5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrinklydong

I don't see Rashford as the weakest link. Rashford is still a good finisher but Martial and Greenwood are a level above right now in their finishing techniques and instincts which makes it feels like they have all the time in the world; perfect against low block teams which we are playing against for the past few games. I feel Rashford will get his chance to shine again when we are playing Chelsea where there will be more counter attacking football.

The United

I am one of the few who thought he didn't have a good game i guess.

Not that I am worried about it. It will come. I like this version of his aa well. Used to frustrated me a bit with his taking shots from everywhere.

Ace of Spades

The cliche is that he doesnt have a good first touch. Thats the cliche. I never said he had a bad first touch. I said, Greenwood, Sancho and Martial have better first touch. I never said Rashford has bad first touch. You can argue his first touch is as good as them, but that doesnt mean my post was a cliche. If i said; Rashford has shite first touch, youd be right. But i didnt, did i?
No, it is a cliche to say he does not have as good a touch as those other players, as that is simply not true. Giving back handed compliments and lazy comparisons is a cliche.

Anyway, his performance was just fine today, no worse than any of the other attackers today. Could have had a goal and couple of assists.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I've been impressed with his decision making, where it wasn't always the best before. Should've scored, it would've done him a world of good (my fantasy team too).

I see improvement in his game with every match, he just needs to take some of the chances falling his way.

jesperjaap

Also they're getting consistent game time. Under Jose it was on and off for both of them, sometimes they'd get a run of games but usually it'd be one or two games starting followed by several from the bench or left out entirely. The consistency and faith shown by the manager has done them both wonders.
Yes I think both were mismanaged by both Van Gaal and Mourinho. Same time they were both very young so experience and progression also benefited them now.

jesperjaap

It's hard to say. Everyone says Mason reminds them of RVP, but I say Rashford now reminds me of young winger Cristiano Ronaldo. Playing in a very similar style and hitting the ball the same way.
His hitting of the ball is very much influenced from Ronaldo, would say even the young Ronaldo here though that is where the comparison ends style wise.
Greenwoods movement and hitting the ball early and body shapes is certainly similar to RVP, he also reminds me a lot if not more than RVP of Rivaldo. If he can go on to be half the player he was, we are very lucky indeed

Fracture90

He's playing well, just gotta continue what he's doing and goals/assists will come.

Has anyone else noticed that now he's actually passing up on the opportunities to chuck a shot the moment he gets the ball? Now he's bringing in more players in the game, actively looking for a better solution. That's down to getting more mature and Ole's instructions i reckon.

NoneBmStore

Im not to worried really. Yes, his goalscoring form is a bit down, but his overall play is getting better and he had quite a few layups to Shaw yesterday, which could have resulted in goals had Shaw been smart enough to look up before crossing the ball

Mr Smith

Yes I think both were mismanaged by both Van Gaal and Mourinho. Same time they were both very young so experience and progression also benefited them now.
To be fair to Van Gaal, don't think he did anything wrong where either of them were concerned; pretty sure both played whenever they were fit. But Mourinho never seemed to fully trust either of them and rotated them in and out way too much.

Giggsyking

Very good game. Some lovely passes and crosses he made. He still lack the finisher instinct he had pre lockdown.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I feel he is still not back to his free flowing self, but getting better. Could have had couple of assists and a goal yesterday.

Nebeolisa Cyril

It's still same Rashford, just that the teams way of play changed.
Rashford was flying then because we were defending and hitting teams on the counter. What he needs to do is adapt to the system

Web of Bissaka

I don't care he's not scoring nor shooting more nowadays, teammates are covering that responsibility.

:devil: His passing, vision and decision makings especially are improving significantly.

My gahd. Rashford is going to be a hell of a player one day - Complete all-around attacker, nothing he can't do. Damn!

Slowly playing back into form. Hes getting a bit more confident and decisive again.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Quite confused regarding people who are calling this performance average. Put on the plate two golden chances for AwB and Martial and linked up ridiculously well with Shaw on the left. I'm not sure what are the expectations regarding the performance here?

AgentP

His link-up play with Shaw has been great to watch the last few games. They seem to have a good understanding between each other. Rashford feeding Shaw when he is making those runs will only encourage Shaw to keep getting behind the opponent's backline. After the break, Rashford is running less at defenders and focusing more on his passing and decision-making skills. Once he rediscovers his scoring touch, he'll be hard to stop.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is playing with his head up. Don't know what you guys are on about.

KennyBurner

The difference in his first half and second half performance was day and night. All ive wanted from him was better all round play and he is so far doing it. After the restart he is actually picking out passes from positions were he would usually just shoot. i honestly prefer this version of Rashford that makes better decisions. His goal scoring form doesn't bother me because like we saw late on he could have also been on the score sheet with better finishing. He will eventually score from open play.

Redfrog

Gutted he didn't score last night. That was so close two times.

Otherwise he had a good game and his allround play has been much better. He is a very good passer.

It's kind of amazing to have him and Greenwood in attack. I love academy players.

rotherham_red

He's been pretty much great in terms of his overall play (with the exceptions of Spurs and Bournemouth) the finishing is still rusty, but you have to remember, he's still feeling his way back after long-term and serious injury. His passing and interplay with Shaw has been absolutely class.

He'll break his open play goalscoring duck at the Chelsea game. He's that sort of player who almost always comes up with the goods on the big occasions and big games.

Lest we forget, he almost literally put the club on his back in that first half of the season, and if it wasn't for him, we'd be languishing somewhere around Spurs and Everton right now, even with Pogba and Bruno coming in.

Some of you have very, very short memories.

Redfrog

He's been pretty much great in terms of his overall play (with the exceptions of Spurs and Bournemouth) the finishing is still rusty, but you have to remember, he's still feeling his way back after long-term and serious injury. His passing and interplay with Shaw has been absolutely class.

He'll break his open play goalscoring duck at the Chelsea game. He's that sort of player who almost always comes up with the goods on the big occasions and big games.

Lest we forget, he almost literally put the club on his back in that first half of the season, and if it wasn't for him, we'd be languishing somewhere around Spurs and Everton right now, even with Pogba and Bruno coming in.

Some of you have very, very short memories.
You are spot on. And even if he has a bad game you feel he is always trying.

To have that kind of players is invaluable for the club. I just feel that the players from the academy will never let us down. And we are lucky a to have two talented ones in Rashford and Greenwood who can be in our front line for the next 10 years at least.

Dante

Average bang
He's low on confidence in the box. Neville called it yesterday when he said that Rashford was playing too wide. I think he's reduced his usual bursts into the box because he doesn't fully believe in himself there.

But on the positive side, he's still contributing more than his fair share.

eire-red

agreed and now we have bags of quality where we can rely on others to get the ball in the net.

He is so unlucky at the moment, my theory is that the tories have put a revenge spell on him for forcing them to feed hungry kids.
Hahah well let's hope the spell doesn't last much longer. Martial and Greenwood will eventually suffer a dip in form, so hopefully Rashford is there to step in.

He's removed the patchiness from his game from the sense of that he doesn't need to play well anymore to influence the game, or be a threat, and doesn't go missing for stretches like he used to. But in terms of goalscoring he's still a streaky player, a bit like Rooney in that regard. As long as he keeps churning out the performances and creating chances then he's still an integral cog in the squad.

If we get Sancho, who gets benched? At the moment its Rashford, which back in January would have been crazy to think. Just shows how far we've come in 5/6 months.

ChaddyP

I am one of the few who thought he didn't have a good game i guess.

Not that I am worried about it. It will come. I like this version of his aa well. Used to frustrated me a bit with his taking shots from everywhere.
I really thought he had a superb game. Just a look at the high lights can show you how good he was. Problem is martial And Greenwood were just even better. Rashfords passing was class and really should have had at least an assist yesterday

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Hahah well let's hope the spell doesn't last much longer. Martial and Greenwood will eventually suffer a dip in form, so hopefully Rashford is there to step in.

He's removed the patchiness from his game from the sense of that he doesn't need to play well anymore to influence the game, or be a threat, and doesn't go missing for stretches like he used to. But in terms of goalscoring he's still a streaky player, a bit like Rooney in that regard. As long as he keeps churning out the performances and creating chances then he's still an integral cog in the squad.

If we get Sancho, who gets benched? At the moment its Rashford, which back in January would have been crazy to think. Just shows how far we've come in 5/6 months.
Great post, agree with all of this.

Handré1990

I really thought he had a superb game. Just a look at the high lights can show you how good he was. Problem is martial And Greenwood were just even better. Rashfords passing was class and really should have had at least an assist yesterday
Exactly, he’s taken on more responsibility to create, and it seems to confuse our opponents. He had several amazing passes for Shaw in tight spaces. One of which I screamed at the TV for Shaw not shooting! The cross for AWB was class too. Martial and Greenwood is just more eye catching at the moment.

ChaddyP

Exactly, he’s taken on more responsibility to create, and it seems to confuse our opponents. He had several amazing passes for Shaw in tight spaces. One of which I screamed at the TV for Shaw not shooting! The cross for AWB was class too. Martial and Greenwood is just more eye catching at the moment.
He also had an amazing throughball to martial to put him clear on goal. Martial had a heavy touch and the defender was able to get in a tackle. Was really pleased with him.

Foxbatt

I didn't think he had a good game. It was a usual Rashford game. What I worry about him now is he doesn't shoot. What he does need to do is not shoot all the time.
Yesterday there was a couple of times he should have taken a shot instead of trying to pass. I still think if Sancho comes he is the one who is under threat the most. You simply cannot drop Greenwood and Martial is a better player than him. He tries hard maybe too hard sometimes.

Handré1990

He also had an amazing throughball to martial to put him clear on goal. Martial had a heavy touch and the defender was able to get in a tackle. Was really pleased with him.
Yeah, I forgot about that! Was sure Martial would chip the keeper there. We really do create massive amounts of chances at the moment.

King Eric 7

There's no way I'd bench Rashford for a shiny new toy just because he isn't having a purple patch right now. The guy is a great talent and an important part of our starting 11. I just don't see the need to "upgrade" him for someone else and he isn't going to want to warm the bench anyway.

Raven

No, it is a cliche to say he does not have as good a touch as those other players, as that is simply not true. Giving back handed compliments and lazy comparisons is a cliche.

Anyway, his performance was just fine today, no worse than any of the other attackers today. Could have had a goal and couple of assists.
None of this is true. His touch is certainly worse than Martial and Greenwood. He was certainly not as good as Martial or Greenwood yesterday either.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I don't think I've ever seen him play like he did last night.

Seemed to be this really mature playmaker role that I didn't think he really had in his locker.

Personally I'm very encouraged by it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
There were occasions where he let Shaw to run past him and passed a through ball to Shaw. Usually, he'd move the ball closer to penalty area and shoot instead. Maybe Ole instructed him to do that. A change in tactic?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His composure is bad now . He just shoots it. Think he will have to go through that learning curve (like Sterling). Huge potential !

Status
Not open for further replies.