5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

ok fair enough but we have plenty of "athletes" here in England and over in France. In fact its a running joke between me and my former house mate that anytime commentators describe black footballers they always say "he's an athlete isn't he?" like that's all there is to them or its surprising a professional sportsman is an athlete. Obviously I know that's not what you meant I am just stating that the modern day footballer has many of those attributes depending on position.
That's why I put an emphasis on his lack of football IQ mate, without it, he's just another physically gifted athlete, just like those you've mentioned.

Alabaster Codify7

Oh that chain !!!! It's like how dogs chains used to be.

It's a sign of how quickly he's obtained an ego. A year or so ago, he wasn't like that or if he was, it was well hidden. It seemed to happen almost overnight which to me, smacks of a couple of possibilities:

1) He actually does have a big ego, however quickly it's been inflated.
2) He doesn't have a huge ego, but as a 200k a week player, feels like that's how he SHOULD be portraying himself off the field (eg - hanging around with Lingard might have rubbed off on him). So he's putting on that kind of 'playa' act because he thinks that's how a big-earner should behave.

Neither are positive considering he's not proving himself worthy of such an ego on the pitch.

Based Adnan

He got given too much too quickly. Mega contract and is the main man in the squad despite showing nothing to warrant it. The hype machine has been in full flow ever since the Midgetland game and it's gone to his head.

TheLittleOne

Don't see how he wants to be gangsta. He probably just likes how it looks
It's something supposed gangsta rappers do all the time. Others have worded it better I agree. Call it as you want. Honestly even if he likes the look things like this say a lot about your attitude and image you have of yourself.

Stacks

It's something supposed gangsta rappers do all the time. Others have worded it better I agree. Call it as you want. Honestly even if he likes the look things like this say a lot about your attitude and image you have of yourself.
So if you like shiny things you are a bad person? He could just be a big kid. Kids like dazzling things.
A lot of girls wear neck lasses with their names on. He could just be really feminine......

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll settle as a wide forward drifting in to support Martial who will settle as our striker. Agree with Mourinho with some parts but think he can score 15-20 a season in all comps in the right system with that position. He's not good at being the absolute main player in attack if we aren't counter attacking, but can still play a very good complimentary role. When he's the focal point in games where the opposition sit deep and we don't have martial/pogba there through the middle, he ends up just looking frustrated because he's not very good at that. He can be a terrific player though and I think he will be for United. Just for now we have to deal with inconsistencies especially when we get injuries and his role changes.

Anyway, hope he isnt out for long. Need to get him, Martial and Pogba fit and staying fit til the January window so we can buy some support for them, as Rashford should get moved right when Martial gets an injury. Need that depth.

TheLittleOne

So if you like shiny things you are a bad person? He could just be a big kid. Kids like dazzling things.
A lot of girls wear neck lasses with their names on. He could just be really feminine......
Yeah, could be but it's unlikely. His selfishness on the pitch reached a ridiculous level in recent times. No, I'm not saying he's a bad person at all but I believe he thinks he's way better and bigger than he actually is (his wage demands says the same). I can totally understand why that happend(if it happened). Being so young labelled as the next big thing, big hope of your club and country, earning probably more than all of your friends and family combined and more reasons... Yeah, I can see why. I think he has to go back to what made him becoming that hot prospect in the first place. If he continues to go the path he's on then he's unlikely to get all out of his talent. He will have a good career but not the superstar we all hoped.

KennyBurner

Interesting that our main striker on 250k isn't prolific enough if penalties aren't included.

edcunited1878

Interesting that our main striker on 250k isn't prolific enough if penalties aren't included.
Marcus isn't the main striker anymore, which could be more semantics than anything else (i.e. forwards). Martial is clearly the first choice center forward. James has earned his left forward place over Rashford. I think Greenwood and Pereria should start at the right forward position with Rashford the #1 attacker coming off the bench. United need a match winner or at least a match difference maker and Rashford can do that with his pace, directness and urgency. He goes braindead too many times throughout a full match and it costs the team.

HowieC

Rashford does not belong at the higher end of premier league football. Doesn't have the quality.

If he can develop some degree of game IQ and somehow improve his touch he may have potential as a squad level player to hit tired opponents on the break.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacks

Marcus isn't the main striker anymore, which could be more semantics than anything else (i.e. forwards). Martial is clearly the first choice center forward. James has earned his left forward place over Rashford. I think Greenwood and Pereria should start at the right forward position with Rashford the #1 attacker coming off the bench. United need a match winner or at least a match difference maker and Rashford can do that with his pace, directness and urgency. He goes braindead too many times throughout a full match and it costs the team.
You lost me when you mentioned Pereira

edcunited1878

You lost me when you mentioned Pereira
He's all United have at that position and Greenwood can't play every match, neither can Pereira or James out wide. Realistically, Chong isn't a viable option of the bench in league matches.

So while I lost you, you're lost on the fact United don't have a lot of options.

If James-Martial-Pereria start, then the forward options begin with Rashford and Greenwood

If James-Martial-Greenwood start, then the forward options begin with Rashford and Pereria.

And the balance of the team is a bit better with Pereria's pressing. It's not great, but it's another dimension the team needs because they are so short on quality.

Stacks

He's all United have at that position and Greenwood can't play every match, neither can Pereira or James out wide. Realistically, Chong isn't a viable option of the bench in league matches.

So while I lost you, you're lost on the fact United don't have a lot of options.

If James-Martial-Pereria start, then the forward options begin with Rashford and Greenwood

If James-Martial-Greenwood start, then the forward options begin with Rashford and Pereria.

And the balance of the team is a bit better with Pereria's pressing. It's not great, but it's another dimension the team needs because they are so short on quality.
Rather play Young RB than Andreas

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Who was the guy who tried to argue with me when I said he was a slightly better Welbeck? Him being a starter for United says more about United than it does for him.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He should repeat that in front of Gaz. The guy would kill him.
He is right. He gets extra protection ONLY because he is a United youth product. Fans refuse to be unbiased with him because if he played for another club and United were linked to Rashford for say 50M everyone would say "feck no" "not good enough" and he isn't. He has no outstanding qualities as a player, nothing that makes you think "wow there is a top class player in there".

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is right. He gets extra protection ONLY because he is a United youth product. Fans refuse to be unbiased with him because if he played for another club and United were linked to Rashford for say 50M everyone would say "feck no" "not good enough" and he isn't. He has no outstanding qualities as a player, nothing that makes you think "wow there is a top class player in there".
Of course he's right but Rashy will always be protected and hyped. Same as Rashy v0.0 (Welbeck) and Rashy v2.0 (Greenwood).

edcunited1878

Funny how I think it was Carragher or whomever saying just a year or two ago that Rashford should look for a move away from United because he was being challenged for consistent playing time. Well now that he's got it, maybe a little too easy and undeserved, he's not doing himself any favors.

Rashford needs to do some deep soul searching and humble himself and work on his game and contribute much, much better for the team. Martial, Pogba, Greenwood, maybe even James are more naturally gifted than him. His maturation and continued development is so important whether or not United improve as a club. That's the situation they've put themselves into by putting pretty much all their eggs in his basket.

I think he'll be better than Welbeck, arguably he already is, but Welbeck never had this much responsibility or pressure at United. Rashford has nowhere to hide and has nowhere to go. It's really sink or swim time as far as his maturation and really embrace how he will best contribute to the team. Will he be able to take a secondary approach and allow a more cutting edge player to shine like Rooney did for Ronaldo?

I don't know if his ego and hype will allow him. It may be the downfall of Ole and club.

KennyBurner

Funny how I think it was Carragher or whomever saying just a year or two ago that Rashford should look for a move away from United because he was being challenged for consistent playing time. Well now that he's got it, maybe a little too easy and undeserved, he's not doing himself any favors.

Rashford needs to do some deep soul searching and humble himself and work on his game and contribute much, much better for the team. Martial, Pogba, Greenwood, maybe even James are more naturally gifted than him. His maturation and continued development is so important whether or not United improve as a club. That's the situation they've put themselves into by putting pretty much all their eggs in his basket.

I think he'll be better than Welbeck, arguably he already is, but Welbeck never had this much responsibility or pressure at United. Rashford has nowhere to hide and has nowhere to go. It's really sink or swim time as far as his maturation and really embrace how he will best contribute to the team. Will he be able to take a secondary approach and allow a more cutting edge player to shine like Rooney did for Ronaldo?

I don't know if his ego and hype will allow him. It may be the downfall of Ole and club.
I agree with what you have said but the bolded part is so wrong. Rashford is a far more gifted player than James which shows you how terrible our recruiting system has been. I view James as more of a system player who will work hard for the team and follow tactical instructions to the highest degree possible. It also helps that he is lightning fast but thats were it all ends. Not much technique or dribbling ability as opposed to rashford who is average in those areas.

edcunited1878

I agree with what you have said but the bolded part is so wrong. Rashford is a far more gifted player than James which shows you how terrible our recruiting system has been. I view James as more of a system player who will work hard for the team and follow tactical instructions to the highest degree possible. It also helps that he is lightning fast but thats were it all ends. Not much technique or dribbling ability as opposed to rashford who is average in those areas.
From what I've seen with James, his first touch at speed or touch then acceleration with the ball is pretty good. He should still improve, but he's technique might be a little underrated. From the goals he's scored, especially the Soton goal, that's good tekkers.

HowieC

James actually seems to have a good first touch and is adept at keeping the ball under control when speed dribbling.

His ability to run with the ball reminds me of Bale - While the ball is not under super close control ala Hazard or Messi, its close enough be able to change direction
past defenders on the break when there is significant space.

Whereas Rashy… poor first touch, can only knock the ball straight ahead, very low level of control while dribbling. He also has to look down at the ball to maintain control,
and often gets the ball caught under his feet and leaving it behind when running. He looks far below average for a wing forward in dribbling and general technique.

Of course he's right but Rashy will always be protected and hyped. Same as Rashy v0.0 (Welbeck) and Rashy v2.0 (Greenwood).
Greenwood actually seems to have strong technique, which puts him in a different class from the 2 versions of Welbeck. Great touch, ambipedal, composure, and ability to finish.
The only area he is weaker than the Welbecks is his physicality, where he isn't too fast or very strong at this stage. However, in his case, he is truly young, and hopefully can develop the requisite physicality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stadjer

Missplaced pass turned into an assist by McT... besides that he was horrible.

Ole : "My Rashy will always play and will play every minute"

Based Adnan

Not sure why Pereira went off instead of this clown

Welbeck regen. The only difference is Rashford frauded himself into a 200k a week contract. Need to move him on whilst he still has some needless hype behind him. Deer in headlights when through on goal and 200+ games for club and country has somehow made him worse.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
What happened with him? He looked special when he first broke into the first team

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He is awful. He is not Premier League quality, let alone United quality. He needs to be dropped for the foreseeable future.

Art

Art the artist
I disagree with the welbeck comparisons but he's such a confidence player. If the first 10 minutes don't work out, he won't score the rest of the game.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
200k a week rising to 300k for a petulant child. I swear SAF would ship this guy out with that attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.