g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Marcel Sabitzer | Do not use for player performance chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

I think it is fair to say he has not really excelled so far. We've got too many that don't want to build play. We are totally reliant on a CB and LB to build.

Mainoldo

He's not though. If you think McT doesn't adversely affect the performances of his peers then I can't help you, but its evident that he does.
We trying to unlock Pogba then?

I can list a bunch of good players who wouldn’t care that they are playing next to McTominay.

Hammondo

He's not though. If you think McT doesn't adversely affect the performances of his peers then I can't help you, but its evident that he does.
You can say the same the other way around as well though.

Hammondo

He'll probably thrive in the right formation/partnership but next to Mctomminay he looks understandably lost.
If you were talking about mctominay and replace "mctominay" with "sabi" it would also be true.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We trying to unlock Pogba then?

I can list a bunch of good players who wouldn’t care that they are playing next to McTominay.
No, Pogba has been inconsistent or shite with a range of partners over a much, much bigger sample size. Sabitzer has been here for such a short period and you're ruling some nonsense premature evaluations.
You can say the same the other way around as well though.
You really can't though.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What does he do?
Predominantly a central midfielder, Sabitzer can play in a multitude of roles, including attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, winger and second striker.[3][4]

Sabitzer played youth international football for Austria at under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19 and under-21 levels.[24]

He made his senior international debut for Austria at the age of 18 on 5 June 2012, in a goalless friendly against Romania.[25]

He represented the national team at UEFA Euro 2016,[26] and UEFA Euro 2020.[27]

He is a son of former Austria international Herfried Sabitzer,[28] and the cousin of footballer Thomas Sabitzer.[29]

Hammondo

No, Pogba has been inconsistent or shite with a range of partners over a much, much bigger sample size. Sabitzer has been here for such a short period and you're ruling some nonsense premature evaluations.

You really can't though.
You really can, he's not shown himself to be much better since he's been here.

Mainoldo

You really can't though.
Bro I’m not arguing a point with average players… give it a break.

He played for Bayern Munich and they was happy to loan him and probably don’t want him back. He looks to have all the tools but there is a level in class we have to adhere yo if we want to improve.

I’m not doing this Leipzig level footballers trying to play for top elite teams.

Hammondo

Predominantly a central midfielder, Sabitzer can play in a multitude of roles, including attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, winger and second striker.[3][4]

Sabitzer played youth international football for Austria at under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19 and under-21 levels.[24]

He made his senior international debut for Austria at the age of 18 on 5 June 2012, in a goalless friendly against Romania.[25]

He represented the national team at UEFA Euro 2016,[26] and UEFA Euro 2020.[27]

He is a son of former Austria international Herfried Sabitzer,[28] and the cousin of footballer Thomas Sabitzer.[29]
Hasn't shown he can do any of those roles well so far.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You really can, he's not shown himself to be much better since he's been here.
He's been here a minute. If you want references of very good quality midfielders who took an entire season (let alone more than 10 games) before they started adding value - look at Fabinho, Rodri and Thiago.
Bro I’m not arguing a point with average players… give it a break.

He played for Bayern Munich and they was happy to loan him and probably don’t want him back. He looks to have all the tools but there is a level in class we have to adhere yo if we want to improve.

I’m not doing this Leipzig level footballers trying to play for top elite teams.
They have an absolute abundance of quality there, and he's obviously a good midfielder in his own right. It's lunacy to evaluate him off such a short sample size, I don't have interest engaging with that sort of logic, still baffled at you comparing him to Pogba.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not good enough. Like a clone of mctominah with both of them with no forward passing.

We badly need casemiro and eriksen back.

SAFMUTD

I don't think we should make it permanent. I rated him higher he's bang average, not creative enough, defensively weak and slow.

Hammondo

He's been here a minute. If you want references of very good quality midfielders who took an entire season (let alone more than 10 games) before they started adding value - look at Fabinho, Rodri and Thiago.

They have an absolute abundance of quality there, and he's obviously a good midfielder in his own right. It's lunacy to evaluate him off such a short sample size, I don't have interest engaging with that sort of logic, still baffled at you comparing him to Pogba.
Bayern don't have a very good team at the moment, they have struggled.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not overly sure what he's meant to be doing out there

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
No wonder Bayern were happy to let him leave on loan. No better than McFred.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bayern don't have a very good team at the moment, they have struggled.
They were the best performing side in the CL, first in the league and performing well in the German cup when they sold him. Thats in spite of losing Neuer, Lewa and having long spells without Mane if I'm not mistaken.

Diferrent topic though. Him not playing much ahead of their brilliant midfielders doesn't make him as shit as McTominay.

ClassOf'99

Victim of circumstance I'm afraid, he's a forward midfielder not a 6, I've said many time he should be playing in Bruno's position or at least WW.

He is not a 6 or an 8 in terms of Defensive duties, better in the press in the final third than defending our final third.

Would prefer to keep him if we get rid of VdB, McT & WW, he is at least a better option as a false 9 than WW who is just a false player

croadyman

Yeah I thought he could deputise better,sadly I was wrong and now changed my mind about giving him shot when Casa returns

Hughie77

There are good CMs in Europe and do well in there respective leagues... ie DVB.. he's not Premier league quality, Sabitzer is Imo slightly better not much but better.. he's OK. I hope we don't rely on any of these next season as back up.. Mctom isn't good enough either.. in a word Sabitzer can go back but if he stays I'd rather keep him than Mctom or DVB

jeepers

Would rather have Mejbri taking McT’s minutes than swapping McT for Sabitzer.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Glad he is just on a loan.

Decent player but plenty out there that should be better if we have to pay money for a transfer.

croadyman

We need two midfield signings which are backup DM and progressive CM. The problem is he doesn't really fit into either category.

croadyman

I thought it was his best game for us
Yeah didn't see the game as was out tonight and place I went had no wi-fi. You do wonder if we will ever see Casa,him and Eriksen all play

ClassOf'99

Yeah didn't see the game as was out tonight and place I went had no wi-fi. You do wonder if we will ever see Casa,him and Eriksen all play
Only way I see that happening is if Bruno plays RW while Antony rested.

captaincantona

The bar seems to have been set really high with this guy for some reason by many fans. Our midfielders in particular over the last decade have been given chance after chance to prove worthy and few have deserved the time they were given.

He has not played badly in any game, has a fantastic work rate and attitude, has not needed ridiculous amounts of game time to adapt and has rarely played in what you would call a full strength team. For the money we would be paying - it’s a bloody no brainier. aAllows us to throw a shed load of cash at a proper CDM cover.

Sabitzer/Fred/Eriksen/Mebrij/Casemiro/CDM - for two positions….excellent depth.

would like to hear about some viable alternatives before looking beyond this top top pro who has barely put a foot wrong, who we are yet to see the best of and who is available on the cheap!

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Our problem again is we have a plethora of #8/ #10 hybrids in Mctom, Sabitzer, Bruno & even Eriksen really, Fred is an #8 but is b2b with energy, what we need are more #6 for balance so whether we keep Sabitzer or not depends on what happens with other members of our squad, I don't think we should look for a new #8 though, I'd have:

#6 (Defensive/ Ball Winning Mids) Casemiro, X
#8 (Ball Carrying/ DLP) Fred/ Sabitzer
#10 (Creation) Eriksen/ Bruno

ClassOf'99

Our problem again is we have a plethora of #8/ #10 hybrids in Mctom, Sabitzer, Bruno & even Eriksen really, Fred is an #8 but is b2b with energy, what we need are more #6 for balance so whether we keep Sabitzer or not depends on what happens with other members of our squad, I don't think we should look for a new #8 though, I'd have:

#6 (Defensive/ Ball Winning Mids) Casemiro, X
#8 (Ball Carrying/ DLP) Fred/ Sabitzer
#10 (Creation) Eriksen/ Bruno
I would swap Sabitzer & Eriksen in the above as Eriksen plays better in the #8 & Sabitzer plays better in the #10.

Ideally I would want him in and WW, VDB & McT going the other way, he's an upgrade on the later 2.

He also gives us cover to get a better 8 to play next to Case and a Case understudy while not breaking the bank for a CAM/10 cover too

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I would swap Sabitzer & Eriksen in the above as Eriksen plays better in the #8 & Sabitzer plays better in the #10.

Ideally I would want him in and WW, VDB & McT going the other way, he's an upgrade on the later 2.

He also gives us cover to get a better 8 to play next to Case and a Case understudy while not breaking the bank for a CAM/10 cover too
I don't disagree with that but I think ETH's pursuit of FDJ show's he wants ball carrying at 8 and I think Eriksen's ball retention at #10 will be important against better teams

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Keep Eriksen and Sabitzer along with Fred and Casemiro. Get rid of the rest of our midfielders, except Bruno. Buy a top midfielder. Sabitzer should replace players like VDB etc.

Natener

Don't mind signing him for a reasonable price. Nothing truly special about him to be a key player but good enough to be a useful player around the squad. Question is would he be fine swapping the Bayern bench for the United bench. He should get a bit more games here though but he's also at the prime age and quality where he can be a regular starter at most mid size clubs.

lex talionis

Sabitzer is a solid squad man for a club of United's aspiration of competing for the PL and CL trophies, but not a regular starter.

Bruno and Casemiro and nailed on regular starters. Fred and Erikson and nailed on regularly featured/periodic starters.
Then we have Donny. He's got something in his game but it hasn't worked for him at OT and he should be sold.
McTominay divides opinion. I'm not on board with McTominay, although he does come up with the belter of a goal here and there.
Then we have three young midfielders -- Hannibal, Iqbal and Mainoo -- and I just haven't seen enough of them to form an opinion about them but a hard decision has to be made about their futures.
If we can pull it off at a reasonable cost, I'd like to keep Sabitzer while we sell McTominay to Newcastle. But we'd still need an actual CDM to cover for Casemiro and we'd still need an upgrade on Eriksen.

CM

I'd be a bit worried if we try to sign Sabitzer permanently in the summer. He has been fine as a short-term fix for Eriksen's injury and giving us cover in a position of the pitch where we lack bodies, but there's no place for him in this United side in the longer term.

We need to sign two midfielders in the summer. One who is happy to receive the ball under pressure, bring some calm to the team and move the ball well. The other needs to be someone who can provide cover for Casemiro and screen the defence to a better standard than the current deputies - who don't resemble defensive midfielders at all. Sabitzer doesn't fit the bill for either of those roles. He doesn't do anything for bringing down the average age of our midfield either.

Signing him permanently doesn't make sense on any level. We need to raise our standards and not be content with signing average players just because we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.