Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

Real Name

Our pre-seasons always seem to be terribly organised. Can see another slow start to the season as a result.
What exactly is terribly organised? Tomorrow will play a completely different team. But you just had to have your regular daily moan I guess.

tob

Hopefully, Garner will start and get around 60-70 minutes. I would also like to see more of Pellistri in this game.

edcunited1878

Our pre-seasons always seem to be terribly organised. Can see another slow start to the season as a result.
Do you moan just to moan? The entire squad is being developed and getting minutes in. Just like how there was a behind closed doors friendly against Wrexham this past week.

And it is a dry run for the squad and EtH at OT.

Match day 1 preparations start tomorrow and another 90 minutes for players and squad is great.

roseguy64

Hopefully, Garner will start and get around 60-70 minutes. I would also like to see more of Pellistri in this game.
Looks like he got an ankle injury so he'll be out for at least the rest of the coming week I think.

Likely a result of the tackles Atletico were making.

userman

I'm hoping for something like this:

Heaton
Laird - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
Garner - Eriksen
Amad - DvdB - Garnacho
Pellistri

The front four being very fluid as none of them is a natural nr.9.
"The King" on the bench for the reserve team, but he can maybe get some minutes if the game is settled...

tob

Looks like he got an ankle injury so he'll be out for at least the rest of the coming week I think.

Likely a result of the tackles Atletico were making.
Who? Garner or Pellistri?

Trex

Heaton
Awb
Varane
Martinez
Shaw
Garner
Iqbal
Eriksen
Chong
Pellistri
Ronaldo

FiiiiveTenHaaags

I know it’s only pre season but I’m fecking buzzing for this. Will be first time at Trafford for me and nice seats in the Stretford End as well.

Also should be a good mix of old and young, see some experienced lads like Ronaldo and maybe Varane as well as exciting new players like Zidane and potentially new signings like Eriksen.

Can’t fecking wait lads! No matter if you’re watching at home or heading to the match, here’s to the start of Ten Hag at Old Trafford!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Eh? There's nothing disorganised about it. We went out of our way to have two games in two days because the manager wanted to give two full teams game time.

If anything we're extra prepared compared to some other teams. City have had half as many pre-season games, for example.

Blood Mage

Heaton
Garner - Iqbal
Amad - Eriksen - Garnacho
Ronaldo
Hoping we don't waste time playing AWB or Williams when it's obvious they have no future here, Laird should be the backup RB.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

Why is this overlapping the womans final? surely would gave made sense to move it an hour earlier

Olecurls99

Heaton
Garner - Iqbal
Ronaldo
Hoping we don't waste time playing AWB or Williams when it's obvious they have no future here, Laird should be the backup RB.
We need Amad to step up and give us another option on the right side.
Garner and Iqbal have every chance in my mind to jump the midfield queue.

Hopefully nobody boos Ronaldo. He's been a clown but booing would be counter productive. We still need him next season.

Herman Toothrot

Hopefully nobody boos Ronaldo. He's been a clown but booing would be counter productive. We still need him next season.
Well I'll be there and booing him is my intention. If he gets too upset, he can always cheer himself up by going home, slipping on his own brand Sports Direct pants and having a nice swim in the couple of million pounds he's pinched off us while skiving off and flashing his saggy old arse at unimpressed suitors.

Olecurls99

Well I'll be there and booing him is my intention. If he gets too upset, he can always cheer himself up by going home, slipping on his own brand Sports Direct pants and having a nice swim in the couple of million pounds he's pinched off us while skiving off and flashing his saggy old arse at unimpressed suitors.
:lol: He'll use it to get a move.

Blame it all on Toothrot :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
really want zidane to shine and be apart of the first team squad this season. He’s obviously got quality. Think eriksen may get an assist or 2 today with Ronaldo up top… our set pieces looked great yesterday. They finally reach the middle of the penalty area. Just need someone on the end who can head a ball.

Ole'sattheWheel

Part of me wants Ronaldo to get booed for taking the piss this window, but the other part of me wants the kids and daytrippers who never get a chance to go to OT otherwise to see CR7 in a United shirt.

It's only a friendly afterall

JuriM

Quite terrible timing regarding the Women's Euro final, so yea as F1 just ends hopefully before the game kicks off, then some time for it and later to switch to the big game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It surely would. Silly from United for the sake of an hour. Particularly given pre-season is one of the few times family groups etc can get tickets together at OT.
I doubt they scheduled it deliberately, and considering it's been in the calendar for months and the time was scheduled well over a month ago, they would hardly know that England would be in the final etc.

the time it's on is down to policing, local traffic etc, so doubt the club really had too much of a choice of changing it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I know it’s only pre season but I’m fecking buzzing for this. Will be first time at Trafford for me and nice seats in the Stretford End as well.

Also should be a good mix of old and young, see some experienced lads like Ronaldo and maybe Varane as well as exciting new players like Zidane and potentially new signings like Eriksen.

Can’t fecking wait lads! No matter if you’re watching at home or heading to the match, here’s to the start of Ten Hag at Old Trafford!
Nice hope you enjoy it. Its a great feeling walking out of the concorse area and getting that first view of the pitch. Still remember my first time vividly and its over 20 years ago

flappyjay

Heaton
Garner - Iqbal
Ronaldo
Or worse Chong. How he has gotten so many minutes boggles the mind.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Heaton
Garner - Iqbal
Ronaldo
That could be interesting midfield 3, with Garner, Zidane and Eriksen. So refreshing to see after years of watching McFred and Bruno.

OpenIntrovert

Based on experience, RedCafe and Twitter tends to be on the opposite spectrum of the actual stadium going support. I remember RedCafe/Twitter trending a get rid of ole protest on a certain date (can't remember the exact words used) and it ended up having 6 to 7 guys doing a glazer out protest.

OpenIntrovert

Or worse Chong. How he has gotten so many minutes boggles the mind.
Chong is fine. Not all players need to show flashy skills and passes to be considered worthy talent. Chong has very good stamina, good ball control, speed, capable of cutting or dribbling into attacking positions and can track back very well. He is a bit like Alex Oxlade Chamberlain when he first played for Southampton, though he is less flashy and his shooting is not very good. In games where we need tighter control on the wings, Chong is a very good option and he can also potentially play as a CM.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Chong is fine. Not all players need to show flashy skills and passes to be considered worthy talent. Chong has very good stamina, good ball control, speed, capable of cutting or dribbling into attacking positions and can track back very well. He is a bit like Alex Oxlade Chamberlain when he first played for Southampton, though he is less flashy and his shooting is not very good. In games where we need tighter control on the wings, Chong is a very good option and he can also potentially play as a CM.
Chong us not good enough.
I hope we move him on elsewhere.

OpenIntrovert

Chong us not good enough.
I hope we move him on elsewhere.
Unfortunately you are not the manager. Its the same with Fred, many fans call for him to be out but almost all managers have appreciated him. A manager always looks out for players who are willing to follow instructions and have a great attitude to learn despite their skillset not being well rounded.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Unfortunately you are not the manager. Its the same with Fred, many fans call for him to be out but almost all managers have appreciated him. A manager always looks out for players who are willing to follow instructions and have a great attitude to learn despite their skillset not being well rounded.
Chong had his chance many and many a time but rarely showed that he's good enough.
Fortunately you're not the manager.

Blood Mage

That could be interesting midfield 3, with Garner, Zidane and Eriksen. So refreshing to see after years of watching McFred and Bruno.
Would honestly try it in the league if McFred and Bruno continue to underwhelm.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why is this overlapping the womans final? surely would gave made sense to move it an hour earlier
You really think they considered the Womens Euro Final when they planned a B team pre-season friendly months ago?

-Supreme-

This will be a massive and high pressure game for the fringe and youth players to impress ETH before he makes a final call on who stays in the first team squad or goes on loan / offloaded.

Adamsk7

So are members of yesterday's squad involved in this? I see people putting Eriksen in their starting line up. I expected a completely different team/squad,