5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Maybe people for like you who have nothing praise to say for the club anyways. Other people who are far more sensible are patient and rightly so.

And also don't bring this Mbappé shit in this thread again.
I can't help but like the guy - but I'm unsentimental in my judgement.

He's a CAF/media darling because he's got attributes that fit a narrative - young, English, Mancunian, academy product, likable - but that all means feckall at the end of the day if he deosn't deliver on the pitch. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing enough progress in his game either as center forward or winger to cement a permanent place for the one of the biggest clubs on the planet. The reality of it is United are not going to wait 5-6 years for Marcus to grow up and reach maturity. He's either got to score or has to assist others scoring. He's got as many goals in the league as Otamendi.

Micky Targaryen

He's a CAF/media darling because he's got attributes that fit a narrative - young, English, Mancunian, academy product, likable - but that all means feckall at the end of the day if he deosn't deliver on the pitch. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing enough progress in his game either as center forward or winger to cement a permanent place for the one of the biggest clubs on the planet. The reality of it is United are not going to wait 5-6 years for Marcus to grow up and reach maturity. He's either got to score or has to assist others scoring. He's got as many goals in the league as Otamendi.
Rashford is the CAF darling? :lol: Have you been through this thread?

As for the bolded part, the description also fits Lingard. Are you saying the same thing about Lingard now?

Fans like you "not seeing enough progress" are the reason why I don't read matchday forums. Did you agree with the Pogba sale to Juventus too because you "cannot wait 5-6 years for him to grow up?" What kind of remarkable progress are you expecting from a 20 year old? IMO, Rashford had a solid game today and on another day, he would've scored a few.

Suedesi

As for the bolded part, the description also fits Lingard. Are you saying the same thing about Lingard now?

Fans like you "not seeing enough progress" are the reason why I don't read matchday forums. Did you agree with the Pogba sale to Juventus too because you "cannot wait 5-6 years for him to grow up?" What kind of remarkable progress are you expecting from a 20 year old? IMO, Rashford had a solid game today and on another day, he would've scored a few.
:houllier:

You've joined two months ago mate. So high and mighty. A little bit more respect for some of these fans that have been on the CAF for 17 years. Thanks!

mav_9me

How about just being out of form and lacking in confidence?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

Wow! Hasn’t Lingards recent development learned us anything?

As long as Marcus is trying and creating chances it’s just a matter of time before the end product is there. He’s still growing both physically and mentally so he’s far away from the finish product.

Finally. The impressive part and the reason I think he has what it takes is that he’s still fearless and that he has the confidence to continue trying even when the whole world are against him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Getting way too much stick lately. Need to be patient with him.. feel for him at the moment.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Getting way too much stick lately. Need to be patient with him.. feel for him at the moment.
It seems Jose trusts him and for Jose to trust a 20yr old take a lot of doing.

Suedesi

Wow! Hasn’t Lingards recent development learned us anything?

As long as Marcus is trying and creating chances it’s just a matter of time before the end product is there. He’s still growing both physically and mentally so he’s far away from the finish product.

Finally. The impressive part and the reason I think he has what it takes is that he’s still fearless and that he has the confidence to continue trying even when the whole world are against him.
I actually disagree. I think when he's having one of those days when it seems that the whole world are against him he needs another approach. Lift your head lad and lay it off, find a better placed teammate. What you call "fearless and confidence to continue trying even when the whole world are against him", I call a one-dimensional player that hasn't adapted or evolved enough in his approach and instead of trying something else goes back to the same approach with even more disastrous results.

We're both United fans and want him to become Cristiano overnight, but let's be honest here - he plays with no guile or finesse. He doesn't want to make love to the ball he wants to buttfeck it. Be more romantic Marcus. :nervous:

utdman

Time for Jose to give him a hairdryer. He must have passed when there is better option.
Instead of a hairdryer, I think Rashford is type of player who needs support and encouragement from the manager or fans. He has looked miserable and unhappy on the pitch this season. Going for it but then putting his head down. A hairdryer will only worsen his mood imo. And we must remember Martial and Rashford are two young players who we must be patient with and give them time and opportunity as they have a very high ceiling, especially Martial.

manunited1919

There's nothing wrong with a young striker being a bit greedy in my opinion. I'd rather that than his head drop and start hiding by playing too safe. The fact that he's still trying things and still taking shots on goal suggests he still believes he can score, and is trying to play through this bad patch of form.

I agree with a poster above that he needs to expand his game and use his left foot more though. He'll be OK, he's still very young.
I agree that it’s Ok for him to be a bit greedy. But with Rash, he seems to ignore other players in better positions than him all the time. And when he does decide to pass, it is too late. He needs to work on his skills such as his left foot, and his heading, but mostly I see a need for him to improve his mentality and teamwork.

Mourinho has his work cut out. The comments today after the game say a lot, as Jose goes all out to protect the player. But how long?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It seems Jose trusts him and for Jose to trust a 20yr old take a lot of doing.
Well it's the right thing to do. Last thing we need is to throw the kid under the bus. Let him play his way through whatever it is. If by end of season going into next he is still struggling then we can think things like loan. Too early for that though.

AN17

Going through a bad patch and looks frustrated and trying too much to get things right. He just needs to calm down a bit and be a bit more mature and composed in his decision making. Take an extra touch if need be, look up and find a runner or a better option to pass rather than run the ball into a group of defenders or take it away from the goal further. Tweak things slightly like the pace on a cross or free kick judging the distance from goal and where our attackers are placed. More smart work rather than all hard work.

Esquire

I think the criticism over his decision making will be there through out his career. He does not necessarily make bad decisions, but he more often than not makes selfish decisions and hence becomes an easy target for criticism.
Take for example, the incident where he hit the post from the right. From the moment he recieved the ball he decided to have a go, didnt even pick his head up to spot Lukaku ( who was open in the six yard box). He always backs himself rather than look for a team mate and it is not always wrong.
If the shot comes off, the credit is worth more than the criticism and he is confident enough to take the criticism on to hunt the credit.
For people to say Rashford is stagnating and won’t improve are simply being impatient. He has shown plenty of talent and determination in his brief time as a first teamer here. His decision maker could be better and that will improve with more game experience at the highest level. He tends to be selfish but some people who chide him for that also praise our past great no9s (RVN, RVP, etc.) for having the same mentality. Rashford clearly thinks of himself as a CF or ST and not a winger. His playing style is clearly that of a striker. I do agree with those that he is at best an inside forward and not a winger. Doesn’t have the trickery of a Martial to excel in that position.

eat_grass

All that was missing was the finish. Had either of the four shots gone in we'd be saying "old Rashford is back." Still makes plenty of mistakes, but also plenty of heady plays.

SteveW

He really seems set on being the next Ronnie. Currently showcasing some of his more irritating traits though. But I have faith. He'll be a very good player in time.

He's developing canons for feet. Unlucky not to score and absolute cracker last night.

Just needs to start playing for the team again and stop being a selfish pr*ck though. He's doing the whole Ronaldo "i always shoot " routine a bit too much. And work on his heading. Its abysmal. He's just a kid though. Reckon he'll be terrific in 2 years

TRA007

For people to say Rashford is stagnating and won’t improve are simply being impatient. He has shown plenty of talent and determination in his brief time as a first teamer here. His decision maker could be better and that will improve with more game experience at the highest level. He tends to be selfish but some people who chide him for that also praise our past great no9s (RVN, RVP, etc.) for having the same mentality. Rashford clearly thinks of himself as a CF or ST and not a winger. His playing style is clearly that of a striker. I do agree with those that he is at best an inside forward and not a winger. Doesn’t have the trickery of a Martial to excel in that position.
Agree with every word, fair post.

JoaquinJoaquin

He really seems set on being the next Ronnie. Currently showcasing some of his more irritating traits though. But I have faith. He'll be a very good player in time.

He's developing canons for feet. Unlucky not to score and absolute cracker last night.

Just needs to start playing for the team again and stop being a selfish pr*ck though. He's doing the whole Ronaldo "i always shoot " routine a bit too much. And work on his heading. Its abysmal. He's just a kid though. Reckon he'll be terrific in 2 years
I'll bet you he won't turn out half the player Ronaldo was in his prime.
That isn't a knock on him, he just isn't as good, it's as simple as that really.

He shouldn't be starting the amount of games that he is because he just isn't doing enough at the moment and to be a starter for a club aspiring to be champions both domestically and European wise you should be delivering on a much more regular basis. Hell, I have given Lingard some stick the past two years but he has knuckled down, working hard and is delivering. That's what Rashford needs to do. The positive thing was that Rashford was making an effort and looked genuinely interested again last night, something he hasn't done over the last 6-8 weeks.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Have patience.

People need to go back in time at what stage in their development some of the best strikers were at the age of 20. The fact he looks completely comfortable at such a young age playing at United with all the pressure suggests he has got what it takes to succeed.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
People need to go back in time at what stage in their development some of the best strikers were at the age of 20. The fact he looks completely comfortable at such a young age playing at United with all the pressure suggests he has got what it takes to succeed.
A million times this.

Having a go at Rashford is absurd.

He's putting up good numbers while being rotated in and out of the starting lineup in different positions, he always puts in a shift and he's quite clearly extremely talented - plus he's fecking 20.

He'll come good, and then some.

RuudTom83

Jose was explaining yesterday how Jesse is in a good moment and everything is going for him...whilst Rashford is at the opposite end.

He was calm and mature about the situation, and I’m sure he would have told Rashford the same.

Nothing to worry about.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's easy to forget he's just 20. Kid needs another 2/3 years to fine-tune his abilities and improve his decision-making. United needs another wide forward to relieve some pressure off Rashford and Martial.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We've seen time and time again what confidence can do to a player, it can make brilliant players look poor, it's so obvious he's devoid of confidence. It's on Mourinho to give him some time out of the team, playing him week after week could ruin him with this form.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
To be honest this dip could be the best thing to happen to his career.. because if it brings him down to earth, makes him realise what flaws he has and makes him more determined to work on them etc he will come out of it a stronger man and a stronger player. If he comes out of it like we want him too, guaranteed he'll have improved his technical side and be less reliant on pace etc.

Micky Targaryen

:houllier:

You've joined two months ago mate. So high and mighty. A little bit more respect for some of these fans that have been on the CAF for 17 years. Thanks!
I've been reading the caf for a number of years already and only recently joined to post. Apologies my lord, I should've known about the respect you deserve for your 17 years. Talk about high and mighty.. :lol::houllier:

Reactions: Sultan

LouisDanGaal

Has more contributions than Lingard... Nothing like a bad or good patch to smoke out the clueless fans.

vanderpants

Just needs that goal to get his confidence off the floor and he will be back, was very unlucky last night not to score

Ondrej

I can understand the frustration from him if he indeed scores unbelievable goals in training and somehow just gets unlucky all the time in the actual game. Those post hits have to be goals soon and when that happens he will get his confidence back imo.

OL29

He's been tremendously unlucky recently, once he finds the net again I'm sure it'll be a weight off his shoulders and he'll loosen up with his play a bit. All young players go through a rough patch but at least he's managed to remain dangerous through his. I think he'll come good before long.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Jose was explaining yesterday how Jesse is in a good moment and everything is going for him...whilst Rashford is at the opposite end.

He was calm and mature about the situation, and I’m sure he would have told Rashford the same.

Nothing to worry about.
Exactly. Jose also said that Rashford is smashing in worldies during training. He just needs a bit of luck. You can see his frustration and as a result of it he’s rushing everything he does at the moment..

He’s on 9 goals and should double that before the end of the season, which will be a bloody brilliantly goal tally for a 20 year old rotation player.

diplomat

Every manager so far has praised Rashford and said he is always amazing in training, so it's just a matter of time before it all transfers on the pitch and he reaches consistency in his game.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

ash_86

Positives:
+ Excellent shooting technique
+ Quite fast
+ Makes good runs
+ Quite young and lot of room to improve

Negatives:
- Need to keep his head up making a pass
- Dribbling is still an issue
- Needs to be quicker with his 1 v 1
- Needs to be more aware of his surrounding

Going to be a top player for us in couple of years

prath92

He has contributed quite a lot already so far even with this rut. Not like he has been poor this entire season

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Have patience.

Great post. If he reduces being greedy, he will have a big future

SteveW

I'll bet you he won't turn out half the player Ronaldo was in his prime.
That isn't a knock on him, he just isn't as good, it's as simple as that really.

He shouldn't be starting the amount of games that he is because he just isn't doing enough at the moment and to be a starter for a club aspiring to be champions both domestically and European wise you should be delivering on a much more regular basis. Hell, I have given Lingard some stick the past two years but he has knuckled down, working hard and is delivering. That's what Rashford needs to do. The positive thing was that Rashford was making an effort and looked genuinely interested again last night, something he hasn't done over the last 6-8 weeks.
He definitely won't be anything like as good as Ronaldo. but I do think he'll be a good player

Foxbatt

When he is playing at CF, he is trying to take on too many players. He needs to be a CF if he is playing at CF. He drops back too much and gets the ball and tries to dribble too much. That is his main problem. Not his shooting. He is also too selfish. He is trying to score at every chance even when there are better options available.

flappyjay

His put himself in a situation where he needs to score to contribute. He has became so selfish. He goes past a player and you think now set up a team mate Marcus but no he has to try go past the whole defense

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

"The Pogba sale to Juventus" ffs :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Have patience.

Well put Sults. I have high hopes for Rashford.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It happens to players, particularly strikers, and not just young ones either. Rooney, even prime Rooney, would go through non-scoring runs, complete with increasingly bizarre attempted chips until finally he'd hit scoring form again.

RvN advised Higuain and Ronaldo during a dry spell at Madrid that it can be like hitting the ketchup bottle. Sometimes you keep hitting it hard and nothing comes out, but you've got to believe that it will finally appear.

It must be particularly frustrating for Rashford if things are working in training. Time may be the only thing that fixes it, it's up to Mourinho how to give him that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.