5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

Was knackered. The entire team looked knackered. Ole really should have rotated more, especially in games when we were comfortably ahead already. Subbing on Mata, Ighalo and James may have not us helped us score goals but they would have at least given Bruno, Martial, Pogba, Rashford the rest they needed.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Needs his head checked.

He can't pass nor control a simple ball at the moment. It's incredible how bad it's been for the past 2 weeks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure what the feck that was from him. Love him, but that was probably his worst performance since Mourinho was in charge.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had poor game, had his moments like that pass to Bruno, slipping Greenwood, Martial through but they had poor touches. Overall it was very poor game, when we struggled to retain possession, he went for tricks, completely dreadful decision making.

Hopefully he will back against Leicester.

Bojan11

Can he stop with the Fifa flicks? Every game he tries one and it never works.

Needs his head checked.

He can't pass nor control a simple ball at the moment. It's incredible how bad it's been for the past 2 weeks.
Is that including his match winning performance with a goal and assist against Crystal Palace 6 days ago and his strong performance with a goal against Southampton 10 days ago?

Yes he’s been poor against Chelsea and West Ham but comments like this are factually incorrect. The whole team has been awful the last two games. Everyone looks dead on their feet.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That literally was his base performance. He is not talented with a football at his feet and he has to dribble. He produces a bit of skill 1 in 10 times and has a ridiculous hard shot on him. If he had a first touch like Bruno or Greenwood he would be an above average player.

Idxomer

He always has those games where he checks out and you barely feel his presence.

A better manager would find a way to keep him always on his toes.

Squeaky Bumtime

That literally was his base performance. He is not talented with a football at his feet and he has to dribble. He produces a bit of skill 1 in 10 times and has a ridiculous hard shot on him. If he had a first touch like Bruno or Greenwood he would be an above average player.
So he's an average player?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Is that including his match winning performance with a goal and assist against Crystal Palace 6 days ago and his strong performance with a goal against Southampton 10 days ago?

Yes he’s been poor against Chelsea and West Ham but comments like this are factually incorrect. The whole team has been awful the last two games. Everyone looks dead on their feet.
Yes. Including those.

His form has dropped as much as Sterling's.
He has regressed compared to what he had achieved by the beginning of this year.

Currently playing like a worse version of an 18 year old Ronaldo. He loses balls that lead to direct counter attacks and goal opportunities against us.

Idxomer

I think the team as a whole has to rely too much on improvisation and individual imagination. Poor form can be compensated for more than we see now.
Absolutely and it must be mentally exhausting for the players to have to do that every game.

Only Messi is a able to do that and he's probably the most natural footballer in history.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

He's also adapted his game to stay wider and has become one of our better chance creators. Played lots of lovely stuff up till a game or two ago, coinciding with the whole team playing badly. Unlucky not to have a few more goals and assists too.

threamcloud

He looks beaten. Nope, more like out of breath since the 1st minute. No freaking idea why Ole still used him in the starting line up. Could just give Ighalo a chance, and sub Rash in later.
Horrible management.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
He had poor game, had his moments like that pass to Bruno, slipping Greenwood, Martial through but they had poor touches. Overall it was very poor game, when we struggled to retain possession, he went for tricks, completely dreadful decision making.

Hopefully he will back against Leicester.
Exhaustion causes players to take short cuts, little flicks and tricks that have no chance in hell in working. He needs to find some energy from somewhere and start taking peoole on again. The whole team does.

jesperjaap

Was absolutely abysmal today, nothing went for him, he just looked sloppy and almost fearful today. Not comparing who is the better footballer etc etc, but when I read people saying we shouldnt sign Grealish as he wouldnt get in the side.....wouldnt he?

Games like tonights when the opposition has good shape, keeps tight and gets behind the ball, Rashford can become less effective. Also with the way we are playing now, less counter attack and trying to build and unlock defences as well, he is having to adapt and I disagree with those saying how well he is adapting, he is struggling in certain instances.

I am not slating Rashford by the way though it sounds it. I like him and think he is a talented player, though I do think he is over rated by fans and with what I have mentioned as well as him still being pretty inconsistent, I think competition and cover for his position being upgraded is very much a big thing.

I think our first eleven bar the current keeping calamities and a centre back isnt bad, it is the bench that is pretty poor in terms of top quality.....BUT there are only 4 players I would almost certainly pick week in and week out in our first eleven. So we need signings to increase first eleven competition which in turn adds hugely to squad depth and Rashford for me is actually one of those positions as our only options at the moment really are moving MArtial or Greenwood across, nobody else is good enough

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Exhaustion causes players to take short cuts, little flicks and tricks that have no chance in hell in working. He needs to find some energy from somewhere and start taking peoole on again. The whole team does.
He has stopped taking people on and relied more on making penetrating passes since the restart though. One wonders whether it is his injury, lack of confidence, or tactical. His role has certainly changed from that of an inside forward constantly looking to drive at goal, to one that stays wide and creates instead.

AKDevil

He always has those games where he checks out and you barely feel his presence.

A better manager would find a way to keep him always on his toes.
a new signing in the summer. Of the front three, he’s the vulnerable one. Was too late but loved that he got dragged after those two awful bits of play in quick succession.

jem

Needs his head checked.

He was immense at Crystal Palace and pretty good against Southampton.

Stretender

Rashford is massively overated by United fans. Has a very poor first touch , and runs with his head down. We still need a top class striker better than him. Lets assume he is levels with Sterling, but what do City have in front of Sterling. Sergio Aguero. I would buy Haaland.and I refuse to believe that Rashford is a top class footballer. Good yes, thats all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looks really tired and you can tell me mentally zones out of games.

What is Ole doing though? you've got James and Mata on the bench, change it up! freshen things.

He just doesn't trust our bench at all.

Quinzaine

I love Rashford, and yes he looks tired but he was trying flicks and showboating when it was 1-1 and a loss could really have messed us up?? He's matured so much as a player recently so I found that bizarre.

Idxomer

He looks really tired and you can tell me mentally zones out of games.

What is Ole doing though? you've got James and Mata on the bench, change it up! freshen things.

He just doesn't trust our bench at all.
Where's Mata anyway?

Before the break, he seemed to form up a good understanding with Bruno. I know his legs are gone but compared to what we've seen today, he couldn't have been any worse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Where's Mata anyway?

Before the break, he seemed to form up a good understanding with Bruno. I know his legs are gone but compared to what we've seen today, he couldn't have been any worse.
This is what I don't get. It's like Ole's said this is my team and the rest can get lost. Mata would have been a great sub today to pick up the pace with Fernandes looking out on his feet, but nope nothing? James should have come on for Rashford and Mata for Fernandes, and Fred for either Pogba or Matic.

We could have won that with a few subs.

Stretender

Screen cap this: Premier League 21/22 front 3

Sancho Haaland Greenwood
The dream. If at all United needed to spend 100 million on a player , it has to be Haaland. Very special, one of a kind talented kid. He is the Greenwood of Norway. Everyone is natural, he doesn't force the issue.

GorgeousGeorge

The dream. If at all United needed to spend 100 million on a player , it has to be Haaland. Very special, one of a kind talented kid. He is the Greenwood of Norway. Everyone is natural, he doesn't force the issue.
I believe Haaland has a low releases clause in his contract at Dortmund that kicks in at the end of next season.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Rashford is massively overated by United fans. Has a very poor first touch , and runs with his head down. We still need a top class striker better than him. Lets assume he is levels with Sterling, but what do City have in front of Sterling. Sergio Aguero. I would buy Haaland.and I refuse to believe that Rashford is a top class footballer. Good yes, thats all.
Our future striker will be Greenwood. Not Rashford. He's a LW.

el3mel

He's not overrated at all. Great player that had a great season. He has been poor since the restart but before that he was nailed on to win our POTY this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I dont know how anyone can watch Manutd games and still come up with 'Rashford is a striker' posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.