Sun, 14 September 2014 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 54 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
    Falcao has not produced the Athletico/Porto form for Monaco.

Rooney has not really played well when it mattered since a 2011/12.
    Your point exactly?

Firstly Falcao was only fit for the half the year from August to mid Jan and he scored like 14 in 22 appearances and he has scored 2 in 3 games this season.

Secondly, in regards to the Rooney point, didn't Suarez score like 70% of his goals against the bottom five teams or something like that? Does that mean he didn't contribute when it mattered? Or that he is any lesser of a player?

Last edited:

GRon

Can't take you seriously with stuff like that. Weren't for him we'd be 15th last season.
    I said he did not play well when it mattered. I stand by that. He played well against lesser opposition, but went AWOL against even moderately good opposition.

GRon

Your point exactly?

Firstly Falcao was only fit for the half the year from August to mid Jan and he scored like 14 in 22 appearances and he has scored 2 in 3 games this season.
    I admit I may have been a little harsh on Falcao. But his goals to games record at Athletico and Porto was 4/5, in leagues stronger than the French league.

Secondly, in regards to the Rooney point, didn't Suarez score like 70% of his goals against the bottom five teams or something like that? Does that mean he didn't contribute when it mattered? Or that he is any lesser of a player?
    Rooney went AWOL very often last season. He did not play well against even moderately good opposition (Olympiakos away anyone?). I was not just looking at stats while making that comment. It was my recollection of his performances.

GRon

If my memory serves correct he had a really good outing against Arsenal.
    IIRC we won the match (Arsenal at home) because Phil Jones had a blinder. I do not recall Rooney playing particularly well there. However, I do recall Rooney was awful in the away game at Arsenal (as were RvP and Mata).

GRon

13 goals in 22 games.
    He scored 142 in 178 for Porto and Athletico combined in tougher leagues. Though those stats are good, they are not nearly as good as his stats at Porto/Athletico (where he was exceptional I must say). I may have been a little harsh on him, though.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
    Scout
    He scored 142 in 178 for Porto and Athletico combined in tougher leagues. Though those stats are good, they are not nearly as good as his stats at Porto/Athletico (where he was exceptional I must say). I may have been a little harsh on him, though.
    Quite. I think Berba has a higher strike rate there (11 in 19). The top dog in the league, Ibra has ~60 in 70, which is surely more like Monaco would be expecting.

rakesh289

One step at a time. Let's win this one and move ourselves up the table.

RedSRM

I want to see Blind and Herrera in midfield , they will be key for the victory .
    Well we don't have much choice do we? Cleverly is gone (no big loss) and the only other centre mid is Fletcher who's looked dire recently.
    He could pick a central three of Di Maria, Herrera and Blind, with Blind in the defensive role:

Di Maria Herrera
    Blind​

Then he would have Rooney, RVP, Falcao, Mata and Januzaj to choose from going forward. As for our backline, feck knows. If Jones is out then we are in the shitter, again. If he wanted 4 at the back then it could be:

Rojo Evans Smalling Rafael

Anyway, our creative players need to step the feck up and start taking apart defences. That's what they're paid for but they've shown nothing so far this season.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    why can I only select 3 subs in the lineup predictor?

Motorman

I can't wait to get the Falcao chant going!!! :drool:

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Radamel Falcao La La La La La La Radamel Falcao!!!

revel911

If we play 352 and Shaw and Rafael are back I will be super happy, add Blind and take out the terribly out of form Young, Valencia and Darren Fletcher and we should have a completely different buildup which is what we're lacking.

Falcao Rooney
    Di Maria
    Shaw Herrera Blind Rafael
    Rojo Jones Evans
    De Gea

Are we a serious chance of seeing that team ? I hope so. Rafael and Shaw should be available for selection, Herrera is back and the only doubt should be Jones.:devil::drool:
    It's the best we have at that formation. Our only better team would be a 4-1-2-3.

Rooney - Falcao - Mata/Janujaz
    Di Maria Herrera
    Blind
    Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael
    De Gea

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    Longest wait ever for a game!!! And it's still ages away.

At least there's decent football on Saturday.

82pence

I can't wait to get the Falcao chant going!!! :drool:

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Radamel Falcao La La La La La La Radamel Falcao!!!
    I'll be singing it too, but I don't think we can pull of the different pitch of Falcaaaooooo haha.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
    I just want to see a standard back 4 and Blind as defensive midfielder. Not bothered about who plays in front of them.

nemanja15

Great to see most of the guys back in training today. Carrick's probably not ready yet but is there anyone else, Jones aside, who's still on the sidelines?

Shaw Thing

Just saw on Daily Mail, a group of experts had their say on Man Utd's strongest line up and one of the called Sam Cunningham said their is no space for Di Maria and left him out :lol:

Article

John Johnson

I guess we'll see who's going to be sold in January by the starting lineup. Probably Mata but could also be van Persie because he's old and has been shit for 2 years. No room for all of them in the team and none of them are going to bother with a sub role

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Just saw on Daily Mail, a group of experts had their say on Man Utd's strongest line up and one of the called Sam Cunningham said their is no space for Di Maria and left him out :lol:

Article
    I think Martha's team is the best.

All have to leave one out, but so many of them leave Herrera out, which I can't see.
    And clearly Sam Gooningham leaving the 60m man out is insane!

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
    Staff
    Supports
    Piracy on the High Seas.

Article
    :lol: Surely he's taking the piss :

De Gea​

Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw​

Blind​

Rooney Mata Januzaj​

Van Persie Falcao​

Deleted member 78215

Quite. I think Berba has a higher strike rate there (11 in 19). The top dog in the league, Ibra has ~60 in 70, which is surely more like Monaco would be expecting.
    Ibra is also part of a much better team.

kundalini

Great to see most of the guys back in training today. Carrick's probably not ready yet but is there anyone else, Jones aside, who's still on the sidelines?
    Fellaini and Lingard were missing from the training pics I've seen. I recently read somewhere that Fellaini expects to be back towards the end of this month. Not found anything on Jesse Lingard's injury. Carrick was in trainers rather than football boots so I wouldn't anticipate seeing him feature in September. Not clear whether Rafael is fit enough to start PL matches having had almost no match practice this season.

Browniee

Want to see us smash them, but just can't see us pulling an awesome performance just yet.
    It's going to take time.
    Hope I'm wrong though

footballgirl07

Fellaini and Lingard were missing from the training pics I've seen. I recently read somewhere that Fellaini expects to be back towards the end of this month. Not found anything on Jesse Lingard's injury. Carrick was in trainers rather than football boots so I wouldn't anticipate seeing him feature in September. Not clear whether Rafael is fit enough to start PL matches having had almost no match practice this season.
    BIB, there was a behind close doors match this week which Anderson, Herrera and Rafael played to help regain fitness.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9464353/bury-seek-united-inspiration

SteveW

No Mata or RVP but this would be our most effective team/formation.

-----------------De Gea------------------
    ---Rafael --Jones---Smalling---Shaw-
    ------------------Blind-------------------
    ----------Herrera-----------Di Maria---
    --Januzaj-----------Rooney------------
    -----------------Falcao------------------

Loads of pace and good attacking width. All players playing in their very best positions in a system they understand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Angel Di Maria image Angel Di Maria 73% of 1010 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 705 ratings.

Score Predictions