5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

Top personality. This break could not have come at a better time for him. Relax and come back rejuvenated.

RobbieBerns

I watched a compilation of every goal he’s scored in his career the other day, and was blown away at the quality of goals he’s scored. I have a feeling that once the football gets back up and running that he’s finally going to breakout and be considered up there as an elite talent in Europe.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

In my opinion this is exactly how I see Rashford play.

I see Rashford play out on the left still as a centre forward more out of position rather than a winger.

He doesn't play as a winger on the touchline attempting to beat a man too often with his no doubt decent dribbling ability- it's about getting in to the box at an angle as a LF to be the striker he still is. Too centrally, he can struggle to hold up the ball a bit which was mentioned about aubameyang.

Rashford and Greenwood are very deadly players in these slightly off-central positions that must learn to float just at an angle outside the box rather than spend too much time on the touchline as strikers being played as inverted wingers(Rashford has got this in the bag, and I'm sure Greenwood will as well).

Ole does have 3 ST's playing in a first 11 together at times, so the players we buy should be of the right balance to keep our tactics or change it depending upon the need it requires.

Last edited:

reddevilchennai

Rashford is one of the first names that will go in the starting 11 automatically. He has improved his game tremendously this season (especially the free kicks).

But I think that his dribbling has to improve. He is using his pace well but doesn't dribble so well in tight situations. If he can improve his dribbling skills, he can be similar to Ronaldo, impact wise.

He'sRaldo

In my opinion this is exactly how I see Rashford play.

I see Rashford play out on the left still as a centre forward more out of position rather than a winger.

He doesn't play as a winger on the touchline attempting to beat a man too often with his no doubt decent dribbling ability- it's about getting in to the box at an angle as a LF to be the striker he still is. Too centrally, he can struggle to hold up the ball a bit which was mentioned about aubameyang.

Rashford and Greenwood are very deadly players in these slightly off-central positions that must learn to float just at an angle outside the box rather than spend too much time on the touchline as strikers being played as inverted wingers(Rashford has got this in the bag, and I'm sure Greenwood will as well).

Ole does have 3 ST's playing in a first 11 together at times, so the players we buy should be of the right balance to keep our tactics or change it depending upon the need it requires.
Good post. Rashford is learning to use the left half space this season as opposed to sticking on the touchline, and Greenwood tends to roam everywhere to try and find himself in scoring positions.

With players like Martial, Bruno, Pogba, and Fred who can play them in, they should be breaking previous goalscoring records next season once the team settles. Players like Ighalo and Dan James will be good for a plan B, but the plan A will be very exciting to watch.

Art Vandelay

Rashford is one of the first names that will go in the starting 11 automatically. He has improved his game tremendously this season (especially the free kicks).

But I think that his dribbling has to improve. He is using his pace well but doesn't dribble so well in tight situations. If he can improve his dribbling skills, he can be similar to Ronaldo, impact wise.
I don't think it's bad, it's just inconsistent and given his age that's probably to be expected. At times it's excellent and at times he gives it away a bit cheaply. I think the people expecting him to push on and break scoring records need to remember just how young he is and that he's not the finished article yet. He's still got a lot of learning to do.

His freekicks are awful though, he has no clue where that ball is going when he hits it and the vast majority of them are just him giving the ball back to the opposition. Much like Ronaldo. Thankfully Bruno is there now though to keep him off freekicks.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Miss watching him play. He will be a key component of our next great sides, and I fully expect him to win a Champions League medal with us.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Good post. Rashford is learning to use the left half space this season as opposed to sticking on the touchline, and Greenwood tends to roam everywhere to try and find himself in scoring positions.

With players like Martial, Bruno, Pogba, and Fred who can play them in, they should be breaking previous goalscoring records next season once the team settles. Players like Ighalo and Dan James will be good for a plan B, but the plan A will be very exciting to watch.
The few games where Greenwood has sometimes struggled to make an impact from the right was when he struggled to find that half space and spent too much time on the touchline.

I was reading an article that Greenwood was quite the speedy player & it was actually an injury that made Greenwood this technical finisher type a couple years back & now that hes broken in to the first team that hes working on getting his speed back.

I think if Rashford & Greenwood learn to sit consistently within the half space between CB's and fullbacks -
not only would they be great in a 433/4231 but a 352 partnership where they learn when to widen up or narrow depending on the teams current state of attacking, defending or countering.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Thank goodness for the lockdown then if that's the case :lol:

Could've done some serious damage long term had he been trying to rush back. Now he gets the chance to finish with his rehab/recovery completely as recommended

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Thank goodness for the lockdown then if that's the case :lol:

Could've done some serious damage long term had he been trying to rush back. Now he gets the chance to finish with his rehab/recovery completely as recommended
I know a footballers career is relatively short but when will players learn not to rush back for International tournaments?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The pride and temptation to represent the country and potentially win things is too big to resist, call it selfless, or greedy as you will.
It's also the air of invincibility that comes with ignorant youth. We all feel invincible at that age, but hopefully with some of the blowback on how he was handled earlier in the season, United are now more careful and drilling into him that you can't rush back.

PoTMS

Should never have lasted the full 90 considering he's been out for 5 months. Never looked in control of the ball today to be expected. Ole should have taken him off in place of Ighalo and moved Martial out wide.

Paul_Scholes18

Very poor today. Hope he can find form quickly again.
Pogba cameback from even longer spell out and looked much more fresh.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Very poor today. Hope he can find form quickly again.
Pogba cameback from even longer spell out and looked much more fresh.
Probably because he came on when everyone was tired.

Rashford actually had even worse injury and played full 90 minutes, and Pogba wasn't even fit to start the game, what a bad example you used there.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should have been subbed off, was poor all game. Not sure how to rate players when people are half fit, hopefully we see a change in next game.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I like him as a person but I just don't think he's going to be one of the best attackers in the world at any point.

I love what he's done politically in the last few weeks, but he isn't the player to lead the line, there needs to be a world class striker there (even if thats for Rashford to develop along side), the club is now at 7 years without competing in the League

Zlatan was obviously great to have around before his injury, but the club has failed with Falcao and Sanchez, still lacking someone to make the difference at the top.

Eddy_JukeZ

I like him as a person but I just don't think he's going to be one of the best attackers in the world at any point.

I love what he's done politically in the last few weeks, but he isn't the player to lead the line, there needs to be a world class striker there (even if thats for Rashford to develop along side), the club is now at 7 years without competing in the League

Zlatan was obviously great to have around before his injury, but the club has failed with Falcao and Sanchez, still lacking someone to make the difference at the top.
Rashford isn't leading the line though :confused:

-Supreme-

He should have been subbed off, was poor all game. Not sure how to rate players when people are half fit, hopefully we see a change in next game.
The opposition players are also half fit so it's a level playing field when it comes giving ratings to our players

roonster09

Scout

Rashford is not leading the line, he is wing forward.

Ace of Spades

He was poor, and probably was getting tired in the end. I noticed he seemed to be hesitant to shoot, many times he was in a position where he would normally take a shot but he looked to try and pass instead of his usual game.

GenZRed

Didn't play well today. I know he is just coming back but then again so is everyone else.

roonster09

Scout
The opposition players are also half fit so it's a level playing field when it comes giving ratings to our players
Changes nothing, football was sloppy, players were struggling to complete simple passes late in the game, game wasn't played at full intensity.

dal

Rustiness is expected given the time he was out however I thought he was okay.

He received the ball today with his back to goal however when pogba came on this changed and so did his performance.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Tough game for all our attackers. There were elements of rust which is understandable. Hopefully he picks up with more games coming.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Eh?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Too busy fighting the government and ending child hunger.

He needs to decide where his priorities lie. It's all well and good little Timmy is fed but what good does that do me when we've lost ground on Chelsea?

criticalanalysis

He was poor, and probably was getting tired in the end. I noticed he seemed to be hesitant to shoot, many times he was in a position where he would normally take a shot but he looked to try and pass instead of his usual game.

I was 'glad' he decided not to take pot shots really because most of the times, it would have been forced and in a bad position. The problem today apart from being rusty was the lack of centre forward play..

Rashford had no one to play off because Martial wasn't close enough. Ighalo came on, did simple things and laid off easy chances/passes to everyone.

Utdstar01

Thought Martial should've stayed on and Rashford should've come off. Strange decision to start Rashford but not Pogba.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Changes nothing, football was sloppy, players were struggling to complete simple passes late in the game, game wasn't played at full intensity.
This.

I think we should all forgive player's rustiness and lack of sharpness for this game, they aren't 100% up to speed.

Though the only unforgiving thing was Maguire defending for the goal, that was unacceptable. Nothing to do with rust or anything, just made a poor decision to let Spurs player go inside rather than trying to cover it and push him outside.

Shark

@NotShark

He needs to decide where his priorities lie. It's all well and good little Timmy is fed but what good does that do me when we've lost ground on Chelsea?
Was wondering how long this post would take :lol:

Phil

No white text?

Status
Not open for further replies.