5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

He misses Shaw, and it's evident. He was very bad against Chelsea I think also. And Ole should not be afraid to take him off, he should have been replaced much earlier yesterday. He is no Ronaldo, and he will have bad games.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Certainly not on the caf.

One thing we have to consider is that Rashford has been playing in the first team for 5 seasons now, although 22 is definitely still young however attacking players tend to mature at a younger age for those that have had good amount of experience on the pitch, especially for the talent that he had shown since he came through the ranks
Not really, just take Sterling as example, he was brilliant in his debut season then he wasn't same for Liverpool. After his move to City, first 2 seasons he didn't score many goals. It was from his 6th season when he started to score more than 20 goals regularly.

I don't know why ManUtd fans just make up things to have a go at our players. It's just weird.

Griezmann broke though as a 18 year old player, it was from his 5th season he became consistent 20+ goals scorer
RVP was proper talent too, making his debut as 18 year old, he scored 20+ goals in his 8th season.
Mane became consistent 20+ goal scorer when he was 25
Salah became consistent 20+ goal scorer when he was 25
Henry made debut as 17-18 year old, played 5 seasons in French league and never scored 20 goals. It was from his 6th season when he became awesome goal scorer.
Auba made his debut as 18-19 year old, scored 20+ goals in 6th season and only for 8th season he became regular 20+ goal scorer.

This 'by 22 they should be at his peak' is just nonsense. Apart from awesome players like Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Mbappe, almost all players had better goal scoring record after 5-6 years and when they were in mid 20s.

For Martial and Rashford this is the first season where they are trusted to play every game. They both have done very well too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been having it in mind for a few weeks. Have a feeling it is him Sancho will displace. Out of the three forward he is technically the most inconsistent. When he's on his game, he's unplayable but that's not enough.

Stretender

Rashford had a bad game yesterday. That is not his standard
Been having it in mind for a few weeks. Have a feeling it is him Sancho will displace. Out of the three forward he is technically the most inconsistent. When he's on his game, he's unplayable but that's not enough.
I dont see it with Rashford. He is massively overrated by United fans just because he comes from Manchester. If Greenwood continues to play great and Sancho joins, Rashford will struggle. It also seems Greenwood's rise has got to him. All of a sudden he is not the academy success story anymore. Gary Neville, Dwight Yorke, Alan Shearer, Ole himself and so many others have publicly said Greenwood is the better finisher at United and that must have hurt Rashford and Martial's egos. I say thank God for Greenwood because he will ensure Rashford and Martial raise their game.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He was awful last night but no worse than Bruno n Pogba. The players are seriously fatigued now and we need to cut them some slack. It's been a very bizarre season obviously and we just need to get over the line now.

Win and we finish 3rd. Draw and we can't finish lower than 4th. Sunday we just need a result. Don't care how.

Rashford will be back to his best next season. We have overplayed him and many others since lockdown and its showing.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Again with this claim that Rashford is somehow "massively overrated" by fans despite all the evidence to the contrary, and the determination of many on here to discredit his abilities and achievements after every bad game. I would say Martial of the past few years was massively overrated here, but look how he's doing at the moment.

Of the current front three, Rashford has shown the clearest development over the years. Greenwood has barely started playing for the first team, and Martial, who is two years older, stagnated for years before finally finding some consistency this season. Yet many of those who rightfully kept the faith in Martial and constantly clamoured for him to be played through bad games will not give the same patience to Rashford.

If anyone is going to be immediately benched by Sancho, it's likely to be Greenwood on account of his age. After that, it'll depend on how Greenwood develops.

Not really, just take Sterling as example, he was brilliant in his debut season then he wasn't same for Liverpool. After his move to City, first 2 seasons he didn't score many goals. It was from his 6th season when he started to score more than 20 goals regularly.

I don't know why ManUtd fans just make up things to have a go at our players. It's just weird.

Griezmann broke though as a 18 year old player, it was from his 5th season he became consistent 20+ goals scorer
RVP was proper talent too, making his debut as 18 year old, he scored 20+ goals in his 8th season.
Henry made debut as 17-18 year old, played 5 seasons in French league and never scored 20 goals. It was from his 6th season when he became awesome goal scorer.
Auba made his debut as 18-19 year old, scored 20+ goals in 6th season and only for 8th season he became regular 20+ goal scorer.

This 'by 22 they should be at his peak' is just nonsense. Apart from awesome players like Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Mbappe, almost all players had better goal scoring record after 5-6 years and when they were in mid 20s.

For Martial and Rashford this is the first season where they are trusted to play every game. They both have done very well too.
I think you and I have been through this before, it usually takes ~2 years after arriving in a big league/moving to striker to become top goalscorers. When they actually make their debut is not a closely related.

Rashford is on the limit of that but i think we all know by now he will not be a natural goalscorer. His game is in other areas.

roonster09

Scout
I think you and I have been through this before, it usually takes ~2 years after arriving in a big league/moving to striker to become top goalscorers. When they actually make their debut is not a closely related.

Rashford is on the limit of that but i think we all know by now he will not be a natural goalscorer. His game is in other areas.
Can you pass on that rule book where it says "its around 2 years after arriving in big league"? The list I gave all took more than 2 years, and some of them have scored shit loads of goals later in their career.

Auba scored 20 goals in 5th season and yes he played in big league (french league)
Sterling played 5 seasons before scoring 20 goals and yes every game in a big league. It was from his 6th season he started to score 20+ goals.
Henry played 5 seasons in French league
Salah played 4 seasons in PL+Serie A
Mane played 3 seasons in PL before 20 goal season
RVP scored 20 goals in 5th season

No we don't know that and also not sure why moving to striker position is important. Rashford is not playing as a CF, he is playing as wide attacker and that will be his position. There will be many more examples if we do bit of google search.

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Your feeling is wrong. Rashford is phenomenal, and 1st in the pecking order of the 3 forwards.

AneRu

He was awful last night but no worse than Bruno n Pogba. The players are seriously fatigued now and we need to cut them some slack. It's been a very bizarre season obviously and we just need to get over the line now.

Win and we finish 3rd. Draw and we can't finish lower than 4th. Sunday we just need a result. Don't care how.

Rashford will be back to his best next season. We have overplayed him and many others since lockdown and its showing.
Agreed and it's so similar to our troubles towards the end of last season that its infuriating.

RedStarUnited

Is it just me or does he not even trackback anymore?

And I honestly cant believe people saying he misses Shaw.

romufc

Is it just me or does he not even trackback anymore?

And I honestly cant believe people saying he misses Shaw.
He does not press well at all. I don't understand why. When the opponent has the ball, he always looks tired.

dablem_10

my problem with rashford are not goals. He is very very productive from his position when we take into context how we play. My problem with him is his all around game which he should be doing better already in his 5th season. He is not very good dribbler when doesnt have space to run into. I have problem with him with his passing. Take him too long to decide where to move ball and in the end the the pass is on the heels or not right weight. (he has mainly this problem everywhere else then attacking third). I would say fatigue or not, greenwood already showed much more rounded all around game. Dont get me wrong, i think rashy is valuable member of our team and such a weapon to have. My thought is he is still quite raw in all around game and i dont mean just last 2-3 games.

Can you pass on that rule book where it says "its around 2 years after arriving in big league"? The list I gave all took more than 2 years, and some of them have scored shit loads of goals later in their career.

Auba scored 20 goals in 5th season and yes he played in big league (french league)
Sterling played 5 seasons before scoring 20 goals and yes every game in a big league. It was from his 6th season he started to score 20+ goals.
Henry played 5 seasons in French league
Salah played 4 seasons in PL+Serie A
Mane played 3 seasons in PL before 20 goal season
RVP scored 20 goals in 5th season

No we don't know that and also not sure why moving to striker position is important. Rashford is not playing as a CF, he is playing as wide attacker and that will be his position. There will be many more examples if we do bit of google search.
Aubameyang scored 20 in his second season as a settled starter. Before that he was on various loans.
Sterling was a winger and it's only recently Pep played him more direct, and he almost immediately started scoring more.
Henry was also a winger before he moved to Arsenal. Within his first season as a striker he scored 17 and went on from there.
RVP was transitioned to be Arsenal's main striker around 2009-2010. Again, within 2 years he was scoring 20+.

roonster09

Scout
my problem with rashford are not goals. He is very very productive from his position when we take into context how we play. My problem with him is his all around game which he should be doing better already in his 5th season. He is not very good dribbler when doesnt have space to run into. I have problem with him with his passing. Take him too long to decide where to move ball and in the end the the pass is on the heels or not right weight. (he has mainly this problem everywhere else then attacking third). I would say fatigue or not, greenwood already showed much more rounded all around game. Dont get me wrong, i think rashy is valuable member of our team and such a weapon to have. My thought is he is still quite raw in all around game and i dont mean just last 2-3 games.
Greenwood is having very good time now but can you post the passes that Greenwood played like Rashford did since restart? It's easy to get carried away, since the restart, Rashford game has changed. He is not taking on FBs all the time, he has played some awesome passes in almost every game.

He should mix it up though, don't like passive Rashford. He should be taking the defenders on like he used to, he used to win lot of penalties like that.

roonster09

Scout
Aubameyang scored 20 in his second season as a settled starter. Before that he was on various loans.
Sterling was a winger and it's only recently Pep played him more direct, and he almost immediately started scoring more.
Henry was also a winger before he moved to Arsenal. Within his first season as a striker he scored 17 and went on from there.
RVP was transitioned to be Arsenal's main striker around 2009-2010. Again, within 2 years he was scoring 20+.
Rashford scored 20 goals in his first season as a settled starter. Before it was Martial vs Rashford for LW posiiton.

Rashford is also a winger, playing his first season as regular starter. Rashford is transitioned into Manutd's main man (or one of the main man) this season and he has scored more than 20 goals.

To make it even worse, Rashford was a winger under Jose, with lot of defensive duties, so much that even Zabaleta was feeling bad for our wingers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People have short memories on here. Rashford is one of the reasons we still have a chance at top 4. Before Bruno joined he dragged us over the line numerous times.

Our fan base is toxic beyond belief.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Brilliant. So I will find you cutting Pogba some slack in that thread ?

You’re not wrong though, the players look knackered. It’s a real concern but if we can get over the line on Sunday then none of this matters.

dablem_10

Greenwood is having very good time now but can you post the passes that Greenwood played like Rashford did since restart? It's easy to get carried away, since the restart, Rashford game has changed. He is not taking on FBs all the time, he has played some awesome passes in almost every game.

He should mix it up though, don't like passive Rashford. He should be taking the defenders on like he used to, he used to win lot of penalties like that.
I was never questioning his passing in attacking area. I see massive improvement from him to find angles and space and for this he miss a lot luke shaw whom he made great partnership. I was saying about his possesion game around middle of pitch and decision making or by dribling into blind areas instead of 1-2 pass and run. I never saw quality in his "ordinary" passing. He is loosing lot of balls around half pitch each match due to his first tuch, stupid decision or waiting for too long to do not precise pass on 7 meters. I think Greenwood on other hand still didnt show some playmaking defence opening passes like marcus does, but i see him doing pretty good these ordinary passing, to keep possesion. He rarely run into defenders with his dribling. Marcus is amazing player, just in my opinion there are some details which makes him not that great in possesion based team (but nothing he cannot fix in season or two, its just not his natural game)

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I was never questioning his passing in attacking area. I see massive improvement from him to find angles and space and for this he miss a lot luke shaw whom he made great partnership. I was saying about his possesion game around middle of pitch and decision making or by dribling into blind areas instead of 1-2 pass and run. I never saw quality in his "ordinary" passing. He is loosing lot of balls around half pitch each match due to his first tuch, stupid decision or waiting for too long to do not precise pass on 7 meters. I think Greenwood on other hand still didnt show some playmaking defence opening passes like marcus does, but i see him doing pretty good these ordinary passing, to keep possesion. He rarely run into defenders with his dribling. Marcus is amazing player, just in my opinion there are some details which makes him not that great in possesion based team (but nothing he cannot fix in season or two, its just not his natural game)
Greenwood at the moment plays a much safer game, which allows him to retain possession better. But I will say he looks a natural footballer in many ways that neither Rashford not Martial do. He is a phenomenal talent and I fully expect him to surpass his colleagues sooner rather than later if he keeps developing. His maturity at the age of 18 is very pleasing.

Rashford however has shown an encouraging ability to actively develop different aspects of his game, which gives me confidence that his all-round game will continue to improve.

And Rashford isn't a bad dribbler. He isn't as consistent as some others, but criticism of his dribbling ability is quite overblown on here. He's certainly not "laughably bad" or someone who only "pretends to know how to dribble".

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Brilliant. So I will find you cutting Pogba some slack in that thread ?

You’re not wrong though, the players look knackered. It’s a real concern but if we can get over the line on Sunday then none of this matters.
Always been consistent with Pogba my friend. He's a good player nothing more. World class players do it week in week out. He doesn't.

Was furious with him last night for doing that but ultimately in hindsight a 1-0 win last night wouldn't have changed things that much. Leicester would still have only needed to beat us which they do now anyway. That's assuming Chelsea get a result of course.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Always been consistent with Pogba my friend. He's a good player nothing more. World class players do it week in week out. He doesn't.

Was furious with him last night for doing that but ultimately in hindsight a 1-0 win last night wouldn't have changed things that much. Leicester would still have only needed to beat us which they do now anyway. That's assuming Chelsea get a result of course.
I’ve not been in there...but when I go I’ll find you laying off him as you’re suggesting we should ?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I’ve not been in there...but when I go I’ll find you laying off him as you’re suggesting we should ?
Go check all my comments on Pogba if you like. I have got quite a bit stick on here for ages for saying he's not world class. Last night doesn't even come into it. He's one of our better players for sure but he's not a world class player. He's been here 4 years and struggles to have 2 good to very good performances back to back.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Go check all my comments on Pogba if you like. I have got quite a bit stick on here for ages for saying he's not world class. Last night doesn't even come into it. He's one of our better players for sure but he's not a world class player. He's been here 4 years and struggles to have 2 good to very good performances back to back.
No problem with you having an opinion on any player. If you’re cutting slack I just hope that it’s afforded across the board. No point slating individuals when the whole team looks bereft.

cyberman

It reminded me of how we used Marcus under Jose.
As the game went on the risk of conceding and what it changes to scoring far outweighed the minimal difference getting a winner would make.
Marcus kept his position and tracked back. I dont remember seeing him in the box.
That workrate will be needed on Sunday.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No problem with you having an opinion on any player. If you’re cutting slack I just hope that it’s afforded across the board. No point slating individuals when the whole team looks bereft.
I don't blame Pogba for the tumescent performance. You can blame him for the penalty but overall we weren't at the races in most positions. We didn't deserve to win.

joeunited

Engage, Maverick. Engage!. God damn it.

No time to talk to Goose now. This thing could be over in the next 90 mins.

Skeezix

What has happened to him post-lockdown and his back injury??

He seems to have developed his vision and passing but seems to have lost his explosiveness. He hardly takes on players anymore.
Is he tired and fatigued or is it because of the injury? His takeons seems to have failed especially in the last 3 games - against Southampton, Crystal Palace and West Ham. Still very dangerous near the penalty box.

But I'm a bit concerned.

RedCurry

Sancho will not replace anybody. We literally have 3 decent to good to world class forwards who have yet to consistently do it over a season without major injuries. Sancho will get plenty of games and will also sit on the bench for many games.

Rashford scored 20 goals in his first season as a settled starter. Before it was Martial vs Rashford for LW posiiton.

Rashford is also a winger, playing his first season as regular starter. Rashford is transitioned into Manutd's main man (or one of the main man) this season and he has scored more than 20 goals.

To make it even worse, Rashford was a winger under Jose, with lot of defensive duties, so much that even Zabaleta was feeling bad for our wingers.
His scoring rate doesn't differ significantly when hes played on the wing vs. as a striker, but he gets more assists out wide.

Anyway I'm not basing my opinion of him purely on stats, i'm basing it on watching him. He doesn't have that instinct that the very best strikers do, that Greenwood seems to have, to just know where to be and get a shot off in an instant. He prefers to be facing up to defenders and running at space and he's good at that. I very much doubt he will ever move into the middle.

roonster09

Scout
His scoring rate doesn't differ significantly when hes played on the wing vs. as a striker, but he gets more assists out wide.

Anyway I'm not basing my opinion of him purely on stats, i'm basing it on watching him. He doesn't have that instinct that the very best strikers do, that Greenwood seems to have, to just know where to be and get a shot off in an instant. He prefers to be facing up to defenders and running at space and he's good at that. I very much doubt he will ever move into the middle.
I have no idea why you keep repeating moving to middle. Goal scorer doesn't mean playing as striker or CF or playing centrally. He is playing his best football as left wing forward and that's his best position.

He was horrific yesterday but this is some of the most reactionary shite I've ever seen, "terrible since lockdown" for fecks sake did any of you watch the two league games before this??. Why does our fanbase hate our own players so much? The mind boggles.

I have no idea why you keep repeating moving to middle. Goal scorer doesn't mean playing as striker or CF or playing centrally. He is playing his best football as left wing forward and that's his best position.
You're the one saying he was played as a winger so it didnt count... if that makes no difference to you then he's on year 4 as a starting player and only just getting close to double figures. Either way, he's unlikely to become a top goalscorer.

roonster09

Scout
You're the one saying he was played as a winger so it didnt count... if that makes no difference to you then he's on year 4 as a starting player and only just getting close to double figures. Either way, he's unlikely to become a top goalscorer.
:lol:

I just gave you the list of players who started to score shit loads of goals and somehow you are mixing this with old argument where Rashford was compared with CFs.

Ofcourse when he was played as winger he was compared with CF and at that time most thought Rashford will end up as CF, credit to Ole for putting Martial as CF and Rashford as LWF. Now he has scored so many goals as wing forward.

Anyways winger or CF it doesn't matter, there are shit loads of players to prove your theory wrong about some 2 year thing. Players, especially talented ones improve with more game time, responsibilities and when managers trust them to carry the attack. That's what has happened to Martial and Rashford this season .

22 goals shows he is good goalscorer and he missed many games.

Last edited:

KennyBurner

He needed Shaw badly today,that was evident.
He didn’t need anyone. He was just tired. This is like the third comment I’m seeing stating this. Ole is seriously mismanaging him. The guy should have been removed around the 60th minute. Hopefully these guys are able to rest for the next 3 days.

mu4c_20le

He didn’t need anyone. He was just tired. This is like the third comment I’m seeing stating this. Ole is seriously mismanaging him. The guy should have been removed around the 60th minute. Hopefully these guys are able to rest for the next 3 days.
It was either James or Lingard. I think even a half fit Rashford offers more of a threat. He did try a few dribbles but the hammers defended well.

Frank Grimes

Main problem with Rashford is the gap between when he's on his A game or not. When he is bad he is really bad and almost becomes a liability. I've never been so conflicted over how I rate a player than I have been with Rashford in the last 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.