g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Marcos Rojo returns to first team training

Kostur

海尔的老板
They're pro athletes with access to the best medical care and facilities in the world. You're just a massive spanner.
:lol:

Glad to see him back, we need players up and running for when CL kicks in, stay as fresh as we can for the Xmas period.

barmyarmy

Great News with Champions league games starting Next month we can easily rotate our defenders against one or two easier teams

stygg

Whilst I agree we won't see him in the immediacy, if he has indeed returned to training, then expect to see him getting minutes next month. A player doesn't link up with the first team if he isn't in a position to be integrated back into the fold, sooner rather than later.
Shaw has trained with the team since start of pre-season but is yet to feature (might be on the bench for Leicester). Don't think we'll see Rojo back in September but maybe early October. Games are coming thick and fast after the international break which may hurry his comeback in the squad to start with.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
how's that even possible? footballer's are obviously on drugs. I tore my ACL & Meniscus over the summer and was told it's a minimum of nine months rehab after the surgery.
I have the same injury, operation and rehab for at least 6 months after. However I would assume the Rojo is in a slightly better condition than me and the treatment he's getting is a bit better than the one the Swedish healthcare system provides.

Jacko21

Shaw has trained with the team since start of pre-season but is yet to feature (might be on the bench for Leicester). Don't think we'll see Rojo back in September but maybe early October. Games are coming thick and fast after the international break which may hurry his comeback in the squad to start with.
Yeah, that make sense. Interesting though, that United made a point of showing that he was back amongst the squad. Seems all three of Young, Shaw and Rojo are ahead of schedule somewhat. Which is good.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I have the same injury, operation and rehab for at least 6 months after. However I would assume the Rojo is in a slightly better condition than me and the treatment he's getting is a bit better than the one the Swedish healthcare system provides.
Yes, true, and likely me, too (although I am going private). But, still, surely there's only so fast the ACL can heal as it's a natural process?

stygg

Yeah, that make sense. Interesting though, that United made a point of showing that he was back amongst the squad. Seems all three of Young, Shaw and Rojo are ahead of schedule somewhat. Which is good.
And Zlatan too :devil: But really good news!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Excellent news. We already looked strong at the back but bringing Rojo and Shaw back in to the squad really would hammer home how equipped we are defensively. We've got so many options at cb it's crazy.

SteveW

Great to see him back. Not our 2nd best defender though. Played well for 3 months. That's it

Todd

Very glad he's getting closer to returning. I wouldn't want the center pairing of Jones/Bailly to be disrupted right now, as they've started the season wonderfully, but I'd take Rojo at LB over Blind for sure.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Very glad he's getting closer to returning. I wouldn't want the center pairing of Jones/Bailly to be disrupted right now, as they've started the season wonderfully, but I'd take Rojo at LB over Blind for sure.
Rojo is a walking disaster at LB. Play him at CB only please.

AgentP

Great news. I expect him to be pushing for a starting berth from October onwards. On a side note, I hope Jones isn't selected for the English team. Let him just take that time off to stay fit and injury-free.

Red4Life_#7

i'd have Jones over Bailly right now, and i'm not sure we'll see much of Shaw in the back four any time soon.
Shaw just played 60mins in the U23's so it will be sooner rather than later. He also put out a statement saying he is ready to JM.

Does Rojo's return push Lindelof, or Smalling, further out of the CB 'backup' reckoning?
I think JM wanted to play 3-5-1-1 a lot this season so I would say no.

Todd

Blind is a liability anywhere on the back line. I think he's decent cover but he shouldn't be starting.

I'd take Rojo at LB over Blind when he's fit or Shaw or Darmian right now over Blind.

ManuMou

How long does it take from "1st team training" to sub/starter ? 2-3 weeks ?

Alabaster Codify7

Great, he was an animal last season and clearly loves being at the club.

Jones, as beastly as he's been, will likely get injured again soon. Smalling and Lindelof will find games hard to come by I reckon in the latter half of the season.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Good news :devil:
He's probably just doing very light training. Don't expect him playing before November at the earliest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bear in mind this quote from Mourinho during pre-season:

No doubt he was being conservative, but even so... not sure how Rojo has made a return a training so soon. Unless he's just saying hello. :)
When the injuries first occurred, the prognosis was that Rojo would be back in September and Zlatan in January.

Baxter

Good news :devil:
He's probably just doing very light training. Don't expect him playing before November at the earliest.
Yeah it was on Sky and he was training away from the main group but it's good to see him back.

On that first picture you can his pretty nice scar on his knee.

Last edited:

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Seeing as Jose can make him work at CB, I think there is a chance he might try to make him work at LB despite being terrible there (and just about everywhere else) under LVG. Especially considering he was LB of the tournament at a World cup.

fretless

Great to see him back. Hope his rehab continues to go smoothly. It's great seeing his passion on the pitch. As long as he doesn't require a passport he's very reliable.

PieCrust

Please lord yes. Terrible, terrible LB. Ok CB that had a single run of form for a bit last year that has inflated his ability on the caf. He has also been bad to below average for a lot of his time at United.

I'd rate him as our 4th choice CB normally. If he can maintain form, maybe 3rd. Bailly, Jones, Smalling are ahead of him. I expect Lindelof to be as well, once Jose beds him into the league.

Still though, a good depth option that on his day, can play at a high level. An ideal squad player.

ravelston

The surgeons aren't going to sign off before 6 months (end of October). Until then he's probably going to be limited to straight line work. Likely to take at least 6 weeks after that to get to anything like match fitness - so beginning of December if everything goes well. (The problem with an ACL reconstruction is that it feels fine after 3 months, but that's when the graft is at it's weakest. Strength comes from revascularisation which takes time - nobody actually knows how much time, but 6 months seems like a safe guess and that's what surgeons use pretty much universally.)

el3mel

He can train but definitely can't be involved in a competitive match just yet.

He should take his time, same as Zlatan. No need to hurry and risk returning early from the injury. We have very good options in both positions.

Inter Yer Nan

Can't wait to see him back in the team. I'd guess he will start to get some playing time in November and be back in the time sometime in December with the inevitable injuries piling up.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Yes, true, and likely me, too (although I am going private). But, still, surely there's only so fast the ACL can heal as it's a natural process?
I think the healing process is not that long, what takes time is strengthening the ligaments and the muscles around it as well as training it to extend and stretch properly which is where they have an advantage. This is their job whilst for your average person you have to fit in therapy on top of everything else.

Kapardin

Warrior. Looking forward to his two footed tackles and general hot-headedness.

Our best defender, really love the guy.