalot is normally wide of him, seems to be hiding a bit so far :(
He's our right wing but he's playing so narrow that he's looking like a No 10 at times. It's frustrating, he's a better player than he's showing out there. Can only assume its nerves.