5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

userman

I'm really liking this guy, he's been a fine and smart signing for us so far. Once he gets more into our style of play, and perhaps also being paired with Casemiro I think he will prove to be even better.

In terms of signing him permanently I wouldn't mind it, there's no rush so let's see how he progresses first, but how would signing him fit in our overall strategy though? As I see it we need a starting CM to replace/compete with Eriksen and a backup DM, will Sabitzer be either one of those two roles? IMO he could be the backup DM and a good rotational option on CM but I doubt that he would be the reinforcement on CM that we need. If Fred is being sold in the summer (due to his contract expiring in 24) then Sabitzer would make perfect sense as a signing, but at the same time less sensible if we're keeping Fred.
Re McTominay my guess is that he's being sold in the summer.

Midfield next season could be:
DM: Casemiro + Sabitzer
CM: Eriksen + new CM + Sabitzer/Fred
AM: Bruno + Eriksen
On top of these we have the young ones in Mainoo, Iqbal and Mejbri plus DvdB. I think it's likely that DvdB stays for next season as I doubt other clubs will take the chance on him when he's recovering from his injury.

Reactions: Cheimoon

NoPace

I could see us not spending a ton next year in the midfield.

-McTominay out, new DM and Sabitzer in.

#10: Bruno (Eriksen, Sancho)
#8: Sabitzer (Eriksen, Fred, Mainoo)
#6: Casemiro (DM, Sabitzer)

looks about right, and we'll have Eriksen or Sabitzer to come off the bench when the other one starts, Fred will get games at some point when Bruno, Eriksen or Sabitzer are unavailable, and we'd have proper cover for Casemiro. Eriksen for the games where we're probably bossing it, and Sabitzer when we need more fight in there and want Eriksen to come on against tired legs and be as influential off the bench as Giggs was when he and Chicharito were so good off the bench that one year.

and Iqbal and Hannibal get Champo loans. Mainoo stays because he's so young that training with the first team, playing with the reserve team and getting a few cup games is fine at his age.

Bobski

Are you serious?

He looks better than Fred to me, definitely... a more assured player on initial observations...he played v well today, quietly influential and I am confident that he's going to get better as he gets more game time, and more comfortable at the club.
Absolutely serious. Sabitizer looks a good player but nothing beyond that so far, now maybe as he settles he will expand his game and prove to be a far better player than Fred but based on their mins together so far Fred is significantly more impactful. New players tend to get very mild judgement as well compared to established figures, his vanishing act for the first 30 mins yesterday elicits little comment or is blamed on Fred.

Given Fred's performance at Barca(and general recent form outside of the first Leeds game) I would be surprised if Sabitizer is selected ahead of him in the return. Maybe all 3 play.

Superunknown

He's come in midway through the season, games are coming thick and fast and he hasnt had much time to acclimatise to the training, new team mates etc. Considering all that, he has done really well.
I agree with all of that. He's come in and done the job that we needed him to do. There's a lot to be said for that. If the team are going to challenge for anything, they need players like this in the squad. At the very worst, he's reliable and solid in midfield.

criticalanalysis

I don't know why people think he'd not get a spot in the team. Despite how important Eriksen is to us in possession, I could see Sabitzer displacing him just because of everything else he adds.

Can't wait to see him playing next to Casemiro:

Economics. We'll need a budget for a centre forward, a midfielder or two and possibly a keeper. Sabitzer may perform better than Eriksen and may be a better player for us in the future, both of which are highly debatable but why would you go and spend £15-20m on another 8? We need a first choice or strong option for a press resistance DLP and DM cover. None of which fit's Sabitzer's qualities.

We may very well sign him but given the priorities, it's not really a no brainer as you'd think.

Gazza

Sabitzer had only played the full 90 in the Bundesliga twice all season before coming to Utd. He played barely a single minute between the season going on pause for the World Cup and coming on loan here. With that context, he's really done well; maybe not to the level of EtH's focking good play football, but he's done well.

TsuWave

Economics. We'll need a budget for a centre forward, a midfielder or two and possibly a keeper. Sabitzer may perform better than Eriksen and may be a better player for us in the future, both of which are highly debatable but why would you go and spend £15-20m on another 8? We need a first choice or strong option for a press resistance DLP and DM cover. None of which fit's Sabitzer's qualities.

We may very well sign him but given the priorities, it's not really a no brainer as you'd think.
:confused:

We aren’t talking about the same thing. Your post is about why we wouldn’t buy Sabitzer - which I never questioned or asserted to be a no-brainer. My post is about I don’t get why people think he’d not get a spot in the team or couldn’t displace Eriksen. These are not the same things/same argument. Please read my post again.

Irwin99

I don't know why people think he'd not get a spot in the team. Despite how important Eriksen is to us in possession, I could see Sabitzer displacing him just because of everything else he adds.

I thought he was very good at the simple things and especially releasing the ball quickly which you can see in the video. I thought he was pretty decent against Leeds too, persevering when things in that game were going against us and we weren't on top.

So far so good.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The only time I've ever heard that dickhead Dermot Gallagher disagree with the refs decision is the sabitzer challenge :lol:

RopersReturn

Sabitzer’s a smart and versatile player, I thought he showed great commitment and vision particularly in the Leeds game and also did well in the Leicester game despite the earlier mishap which looked completely accidental btw.
Would be slightly surprised if we don’t offer him a permanent contract in the summer.

Dve

Only his good parts here, mind. In reality his pass accuracy was 80% - while these clips give you the impression his every pass was perfect. He did alright, but honestly, there is not much in these clips than you wouldn't expect from any midfielder in the PL.

But yeah, I share your eagerness to see him in a more advanced role next to Casemiro, cause I'm sure we haven't seen the best of him yet. So far he his been decent, but let's not pretend he's been outstanding.

TsuWave

Only his good parts here, mind. In reality his pass accuracy was 80% - while these clips give you the impression his every pass was perfect. He did alright, but honestly, there is not much in these clips than you wouldn't expect from any midfielder in the PL.

But yeah, I share your eagerness to see him in a more advanced role next to Casemiro, cause I'm sure we haven't seen the best of him yet. So far he his been decent, but let's not pretend he's been outstanding.
I've not said anything about him being outstanding, for clarification. I think he's a good player that offers a combativeness that Eriksen doesn't, but in that same post I highlighted how important Eriksen is for us in possession.

Red Royal

I really like him for our squad and for £18M it would be a no-brainer. However, I am concerned a bit about the number of last ditch tackles he has to put in. It is almost as though the game is much daster then he is used to.
Now with Sourness and co I fear his card could be marked by referees looking for a red.

AneRu

Assuming we are to spend £120m to £150m on a striker, well there is really one option and that is Osimhen who I dont see Napoli selling for anything below £140m. With us dangerously close to falling foul of the FFP, even with a sale, I think signing him to be a rotational player to Eriksen will make more sense if he impresses over the next three months.

Why? He may not be as creative as the ideal playmaker we would like but his skillset allows to have a midfield, when paired with Casemiro, that can overrun and grind any midfield into submission.

I also think keeping him would also allow us to blood in one of our young midfielders with the technical talent to be groomed into the team's long term playmaker.

criticalanalysis

:confused:

We aren’t talking about the same thing. Your post is about why we wouldn’t buy Sabitzer - which I never questioned or asserted to be a no-brainer. My post is about I don’t get why people think he’d not get a spot in the team or couldn’t displace Eriksen. These are not the same things/same argument. Please read my post again.
Ah my bad. I had read other posts about signing him and got yours mixed.

Otherwise, yeah I'd agree, if he can find more rhythm he can have potential as an inbetweener of Eriksen's guile and Fred's work rate.

Bwuk

Interesting to see who starts with Casemiro tomorrow.

I'd personally go with Casemiro & Sabitzer.

Big_Bro

I love his ball retention capability, his swagger and arrogance. We still haven't seen his best for utd yet. But he has been decent on the ball.

Chief123

Totally forgot we even had him! Interesting ETH brought on Mctominay ahead of him.

spiriticon

I quite like him tbh. He's a useful addition to midfield. I'd look for a reasonably priced permanent deal in the summer

croadyman

I don't know Fred is racking up good numbers this season. But yeah it's a totally different game against the Toons and Sabitzer is better at spraying the ball. We'll see I guess.
So Sabitzer on Sunday & Fred against scouse?

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't know Fred is racking up good numbers this season. But yeah it's a totally different game against the Toons and Sabitzer is better at spraying the ball. We'll see I guess.
Fred does rack up numbers (somehow), just saying Sabitzer has a bit more about him in a game where we'll have more of the ball. Truthfully him and Fred are very similar players, one is just the more offensive version and one is the more defensive version

Status
Not open for further replies.