Marco Reus

Trizy

Strange, thought he'd never leave Dortmund but if he has he's eye on Barcelona surely he'll have to wait until Suarez declines? Neymar-Messi-Reus.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Neymar is already better than Reus and is younger.
Agreed. Cant see Barca signing him even if he wants to go there. Looks like its City, Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern and United in the race.

Madrid are likely to get Hazard next summer so they wont be in for him and Bayern have Costa who is an absolute monster. I suspect his next location will be the Premier League.

In fact, I don't see City buying him as they are stocked so I can only really see Chelsea or United going in for him. With Hazard likely going, we will probably be more desperate but United are bigger idiots and will throw more money at him.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Or there won't be a next location and he'll stay.
I do think that's most likely. Dortmund are on the up and he has no real reason to go to the Premier League (Nor has he expressed a desire to). I don't see him going for a long time yet.

JohnnyLaw

Agreed. Cant see Barca signing him even if he wants to go there. Looks like its City, Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern and United in the race.

Madrid are likely to get Hazard next summer so they wont be in for him and Bayern have Costa who is an absolute monster. I suspect his next location will be the Premier League.

In fact, I don't see City buying him as they are stocked so I can only really see Chelsea or United going in for him. With Hazard likely going, we will probably be more desperate but United are bigger idiots and will throw more money at him.
In what way are United bigger idiots than Chelsea?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

After signing Falcao, and those 2 unknown CBs this summer, I don't think you can label any club idiots tbh

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
In what way are United bigger idiots than Chelsea?
I meant in terms of throwing money around.

United idiots when Chelsea signed Falcao :lol:
So did United last season for 24 million.

After signing Falcao, and those 2 unknown CBs this summer, I don't think you can label any club idiots tbh
Again, you spent 24 million on Falcao last year. And as said above, I meant in terms of throwing money around. Neither of those two examples disprove my point. We signed the two CB's because we were too stingy to sign a top CB. We also signed Falcao for more then half his wages nocked off and made sure it was cheap as shit. We are idiots in a sense that we are ridiculously stingy. United are idiots in the sense that they are like a kid given a bucket full of money. They want to spend it all on everything.

Cassidy

So did United last season for 24 million.

Again, you spent 24 million on Falcao last year. And as said above, I meant in terms of throwing money around. Neither of those two examples disprove my point. We signed the two CB's because we were too stingy to sign a top CB. We also signed Falcao for more then half his wages nocked off and made sure it was cheap as shit. We are idiots in a sense that we are ridiculously stingy. United are idiots in the sense that they are like a kid given a bucket full of money. They want to spend it all on everything.
Except our net spend this summer disputes that notion

Cassidy

And when did we spend £24 million on Falcao?
If you believe stupid papers. Aparently Memphis was also £32.5m and Bastian £14.5m too

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Except our net spend this summer disputes that notion
Okay, of course not. So you are saying that United would not spend more then Chelsea to sign Reus? I don't buy it.

Cassidy

Okay, of course not. So you are saying that United would not spend more then Chelsea to sign Reus? I don't buy it.
I did not say that. I commented about being bigger idiots. Falcao was a calculated risk as he could have come back to being one of the best strikers on the planet, once you have seen a player is a dud though, you are still paying him a very good wage and paying a loan fee. I find that far more idiotic.
Also if we look over recent history, you have gone on to beat us to the following signings:

Pedro, Hazard, Robben, Essien.
You were also apparently prepared to spend £35m+ on Stones and £70m+ on Pogba so lets not act like your club doesn't splash the cash when it feels it needs to.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I did not say that. I commented about being bigger idiots. Falcao was a calculated risk as he could have come back to being one of the best strikers on the planet, once you have seen a player is a dud though, you are still paying him a very good wage and paying a loan fee. I find that far more idiotic.
Also if we look over recent history, you have gone on to beat us to the following signings:

Pedro, Hazard, Robben, Essien.
You were also apparently prepared to spend £35m+ on Stones and £70m+ on Pogba so lets not act like your club doesn't splash the cash when it feels it needs to.
We lowballed for Stones all summer and panicked when Everton said no. We refused to pay the €43 million release clause on Griezmann, we were not trying to sign Pogba. That was clearly BS paper talk. We spent all of last summer lowballing for players and then lost our shit and panic bought Pedro after losing our first three games. Liverpool spent more then us last summer despite making less. Surely that is indication of how stupid and stingy we were last season.

I find both idiotic to be honest. It was clear Falcao was never getting back to his best before you signed him; he was damaged goods and didn't fit your managers philosophy either (Neither did Di Maria either). Last couple of seasons have been very scatter gun from United and I have no doubt they would spend a lot more then we would on Reus under normal circumstances. However, when we are desperate we go insane and throw money at everything. That was the point I was trying to make.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We lowballed for Stones all summer and panicked when Everton said no. We refused to pay the €43 million release clause on Griezmann, we were not trying to sign Pogba. That was clearly BS paper talk. We spent all of last summer lowballing for players and then lost our shit and panic bought Pedro after losing our first three games. Liverpool spent more then us last summer despite making less. Surely that is indication of how stupid and stingy we were last season.

I find both idiotic to be honest. It was clear Falcao was never getting back to his best before you signed him; he was damaged goods and didn't fit your managers philosophy either (Neither did Di Maria either). Last couple of seasons have been very scatter gun from United and I have no doubt they would spend a lot more then we would on Reus under normal circumstances. However, when we are desperate we go insane and throw money at everything. That was the point I was trying to make.
Yet you outbid us for Hazzard! I think one summer being frugal should not be used to evidence your clubs lack of spending. The year before Jose spent a few bob both in the summer and in January. Plus who says Jose wanted to spend? Maybe he was happy with what he had, I guess now he's struggling he will whistle the other tune though!

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Throwing money around? Granted the Di Maria purchase counts, but £14m for a great squad/rotation player (Blind), £21m for one of the most talented youngsters in Europe (Memphis, although out of form) £24m for the most coveted CM in the league (Schneiderlin), £6m for BFS, plus paying what we had to for Shaw - nobody is saying he was overpriced this season, just that we had to get it done.

If you consider these "throwing money around" yet £14m for a left back who's played about 3 times, £22m on Cuadrado who flopped, £12m on Filipe Luis (and you were lucky to recoup ~100% of that) and paying Falcao's wages despite seeing his form last year aren't then I just don't understand you. What's even more criminal is refusing to get the Stones deal done and now your defence looks a mess.

Donut

Strange, thought he'd never leave Dortmund but if he has he's eye on Barcelona surely he'll have to wait until Suarez declines? Neymar-Messi-Reus.
Reus is only 2 years younger than Suarez. If he doesn't leave in the next season or 2, he's surely going to stay at Dortmund for life, since no one will pay the huge amount Dortmund will want for someone who is 28+

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Reus is only 2 years younger than Suarez. If he doesn't leave in the next season or 2, he's surely going to stay at Dortmund for life, since no one will pay the huge amount Dortmund will want for someone who is 28+
The price they ask will be reflective of his age, contract and his wishes seeing as hes shown loyalty already despite interest from all of Europes big clubs.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
The price they ask will be reflective of his age, contract and his wishes seeing as hes shown loyalty already despite interest from all of Europes big clubs.
Plus market price. Let's not forget though that Marco didn't extend his contract for a handshake and a warm meal.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Plus market price. Let's not forget though that Marco didn't extend his contract for a handshake and a warm meal.
Money that would have been matched or exceeded elsewhere.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Money that would have been matched or exceeded elsewhere.
That's exactly my point: Reus was free to go, had all option. He voluntarily accepted Dortmund's and Puma's offer and lives in his personal comfort zone.
Therefore, there's no reason why Dortmund should accept a lower than market price matching bid for Reus. They don't owe him anything and vice versa.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That's exactly my point: Reus was free to go, had all option. He voluntarily accepted Dortmund's and Puma's offer and lives in his personal comfort zone.
Therefore, there's no reason why Dortmund should accept a lower than market price matching bid for Reus. They don't owe him anything and vice versa.
Eh?

That's purely your assumption of his motives.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Was surprised at how much he orchestrated the attacks and general play of Dortmund off the ball.

Always thought of him as an intelligent forward but his in-game positioning during different phases of play (with and without the ball) awareness and authority when he's instructing team mates what to do really surprised me as its not something you can fully assess from TV alone.

Enjoyed his interchanges with Aubameyang and his brief spells as a false nine too.

Would love to see him at Old Trafford. Even with the injury proneness of the past 3 years.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Was surprised at how much he orchestrated the attacks and general play of Dortmund off the ball.

Always thought of him as an intelligent forward but his in-game positioning during different phases of play (with and without the ball) awareness and authority when he's instructing team mates what to do really surprised me as its not something you can fully assess from TV alone.

Enjoyed his interchanges with Aubameyang and his brief spells as a false nine too.

Would love to see him at Old Trafford. Even with the injury proneness of the past 3 years.
When Reus is fully fit and in form, he's world class. Too bad he's been struggling with injuries lately, Aubameyang surpassed him since 14/15. 13/14 was Reus' best season for Dortmund I reckon.

Blackwidow

When Reus is fully fit and in form, he's world class. Too bad he's been struggling with injuries lately, Aubameyang surpassed him since 14/15. 13/14 was Reus' best season for Dortmund I reckon.
13/14 was not his best season. Maybe his best two or 3 months in march/april/may. Before that he had a very average season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
13/14 was not his best season. Maybe his best two or 3 months in march/april/may. Before that he had a very average season.
I can recall him being underwhelming at the start of 12/13 too. He carried Dortmund more in 13/14 than 12/13.

Fer

I just read that he has 9 goals in 15 games. So it's not that bad. Do you think he could be available in the summer?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's not playing bad this season, just not at his best. I don't see why Dortmund would be willing to sell him this summer at all though, so I guess he won't be available.

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If Tuchel feels Reus is not the perfect player for his system, this summer would be a good time to sell. The fee could fund the transfer of about any player not at a major club yet.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Just watch him ghost in here for his goal tonight. Class act.

Dir Wangem

He wasn't chosen for Germany's squad in the Euros!:eek:

Bad form, tough competition, or injury?