Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

RoLo

The reception when he steps onto the pitch is going to be interesting. I’m not a fan of booing your own players but as a one off, if anyone was to jeer him then I wouldn’t blame them one bit. Showed a complete lack of disrespect to both the club and the fans.
I'll be there tomorrow and certainly won't be booing him. I'm not at all happy with the way he has handled himself this summer but standing in Old Trafford jeering at him in a preseason friendly seems rather silly. The game has already been turned into a Ronaldo sideshow and I don't want to add to that. Whether he stays or leaves I certainly won't be contributing to giving his presence any more attention than it already gets. The focus should be on a new era under a new manager, not on him.

Personally I'm just looking forward to getting back to the stadium and seeing the new systems in person, getting behind the young lads and (hopefully) seeing Ten Hag in person.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'll be there tomorrow and certainly won't be booing him. I'm not at all happy with the way he has handled himself this summer but standing in Old Trafford jeering at him in a preseason friendly seems rather silly. The game has already been turned into a Ronaldo sideshow and I don't want to add to that. Whether he stays or leaves I certainly won't be contributing to giving his presence any more attention than it already gets. The focus should be on a new era under a new manager, not on him.

Personally I'm just looking forward to getting back to the stadium and seeing the new systems in person, getting behind the young lads and (hopefully) seeing Ten Hag in person.
Good point.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why? For sticking up for a club legend?
I was one of Ronaldo's biggest fans. Nobody could say bad about him to me. Personally, I think he's better than Messi. But he ain't bigger than United. And I'm sorry but the guy has acted like a selfish prick with no regard for United. So yeah he deserves all the flack going his way. And for me, I don't really view him in the same way anymore. I had no beef when he went to Madrid but this is different. If you want to continue sucking him off, you go ahead.

LARulz

What is the squad for this? I assume none of the guys from today will play?

Andersonson

Let's not pretend these are just cheap press rumours just because project backtrack is now in full swing.

Do you honestly think he's not looking for an exit?

Do you honestly think his camp didn't leak that to the press? We're not talking daily mail here.

Do you honestly think the clubs who have stated in public that they're not interested in what's proposed are just talking about some random player for no reason?

Do you honestly think the fact that he missed the entire pre-season, and came back (as his first contact this season) into a big meeting with his agent, has nothing to do with his trying to force an exit?
I can think alot of things but that doesnt make it true. All we know is that he had some issues in his personal life and because of that couldnt make the trip. Thats atleast confimed news. He is also playing tomorrow.

Yes, he might have asked to leave, but nothing suggest he is denyig playing for us. Unless Twitter and Daily News are facts

Acquire Me

Is there any confirmed info if anyone involved in todays squad is even available for tomorrow? Today's game was in Oslo, tomorrow's at OT. Not impossible but would be surprising!
EtH said that some players might feature in both matches. He did talk specifically about Eriksen and Martinez. So I guess we might use some of the players that did not play 90 min.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The false king will probably score a hattrick tomorrow and his fans will celebrate like he celebrated his 4-1 penalty goal in the CL final against Atletico, acting like he had just scored the CL winning goal.

Dazzmondo

Based on ETH's comments this could end up being a much stronger lineup than originally expected, especially if Shaw and Sancho have recovered from their illnesses. Sounds like Eriksen and Martinez are certainties to start which is exciting

roseguy64

I'm expecting this:

Heaton

AWB Varane Martinez Shaw

Garner VDB

Eriksen

Amad/Pellisti Ronaldo Sancho

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I expect

Heaton

AWB
Varane/Bailly
Martinez
Telles

Garner
Savage/Zidane
Eriksen

Amad
Ronaldo
VDB

I wouldn't of thought Shaw or Sancho will be over their illness

Acquire Me

Unpopular opinion, but personally I don’t mind if Ronaldo plays and stays personally. You know he is burying that header from Eriksens cross today.
It is very likely he will stay imo. If he are happy and stand behind EtH, then I think it’s fine too.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It is very likely he will stay imo. If he are happy and stand behind EtH, then I think it’s fine too.
I think so too. Having said he would be staying though it was pretty dim to go against that without knowing for sure he has a way out. A silver lining might be that he has to work extra hard to get the masses back on side.

Acquire Me

I think so too. Having said he would be staying though it was pretty dim to go against that without knowing for sure he has a way out. A silver lining might be that he has to work extra hard to get the masses back on side.
That is a good silver lining and probably it’s good for him. A fighting Ronaldo is something I’d like to see. He should embrace the challenge and project under EtH. Become a proper legend will fighting for our club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I expect

Heaton

AWB
Varane/Bailly
Martinez
Telles

Garner
Savage/Zidane
Eriksen

Amad
Ronaldo
VDB

I wouldn't of thought Shaw or Sancho will be over their illness
Do we think DVB and Eriksen will play tomorrow after being involved today?

Chairman Steve

I thought the inclusion of ‘Bebe returns home’ in the thread title was a joke on ’The king plays’, until I saw that Bebe does indeed play for Rayo.

Real Name

That is a good silver lining and probably it’s good for him. A fighting Ronaldo is something I’d like to see. He should embrace the challenge and project under EtH. Become a proper legend will fighting for our club.
Problem is, what happens first time he gets subbed (probably as soon as tomorrow) or doesn't start.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Bebe's scored a fair few screamers for Rayo from what I seen.

Plus, Rayo's away top a couple years ago was a wise purchase :drool: