5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Posh Red

He didnt want to shoot with left and body was positioned in bad posture to take a side footed finish using right. Look up Ruud run and finish (versus Fulham) to see how body should be opened for taking a side-footed finish with right while being on the left edge of the box. Or should have toe-poked it like what Ronaldo 9 (against Turkey) or Owen did (against city). All points to the fact that when presented with time to think, he always picks the wrong option. Not a striker and best when played at left wing, for now. Soon expecting Dan James to kill that option too just for running ability with the ball being better when it comes to Dan James.

Don't they see old videos of strikers to learn how to approach each situation? these are easy things to see and get ideas.
It’s funny you say that as I had a flashback of the RVN goal at the time. I don’t claim to be a footballer expert but you could see a mile off he wasn’t comfortable in that situation

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was rubbish. Still don’t understand how he failed to get a shot away in the first half when he was through on goal with 10 yards on the nearest defender.

haram

No one blaming the manager for individual player progression then? Interesting.

I forgot it was probably the same people that wanted Rashford up front 2 years ago.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will never be a world class player...never. I'd be chuffed to bits if he ever reached the level of someone like Willian at his peak or at a stretch Mane.
He lacks technically and his game intelligence is feckin poor.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Still not seeing how he’s going to be better than Harry Kane but maybe it’s just me.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I’ve said it many times, we should just play him on the right, and his contribution would be similar as being a CF or LWF. He is a kick and run merchant, doesn’t have a football brain, with poor finishing and very very poor decision making. But he likes to run with his head down, and sometimes he does manage to pull out some good unexpected stuffs, but he will only score around 15 goals a season, that’s his limitation.

red4ever 79

I’ve said it many times, we should just play him on the right, and his contribution would be similar as being a CF or LWF. He is a kick and run merchant, doesn’t have a football brain, with poor finishing and very very poor decision making. But he likes to run with his head down, and sometimes he does manage to pull out some good unexpected stuffs, but he will only score around 15 goals a season, that’s his limitation.
he should be on the bench as a back up to our main striker. He should be performing the role that is expected of Greenwood right now

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
he should be on the bench as a back up to our main striker. He should be performing the role that is expected of Greenwood right now
With our very thin attack line, and with 200k+ weekly salary, we can’t afford to put him on bench every week.

jackal&hyde

Don't want to see him as a CF anymore. Don't know if it's his limitation or bad form but he has been terrible in front of goal. If Martial is not available then play Greenwood in CF and Rashford RW.

Red Rash

I think the problem with Rashford are that the expectations are way too high for a 21 year old striker

Except for a few freak exceptions most players are finding their way in the game. The main things counting against him are

1. His explosive start to his career
2. The huge salary
3. The fact we have such limited striking options

I feel he can be a very good player but the decision to not replace Lukaku and Sanchez with as least one more striker is proving to be insanity

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think the injury break will do him well to refresh his brain. He definitely should realize he isn't really cut out to be the main striker, but as Mourinho said I think he can be a quality player as a left wide forward. Martial or Greenwood can play central when all are fit. He's one of those players that just look plain bad when things arent going well and he's lacking confidence, but then can look quality when things are. It happens. And hes only 21. Tbf I think this was Ole's intention anyway, but Martial got injured right away so Rashford had to play up top.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ever since LVG he has regressed. Mourinho doesn't do coaching, especially youth players, and now Ole and his team don't seem to know how to get the best out of him either.

Yes he has limitations, but I swear a better technical coach who doesn't blow smoke up his arse, would see a vast improvement from him imho.

Dante

Average bang
Its not a meme it's from watching him the last 5 years. The boy gets the ball in attacking positions and you just know that he's going to mess it up.
He messes up technically. Getting into good positions is a sign of his intelligence.

Stacks

I think the problem with Rashford are that the expectations are way too high for a 21 year old striker

Except for a few freak exceptions most players are finding their way in the game. The main things counting against him are

2. The huge salary

I feel he can be a very good player but the decision to not replace Lukaku and Sanchez with as least one more striker is proving to be insanity

2. The huge salary

4. Expectations are too high for someone of his ability. I always maintained Rashford is more Pedro than an Owen/Torres/Eto'o and neither Barcelona nor Spain starting Pedro up top as their main goal threat. Pedro was still a cracking player to have and bagged 30 plus goals and assists every season. Never forget. If Rashford can be our Pedro I would be more than happy but it seems we are trying to make him into something else.

Walters_19_MuFc

Runs himself into the ground and for nothing. Great that he presses and makes runs, but he, like our other strikers over the last few years, live off scraps. Hope he's not out for too long.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
4. Expectations are too high for someone of his ability. I always maintained Rashford is more Pedro than an Owen/Torres/Eto'o and neither Barcelona nor Spain starting Pedro up top as their main goal threat. Pedro was still a cracking player to have and bagged 30 plus goals and assists every season. Never forget. If Rashford can be our Pedro I would be more than happy but it seems we are trying to make him into something else.
Agree. It's not fair to write him off completely, I've always thought there is a player in there. Making him believe he's second coming of Ronaldo and future ballon d'or winner with a superstar contract has done him no favours at all. He's never a #9 and should concentrate on being more of a creator and play the percentages. He is actually a very good crosser of the ball, he can also pick a decent pass when he has time. He should model his game on someone like Valencia when he was our RW. He even takes good free kicks when he stops trying to knuckle ball it a la Ronaldo.

If he was managed by Klopp or Guardiola would be interesting. Klopp would go plain ballistic at him right the way through a match. Guardiola would simply drop him until he got him playing high percentage stuff and if he didn't conform he'd be sold. Seems like we've told him to just go out there and express himself and he feels under pressure to single handedly win us games with his 'genius'. Not working out though is it. I don't get the feeling he's playing for the team when he plays now and his silly strops when he doesn't get the exact ball he wants are irritating. This is especially considering how 8 times out of 10 he never releases the correct ball to a teammate himself. He is a player who would really benefit from some strict instructions.

Really poor, poor management of the player. Pointing it out generates hysteria among the fanboys who are desperate for him to be an academy grown superstar. But it's becoming increasingly obvious to everyone what the situation is.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I reckon he's developed a bit of an ego, whether he admits it or not.

Couple times now I've seen him throw a bit of a strop on the pitch when a pass doesn't reach him. Needs to sort out the way he's playing before he moans at anyone else.

Conor

More often than not when he's through on goal, he looks like a defender that has found himself in that position by chance. He should be licking his lips in those moments, but instead looks devoid of any knowledge of what to do next.

Velvet Revolver

I reckon he's developed a bit of an ego, whether he admits it or not.

Couple times now I've seen him throw a bit of a strop on the pitch when a pass doesn't reach him. Needs to sort out the way he's playing before he moans at anyone else.
Yeah. His body language when he messes up is so weird. A bad pass from him and he immediately shuts all communication to the person he misplaced to, No admit of mistake. But moans and gets frustrated when the ball is not played to his feet. This is not a sign of a team player !

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I wont put all the blame on Rashford's shoulders as carrying this clubs forward line at the tender age of 21 is hard enough as it is
Instead I put the majority of blame purely at the feet of the clubs lack of intelligence in developing him and we'll see this once again with a fair few young players in the not to distant future.

In a ideal world Rashford would've been sent out of loan in Jose's first season.
Sent out on loan to a competitive team,league and developed slowly into a consistent role without the whole world watching and judging him.
He should've been left to train and develop outside of the Manchester United bubble. Let him earn his stripes,as one particular saying goes.
And he would've been all the better for it.
But what to Manchester United do ? they throw him out there. They market him as United's big,bright new star and they're fecking idiots for it.

People with any sense cannot put the sole blame on Rashford supposedly gaining an ego when United have literally thrown every marketing gimmick,a contract with a substantial financial upgrades and bonuses (with first team footballing incentives) and telling him,more or less when fit,that he will be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
He's 21 years old and he has to deal with all this ,frankly,unnecessary baggage. His agent needs to take a part of the blame too for it to reach that stage.

To make matters worse for Rashord,in the context of development, the club haven't even found a consistent role for him.
He's being told to play as a forward one week and a left winger or second forward the next. Its absolutely laughable and its the ultimate sign of negligence United have shown in developing him.

To be blunt ,United are well on course of ruining Marcus Rashford and the scary thing is he wont be the last.

The moment SAF left was the moment alot of sense left the club and I dont see,especially the aspect of youth development, changing anytime soon.
United are a mess.

HowieC

He messes up technically. Getting into good positions is a sign of his intelligence.
Agreed. People clamouring for him to play LWF should recall that he was played there for a significant period of time and was bang average as usual, and then people hollered
for him to be started up front as he was "a natural striker".

I've been saying since the end of his second season that he is very poor technically. Unless he has absolute acres of space in front of him (and sometimes even with acres of space as seen last match) he will not be able to control the ball and run effectively with it against defenders.

Due to lack of tight control, he has to constantly look down at the ball, once he looks up he gets the ball jumbled in his feet. Without close control how is he going to play a tight 1-2
passing and dribbling game expected of wing forwards, especially against teams that sit back? A wing forward is supposed to create as well as score and we've already seen that he can't score.

Was absolutely amazed when a player with such donkey-like technical ability got the number 10, a number traditionally reserved for the most silky technical players.

And now he is on 200k, we can't even give him away to the likes of Watford for Christmas.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I wont put all the blame on Rashford's shoulders as carrying this clubs forward line at the tender age of 21 is hard enough as it is
Instead I put the majority of blame purely at the feet of the clubs lack of intelligence in developing him and we'll see this once again with a fair few young players in the not to distant future.

In a ideal world Rashford would've been sent out of loan in Jose's first season.
Sent out on loan to a competitive team,league and developed slowly into a consistent role without the whole world watching and judging him.
He should've been left to train and develop outside of the Manchester United bubble. Let him earn his stripes,as one particular saying goes.
And he would've been all the better for it.
But what to Manchester United do ? they throw him out there. They market him as United's big,bright new star and they're fecking idiots for it.

People with any sense cannot put the sole blame on Rashford supposedly gaining an ego when United have literally thrown every marketing gimmick,a contract with a substantial financial upgrades and bonuses (with first team footballing incentives) and telling him,more or less when fit,that he will be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
He's 21 years old and he has to deal with all this ,frankly,unnecessary baggage. His agent needs to take a part of the blame too for it to reach that stage.

To make matters worse for Rashord,in the context of development, the club haven't even found a consistent role for him.
He's being told to play as a forward one week and a left winger or second forward the next. Its absolutely laughable and its the ultimate sign of negligence United have shown in developing him.

To be blunt ,United are well on course of ruining Marcus Rashford and the scary thing is he wont be the last.

The moment SAF left was the moment alot of sense left the club and I dont see,especially the aspect of youth development, changing anytime soon.
United are a mess.
Shirley, you can't be serious?

Not really. Agree almost 100%, except I really don't think he is a CF. Great post.

Care_de_Bobo

I feel he should be played on the right, this way he'll be able to hit balls first time and not have as much time to think. He's scuffed a few shots in his left foot over the past few weeks which probably led to him trying to cut into his right at the weekend. People need to understand that he's still young and all of these situations in which he has been unsuccessful can be rectified with practice and experience.

It's not his fault the club are paying him more than his current level deserves nor is he to blame for the other deficiencies in our team. He may come good, he may not but it would be foolish to right him off just yet in terms of any position across the front line.

Stacks

Agree. It's not fair to write him off completely, I've always thought there is a player in there. Making him believe he's second coming of Ronaldo and future ballon d'or winner with a superstar contract has done him no favours at all. He's never a #9 and should concentrate on being more of a creator and play the percentages. He is actually a very good crosser of the ball, he can also pick a decent pass when he has time. He should model his game on someone like Valencia when he was our RW. He even takes good free kicks when he stops trying to knuckle ball it a la Ronaldo.

If he was managed by Klopp or Guardiola would be interesting. Klopp would go plain ballistic at him right the way through a match. Guardiola would simply drop him until he got him playing high percentage stuff and if he didn't conform he'd be sold. Seems like we've told him to just go out there and express himself and he feels under pressure to single handedly win us games with his 'genius'. Not working out though is it. I don't get the feeling he's playing for the team when he plays now and his silly strops when he doesn't get the exact ball he wants are irritating. This is especially considering how 8 times out of 10 he never releases the correct ball to a teammate himself. He is a player who would really benefit from some strict instructions.

Really poor, poor management of the player. Pointing it out generates hysteria among the fanboys who are desperate for him to be an academy grown superstar. But it's becoming increasingly obvious to everyone what the situation is.
I feel he should also model his game on Ljungberg or Pedro with their breaking into the box from the RW. I think he finishes quite well across the goalkeeper. It may make us a bit narrow but we don't really have any aerial threats anyways. would love to see his movement adapt so he can dart in from RW positions. Its all possible with all the resources, tapes and instruction out there. Martial CF, Rashford RWF and James LW for now could be worth a try.

littleman

If Rashford weren't offered 200k, he wouldn't be here. He'd be off.

I don't know why you pansies keep repeating and insisting that he had nothing to do with the 200k.

The club is not a charity. It didn't offer Rashford 200k out of the goodness of their hearts.

Deep down all of you lackeys and pansies know this as well. If you don't, what Rash has as football IQ, you have as general.

superdry

touched by a genius
He's not got a strikers instinct. Looks absolutely clueless at times.

clarkydaz

Don't blame a 21 yr old kid and his agent for being paid 200k a week. Another howler of stupidity from the club, wouldn't happen anywhere else but here

King_Cantona07

It’s funny you say that as I had a flashback of the RVN goal at the time. I don’t claim to be a footballer expert but you could see a mile off he wasn’t comfortable in that situation
I’m not a talented footballer either but I will open my body in time if I have plan to take right foot shot. Funny a talented player like him ran straight chested into opponent in such a situation. Martial would have done a side footed finish there. Left foot smash like giggsy fa cup or side footed finish is standard there. What is ole coaching Rashford since ole himself was a good striker. Is it a case of Rashford being over coached on finishing that he fails to select required one in split seconds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.