5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

I can understand Mbappe but to say Asensio is at a higher level of trajectory is ridiculous. Where was his thread a year ago?
Yes thats important simply because he's a year older than Rashford.
How many moments can Rashford from now until he's Asensios age?
People are throwing around empty statements in regards to Asensio that doesn't make sense.
He's a recent phenomenon after all yet people are arguing as if he has seasons of top level football behind him.

izec

He's going to be stuck at number 19 as now Lukaku is going to be the number 9 shirt wearer for a long while yet, isn't he? Don't think he'll get number 7 by the way

What a talent we have here
He can get the 10 once Ibra is off.

haram

Well he quite clearly is near to Martial :houllier:
Don't want to debate about whether he's close to Dembele or not, as I've seem Dembele only in CL matches and YouTube videos but it's hilarious how you say he only ended up with five league goals and compare him to a player like Dembele who scored 6 goals himself in the league whilst playing with a much more attacking lineup. Also please don't say he's a striker, he hardly played in the striker's position last season.
And Martial who scored 4 goals.
Of course he doesn't respond to any of this.

Fridge chutney

Whereas what you gave was cold, hard fact. So you think Alli and Kane were two of the three most expensive players in the world at the end of last season then?
I agree with Kane, given his age and goalscoring record. In fact if there was one player in England that I could have taken at the start of the window it would have been Kane. I think he is phenomenal.

Alli I'm more sceptical about, he's a stretch but he would be valued highly given his age and how he has played for Sours over the past 2 years.

I think this summer the transfer market has fundamentally changed. Dembeel went for 106M € and Coutinho could have gone for 115-140 If we are to believe reports. That's crazy and valuation is now harder than ever to guess/predict. And for that reason I don't see it as highly improbable that, were we to sell Rashford now, he would go for 2-3x what he would have gone for last season.

Valuation also depends on the club involved. Most clubs simply can't afford to spend oil money.

Ubermensch

Of course he doesn't respond to any of this.
Martial had a poor season last year but his first season gave him the numbers to back up his claim as a top player. Rashford doesn't have that but he's only just turned 19 so we'll see.

haram

Martial had a poor season last year but his first season gave him the numbers to back up his claim as a top player. Rashford doesn't have that but he's only just turned 19 so we'll see.
You can argue that the team that year was set up for him. Now with the pair competing for a similar position in the team, and Rashford looking the more favoured, how can anyone claim Rashford is 'nowhere near' Martial? It's ludicrous. Rashford has obviously grown since his debut season as well, cant say the same about Martial.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I agree with Kane, given his age and goalscoring record. In fact if there was one player in England that I could have taken at the start of the window it would have been Kane. I think he is phenomenal.

Alli I'm more sceptical about, he's a stretch but he would be valued highly given his age and how he has played for Sours over the past 2 years.

I think this summer the transfer market has fundamentally changed. Dembeel went for 106M € and Coutinho could have gone for 115-140 If we are to believe reports. That's crazy and valuation is now harder than ever to guess/predict. And for that reason I don't see it as highly improbable that, were we to sell Rashford now, he would go for 2-3x what he would have gone for last season.

Valuation also depends on the club involved. Most clubs simply can't afford to spend oil money.
You think Kane is the 3rd most valuable player in the world...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He is certainly one of the most valuable players in the world. Regardless of your condescending tone.
why haven't you answered directly. Is he the second most expensive player in the world in your view? It's very simple.

OL29

I don't understand why people constantly have to belittle Martial to praise Rashford :houllier:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We're extremely lucky to have both Martial and Rashford, two of the brightest talents in European football. Piss off pulling down our own players all the time. I wouldn't swap Martial for Dembele or Rashford for anyone.

RedCurry

You hold the preconceived notion that adding Spanish/Portuguese affixes in one's name makes him a more valuable and rated footballer. However, you could accept that while Rashford is a good talent Mbappe & Asensio are on a slightly steeper trajectory at the moment
What trajectory is Asensio exactly on that Rashford doesn't even get to be on? A couple of pre-season screamers?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Rashford hasnt played in the CL yet but has an EL winners medal. Not the same level, I know, but hed blitz that French league. Mbappe scoring 27 goals over there means feck all. We all know another Monaco legend that came to the Premier League and couldnt score a goal to save his life here and at Chelsea.
This is just stupid.

Martial came from Monaco and actually scored more at United than he did at Monaco the previous season.
Any semblance of logic has gone out of this thread.

FromTheBench

United are a top club and Rashford is at United already, So to transfer him out of United right now is gonna take a bonkers bid.

So it's moot putting a value on him comparing with players like Dembele and Mbappe who were at 2nd or 3rd tier clubs. Because United don't need to sell or want to sell.

Market doesn't work in a straight line anyway. For example Bernardo Silva went for 43.5 million this window and then Lemar was going for 92.5 million just couple of months later in the same window.

prtk0811

Eventually Rashford is a no 9 and we have to integrate him there as a striker in the future, So Martial should not be sacrificed for rashford as a Wide forward. At the same time Lukaku has to keep on improving his build up play and link up play , to play along side Martial.

Brightonian

Exactly the point. Regardless of the team they are playing, these players are looking smarter and sharper. Mbappe proved against some better defences in ucl and asensio too has to be special to fit into that zidane's team. Rashford has to improve in the sense , he needs to be smarter. The talent is obviously there.
To be fair to him, Rashford has scored against the best defences he's had a chance to play against. City, Chelsea, a brace against Arsenal. He hasn't played in the Champions League so he hasn't had a chance to continue that trend against big European sides.

JeffBoomTetris

What trajectory is Asensio exactly on that Rashford doesn't even get to be on? A couple of pre-season screamers?
No. Playing at a higher level while constantly improving his game with minutes are what gives Asensio an edge in terms of development.

Rashford still needs to show that form when he first burst on to the scene. Right now, he's behind Lukaku and pretty soon Ibra as well in the pecking order for centre forwards.

prtk0811

No. Playing at a higher level while constantly improving his game with minutes are what gives Asensio an edge in terms of development.

Rashford still needs to show that form when he first burst on to the scene. Right now, he's behind Lukaku and pretty soon Ibra as well in the pecking order for centre forwards.
Ibra will be gone next season i think, Rashford will play centre forward as lukaku's replacement soon.

Kag

Rashford is immeasurably better now than he was when he first broke through.

His goalscoring rate isn't quite so prolific, but he's playing in a very different role. Ultimately, Rashford is an out and out forward. With time he will play there and score goals with more consistency.

RedCurry

Asensio will remain behind Bale, Isco, Ronaldo and Benzema in the pecking order at Real when everyone's fit. Rashford has been an integral part of Man Utd's first team for a year and a half. Rashford also seems to have established himself at the international level for England. In terms of age he's younger than Asensio. In terms of goals he's on par with him. When Asensio starts smashing it at Real constantly in a full senior season I would be fine with people hyping him, but for now he's just a talented player, much like Rashford.

Ubermensch

You can argue that the team that year was set up for him. Now with the pair competing for a similar position in the team, and Rashford looking the more favoured, how can anyone claim Rashford is 'nowhere near' Martial? It's ludicrous. Rashford has obviously grown since his debut season as well, cant say the same about Martial.
All fair points and I respect your view but until rashford has a season like that I won't put him in the same category. But then again if martial doesn't repeat it...

OL29

Tbf the same is done to praise Martial.
Yeah I know and I've commented on it before but I constantly see people complaing about that like it doesn't happen both ways. Just trying to bring some balance ;)

Fridge chutney

why haven't you answered directly. Is he the second most expensive player in the world in your view? It's very simple.
Not interested in continuing this discussion in the Marcus Rashford thread. Quote my name in the Kane or Spurs thread and we can continue if you would like.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
To be fair to him, Rashford has scored against the best defences he's had a chance to play against. City, Chelsea, a brace against Arsenal. He hasn't played in the Champions League so he hasn't had a chance to continue that trend against big European sides.
I understand and i am not undermining him. I am just trying not to overyhype him. He is pure talent but raw talent.

cyberman

He's a threat with ball to feet, he can run in behind and score goals without even trying.
Wonderful player

Shark

@NotShark
We have an absolute gem of a talent, lads. And the best thing about it, he's from fecking Manchester :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.