Marco Reus

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah.. Dortmund selling their most prestigious player, who signed a long term contract a couple of months ago and very explicitly spoke about his long term plan with the club.
Five. Minutes. Before. The. Window. Closed.

It's definitely on!

Jagga7

I heard he's joining Liverpool anyway. He's always dreamed to play with the likes of Joey Allen and Danny Ings.

Kakeru

Our fan's desperation to see a big name signed is absurd. Go play fm ffs.
Oh, shut up!

A fecking winger is what we need in any case. I don't think it's a secret after all the talk we had about the absurdity of playing Mata on the right flank.

DarkXaero

Safe to say Miguel Delaney is a bullshitter now. Never understood why people here called him reliable in the first place, nothing he has said over the last two years has turned out to be true really. There is absolutely no way that Dortmund offered Reus on deadline day for 60m pounds to us, and we turned it down. Considering Woodward's desire for marquee signings, and wanting to make a splash on deadline day (going by last summer), there is no way we'd turn this down.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oh, shut up!

A fecking winger is what we need in any case. I don't think it's a secret after all the talk we had about the absurdity of playing Mata on the right flank.
Erm, no?

Reus doesn't play on the right flank regardless. He's a second striker or left forward. Either way, what we want and what we can get are two different things.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Erm, no?

Reus doesn't play on the right flank regardless. He's a second striker or left forward. Either way, what we want and what we can get are two different things.
Reus has started mostly on the right for Dortmund this season. I don't think he's limited to one or two positions and he roams a lot anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Reus has started mostly on the right for Dortmund this season. I don't think he's limited to one or two positions and he roams a lot anyway.
Ah, alright. I don't think he's on the market, though?

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Honigstein said, if Dortmund discussed anything regarding Reus, it was to move the Januzaj deal along (added jokingly or to troll United). He was never available, but Honigstein also said Bayern Munich would have sold Goetze for the Martial money.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Ah, alright. I don't think he's on the market, though?
Of course not, it's attention seeking from desperate journalists.
Buy yeah Reus plays on the right and has played there a lot for Gladbach as well before he moved to Dortmund, he basically can play every attacking position.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
He also played as a striker against Odds in the 7-2, when he scored a hattrick.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Honigstein said, if Dortmund discussed anything regarding Reus, it was to move the Januzaj deal along (added jokingly or to troll United). He was never available, but Honigstein also said Bayern Munich would have sold Goetze for the Martial money.
Honigstein also enjoys long walks on the beach and pretending he has insider knowledge when he obviously has not.

amolbhatia50k

As much as I would like to see the muppet fest I very much doubt that he is available.
Is what I thought. He's a great player. Needs to get over his injury issues and have a couple of mega seasons now.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
We would've sold him for the money. But given the shitload of cash United seems to be throwing around these days, now we should maybe demand 100% more. Shit, they maybe would've paid 30m € for Schweinsteiger, we got screwed over :lol:

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
Twitter caught this bug apparently. It was all over twitter according to my mate that we were put off by the £60m price tag. I just hope to god that's not true given what we paid for Martial.

hobbers

Important to remember we've only shelled out £22m for Martial thus far.

Revan

Assumptionman
Important to remember we've only shelled out £22m for Martial thus far.
Well, 36m are guaranteed (depending on the euro-pound exchangeit can be slightly less or more). It is a 50m euro deal, just that 20m will be payed in the next 4 years, but still, it is guaranteed money for Monaco.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We weren't in for Reus. No one knew who we were in for and they saw where Adnan went to and then lied.

Kostur

海尔的老板
We would've sold him for the money. But given the shitload of cash United seems to be throwing around these days, now we should maybe demand 100% more. Shit, they maybe would've paid 30m € for Schweinsteiger, we got screwed over :lol:
Top banter. My sides are gone.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Him and Pogba sign for Barca or Real next year, if they have spectacular seasons.

Those two don't mess around.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The german is so fake, I don't even want to comment on it :D Its just Google translate or worse. Sportstotal is a German Agency ffs, who shall believe this? And who is the clown posting this?
You think someone planning a joke like this would get some one who actually can speak the language in on the act.

Blackwidow

The German in this letter is no proper German. Seems to be translated with Google translator from English into German... - totally fake...

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
this is on twitter from an agent Vincent Rodriguez, apparently ex Mendez

which if true, is a howler by Utd
Just tell me you havent send the 10k to the Nigerian Prince yet, for which he´ll reopen the transfer deadline.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
"Vincent Rodriguez" is a United fan who changed their twitter handle from TheTerraceNews. Some older tweets with his old handle tagged:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Just tell me you havent send the 10k to the Nigerian Prince yet, for which he´ll reopen the transfer deadline.
So... the "german" stuff he posted "retranslated" into english is quite brilliant:

"Can we demand your service in these coming days is Marco Reus object of a transmission on Manchester United. In advanced talks the teams will connection to the business and our clients is happy with the employees talk about reference with Ed woodward and the head coach LvG.

We must to search at the award in the vicinity and also a FIFA registered lawyer, to help with legal aspects, we understand you in England currently are, "pleasae" [sic] call us to confirm.

Thanks"

Sounds like a man ITK to me. I love the tweet in which he claims posting this would "prove his status". Status as a gibbering git.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Don't think I believe it but I would like to have thought we would have at least asked about him. If it is true then it is pretty disappointing that we didn't just pay the money. Considering we seem willing to buy Bale for a lot more and Reus is the better player of the two.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
this is on twitter from an agent Vincent Rodriguez, apparently ex Mendez

which if true, is a howler by Utd
Come on mate, you're going to believe baseless Internet gossip and some laughable screenshots of confidential emails? This is IndyKaila territory, LOL!

IF, and bear in mind there are a lot of ifs here, we were in for Reus but bulked at the fee, the quoted fee must've been ridiculous.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The funny/sad/unfortunate part of it, whichever way you look, will be that it is totally possible that some English journalist will be publishing 'exclusive' story on this. Nowadays I won't even be surprised if Ogden and likes do it too, not only journalists of Metro and Star.

Mali_Zeus

I am bad in German but even I can see that is not a proper German. It sounds like those German lectures when you just start learning it: Ich habe Kasebrote gegessen, I habe eine Kassette in eine Kassetterekorder aufgenommen. (My German isn't much better than that. :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.