5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Irish Red

Making a sure statements like what player will be or won't be elite (which itself is a ambiguous word) is just nonsense as every players have their own trajectories.
I said I don't think he'll be elite as I don't think he has the technical ability. Of course I could be wrong like, who seen Kane turning into what he is after all, but I doubt it.

AdnanRED

Some of these comments man fakin 'ell :lol: lol

This guy and Martial are still so young man and they should improve. I would have loved to read these forums when Cristiano first joined us and see what people had to say about his painful low crossing abilities that always hit the first man.

Just be patient, I think we have 2 of some of the best youngsters in the prem and they are doing really well this season so far.

Anyway, Rashford great finish for the 1st and I love a post and in goal it just makes it look much better lol.

Reactions: Invictus

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is as good as Mbappe though. Mbappe has had half a good season. He hasn't even been around for two seasons at the top level like Rashford.

It would be good to see how Mbappe would do in the PL. He wouldn't do much better than Rashford imo. Mbappe is so over rated off half a good season.
No.

Solo Toure

In relation to the best talents around he does. Look at the skill Martial displayed tonight; the close control, the quick feet, the composure... that's what an elite talent looks like.

I don't see the comparison with Ronaldo either. He doesn't have anywhere near the same natural ability that Ronaldo had.
I do understand what you mean about close control and composure.

Rashford isn't an elite player at the moment but he has the potential to become one, same way C.Ronaldo did when he started at United. People said he was a one trick pony, a diver and a weak player.

Rashford has the same hunger, attitude and mentality to train hard to develop his weaknesses into strengths and his strengths into instinct and evolve to become a beast, same way C.Ronaldo did to become one of the best players of this generation.

haram

He is as good as Mbappe though. Mbappe has had half a good season. He hasn't even been around for two seasons at the top level like Rashford.

It would be good to see how Mbappe would do in the PL. He wouldn't do much better than Rashford imo. Mbappe is so over rated off half a good season.
I am Rashford's biggest fan but there is no chance he is as good as Mbappe.

And to they guy that said Rashford was championship level :lol:. Him getting those two goals was always going to happen tonight.

Sylar

Hes better through the centre. Hes not a winger at all (but I guess since hes fast he will cause issues and problems which helps the team)..
When he does play out wide, we do really need a flyin LB. That would help Rashford immensely to drift and come into the box more (knowing the wing is covered).

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I am Rashford's biggest fan but there is no chance he is as good as Mbappe.

And to they guy that said Rashford was championship level :lol:. Him getting those two goals was always going to happen tonight.
Why not? Mbappe is over hyped to death. The massive price tag has inflated his ability even more.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Martial has better dribbling than Cristiano at the same age but obviously you would pick Cristiano ahead. Why? Because everything else was top notch. If Rashford can do the same thing e.g. Improve finishing, vision and decision making and Martial doesn't do the same then obviously he will be a better player than Martial.

People are obsessed with natural ability on the ball but it's way over the top. Ronaldo can hardly dribble nowadays but is top 2 player in the world.

Martial is better than Rashford on a few things, but Rashford is better at more things than Martial.

Obviously it would be nice to have Martial really work on his major weaknesses, but I feel he doesn't have the same drive to do it as Rashford does. Anyway time will tell

Womp

idiot
Martial has better dribbling than Cristiano at the same age but obviously you would pick Cristiano ahead. Why? Because everything else was top notch. If Rashford can do the same thing e.g. Improve finishing, vision and decision making and Martial doesn't do the same then obviously he will be a better player than Martial.

People are obsessed with natural ability on the ball but it's way over the top. Ronaldo can hardly dribble nowadays but is top 2 player in the world.

Martial is better than Rashford on a few things, but Rashford is better at more things than Martial.

Obviously it would be nice to have Martial really work on his major weaknesses, but I feel he doesn't have the same drive to do it as Rashford does. Anyway time will tell
I know (hope) they'll both be starters and mainstays in our team in a few years.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah Mbappe is ridiculously overrated. Never thought I'd see a youngster ever being overhyped more than I could ever see an English youngster overrated by the English media.

On the back of a hot half a season Mbappe has been put into this elite level and people actually find that normal. The kid is insanely overrated.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

It's post like these that bring in unnecessary and overdrawn debate.

In no way shape and form is Rashford better than Martial in most things, that's just nonsense. And you're quick to reduce Martial to purely a dribbler which isn't the case at all.

Ever wonder why people holding this opinion about Rashford being on par or better than Martial usually bring the very same argument about movements? That's because beside that he doesn't have much on Martial.

I mean it has always surprised me to see that this has actually turned into a never ending debate about who is more talented or better when the answer is very obvious.

I mean just by watching both of them, is it really that hard to easily tell that Martial is simply a superior talent to Rashford and the better player? It's just that obvious to be honest.

People should just be content with having Rashford being a talented kid himself but when people want to constantly compare him to Martial and trying to weight arguments trying to equate their respective talents then that's when he becomes overrated.

stepic

Mbappe is not overrated. no one is yet saying he's one of the best players in the world. people are saying he has the potential to be one of the best (which he is).

and Rashford is nowhere near the quality of Mbappe, right now. who knows what will happen in the future, but right now? no no no. a couple of goals against Burton doesn't compare to Mbappe's exploits in the CL last year.

Laphroaig

I get that people want to be cautious with a very young talent, but to deny that he's a special talent? Of course special talents don't always turn into special players, but one of the most promising things with Rashford seems to be his mentality, his reported devotion and willingness to learn, and how brave and unfazed he seems to be on the pitch. Plus he's a local kid and insane talent in a time and a team where most players cost a gazzillion pounds. I feel it's irrational not to be insanely in love with this player.
I mean just by watching both of them, is it really that hard to easily tell that Martial is simply a superior talent to Rashford and the better player? It's just that obvious to be honest.
Give over. The answer is very obviously not obvious. Why don't we just enjoy having two immensely talented and exciting youngsters, and appreciate that we have no idea who will turn out the better player?

Last edited:

Denis79

He has improved so much. I'm so excited that I get to follow this young lads development.

Red_toad

Some of these comments man fakin 'ell :lol: lol

This guy and Martial are still so young man and they should improve. I would have loved to read these forums when Cristiano first joined us and see what people had to say about his painful low crossing abilities that always hit the first man.

Just be patient, I think we have 2 of some of the best youngsters in the prem and they are doing really well this season so far.

Anyway, Rashford great finish for the 1st and I love a post and in goal it just makes it look much better lol.
One trick pony was the order of the day.

meamth

I can assure you he is still capable of beating one or two defenders with his dribbling. Sure he is not as flashy as he was, but efficient to the core.

ManuMou

Pretty much this.

barmyarmy

I scrolled through last 3 pages didn't find this posted, apologies if already done. Hopefully he will be fine and available for weekend game

meamth

Regretting my decision to give Martial MOTM. Rashford deserved it because up to that point when he scored 2 goals, Martial was quiet and had little influence. Rashford opened up the game after he scored 2, and Martial turned up after that. Now i know why the FA gave him MOTM instead of Martial.

Devil may care

Two quality goals, the first was deft composure while the second was a thunderbolt, good bounce back after the Everton game.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He was very poor the last game, there's no denying that. Looked drunk. And he was in scintillating form this game, getting almost everything right, there's no denying that either. Unfortunately these cycles will continue for a while till he works on his consistency. And this lack of consistency is what sets him a tier below the likes of Mbappe and Dembele.

But he is a very quick learner, so I think he will up there in a few years if continues improving at this rate. A joy to watch when on song, just like Martial.

Name Changed

weso26
He is definitely a special talent! I can't believe anyone would say otherwise.

He scored two excellent goals last night.

I thought the rest of his performance was distinctly average. He made an awful lot of bad decisions and gave the ball away a lot. Also I noticed he didn't make much of an effort to get it back when he did lose it. But scored two great goals.

Martial and Lingard broke their balls with their work rate and trying to get the ball back.

I'm not trying to criticise. I'd be delighted if he can score great goals like that regularly. I think if he improves his decision making he can become a top player.

Treble

I hope he will be a top striker. He has the quality to be good on the wing but I'm not sure that he can become a top wide forward/winger.

meamth

I hope he will be a top striker. He has the quality to be good on the wing but I'm not sure that he can become a top wide forward/winger.
Oh sure he will! He works so hard in training, after training based on the peers and his emphasized physical improvements since his debut.

yfoFC

It's post like these that bring in unnecessary and overdrawn debate.

In no way shape and form is Rashford better than Martial in most things, that's just nonsense. And you're quick to reduce Martial to purely a dribbler which isn't the case at all.

Ever wonder why people holding this opinion about Rashford being on par or better than Martial usually bring the very same argument about movements? That's because beside that he doesn't have much on Martial.

I mean it has always surprised me to see that this has actually turned into a never ending debate about who is more talented or better when the answer is very obvious.

People should just be content with having Rashford being a talented kid himself but when people want to constantly compare him to Martial and trying to weight arguments trying to equate their respective talents then that's when he becomes overrated.

Let's use yesterday's game as a litmus test; Apart from rashford's goals and assist, can anyone here really remember what else he did of high quality note that will be remembered?.. On the evidence of the last few pages of this thread, no one does

How 'bout martial, I bet we can all name at least 5 other note worthy moments of his performance and that says it all really... Rashford does not have more to his game than martial and that's no slight on the young English man

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Let's use yesterday's game as a litmus test; Apart from rashford's goals and assist, can anyone here really remember what else he did of high quality note that will be remembered?.. On the evidence of the last few pages of this thread, no one does

How 'bout martial, I bet we can all name at least 5 other note worthy moments of his performance and that says it all really... Rashford does not have more to his game than martial and that's no slight on the young English man
You must think Ronaldo is average if thats how you judge players.

Treble

Maybe, but he has contributed the same amount of goals (32 - goals/assists) like Martial since their first games at United. And he played less games than Martial.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He has nowhere near the ability that Ronaldo had at the same age.
It's the exact same thing. He had a glorious chance and couldn't take it; which is what usually happens with him. I appreciate his work rate but I think he lacks technical ability.

Also, he's not eighteen. He's two months away from twenty which puts him in the same general age bracket as Mbappe, Dembele, Sane and Jesus; who are all more accomplished players.
He runs about a lot so people think he's better than he is. He's not a patch on Martial.
It's crazy how overrated he is on here. He was poor for most of last season and only ended up with five league goals. He's nowhere near Mbappe, Dembele, Martial et al.
He's right, Rashford was terrible today. He's our weakest attacker not named Lingard.
Not rating him as highly as others do isn't an agenda, it's a difference of opinion. I fail to see how pointing out he was poor today is nonsense either; he blatantly was.
He's nowhere near the talent that some people think he is.
He wouldn't get a game ahead of Jesus and Aguero.
He's having a good game but nobody has ever said that he isn't capable of that. It's the 'special talent' and 'as good as Mbappe et al' shouts that I completely disagree with.
I don't think he is. He doesn't have anywhere near the technical ability that someone like Martial has.

He'll always be a threat with his pace but I don't think he'll ever be truly elite and I think some of our fanbase are far too eager to (undeservingly) crown him as such.
In relation to the best talents around he does. Look at the skill Martial displayed tonight; the close control, the quick feet, the composure... that's what an elite talent looks like.

I don't see the comparison with Ronaldo either. He doesn't have anywhere near the same natural ability that Ronaldo had.
If you ever want to see what an agenda poster looks like this is it. The majority of his posts here. Pathetic.

Drainy

He had a few quality touches runs in the channel and turns in the first half. Second half he didn't influence it apart from a good assist.

You can also mention some loose touches and runs into trouble from Martial in the first half of you are being overly critical - the type of thing Rashford gets slagged off for but Martial's highlight reel never shows.

That said, risk taking players are always going to lose the ball more frequently and at this age you expect inconsistency. My only point is you can manipulate what you choose to mention to suit your agenda.

owlo

Reminds me of a young Saviola. Ridiculously quick and an excellent finisher, and overrated as a dribbler. Shunted all over the place because it gets him in the team and his pure pace makes him effective.

Thankfully LVG didn't manage to ruin this one.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only thing martial has over rashford is hype and price tag. They're pretty much level at the moment I'd say.
Have you seen the Martial thread in the last 6 months?
I disagree with your point though. Think Martial is a bit more gifted.
Very different players in my book though.

Status
Not open for further replies.