Marco Reus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Are you including assists when you say scored? Reus has never gone over 23 in a season?
I assume so, I see a lot of German posters on here referring to both goals and assists as the players 'scorer' rating.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah, if he was available, and relatively happy to move, for 60m pounds, he'd be in Manchester, asking Schweini what language is Rooney speaking. "Is it Welsh, I though he was English?"

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Any article linking Reus with a PL club is simply clickbait. If he did decide to leave Dorrmund, he'd go to Barca or Real Madrid.

fatboy

I doubt this story was true. It's almost like an afterthought shoved in. I can't imagine negotiations for a top player can just start and end like that.

But just for the sake of discussion, I think 60mil on the last day of the transfer window for Reus would have been an ok deal. Hopefully we can work on this next summer!

ricky-romeo

after learning januzaj was going to dortmund on loan, i was expecting ed to conclude a deal for reus and that was going to be our surprise signing and the reason why we didn't sign pedro.

well...

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I assume so, I see a lot of German posters on here referring to both goals and assists as the players 'scorer' rating.
Kicker magazine started that nonsense by offering a list for top goalscorer ('Torjäger' in German) and a list for the players who have the most goals + assists. They called the latter 'Scorer' for some reason. I always found it a bit odd and don't get why they didn't use a German word, but instead used an English word that doesn't really fit. I never use it.

Blackwidow

Kicker magazine started that nonsense by offering a list for top goalscorer ('Torjäger' in German) and a list for the players who have the most goals + assists. They called the latter 'Scorer' for some reason. I always found it a bit odd and don't get why they didn't use a German word, but instead used an English word that doesn't really fit. I never use it.
But it makes sense to judge offensive midfielders by goals and assists, not just goals...

Injured again... happened in the Hertha match. Broken toe.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
But it makes sense to judge offensive midfielders by goals and assists, not just goals...
Yeah, but surely you can call it something else than just 'scorer', because it's misleading. Scorer points kinda implies that it's more than just goals, but still a bit shit.

Broken toe.
Didn't he already have that once before? I think in his last season at Gladbach? And then Jermaine Jones deliberately stepped on it and caused a huge outcry?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Time for Januzaj to get right into the squad. I think Tuchel wanted a left footed attacking mid for the right wing anyways.
Reus could train normally yesterday with the national team. The slightly broken toe (not completely fractured) was known bevorehand and I would not be surprised that in the end Dortmund urged him to sit out the two qualifier games to not risk anything. If it would be anything serious he would have never traveled to Frankfurt in the first place.

I don´t expect Januzaj to play a significant role vs. Hanover, because he is also with the national Team and will not have trained with the team a full week by then. He might get a few minutes, but nothing more. If Reus would be unable to play in Hanover, I expect Hofmann or Castro to take his place in the starting line up. Adnan´s first real chance will probably be in the following game vs. Krasnodar in the EL as cover for a starter in preperation of the Leverkusen game.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah, but surely you can call it something else than just 'scorer', because it's misleading. Scorer points kinda implies that it's more than just goals, but still a bit shit.
They could call it "Torbeteiligungen" or "direkte Torbeteiligungen" ("direct goal participations"), but "Toptorbeteiligter" (Top-Goal-Participator) doesn't exactly roll off the tongue either.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I really just can't fathom my favorite non-United player was really open to a move and we weren't willing to overpay a bit. He's exactly what we need. What every team needs, really. An eye for goal, pace and dribbling.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I really just can't fathom my favorite non-United player was really open to a move and we weren't willing to overpay a bit. He's exactly what we need. What every team needs, really. An eye for goal, pace and dribbling.
Where does it say that Reus was open to a move?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Didn't you see that Email from that lawyer of FAMILIENANGEHÖRIGER GmbH?
Looked very credible to me..
Yeah... I even retranslated it. I don't EXACTLY know what was going on, but iirc it was mostly about United searching for something near some award with a lawyer because Reus was a possible transmission.

NinjaFletch

Yeah... I even retranslated it. I don't EXACTLY know what was going on, but iirc it was mostly about United searching for something near some award with a lawyer because Reus was a possible transmission.
What I like about it the most is that the German is only so shit because the English is so hilariously clunky because he wanted it to sound professional. I reckon the guy that made it is, at most, 15 and he fooled half the internet.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
What I like about it the most is that the German is only so shit because the English is so hilariously clunky because he wanted it to sound professional. I reckon the guy that made it is, at most, 15 and he fooled half the internet.
My 2nd favorite part is that he misspelt "please" at one point as "pleasae" and the horrendously shitty translator program he used just left it like that in the german version.

My favorite part is the single "Danke" (Thanks) at the end of the letter. :lol:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Can't believe you guys studied that letter so closely :lol:.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Surely the Januzaj loan is some sort of a deposit/down-payment for Reus? It makes perfect sense because there is literally no other reason he should have gone to Dortmunt.

I'd put money on the club announcing the an agreement with Dortmond early next summer, or even January, you never know.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Surely the Januzaj loan is some sort of a deposit/down-payment for Reus? It makes perfect sense because there is literally no other reason he should have gone to Dortmunt.

I'd put money on the club announcing the an agreement with Dortmond early next summer, or even January, you never know.
"Ok, we loan you that 20 year old kid who might make a decent bench player or might not and in return we get your biggest star, deal?"

Yeah, that sounds logical to me.

GE

"Ok, we loan you that 20 year old kid who might make a decent bench player or might not and in return we get your biggest star, deal?"

Yeah, that sounds logical to me.
They know he's bound to leave at some point, and it would be in a fair manor - unlike being shafted by Bayern (ala Gotze and Lewansowski).

They keep him for an extra season, plus the benefit of a young loanee star in Januzaj to help get them back up the table and possibly into the Champions League.

It all makes perfect sense.

Besides, don't they need the money?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They know he's bound to leave at some point, and it would be in a fair manor - unlike being shafted by Bayern (ala Gotze and Lewansowski).

They keep him for an extra season, plus the benefit of a young loanee star in Januzaj to help get them back up the table and possible into the Champions League.

They don't need the money and he isn't bound to leave.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

They keep him for an extra season, plus the benefit of a young loanee star in Januzaj to help get them back up the table and possible into the Champions League.

He has a long term contract. And why would having someone like Januzaj who, at his current level, doesn't exactly deliver big performances help them when he would be gone with Reus? I'm not so sure if you're serious.

GE

This will happen next year. Mark my words.

I'll be back to prove you guys wrong. It makes so much sense, it's bound to happen.

GE

How about another petition?
There's no need mate, this deal is already under wraps as I stated in my above posts.

You can create one just to be sure though? the club are bound to see it if you get enough signatures.

izec

There's no need mate, this deal is already under wraps as I stated in my above posts.

You can create one just to be sure though? the club are bound to see it if you get enough signatures.
:lol: I will, the first thing i will do once the window opens again.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
They don't even have a buy-option in their loan contract with Januzaj...

So it should read @do.ob
""Ok, we loan you that 20 year old kid who might make a decent bench player or might not and after a year he'll return to us with your best player in tow?"

Status
Not open for further replies.