Mata is going to score today
    We should have had a penalty
    Blind is finally taking some runs on the left wing
    Good
    reliable
    strong
    loyal

ManUnitedCanuck

Need to get a couple of more goals and rest a few players.

Rashford for some pace in behind would trouble their backs.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
    Those apply for all home games we had :lol:
    :lol:
    we have done well, had most of our chances on counters
    Probably, although Sunderland forwards are crap, hence they are in the bottom 3.
    Valencia has been pretty good.
    Hope so.
    We should have 2.
    Aye, although Anichebe is creating a lot of issues for him.
    I agree with the Valencia part. I just forgot to type FAST after the awfully part.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
    I agree. It didn't look like it was his game at all, but the last 15 minutes he found his space again - the one where he normally comes off from a game scoring. I just love it when he gets the ball 45 degrees from the top right box corner so to speak - kind of like where Messi usually start his runs. He will get his goal today, i'm sure.
    So... You don't agree?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    A few awkward moments, that appalling header from Blind would have let anyone half decent get a shot in, so we're lucky it fell to pro wrestler Anichebe.

Still, hopefully now we're 1-0 up we can set the tone of the game, and Sunderland will have to drop the defense mode and risk it, letting us in more.

Is it me, or do we seem to run 95% of attacks through the middle these days. Clearly it'd be different if the bench boys get on.
    they have played well.

I would not relax until we get that second.

Gasolin

Blind's technique is actually pretty good considering he is a defender. I am glad he got on the scoresheet.
    He's a midfield initially... was a LB for the Dutch national team to help the team, and I think Ajax used him sometimes in this position but he was a midfield initially. And yes, he's got a good shooting.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
    Not the best half of football but hopefully we'll step it up in the second half

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
    What exactly is the point/role of Pogba in this team?

Seriously, all protectionism and sarcasm aside. What is he doing? Build-up only happens through Ibrahimovic (who is playing very well), Herrera and Mata. Pogba literally does nothing and he's extremely invisible. In fact, he seems to actively avoid receiving the ball in midfield by hiding behind opposition players or running up the pitch. He's constantly chilling around the box to get a longshot goal for his youtube compilations.

Incredibly pointless player, what a waste of money holy shit. Should've gotten Gündogan for half the price, even if he got injured. But from what it looks like, people are getting fooled by his almost-goals again. Those people don't seem to consider that in order to get 2-3 decent shots at the target (that were not good enough to turn into goals), he essentially gave up his role in a midfielder and played as a second striker.
    Are you on ket or something?

lysglimt

Scout
    Our problem is fairly easy to spot in games like these - Zlatan drops deep, Mata usually isn't quick enough to enter the box - so when the ball is crossed (or could have been crossed) we maybe have Lingard in the box.

We can't have 3 central midfielders not making runs into the box - Pogba does it at times, but both him and Herrera need to do it more often.

Treble_Winning

I agree. It didn't look like it was his game at all, but the last 15 minutes he found his space again - the one where he normally comes off from a game scoring. I just love it when he gets the ball 45 degrees from the top right box corner so to speak - kind of like where Messi usually start his runs. He will get his goal today, i'm sure.
    This is actually the perfect type of game for Mata, where his technique and creativity can be used to optimal effect to unlock a side that seems intent to park the bus.

He is trying very hard too, and I would very much like for him to get on the scoresheet.

Second-half kick-off

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
    Expected first half where we started to be in control the last 10-15 minutes. Expect more goals in the second.

Hopefully we can score a second before 65-70 minutes so we can sub Carrick.

m1y2

Jones?
    DDG has already had to make some saves, so our defence is not doing particularly well.

Pogba has been rampant and I am enjoying Mata grow into the game.
    Blind's strike was good, too.
    He had two great interceptions and two great aerial challenges, one nice clearance, only from what I remember, as solid as Vidic almost, we are not creating as much to say that any of the attacking players was that good but Pogba got into the game so would be my runner up, shame he shoots when he shouldn't, that was much worse effort than Rojo's try, under no pressure but won't be nitpicking, from four tries he hits it dangerously well with his fourth

Treble_Winning

By the way, the scowl on Mourinho's face was awesome when we were denied the penalty.

Will we EVER get a soft penalty call in our favour?

Jose isn't kidding when he says that the refs are biased against him (except he can't even say it)

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
    Scout
    Our problem is fairly easy to spot in games like these - Zlatan drops deep, Mata usually isn't quick enough to enter the box - so when the ball is crossed (or could have been crossed) we maybe have Lingard in the box.

We can't have 3 central midfielders not making runs into the box - Pogba does it at times, but both him and Herrera need to do it more often.
    Spot on. This is something Mkhi has been good at, actually.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    What exactly is the point/role of Pogba in this team?

Seriously, all protectionism and sarcasm aside. What is he doing? Build-up only happens through Ibrahimovic (who is playing very well), Herrera and Mata. Pogba literally does nothing and he's extremely invisible. In fact, he seems to actively avoid receiving the ball in midfield by hiding behind opposition players or running up the pitch. He's constantly chilling around the box to get a longshot goal for his youtube compilations.

Incredibly pointless player, what a waste of money holy shit. Should've gotten Gündogan for half the price, even if he got injured. But from what it looks like, people are getting fooled by his almost-goals again. Those people don't seem to consider that in order to get 2-3 decent shots at the target (that were not good enough to turn into goals), he essentially gave up his role in a midfielder and played as a second striker.
    This is either incredible satire, or you've done incredibly well to be allowed anywhere near this forum!!
    Improve or disappear mate

Hammerfell

This is either incredible satire, or you've done incredibly well to be allowed anywhere near this forum!!
    3 years and that's the best attempt he can come up with? That's shocking.

mu4c_20le

Not even going to bother quoting nonsense like that tbh, so many newbeis trying to do a @Scholesy on matchday threads smh

Raw

I just got on how are we playing?
    Comfortable but not threatening for the first 20 or so minutes, then Sunderland turn it on a bit and get some chances before Blind scores. It's been very tough trying to break down Sunderland's bus.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
    I just got on how are we playing?
    Not very well tbh, game was even for most of that first half. Pogba and Ibra playing well, need more quality from Mata and Lingard.

Utdstar01

I remember there was those games when I was younger where I'd see the final score 2-0 or 3-0 and you'd be excited to see who the goalscorers were and it turned out to be a game where all the goalscorers were defenders/defensive midfielders and you were slightly disappointed it wasn't Ronnie/Rooney/Tevez scoring :rolleyes:

Man-United

Mata has been good this season but can't help but feel we are better without him.

AltiUn

He's a new member in fairness so not like he managed to sneak his way in, just seems a bit of a mental opinion.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Martial walking with his shirt.Might make an appearance today.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    The pundits in the studio are singing Moyes' praises.
    Apparently Moyes won more games than Jose.
    God...please God, let us score at least 4 goals this half.

AltiUn

Mata has been good this season but can't help but feel we are better without him.
    We are in our new formation with Mkhitaryan on the right and Martial on the left, if we ever require a game where we need to play a 4-2-3-1 I think he'd still be our best bet for number 10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 555 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sunderland win
  • Draw