Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Good game from Rojo, that crucial tackle as well. Less hoofing today and less crazy half court shots as well :lol:

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Improved in the second half. Him and Jones make for a decent pairing. A better passer than pretty much every other CB we've got.

ClosetDevil

Slowly rediscovering that form of his that made him an automatic name on the first team sheet before his injury.

TheSandman

can we talk about his insane ball playing skills from the back, pinging cross field passes accurately. Only reason more didnt connect was because we didnt have someone big and tall like lukaku

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I liked his free role in the 2nd half he was making runs ahead of Pogba at times :lol:
Love Rojo, hope he finds his form again.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I love him.

He should be an automatic starter. So much heart. Not arsed if he’s reckless every now and again we need people with that desire in our squad. He’s also actually a decent footballer and calm on the ball.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The Jonojo partnership is back :keano:

Or is is Rojones?

Bwuk

Love Rojo. Best game since his come back.

So much better having him ans Jones who agree comfortable with the ball rather than Smalling.

Ekeke

Much better. Easily his best performance of the season.

It was a good last ditch tackle for sure, but he had to make it because he dived into the previous tackle and missed. So he made up for his mistake

el3mel

Think he was better than the previous games. Starting to get more match sharper.

Silas

Hope this marks a return to his form of last season.

Red_toad

Very good today. Nice to see he’s not as poor as this thread has made him seem this season. Was always going to need time coming back from a bad injury.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He is a nut with his longshots, but as good or better with the ball than any other CB on our squad. He produced one long diagonal that I assumed had to come from Pogba.

Womp

idiot
He's so good when he's playing like this. I love nothing more than an aggressive CB who just closes everything down. We lost our only two CB's capable of doing that with Rojo and Bailly being unavailable this season.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
It takes time to recover from an ACL injury, so I don't know why people were so surprised and angry at him for being rusty when he initially came back.

Stubble

Players returning from injury and periods on the bench need to be cut some slack by the forum until they are fully match fit and back into the groove. We jump on players way way too quick again and again - Shaw, Rojo both are prooving this point now. Herrera will improve if given enough matches also - his dip in form follows being replaced by Matic and being flirted to the bench - none of these players have suddenly become crap like some prefer to believe.

No doubt Fellaini, Smalling and others will suddenly be deemed crap and should be sold as soon as they return if they don't play to the top of their game immediately....

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Players returning from injury and periods on the bench need to be cut some slack by the forum until they are fully match fit and back into the groove. We jump on players way way too quick again and again - Shaw, Rojo both are prooving this point now. Herrera will improve if given enough matches also - his dip in form follows being replaced by Matic and being flirted to the bench - none of these players have suddenly become crap like some prefer to believe.

No doubt Fellaini, Smalling and others will suddenly be deemed crap and should be sold as soon as they return if they don't play to the top of their game immediately....
Rojo also committed the terrible sin of filling in at a different position due to circumstances.

automaticflare

That block/tackle literally changed the game
Super today in what has been an inconsistent run of form from him

cletus7

He’s an uplifting character on the pitch and can pass short and long whilst keeping cool in the ball.

mattsville

He is a good determined defender, but he has a rash streak that he needs to sort out, no need for it at times, it costs us.

Sylar

Odd man. At times he aimlessly hoofs it up the field despite no pressure and no where close to our players.
At other times when an opposition player is coming to close him down he calmly pings it from one side to another almost to the foot of the player hes trying to find.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Odd man. At times he aimlessly hoofs it up the field despite no pressure and no where close to our players.
At other times when an opposition player is coming to close him down he calmly pings it from one side to another almost to the foot of the player hes trying to find.
Wasn't he also missed that header, to allow a free open header by Everton player?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Superb block on Niasse. He really cracked me up with his shots though. The first one was ridiculous considering where he was and how it almost created an Everton counter attack.

Loublaze

ATLien
Superb block on Niasse. He really cracked me up with his shots though. The first one was ridiculous considering where he was and how it almost created an Everton counter attack.
I don't know who's shooting is worse, his or Herrera's

Oldyella

Such a strange player, he can look majestic one minute pinging balls to wingers left and right and then in the same game look like he's never played the game before taking potshots from distance.

I still can't tell whether we should build a defense around him or he should be someone we look to move on. When he plays like last night he looks formidable but we have seen about 10 games or so from him like that in his years here.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he was excellent, especially in the first half.

cyberman

Anyone notice the marking in the box if Rojo didn't block the pass?
Pogba just stood there watching and even turned his back to the Everton attacker.

Bobski

He is incredibly erratic, in pretty much every aspect of his game, passing, tackling, aerial, reading of the game. One minute can look exceptional, the next an utter clown.

He is incredibly erratic, in pretty much every aspect of his game, passing, tackling, aerial, reading of the game. One minute can look exceptional, the next an utter clown.
He seems better when we're defending higher up the pitch. Close to our own goal or as the last man he seems to panic and lunge at things. Im still not convinced hes good enough long term but he's comfortably the best left sided CB we have.

I don't mind his long passes too much. Even the wild ones help us push up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.