Wed, 24 June 2020 @ 6:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    3 games in 6 days. The fixture list killed them.
    The integrity of the season is definitely in question to be fair. The 5 sub rule has totally changed the landscape. The bigger clubs have far more strength in depth so it's been harsh on likes of Sheff United.

It's beniffed us though. Need to go for 7 wins and a draw minimum now out of our 8 games or I don't think we will stand a chance of top 4 and will be relying on 5th being given CL or winning EL.

Nickelodeon

The integrity of the season is definitely in question to be fair. The 5 sub rule has totally changed the landscape. The bigger clubs have far more strength in depth so it's been harsh on likes of Sheff United.

It's beniffed us though. Need to go for 7 wins and a draw minimum now out of our 8 games or I don't think we will stand a chance of top 4 and will be relying on 5th being given CL or winning EL.
    They would rather settle it on the pitch then have had 'what if' situation had the season been ruled out. The season is as unfair on them as any other club.

Just before lockdown, we were in the best run of form for a long time while Spurs were struggling all over. Ultimately, that one result for us might've made getting into top 4 a bit too far for us.

Stevondo8

Not sure why people are saying to rest players in this game. We’ve got Norwich in the FA cup next, rotate for that one. Every league game is a must win in pursuit on too 4.

ddg, AWB, bailly, Maguire, Shaw, Matic, Bruno, Pogba, greenwood, Rashford, martial

Likes of Ighalo, Williams, Mata can come in for the FA cup.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
    This will be a tight game 1 or 2 goals either way, I don’t get the OT advantage for us in this there is no fans to push us on,

As for the 3 in midfield I’d say the only change will be matic for scotty, Pogba off the bench, as we will want someone early on to break up there play.
    Almost every game we play is tight. Even games where you have a confident feeling going in quickly become tight and tense affairs as per the norm. Hopefully we can start dominating games at home more with better quality in midfield in particular.

Robbo 7

With the amount of games coming up, I'm expecting a few changes:

DDG
    AWB-Maguire-Bailly-Williams
    Bruno-Matic-Pogba
    Greenwood-Ighalo-Rashford

eire-red

We should be at an advantage in these games. Empty stadiums takes the emotion from football slightly, and it should be boiling down to the team with the superior players.

Sheffield were terrible against Newcastle, so I would expect a reaction from them. However, this is their third game already, and they played Sunday so we have the extra recovery time.

No excuses for this one, we need a minimum of 18 from our final 24 to be in with a chance I feel for Top 4. Can't afford a slip up here.

siw2007

Even though, they haven't really got going since the restart, I still expect a tough game. Nonetheless I would still go for a top heavy selection.
    De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Bailly Maguire Williams
    Fernandes Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford
    I think they will try the low block that Spurs applied effectively, so we should play a more creative midfield so we can break them down easier. I think Lindelof was struggling with an injury in the previous game so Bailly gets in, Williams in for Shaw for rotation.

I'm not panicking yet over top 4 chances as going 5 points behind was always a strong possibility, but this is a must win game for us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    I can’t see them getting anything without Phil Jones in creative midfield for them this time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff
    Genuinely think it should be this XI:

Romero
    AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw
    Bruno - Matic - Pogba
    Greenwood - Martial - Rashford

Romero has been flawless when he’s played and deserves a chance. What’s the point in having the best backup in the world and using him in the odd cup game.

Lindelöf is weak and always looks like he has a mistake in him. I know Maguire made the error against Spurs but I do think he’s way more consistent.

Greenwood over James is a no brainer. I think Matic or McTominay could do the role fine but Matic probably better for balance if we play Pogba and Bruno.

FerociousCorgis

Not sure why people are saying to rest players in this game. We’ve got Norwich in the FA cup next, rotate for that one. Every league game is a must win in pursuit on too 4.

ddg, AWB, bailly, Maguire, Shaw, Matic, Bruno, Pogba, greenwood, Rashford, martial

Exactly. Too many people going crazy. Get Romero the game against Norwich if people want to see him so bad. Put in pogba and prob greenwood, and put out strongest starting lineup possible. Sheffield will be tired from 3 games and are missing players. Right now FA cup is 3rd on importance, and Norwich look like trash anyways. Absolutely must win games pretty much here on out in league if we want that to be our chance for ucl next year and not have to rely on tricky europa one legged ties now. Id literally start 11 new players against Norwich to get a full rest for starters

ReallyUSA

Surprisingly a huge game. If Ole is dead set on managing Pog's minutes, he needs to do it in reverse. Let him influence the game early on, and hopefully we can get a solid lead by the time he decides to pull him. Hope to see Greenwood instead of James for this one too.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    I've got three changes from the other day, with Matic, Pogba and Greenwood in for Fred, McTominay and James. Whatever happens I want Pogba and Greenwood to start, we need to get on the front foot against a bit of a beleaguered-looking Blades side and really put them on the ropes from the off. Also it's a must win, absolutely no excuses will wash with me if we don't get the three points.

JustinC00

Rashford------Martial-----Greenwood

-------------Pogba-----Bruno
    ---------------------Matic

Shaw-Maguire-Bailly-AWB
    -------------------DDG

Play the 1st half with your best side, manage minutes in the 2nd half when you hopefully have a lead. Plus Norwich is next in the FA Cup and James, Fred, and McTominay can start against them

Last edited:

vanderpants

I would keep ddg in 11 but I would drop martial and James, need to figure which midfielder to drop for pogba too

passing-wind

We need 3 points not fussed about the personnel as long as Solskjaer has identified a plan to be effective its all that matters.

flappyjay

We need that Ole first 10 games in charge form for the rest of the league fixtures. We put out the strongest 11 we can on Wednesday.

Gerald G

Why would you guys drop Martial after one slightly underwhelming game??
    Anyway...

De Gea
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    Bruno--Matic--Pogba
    Greenwood--Martial--Rashford

Subs: Romero; Williams, Bailly; McTominay, Fred, Lingard, Mata; James, Ighalo​

Strelok

Why would you guys drop Martial after one slightly underwhelming game??
    Anyway...

De Gea
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    Bruno--Matic--Pogba
    Greenwood--Martial--Rashford

Subs: Romero; Williams, Bailly; McTominay, Fred, Lingard, Mata; James, Ighalo​
    Pretty much this. Will be a tough match with they sit deep and us have to break through. Matic will play imo. He'll form a back three with Maguire and Lindelof to allow Shaw and AWB going forward.

If no brainfart this time, we'll win I think.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
    We should be at an advantage in these games. Empty stadiums takes the emotion from football slightly, and it should be boiling down to the team with the superior players.

Sheffield were terrible against Newcastle, so I would expect a reaction from them. However, this is their third game already, and they played Sunday so we have the extra recovery time.

No excuses for this one, we need a minimum of 18 from our final 24 to be in with a chance I feel for Top 4. Can't afford a slip up here.
    They cant play Hendo and have quite a few injuries in defense so if we are sharp going forward i expect us to score a few on them

SweetRightFoot

Ole: "Dean, if you let in six you'll be our number one next season"
    Henderson: "Ok, boss."
    He's not playing, ineligible to face parent club.

They're also missing two defenders if I remember correctly.

We need to play Pogba and Bruno for this one. Sheff are playing away with the weakest back 6 they've had all season. We need to control and create around the box.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Honestly Sheffield is the perfect game for Juan Mata to come in and play with Bruno and Pogba. We need his creativity and passing foot to help get through what is undoubtedly going to be a massively passive side.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
    Scout
    Honestly Sheffield is the perfect game for Juan Mata to come in and play with Bruno and Pogba. We need his creativity and passing foot to help get through what is undoubtedly going to be a massively passive side.
    We struggled to cope with Sheffield United physically, they bullied us, if we play Mata it would be brutal scenes on the pitch.

Jonno

I can't believe they've been made to play 3 games in 5 days! All their hard work has come undone due to the PL prioritising the wrong things unfortunately.

Still, we'll take it. I hope we start Pogba and Bruno and see what we're made of. I honestly wouldn't be against Ighalo over Martial for physicality and presence in the 6 yard box.

Jonno

Agree. We need technicians over speed merchants in this game. James should be benched and Mata should come in.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred

Pogba Bruno

Mata Martial Rashford

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
    Agree. We need technicians over speed merchants in this game. James should be benched and Mata should come in.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred

Pogba Bruno

Mata Martial Rashford

Agree with most of this - especially the Mata shout, think this game would be perfect for him as we need extra creativity.

My only changes would be Bailly in for Lindelof and Matic in for Fred. Their biggest threat will be from set pieces so adding Matic and Bailly in would help in that department and keeps the squad fresh.

TheReligion

Abusive
    I like the sound of Mata coming in on the right, Pogba and Bruno in behind with Matic sitting.

Think that lot for an hour should kill the game and then rotate as the game goes on and utilise James, Greenwood, Mctominay etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 92% of 359 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 371 ratings.

Score Predictions