Mon, 13 July 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    It was the speed throughout the season . Look we all know if Souness sat on Sky for five mins talking about which one of the three was quickest people on here would be going off on him calling it casual racism

Neville does it and you go into denial
    They were talking about our front 3, not which black player is the fastest. Get off your soap box

edgecutter

Matt le tisser doesn't think it was a red. In his opinion, more force is needed, yeah, just break greenwoods leg and then we can consider a card, fecking balloon

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    That clown Le Tessier saying there wasn't enough force in the tackle?!? To do what? Break his leg and end his career. Wanker.

OldTrevil

Good half from Rashy, Shaw and Martial. Bruno had some good moments as well. We're too open in the middle though, Matic knows he doesn't have the legs so he stays too deep leaving Pogba with too much space to cover. The defence becomes nervous when the midfield is being bypassed easily so you can't blame them much. However AWB needs to improve on the ball, he's had some shocking plays. We need at least two more goals for me to be comfortable, that half was way too nervy.

PoTMS

Southampton will have had their Powerade at the halftime break. Need to wake up for the start of the second half and survive the full press until they're knackered again.

fps

Yeh and I’d wish Martial would stop unleashing thunderbolts into the top corner in case he pulls a hammy when winding up.
    Ha. I think it’s a legitimate thing to hope Bruno doesn’t get injured and to be concerned seeing him run in Achilles first like that to a 50/50.

RashyForPM

It would be nice if for a change black players are judged on talent snd not athleticism thats all
    Accusing a legend of being stereotypical verging on racist because of a throwaway comment comparing speeds. Well done.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    Best away team at Old Trafford this season for me. This Southampton team are playing better than Liverpool or City did for sure. They are a superbly coached team. You can see where the Klopp lite comments come from. Very impressive.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not a great half, but we have the firepower to score goals at any given time.

Second half we need to move the ball quicker and with a bit more range, too. Our five yard passes are playing right into Soton hands.

BlahRules

It's weird that VAR actually caught that incident, reviewed it, then deemed it to be nothing. I'd like to hear an explanation on that.
    They didn't want to stop play. This is why VAR should just leave. All I see is another stupid referee trying to make the game interesting for themselves.

Dante

Average bang
    Pogba was great when he found a bit of space. But feck me, he's lazy about showing himself for the ball when Matic/Maguire/Lindelof have it.

Lindelof and Martial have been brilliant. Matic and Shaw also very good. Greenwood quiet. Bruno, AWB and Rashford all snatching at things. Maguire's been okay.

DDG is so one footed that he makes it easy to press him. In fairness, I don't know if Henderson is any better. It's a bit of concern if we going to carry on playing this way.

reddevil80

pogba should release the ball quicker and bruno too as they are shadowed so tightly. always feel we will score on our counter attacks. boys look good. awb, pogba and maybe matic are looking a little leggy today. maybe get a 3rd before 60 minutes and ring some changes.

DavidDeSchmikes

Switch the players round, and Le Tissier would be saying it's a red and something about decisions at Old Trafford

SAFMUTD

Hahaha that sky fecker saying the VAR made the right decition not giving a red card hahaha feck off

AndyMUFC

We struggled against their press at the start, we’re slow and flat footed against it but the good thing is that it’s tough to keep up so we’ve turned it around as the half wore on.

Fantastic play from Martial for both goals.

tomaldinho1

It’s fair to say Lindelöf and AWB are shocking when pressed. No surprise our right side hasn’t been in the game all match
    Our entire back 5 is maybe bar Shaw - Maguire is just as prone as Lindelof. DDG isn't great at it. Issue they have is you can't keep it up for a whole game and their defenders are bang average. I do think they are an impressive side tactically when you consider the dross that make up most of their squad, bigger team's rejects all working well in a system together.

PS Le Tissier explanation of why not a red is hilarious. Yes he punched him in the face but it was so weak it should only be a yellow.

Gordon S

Think we need Fred in there second half, our midfield looks vulnerable under their pressure

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    I wonder what Le Tissier would have said if it was our player.

Eddy_JukeZ

The next step for Ole and our development is bypassing the press. We've looked a bit shaky, but it can be rectified going forward when dealing with pressing sides.

eire-red

Le Tissier talking out his absolute backside there. Fair enough he doesn't think it's a red, but to say it's not a red because it's not intentional?

The ball is gone and you can clearly see Romeu go in with studs up. That's not a natural movement, its cowardly and dangerous.

Amarsdd

Le Tessier "if there was more force to it then it could be red" wtf. If there was more force then Romeu would have broken Mason's leg!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Need an early third to wrap it up.

Very shaky with those square passes still. Southampton stamina and intensity is fantastic, fair play to them.

Irrational.

That challenge is atrocious.

18 years in an academy, breaking into the first team and it just takes one thug to end a career.

I think there was intent by Romeu.
    100% he went in intentionally to break his leg. So much for protecting players.

It reminded me of Moreno's challenge on Shaw when we played PSV.

Absolutely disgusting from a fecking thug. But not a thing will be done about it. And in the case of our game against PSV, that cnut went on to score the winner.

Lee Mason and the other prick in the VAR room should be utterly ashamed of themselves, not even a quick message to the ref to have a look at the incident on the monitor. It would've taken 10 seconds to send him off. Fecking arsewipes.

Hope Romeu gets a paper cut on his peehole.

madzo2007

Need to move the ball a bit quicker playing out from the back because the dallying on the ball when Southampton start to press is causing heart attacks!

Robbie Boy

It was the speed throughout the season . Look we all know if Souness sat on Sky for five mins talking about which one of the three was quickest people on here would be going off on him calling it casual racism

Neville does it and you go into denial
    Oh dear just stop.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
    I remember when we beat Southampton in the League Cup final under Jose and Le Tissier was fuming with the ref. Salty prick.

AFC NimbleThumb

Le Tissier & the Saturday lot are one of the reasons I generally avoid punditry & he’s proving me right to do again tonight. What a biased cretin.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    Takes a team to bypass a press, Southampton are pressing well. The real problem caused was DeGea choosing to pass to Pogba, yes, but it was Pogba being far too casual.
    Yes it takes a team but you need really good passing keeper and CBs that can pick passes all over so midfielders dont have to come deep to get the ball of them.

Im not absolving Pogba for the goal or even talking about the goal. We are not well equipped to bypass presses because our keeper and CBs passing isnt good enough

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
    Lindelof was so dumb passing into pogba there. I couldnt actually believe it. A switch to the other flank and we would be on the counter with Southampton committed to the press. Its how we scored our second goal.
    Lindelof is responsible for every goal we concede don’t you know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 335 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw