Manchester United vs Perth Glory (Sat 13th July, 12:00 UK time)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How on earth does co-commentator know the career history of Perth Glory's Shane Lowry but doesn't know that United stalwart and longtime captain Valencia has left the club?!
Tbh that happens to me all the time.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Hoping this means we see Young as rotation for Shaw at LB, rather than RB

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I want him but how is that ? We're playing alone. The opposition isn't interested in attacking.
His passing range is good enough to zip the ball past 2 lines. There's quite a few balls where Young or Jones opt for the short pass instead of the diagonal to the other fullback because they don't trust their own passing. Maguire can zip those balls accurately all day long and speed up the play. People here really underestimate how much he brings in terms of transition from defence to attack. The concern about the size of his head seem to outweigh their appreciation for his ability to play football.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems that a few Liverpool supporting Aussies have bought tickets to the game. They’re singing Liverpool songs and “champions league you’re having a laugh” etc... pathetic

el3mel

His passing range is good enough to zip the ball past 2 lines. There's quite a few balls where Young or Jones opt for the short pass instead of the diagonal to the other fullback because they don't trust their own passing. Maguire can zip those balls accurately all day long and speed up the play. People here really underestimate how much he brings in terms of transition from defence to attack. The concern about the size of his head seem to outweigh their appreciation for his ability to play football.
Oh I see. Can get your point. As I said I want him too.

Castia

MUTV site is awful, haven't sent me a password reset in over 20 mins :mad:

How we looking?

Ok, we have a good intensity and about 85% possession but no real chances created.

James looks impressive

Litch

Makes you realise the quality needed to unlock deep defences....

lysglimt

Scout
Struggling to break them down...but I cant recall last time I saw a game where we have the ball all the time

GeorgieBoy

Seems that a few Liverpool supporting Aussies have bought tickets to the game. They’re singing Liverpool songs and “champions league you’re having a laugh” etc... pathetic
That would make sense if we were actually in the CL.
Jokes on them, I think...

Fer

Cool. I was tired of the 433 to be honest. I prefer wingers like James than playing wide forwards like Martial.

I would be worried with Matic in a midfield of 2, someone more energetic would be better. I hope we continue with a high pressing style of play.

Drainy

Dan James hasn't got the memo about making runs. Don't bother, the player on the ball isn't going to take a risky pass.

He's started making runs and had to stop so many times so far.

Dante

Average bang
James and Chong both starting very wide, but with licence to drift inside when the fullbacks get up alongside them.

Interesting, if that's what Ole has in mind for the season. It's not Shaw or AWB's strength.

Ranchero

James looking sharp. Tuanzebe solid enough. Chong not on song. Matic and Martial quiet. What you need to break down a stubborn defence is creativity or skills. Lots of possession with limited threat.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Strange lack of preparation for a pre-season tour, shoddy pitch, very limited camera work for the match and the opponents are so stretched they need kids on the bench. At least when we went to the US the pitches were perfect and they had team selection.

One would think more planning goes into this sort of thing.

Dazzmondo

Apart from James Young has been our best player which concerns me a bit

Castia

Makes you realise the quality needed to unlock deep defences....
I know Pogba etc aren’t playing but we’re in desperate need of some quality in midfield.

We lost Herrera and Fellaini we should be prioritising a top class midfielder, the links to Lemina and Longstaff are ridiculous.