5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

He's been woeful lately. In saying that, he's hit the bar twice and had a shot cleared off the line in recent games. I still rate him but I think he needs benching for a while.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
This is what happens when muppets started comparing him to Mbappe. :p

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Finally fans are opening their eyes. I've been going on about Rashford for a year saying he just isn't nor never will be class at CF or as a winger. He has not shown anything to prove me wrong. Dribbling? Not great. Shooting? Not great. Decision Making? Terrible. He's a pace merchant who cannot finish a 1v1 chance.

The abuse I've gotten over the past 2 season as well for stating the obvious :lol:
Yeahhh, here is a medal for the "being proven right on a forum" award.

Oakie

He has always hit his freekicks with venom. Why are people trying to twist this into him wanting the glory all to himself.
I am sorry but if he is only able to smash a free kick at 100 mph maybe he should stop taking them when crossing is the only option he gave no one even a slight chance to get a head on it, Looked way more like a shot that was sliced than a ball to a team mate.

You can gobble him all you want does not change the fact that right now he is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

He is not ready to play center and clearly to much of an idiot to see that he him self is going to get rightly shipped out just like any other player that stops working hard.

I would loan him out and bring in an established player in might bring him back down to earth.

But i will say this he is way over rated on here he has next to no close control lacks vision and awareness on the pitch i have seen far better players at his age not make it so dont be shocked if he is another to the long list.

haram

I am sorry but if he is only able to smash a free kick at 100 mph maybe he should stop taking them when crossing is the only option he gave no one even a slight chance to get a head on it, Looked way more like a shot that was sliced than a ball to a team mate.

You can gobble him all you want does not change the fact that right now he is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

He is not ready to play center and clearly to much of an idiot to see that he him self is going to get rightly shipped out just like any other player that stops working hard.

I would loan him out and bring in an established player in might bring him back down to earth.

But i will say this he is way over rated on here he has next to no close control lacks vision and awareness on the pitch i have seen far better players at his age not make it so dont be shocked if he is another to the long list.
You seem quite worked up. He takes dead balls because he is obviously good at them in training and already this year he has flashed one in like that and we've scored from it. Your idea of loaning him out is daft. I wont waste my time with you.

fellaini's barber

Based off the past few games? It is harsh. Especially considering his age and how young players all go through dips in form.
Not based on the past few games, for me he's always been average as I can't point at anything he's really good at. Dribbling is poor, crossing is average, intelligence is rubbish, hold up play average, pace 100%,closing down/defensiveness great. Never a very good attacking player in my eyes.

Oakie

You seem quite worked up. He takes dead balls because he is obviously good at them in training and already this year he has flashed one in like that and we've scored from it. Your idea of loaning him out is daft. I wont waste my time with you.
Worked up? feck yea i am 3 games now he has been utter rubbish, petulant, none team player.

He needs to be brought back down to earth and he will be better for it but you seem to defend him as if its Messi sorry but he carys on playing like this he will be sold plain and simple just like welbeck, cleverly, and the countless others who all had people defending them as young...

It takes more than shooting from 30 yards while ignoring better options to make it at Utd.

haram

Not based on the past few games, for me he's always been average as I can't point at anything he's really good at. Dribbling is poor, crossing is average, intelligence is rubbish, hold up play average, pace 100%,closing down/defensiveness great. Never a very good attacking player in my eyes.
Explosive, good shot on him, pace, work rate going both ways, intelligent runs and movement, good link play. He is 20 years old and will get better. He has a great base to work off. His intelligence is not rubbish. He is just making some wrong decisions atm.

haram

Worked up? feck yea i am 3 games now he has been utter rubbish, petulant, none team player.

He needs to be brought back down to earth and he will be better for it but you seem to defend him as if its Messi sorry but he carys on playing like this he will be sold plain and simple just like welbeck, cleverly, and the countless others who all had people defending them as young...

It takes more than shooting from 30 yards while ignoring better options to make it at Utd.
Yes. 3 games. Exactly. I am defending him from idiots who want him sold or loaned out claiming his is rubbish. I have already acknowledged he didnt play well today. He didnt even take many shots on today either. You just need to calm down.

Oakie

Explosive, good shot on him, pace, work rate going both ways, intelligent runs and movement, good link play. He is 20 years old and will get better. He has a great base to work off. His intellugence is not rubbish. He is just making some wrong decisions atm.
I would think haveing a good shot and work rate would be a basic skill not one that you try and use to big him up....

haram

I would think haveing a good shot and work rate would be a basic skill not one that you try and use to big him up....
Attacking work rate in terms of his runs and movement. Not just tracking back or whatever.

Oakie

Attacking work rate in terms of his runs and movement. Not just tracking back or whatever.
Last post for today but once again they are basic things that every player for every club should do anyway it is not an ability that sets him apart thats just being a bog standed player.

AP88

Supports
Man City
This is what happens when muppets started comparing him to Mbappe. :p
Put Mbappe in the hands of Mourinho for 18 months as an auxilary fullback and watch him become a broken young man as well.

He’s not a winger, he’s an explosive, instinctive centreforward who proved pre-Jose that under a proper youth advocate like Van Gaal can be hugely effective.

Ibrahimovic and Lukaku are stealing his development minutes; his finishing against City and Benfica was sharper and more indicative of a top level #9 than anything those two have/will produce this season.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Needs to be taken off from the limelight for a while. When he's brought back in fold Mou needs to play him as a CF as he's not a wide player. Another square peg round hole situation we're creating similar to what we're seeing with Martial.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Explosive, good shot on him, pace, work rate going both ways, intelligent runs and movement, good link play. He is 20 years old and will get better. He has a great base to work off. His intelligence is not rubbish. He is just making some wrong decisions atm.
It's good of you to defend him. I think a lot of us have been extremely frustrated by him recently and a lot of it is down to his attitude. He started the season on fire and I really can't remember this shitty, selfish, self centered attitude. It's all in his head, and as you state, leads to him making all the wrong decisions as we have seen in games against Bristol City and Leicester. Maybe the competition against Marital got to him? Maybe he's trying to prove to Mourinhos he's good enough to start? God knows. He just needs to go back to basics. I don't think he needs to be benched or sent to the reserves. He needs to know his role and understand that he doesn't need to shoulder all the responsibility. Just look at Jesse in recent games, gets all the simple stuff right and gets into great positions to score. Rashford, on the other, seems to be trying so hard to force something that isn't there. I do think he improved in the second half but still fecked up a few chances when in good attacking positions. Lucky for him, he's only 20 and has time on his side.

King_Cantona07

Another rubbish game. Doest play his position at all. There was one moment shaw was going ahead with ball with huge space to his left, and there is no one for him to pass right or left as rashford is not on left and gone inside center position where he is already crowded with lukaku and other opposition players marking center forwards. When teams park you need to stretch them and best to do is keep the width instead brainless rashford goes center. And the cross with bullet speed which no one can touch. This guy should be given micky treatment to bring him back to ground. Think he is ronaldo already.

haram

Last post for today but once again they are basic things that every player for every club should do anyway it is not an ability that sets him apart thats just being a bog standed player.
If you think good runs and movement is possessed by every 'bog standard' player, you are just wrong. It's what makes for a good forward.

haram

It's good of you to defend him. I think a lot of us have been extremely frustrated by him recently and a lot of it is down to his attitude. He started the season on fire and I really can't remember this shitty, selfish, self centered attitude. It's all in his head, and as you state, leads to him making all the wrong decisions as we have seen in games against Bristol City and Leicester. Maybe the competition against Marital got to him? Maybe he's trying to prove to Mourinhos he's good enough to start? God knows. He just needs to go back to basics. I don't think he needs to be benched or sent to the reserves. He needs to know his role and understand that he doesn't need to shoulder all the responsibility. Just look at Jesse in recent games, gets all the simple stuff right and gets into great positions to score. Rashford, on the other, seems to be trying so hard to force something that isn't there. I do think he improved in the second half but still fecked up a few chances when in good attacking positions. Lucky for him, he's only 20 and has time on his side.
People have the right to be frustrated, it's natural.

Red_toad

Put Mbappe in the hands of Mourinho for 18 months as an auxilary fullback and watch him become a broken young man as well.

He’s not a winger, he’s an explosive, instinctive centreforward who proved pre-Jose that under a proper youth advocate like Van Gaal can be hugely effective.

Ibrahimovic and Lukaku are stealing his development minutes; his finishing against City and Benfica was sharper and more indicative of a top level #9 than anything those two have/will produce this season.
He's been very good under Jose and is just going though a period of loss of form. I see no evidence in his play at all that would say he should be leading the line for United, he's failed miserably when he's been put in that position. He's not yet physically nor mentally ready for it.
I believe Jose has given debut's to more young players than Van Gaal at United,

yardieUnited

i hope someone give him pointers.
the lad does every with top speed. he starts to accelerate before defenders come at him which make it easier for them to stop him. watch him and you will notice it. look at the one on one situtation against leicester.

also he always shoot at the opponent.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Aye, this probably has some truth to it. He is not developing in the best way he could be, under Jose.

Luke1995

He lacks more tactical awareness. That's the ONLY problem. Give this kid until 2019 to learn and he'll be world class.

Lentwood

Finally fans are opening their eyes. I've been going on about Rashford for a year saying he just isn't nor never will be class at CF or as a winger. He has not shown anything to prove me wrong. Dribbling? Not great. Shooting? Not great. Decision Making? Terrible. He's a pace merchant who cannot finish a 1v1 chance.

The abuse I've gotten over the past 2 season as well for stating the obvious :lol:
I’ve also said this and was also one of the first to deride the likes of Herrera and Mata. People sarcastically reply when you are correct (already seen one reply to your original post) but I say you, I and others deserve credit for actually been able to spot a player as opposed to the usual “it woz the manager” muppetry we get on here

Rashford is the Wythenshawe Wanchope. Can’t control his legs it’s like watching an octopus on roller skates. What are his standout abilities? Can’t dribble, average finishing, no threat in the air and touch is suspect.

Eddy_JukeZ

Should be not be a starter for a team aspiring to win the league.

At the moment at least.

DarkXaero

He has been awful lately. If Mkhitaryan got taken out of the squad after a run of shitty performances, the same should be done to Rashford until he gets his head right. He's completely selfish right now, and been subpar/awful in every facet of the game.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
30 appearances. 9 goals. 8 assists. He's shit though... apparently.

Granted he's been pretty poor in the past few games but I reckon a lot of people are going OTT with their criticisms. Personally I'd like to see him reverted to an impact sub for when things aren't going well for Lukaku up top. Martial and Mata might not be in great form either but I'd prefer they started on the right/left respectively.

Last edited:

NinjaFletch

I’ve also said this and was also one of the first to deride the likes of Herrera and Mata. People sarcastically reply when you are correct (already seen one reply to your original post) but I say you, I and others deserve credit for actually been able to spot a player as opposed to the usual “it woz the manager” muppetry we get on here

Rashford is the Wythenshawe Wanchope. Can’t control his legs it’s like watching an octopus on roller skates. What are his standout abilities? Can’t dribble, average finishing, no threat in the air and touch is suspect.
You deserve ridicule for being a terrible supporter regardless of whether you turn out to be right or not.

Listen to yourself ffs, you're taking more pride in being 'right' about players than anything else.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No doubt he’s a terrific player but should he be playing out wide? I don’t think so.

Lentwood

You deserve ridicule for being a terrible supporter regardless of whether you turn out to be right or not.

Listen to yourself ffs, you're taking more pride in being 'right' about players than anything else.
Actually it’s the opposite. Instead of crying on the Internet and trying to get the manager sacked and certain scapegoats bombed out of OT myself and other posters aren’t afraid to call out the real culprits even if it goes against the grain and also actually turn up every week to support the team

Bojan11

No doubt he’s a terrific player but should he be playing out wide? I don’t think so.
He shouldn’t be playing at all. He can’t do the basics right yet people think he should be our number 1 striker. If he’s our number 1 striker then we won’t be scoring much.

Needs to go back on the bench and stick to being a impact sub. That’s when majority of his good performances come from.

mancan92

My problem is that both he and martial are strikers but mourinho's boner for lukaku means they will never get the chance to develop in their position. And honestly whos to say we wouldn't be a better team with them there instead of lukaku.

Sylar

Wish he was played as a striker or not at all. I hate this phenomenon of playing young strikers out wide cos they are fast and can beat a man with their pace. For me, his best performances have always been up top for us (actually imo his best performance last season might have been vs Chelsea at home with Lingard next to him / behind him).

Saying that, when played, it seems like he thinks he needs to do stuff himself / score to justify being there. Thus he does crazy selfish stuff and shoots from insane angles which maybe work 1 out of 10 times. (and that 1 time he does it justifies him doing it a lot like his free kicks).
If he used his head got it up and picked out a killer pass instead it would help the team more and thus probably bring him more praise than scoring.

vxlencia

Saying that, when played, it seems like he thinks he needs to do stuff himself / score to justify being there. Thus he does crazy selfish stuff and shoots from insane angles which maybe work 1 out of 10 times. (and that 1 time he does it justifies him doing it a lot like his free kicks).
If he used his head got it up and picked out a killer pass instead it would help the team more and thus probably bring him more praise than scoring.
IMO, this is a good trait to have. I don’t mind it at all. You saw the very same with CR7. He wants to be different and he’s not afraid to try something difficult. He’s got the hunger and the right attitude. The teams off form and he’s not quite there yet (although we’ve seen flashes of brilliance) so yea it can be extremely frustrating.

But I don’t mind a selfish rashford. But maybe nows not the right time!

el3mel

IMO, this is a good trait to have. I don’t mind it at all. You saw the very same with CR7. He wants to be different and he’s not afraid to try something difficult. He’s got the hunger and the right attitude. The teams off form and he’s not quite there yet (although we’ve seen flashes of brilliance) so yea it can be extremely frustrating.

But I don’t mind a selfish rashford. But maybe nows not the right time!
One thing is being confident of your abilities, other thing is to be a greedy bastard who destroys every attack with your selfishness. Rashford has been of the second type these last games.

Status
Not open for further replies.