5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drainy

Hang on, comparing Rashford to Welbeck is a thing?

Just a reminder for who compare them. Welbeck had 29 goals in 142 appearances. Rashford has 24 goals in 79 appearances.
I remember matchday threads last season where Maradona10 would repeatedly say Rashbeck whenever he messed up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok. His sane critics will be quiet.

Just go back to the matchday thread and repeat 'rashbeck' at every poor touch and miss.

I wouldn't be surprised, if Rashford hasn't already scored more in his career than Welbeck. If not he won't be far off.

Different gravy.

Rashford I think needs one goal to be our all time top teenage goalscorer.
You don't need much of a memory to remember who it is currently...

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I wouldn't be surprised, if Rashford hasn't already scored more in his career than Welbeck. If not he won't be far off.

Different gravy.

Rashford I think needs one goal to be our all time top teenage goalscorer.
You don't need much of a memory to remember who it is currently...
Totally differnt tuope of player. Plus Rashford has huge qauds instead of bambi legs and doesn't fall over whenever he is in front of goal.

Paul_Scholes18

A very good performance from Rashford. 2 goals and he is totally bossing them. Much better compared to the performance in the last game. Hope to see him on fire against Southampton as well.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He's having a good game but nobody has ever said that he isn't capable of that. It's the 'special talent' and 'as good as Mbappe et al' shouts that I completely disagree with.
He is as good as Mbappe though. Mbappe has had half a good season. He hasn't even been around for two seasons at the top level like Rashford.

It would be good to see how Mbappe would do in the PL. He wouldn't do much better than Rashford imo. Mbappe is so over rated off half a good season.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Totally differnt tuope of player. Plus Rashford has huge qauds instead of bambi legs and doesn't fall over whenever he is in front of goal.
:lol: No he doesn't. Falling over is more due to lack of balance, coordination and core strength though, not weak quads. I wouldn't say he's got bigger legs than Welbeck though.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's having a good game but nobody has ever said that he isn't capable of that. It's the 'special talent' and 'as good as Mbappe et al' shouts that I completely disagree with.
Dont you think Rashford is a special talent? How often do you see such young attacking players combining talent with that motivation, drive and willing to learn and improve. He can build the perfect physique with his height, speed, agility, strength as well. He is no Mbappe imo but certainly a special talent.

Shark

@NotShark
If Rashford isn't a special talent, well then I really don't know what justifies one. Unless people base their standards off a young Messi/Ronaldo.

MiceOnMeth

Can you not say something nice about him without mentioning that he isn't an elite talent/overrated etc.. It really makes you sound like you have an agenda against him.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashford had his shooting boots on tonight. That second goal was exquisite and he showed cleverness to set up Martial. Good night's work.

An Irish Red

Dont you think Rashford is a special talent? How often do you see such young attacking players combining talent with that motivation, drive and willing to learn and improve. He can build the perfect physique with his height, speed, agility, strength as well. He is no Mbappe imo but certainly a special talent.
I don't think he is. He doesn't have anywhere near the technical ability that someone like Martial has.

He'll always be a threat with his pace but I don't think he'll ever be truly elite and I think some of our fanbase are far too eager to (undeservingly) crown him as such.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I don't think he is. He doesn't have anywhere near the technical ability that someone like Martial has.

He'll always be a threat with his pace but I don't think he'll ever be truly elite and I think some of our fanbase are far too eager to (undeservingly) crown him as such.
But technical ability isnt the only thing important to a player, Martial is also very elite in this aspect.

But Rashford's shooting, finishing, hold-up and link-up play, runs might develop into world class levels without him being technically excellent. Look at our own Lukaku, he is no Messi but still rather effective.

Solo Toure

Marcus Rashford is a young gifted player who has the hunger and right attitude to become one of the best players in the world.

If people cannot see that, you should get your eyesights tested.

Mbappe, Asensio, Dembele, G. Jesus, Rashford, Martial et al will be the next generation of world class players.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It amazes me how many people think he's technically poor or his dribbling is sub-par. It baffles me. I seem to be watching a completely different player. Not just now but for the past near 2 years.

Solo Toure

Rashford lacks technical ability?
He may not have God given natural technical ability, however his movement off the ball, his intelligence, he is as skilful as any of our players. Pogba and Lukaku recently said Rashford is the most skilled player in the team.

I for one see clear comparisons with the journey C. Ronaldo made with us.

podurban2

It amazes me how many people think he's technically poor or his dribbling is sub-par. It baffles me. I seem to be watching a completely different player. Not just now but for the past near 2 years.
I think it is because it doesn't look very silky smooth, it's more practical so to say. I think his technique is great, personally, but maybe I am missing something.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
2 goals and a assist. Still voted Martial for man of the match for the entertaining performance but Rashford was superb too. His second goal was a rocket and there are so many improvements in his game, it's so obvious to see. His shooting from distance has improved a lot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Eh? How many players did you predict will be truly elite when they were 19 years old? Did you watch players like Bale, Lewandowski, Vidal, Kane, Drogba, Henry, Scholes, Modric, Griezmann, Suarez and said they will be truly elite?

Making a sure statements like what player will be or won't be elite (which itself is a ambiguous word) is just nonsense as every players have their own trajectories.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I think it is because it doesn't look very silky smooth, it's more practical so to say. I think his technique is great, personally, but maybe I am missing something.
He doesn't do the small steps dribbling that Martial does, true. It's not like he's kicking it and running after it every time though, beating players with pace. He's pulled off some skills that no other in the team has or could, bar maybe Pogba.

Rabonas, backheels, ball rolls, twisting away from 3, 4 players at once. Just not stuff that technically poor or even average players do. Let alone teenager ones.

Last edited:

Luke1995

This kid is really going to be something special. I haven't been this excited about a United player since the Ronaldo days. For anyone saying he hasn't got good technical ability, go watch again both Anderlecht games.

An Irish Red

Rashford lacks technical ability?
He may not have God given natural technical ability, however his movement off the ball, his intelligence, he is as skilful as any of our players. Pogba and Lukaku recently said Rashford is the most skilled player in the team.

I for one see clear comparisons with the journey C. Ronaldo made with us.
In relation to the best talents around he does. Look at the skill Martial displayed tonight; the close control, the quick feet, the composure... that's what an elite talent looks like.

I don't see the comparison with Ronaldo either. He doesn't have anywhere near the same natural ability that Ronaldo had.

Status
Not open for further replies.