Kick-off
Sun, 12 March 2023 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tiber

I have no issue with the red. But how was the handball not reviewed? Var is such a mess

Rustyspider13

I'm so pissed off right now. This fecking ref man. You just know if he gives one of those penalties VAR wouldn't overturn it. But they couldn't wait to interfere for the red card decision. I didn't even think it was a clear red, Case gets the ball and then bounces off into the shin. The fact that Rashford fecked up our best chance only adds to the frustration.

To be fair to the lads, they have done well even with 10 men. I'm just worried that it'll catch up to us in the second half. Not only that, now with Case gone for another 3 matches including the FA cup, this match might've majorly fecked up our season.

Red Royal

Saints are so poor, we would definitely have won this with XI and still I have hope we can with 10. If somehow we get a goal up, bring on Garnacho and counter them easily.

Reyoji-Utd

Maybe we can sue the people at FA and Ref association when we get Qarta money in...keep suing them

Yorke to Cole

Going to have to be sensible with with the ball and pick our moments carefully. Out of possession we need to concentrate on our positioning and it is obvious to say do not give too many set pieces away.

I knew that Casemiro would get sent off when they freeze framed the video with his foot on his leg.

Come on United.

moodyred

If casemiro has to have a red, I wished he had taken out the referee instead. That would have help us reduce Southampton from 12 men to 11.

cyberman

We've actually been very good since the red card
    That’s why I still fancy us. We should still be solid defensively because Southampton haven’t got the passing game to lure us out.
    We don’t need to panic for a win and Southampton should come o to us, it’s why Rashford was brought inside for the space in behind.
    If I were still a betting man I’d get on United

SER19

1 minute stoppage time added after a var check. let that sink in

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    ten Hag really needs to speak against refereeing. We've seen how things change for teams when the managers complain they suddenly start getting the 50-50s.
    I am sure that they will listen to him....... not.

Castia

The number 33 for Fulham has just put in one of the worst defensive performances in a half of football in PL history. Absolutely awful.

All 3 goals could have simply been defended if it wasn’t for this moron unable to head a ball

MinGin

VAR couldn't wait to send Casemiro off but weren't as interested in two possible penalties for United. Big chances by Varane, Rashford not taken, will do well to grind out a positive result now.
    VAR is only working in our box. Then it will shut down anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
    Soft red but FFS Casemiro will be missed. This can easily fec up our season. We have to win this but at this point I am ok with a draw.
    We should go for the win. 1 point out of 6 is not what we need right now.

Bobski

Cas maybe a bit unlucky but lunge in with studs up and you are asking for trouble. Not a pen either for me, from 2 views the guy slips, is trying to take him arm away and really can't avoid the contact with the inner part of his upper arm. Seen them given with this useless VAR shite but instinctively no for me.

Team selection leaving midfield so open has allowed Soton far too much space too break into, they have not taken advantage of it, and Utd still look very dangerous in broken play, even with 10. If they get too aggressive chasing the win against 10 Utd will do them on the break.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    I'm on the fence about the red, the freeze frame makes it look worse but his foot bounced up off the ball which he clearly won. Understand why it was given, but it was harsh.

The handball was clear, given the current standard of what handball is, and if his arm doesn't block it, it's a goalscoring opportunity. Also they're avoiding getting booked for clearly bookable offences (fouls when we're about to drive into the box, booting the ball away after the whistle). I also think Walker Peters clips Bruno before getting a touch on the ball, and then again after. Possibly soft, but still a foul. We're playing uphill.

ForeverRed1

4 games out for Casemiro as it’s his second red of the season.

the guy who’s in charge of VAR was also the ref who sent Casemiro off in the first game for the neck grab. Shame I’m not a conspiracy theorist. He was also the ref yesterday for Chelsea and didn’t send off any of the horrendous challenges during that game which were worse than Casemiros. Inconsistent.

E-mal

While everyone is unhappy with the officiating, the decision to play a one man midfield and hence exposing Casemiro should be questioned.
    Ten Hag is overthinking it!

Orange Tree

Casemiro's foul was needless but didn't deserve a red.

Bruno's penalty claim is laughable

Obvious handball penalty isn't even being looked at.

SuperiorXI

The game is ruined now, too long to play with 10 men with all the games we've had recently. They will win 2 or 3 nil, we might get a consolation goal.

Natener

Can someone pretend they are a ref and explain WHY you can fall on a ball with your hand/arm? I just need to know.
    Because you are playing against Man United. Damn I'm feeling Rawkish given how annoying this officiating has been.

Cpt Negative

It’s the inconsistency that everyone hates. Liverpool get a penalty for that and then a more blatant one is ignored the next day.

Cloud7

I'm so pissed off right now. This fecking ref man. You just know if he gives one of those penalties VAR wouldn't overturn it. But they couldn't wait to interfere for the red card decision. I didn't even think it was a clear red, Case gets the ball and then bounces off into the shin. The fact that Rashford fecked up our best chance only adds to the frustration.

To be fair to the lads, they have done well even with 10 men. I'm just worried that it'll catch up to us in the second half. Not only that, now with Case gone for another 3 matches including the FA cup, this match might've majorly fecked up our season.
    To be fair that is always a red card these days

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
    He tackled like that because the Midfield was wide open. Anytime you see players stretching while tackling know, they have detected a big space behind them..

Remember it was during the time Soton had sustained pressure on us.
    I don't think the midfield was that wide open and in any way, the CBs were there

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Soft red but still a red. Penalty would have been soft but seen them given. It's not terrible refing but not great either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 204 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw