5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Shocking performance. Seemed to have no confidence. What was he doing when through on goal at an angle ?

K13

Form is temporary class is permanent. He will be back.

Zoo

Fully fit or not there is no excuse for him allowing Diop to head the ball away unchallenged. He simply doesn’t think like a striker and should not be playing there.

manunited1919

The sooner the media stop pushing this deluded idea that Rashford is a striker, the better. Same with Ole. At least Southgate has already realised that you can't have Rashford as your striker if you want goals.

This persistent idea perpetrated by all of the media, Ole and a bunch of delusional fanatics that Rashford can lead the line has to be buried. Never in my life have I seen a player display such poor finishing like Rashford yet the media and everyone else keep claiming he's a striker.

If Ole persist with Rashford as his striker injuries or not, it'll be bordeline self sabotage. The lad simply cannot finish, let just let go of that idea of him being some prolific striker. He isn't. Time to try something else.

I don't want to see a striker playing for us when he gets 1 on 1 and clear cut chances, I'm expecting him to miss.
This.
I just don’t know what Rashford should be right now, but definitely not the striker. He doesn’t have the brain for it, and can’t head tge ball either.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This.
I just don’t know what Rashford should be right now, but definitely not the striker. He doesn’t have the brain for it, and can’t head tge ball either.
He is also not very good winger...

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He was clearly slightly injured or unwell today. Didn't make much difference to his performance though as he's mostly that ineffectual, especially as a #9. Absolutely overhyped, overpaid player. Decision not to replace Lukaku and give Rashford talismanic status with a superstar contract is looking increasingly bizarre.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's nowhere near good enough as a striker but it was ridiculous to play him 90 minutes on Thursday with Martial injured.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Has he ever been 100% fit? Even when he's seemingly fit you always here "he's playing with a little knock; he's playing, but he's not quite right" etc.

tomaldinho1

A lot of pundits talk about players needing game time but what he needs is coaching. He's the same player he was when he arrived on the scene, he's got no senior striker to learn from and is just plateuing.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Just don’t see it. I said it in the thread VS Abraham and I’ll say it again. In a title competing side Rashford would at best be a bench option. His level in the EPL is probably an Everton which is respectable but never Manchester United quality. I just don’t see it. No outstanding qualities as a striker or a winger besides his pace and an ok shot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Something seemed seriously off with him today, I don't think he'll make it here as a striker though. When Martial gets back where do we play him? We can't move James from LW, will we stick him on the right?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Rashford is definitely a problem. Feels to me like Ole's biggest mistake was promoting him to a position of seniority among the squad because the guy has some serious drawbacks and hasn't developed his game much over the past two years. Reckon he himself is feeling the pressure of having to lead the line now as something seems well and truly off.

Oh well.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
A slower Agbonlahor, Ole saying he won't be at his peak until he's 27 is worrying, meaning we're going to have to endure 6 years of this shit? Buy a striker!

Marcelinho87

Has he ever been 100% fit? Even when he's seemingly fit you always here "he's playing with a little knock; he's playing, but he's not quite right" etc.
It's a convenient excuse for his poor form.

I won't write him off completely though as he is still so young.

HowieC

Form is temporary class is permanent. He will be back.
He lacks quality and class. Couldn't shoot on his left, no ball skills to quickly shift to his right , got tackled.

Never seems to have the ball fully under control. Lower premiership level or upper championship.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Imo, he has not improved at all the last 3-4 years, and that is extremely worrisome. You can forgive 18 year junior players for making these kind of daft decisions on the pitch, but hes been a first team regular for 3 seasons now and should do a lot better

flappyjay

The sooner the media stop pushing this deluded idea that Rashford is a striker, the better. Same with Ole. At least Southgate has already realised that you can't have Rashford as your striker if you want goals.

This persistent idea perpetrated by all of the media, Ole and a bunch of delusional fanatics that Rashford can lead the line has to be buried. Never in my life have I seen a player display such poor finishing like Rashford yet the media and everyone else keep claiming he's a striker.

If Ole persist with Rashford as his striker injuries or not, it'll be bordeline self sabotage. The lad simply cannot finish, let just let go of that idea of him being some prolific striker. He isn't. Time to try something else.

I don't want to see a striker playing for us when he gets 1 on 1 and clear cut chances, I'm expecting him to miss.
To be fair to Ole as deluded as he is, he was quicker to realise it than even Jose as he has since made Martial his first choice striker. Problem was not getting another striker or goal scoring winger or no 10

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He'd be a squad player for a genuinely top side. There's no way he should be an automatic first choice.

KennyBurner

It’s common sense really. Rashford has 3 in 24 goals from open play and you have fans trying to argue he is a striker? That stat shows you how incredibly average he is as a player. He has survived this long off bad transfer planning and incredible physique. He has the potential to be a good player who we utilize as a super sub in the future but relying on him to produce consistently will never happen.

Pyro19

Squad player at best. Genuine lack of a footballing brain with terrible technique.

He's a slower Agbonlahor as someone pointed out with none of the fight.

K13

He lacks quality and class. Couldn't shoot on his left, no ball skills to quickly shift to his right , got tackled.

Never seems to have the ball fully under control. Lower premiership level or upper championship.
So using the word 'couldn't' I assume you are talking about today's game.

I think we all know he is woefully out of form but to suggest that when he is on his game he lacks quality and class just comes across as slightly churlish.

He is 21 and already has 34 senior England caps and 30 goals in 117 PL games .. pretty impressive I would say.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I get the feeling he still thinks United is lucky to have a player of the same caliber as Mbappe around. A lot of players currently proving they aren't good enough for the club. This time there is nobody else to blame, so they have to face it themselves. Reality can be harsh.

cyberman

He lost me when he was clear of the defender and tried to cut in v nobody. Hoe you can turn back into a defender when bearing fone on goal is beyond me

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's low on confidence, clearly had a knock and then came off injured. Let's all overreact though. He's 21, people shouldn't expect the finished product though unfortunately for him its what's expected from him now to have anything going for us this season. He'll be fine long term, though unfortunately for us now he'll be out for a bit.

manunited1919

This

Devil may care

Hopefully the injury isn't too bad, possibly a fatigue injury since he is never rested, that aside it was another headless chicken performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.