g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang

This run summed up Rashford, all pace and no brain. Not sure how he left the ball behind.
He was being unselfish and cutting back to wait for his teammates.

The 'no brain' criticism is nonsense. You can question his technique, but his football intelligence is very good.

It was his touch that let him down here.

Posh Red

The 'no brain' criticism is nonsense. You can question his technique, but his football intelligence is very good.

Looked to me that he was bricking it at the thought of having to shoot on his left. Not sure how anyone can say he didn’t make the wrong decision there

RedDevilzFox

Rashford is relatively poor at running with the ball with his head up. Always fumbles it or manages to leave the ball behind as if his feet are faster than the ball. He needs to keep his eye on the ball to run with it, when defenders get close and he looks up the ball gets fumbled. Seen it happen time and again.

Adcuth

Hes not a striker, has zero striker insticts. Hes a forward but not a line leader. Wide left he can play ok but he needs the tactics to allow him to do so. Otherwise he's playing as a winger and he can't do that either. One thing is true, he's not Manchester Utd quality. Hes just what we have currently. Seen him moaning today, rather than working harder to change the situation he started walking and moaning. For 150k a week, move your fecking arse boy and make the end result what you want it to be. Too many fannies in our team. Need passion and work ethic mixed with skill and tactical knowledge, we've got a load of shit mixed with farts

JK-27

Rashford's shot accuracy currently stands at 42%, so he misses the goal the majority of the time he shoots at it :houllier:

klayton88

Try and pull a stat out of your arse that shows how many times he has the chance of a shot (either foot) and no shot comes. He either tries taking an extra touch or just doesn't have that striker instinct. He's Wellbeck Mk2.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

This run summed up Rashford, all pace and no brain. Not sure how he left the ball behind.
Usually after Rashford has displayed bad form for a while he goes ahead and score a goal like this out of nothing. It would be a brilliant goal but the boy had no confidence or will to get in there and take a shot. Normally he would be very assured when awarded the opportunity to run straight forward and set himself up for a goal but he hesitates and instead of running he actually slows down way before he lose the ball. His pace is wild he should be through there, I don't know what is stopping him.

HowieC

Martial should be the main striker, with Greenwood as his backup. James on the left.

Due to the fact that we have 0, literally 0 other options, Rashford should play on the right.

It is an absolute travesty that a player of his ability is playing in our first team, but it will have to do till the next window where we hopefully get a decent replacement.

I have no idea how we are gonna offload this guy. No-one is gonna take him at 200k/week even on a free.

If Southgate has any brains, Rashy would never play another game over Sancho ever again.

-Supreme-

I hope you weren't serious here...especially the first point :lol:

Kostov

He was absolutely horrendous once again. But then again with the "creativity" we offer behind him how much of the blame is on him?

Fer

I hope we play with a 433 formation. Rashford could be better as a wide striker... I can't see him scoring 20+ goals as the main striker because he is not a good finisher.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Rashford will never score 20+ goals.

He is at best 15 goals a season.

Stop defining him as a superstar or a definite potential.

He plays here and there since 4 years now and was most of the time average.

And don't talk about age, Rooney, who was called a special talent (same as you guys talk about RASHYYYY), was miles more effective at 21/22 .

He should share the left wing spot with Martial and we should have bought a real number 9.

Poor us.

Ole is letting us down with his Brexit United and his academy lads United

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.

That I'd love to see some time. From what I've seen, he's usually very selfish. And he has a tendency to shoot from narrow and impossible angles; which was exactly what Januzaj started doing as well, once everyone hyped him up to be world class.

The only thing I can see from that clip is him trying to shift the ball to the right and completely failing.

He used to have some technique. Remember the goal he scored against city, while literally flooring Otamendi? He hasn't been that player in a long time. It's as if he's believed his hype and stopped trying.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Gross misnanagement. How can he play 90 minutes three times a week?

ottosec

We gambled with him and we lost.

When Martial comes back he should be benched.

romufc

This happened end of last season when he was played in every game, even when he had a slight injury.

There was no need for Rashford to play 90 mins in midweek.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
That I'd love to see some time. From what I've seen, he's usually very selfish. And he has a tendency to shoot from narrow and impossible angles; which was exactly what Januzaj started doing as well, once everyone hyped him up to be world class.

The only thing I can see from that clip is him trying to shift the ball to the right and completely failing.

He used to have some technique. Remember the goal he scored against city, while literally flooring Otamendi? He hasn't been that player in a long time. It's as if he's believed his hype and stopped trying.
38 year old Martin Demichelis.

I said this during the match day thread, Ole saw he was struggling physically in the first half and still kept him on after half time. Poor management.

Rajma

I like Rashford as he gives his best majority of time. However, I kept repeating throughout the summer that we shouldn't be held ransom by him during contract negotiations, instead what do we do? Further distort our wage structure and make a mess out of the whole situation where yet to be proven striker is on ridiculous wages already. Ole and Woodward are to blame for his specific case, gross mismanagement.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's having a wretched run of form and you can see him doubting everything. He'll come out of this but it sucks that he is the only option right now. This is why Fergie used to obsessively collect 4 good strikers every season. Its one position where you need depth and a bad run of form can doom your entire season.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Rashford's football intelligence is very good? His decision making is the worst part of his game.

Last edited:

That moment was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. How he went from a clear one v one to leaving the ball behind him is beyond me. He wont make it here.

mancan92

How can you watch Rashford on a match to match basis and believe he has good football intelligence?

He makes the wrong decision 8/10 of the time.

UncleBob

The only thing you're right about is that it was his touch that let him down, because he was clearly looking to shoot.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

No he wasn't

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He saw it early, you don't have to be a target man though, but I agree he is not a striker. The only issue is though, from the sides we need more than 10 goals...

King_Cantona07

Looked to me that he was bricking it at the thought of having to shoot on his left. Not sure how anyone can say he didn’t make the wrong decision there
He didnt want to shoot with left and body was positioned in bad posture to take a side footed finish using right. Look up Ruud run and finish (versus Fulham) to see how body should be opened for taking a side-footed finish with right while being on the left edge of the box. Or should have toe-poked it like what Ronaldo 9 (against Turkey) or Owen did (against city). All points to the fact that when presented with time to think, he always picks the wrong option. Not a striker and best when played at left wing, for now. Soon expecting Dan James to kill that option too just for running ability with the ball being better when it comes to Dan James.

Don't they see old videos of strikers to learn how to approach each situation? these are easy things to see and get ideas.

meamth

He looked knackered yesterday. There were many shots of him bending over for breath.

On top of that tiring display, he went on to press the GK like a headless chicken and turned out injured. Stupid pashun.

About time he needs to get off and restart his form from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.