Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not seen any pre season games but not heard much about Rashford after them. How has he been? Is he good enough to be our first choice striker and get 20+ league goals? I have my doubts yet there aren't many rumours about us getting a striker.
He's played well but hasn't played as a striker that's been Martial.

He's better suited to left forward - in my opinion

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think I like him as a striker, i think he's better out wide.
He has serious flaws that show up whereever he plays. I just prefer Tony up front cause he has a cooler head in and around the box compared to this guy. I am happy with both interchanging though.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's played well but hasn't played as a striker that's been Martial.

He's better suited to left forward - in my opinion
He's generally looked quite poor when he's played wide imo. For me, he's either played centrally or he's on the bench as an option.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don't think I like him as a striker, i think he's better out wide.
Yeah he is, I have to agree.

He's a live wire out wide and his hold up play isn't good enough through the middle. He can still progress though still very young.

He needs to be passing more, he did pass a lot more yesterday but there was a time where it was obvious he needed to square it but just smashed it towards goal - which is another issue with his shooting, seems to be a lot of smash and hope rather than placing his shots.

He has all the talent but needs to refine his craft to be top class.

romufc

Is it me of Rashford has probably looked the poorest of our attackers?
I know he scored the goal which was good for him but, I dont get the same buzz when he has the ball like 2 years back.
He struggles to beat a man, his passing hasn't improved.

Don't get me started on his freekicks, he looks to be our no.1 choice for freekicks but he hasn't scored one in the league for us?

Are we expecting too much from him? he is 21 so he is no longer just a talent.

Art Vandelay

I know he scored the goal which was good for him but, I dont get the same buzz when he has the ball like 2 years back.

Don't get me started on his freekicks, he looks to be our no.1 choice for freekicks but he hasn't scored one in the league for us?

They've all been up and down in patches this pre-season I think. When he's been bad though it's been a lot more obvious.

He has scored one freekick in the league, first goal under Ole. He's shit at them though, it's just hit and hope like Ronaldo.

romufc

They've all been up and down in patches this pre-season I think. When he's been bad though it's been a lot more obvious.

He has scored one freekick in the league, first goal under Ole. He's shit at them though, it's just hit and hope like Ronaldo.
I am really up for him being a world class player, but he seems to have become selfish when he is in and around the area, it would be good to see him improve his vision. He seems one dimensional at the moment.

We are rubbish at set pieces, Mata is the only one who looks like he can score a free kick and he isn't even first choice in the team.

Art Vandelay

I am really up for him being a world class player, but he seems to have become selfish when he is in and around the area, it would be good to see him improve his vision. He seems one dimensional at the moment.

We are rubbish at set pieces, Mata is the only one who looks like he can score a free kick and he isn't even first choice in the team.
He doesn't even need to be near the box to be selfish, he's shooting from everywhere. I can actually see him getting dropped soon if he doesn't start passing the ball and getting his head up. I think he's bought his own hype a bit.

Hopefully we get Dybala or Fernandes to sort out the set pieces. It's been a problem for far too long, if Mata isn't on then it's just a waste of a freekick or corner for us.

romufc

He doesn't even need to be near the box to be selfish, he's shooting from everywhere. I can actually see him getting dropped soon if he doesn't start passing the ball and getting his head up. I think he's bought his own hype a bit.

Hopefully we get Dybala or Fernandes to sort out the set pieces. It's been a problem for far too long, if Mata isn't on then it's just a waste of a freekick or corner for us.
Agreed, I used to love when used to get past a player on the inside left, cut in and he was hitting them well into the corner, now it seems he feels he is the main man and does too much.

I think its happening, Ole when he came in was sure rash was our no. 9 but from pre season, looks like Martial has come in and said no I want that role.

Nialinho

I don't care what anyone says, I back him as our No. 9 and think he just needs a season as the main man to get back on track. The end of last season was the first time since LvG that he had a guaranteed spot in our starting eleven. He didn't look quite right after coming back from that ankle injury and think he played a lot of games unfit/injured. I'm always surprised by the negativity he gets on here, he's far from the finished product but he's more than capable of becoming a great player for us. I'm backing him to get about 22 goals in all competitions this season.

romufc

I don't care what anyone says, I back him as our No. 9 and think he just needs a season as the main man to get back on track. The end of last season was the first time since LvG that he had a guaranteed spot in our starting eleven. He didn't look quite right after coming back from that ankle injury and think he played a lot of games unfit/injured. I'm always surprised by the negativity he gets on here, he's far from the finished product but he's more than capable of becoming a great player for us. I'm backing him to get about 22 goals in all competitions this season.

We all hope so, but so far in pre season I have been slightly unimpressed. I think Martial will be No. 9 this season but I am sure there will be plenty of rotation.

Nialinho

We all hope so, but so far in pre season I have been slightly unimpressed. I think Martial will be No. 9 this season but I am sure there will be plenty of rotation.
Yeah he's not been amazing but he's scored two good goals and you've got to remember it's more about fitness/tactics than performance at this stage. I think Ole will stick with Rashford up top and Martial on the left but with possible interchanging during games. Martial is maybe the better finisher but Rashford will press better and offer better movement so he's probably the safer bet at this point.

Fosu-Mens

Martial as our number 9 would benefit our overall attacking play, compared to Rashford.
He is very efficient, does not shoot from stupid positions, does not drop into positions that congest the play like Rashford does...
Rashford overall game is severely lacking. He can't pass, his decisionmaking and movement in the build-up are not good, his technique is not as good as it should be, his ability to spot passes is not good...
His work rate makes him better suited to play on the wing since it will be more running and sprints when pressing in this position. Also, he is more dependent on space compared to Martial since his touch is not as good.

If Martial can continue his work rate and movement from the preseason, we should start him as striker over Rashford for a majority of the games. And until Rashford improves his decisionmaking and ability on the ball, he should not be starting every game.

romufc

Martial as our number 9 would benefit our overall attacking play, compared to Rashford.
He is very efficient, does not shoot from stupid positions, does not drop into positions that congest the play like Rashford does...
Rashford overall game is severely lacking. He can't pass, his decisionmaking and movement in the build-up are not good, his technique is not as good as it should be, his ability to spot passes is not good...
His work rate makes him better suited to play on the wing since it will be more running and sprints when pressing in this position. Also, he is more dependent on space compared to Martial since his touch is not as good.

If Martial can continue his work rate and movement from the preseason, we should start him as striker over Rashford for a majority of the games. And until Rashford improves his decisionmaking and ability on the ball, he should not be starting every game.
Agreed, Rashford seems alot more greedier. He knows he is the teachers pet, and will not be dropped. Ole must be having words with Rash saying you need to improve if you want to start. Considering we do not make signings, he probably play even if his form is bad, but if we sign a couple attackers his position is under threat if Martial starts the season well, and Greenwood impresses.

Fosu-Mens

Agreed, Rashford seems alot more greedier. He knows he is the teachers pet, and will not be dropped. Ole must be having words with Rash saying you need to improve if you want to start. Considering we do not make signings, he probably play even if his form is bad, but if we sign a couple attackers his position is under threat if Martial starts the season well, and Greenwood impresses.
Yeah. Comparing the overall game of Greenwood and Rashford is interesting.
If we make this a toolbox analogy:
In Rashfords toolbox we will find a big powerfull hammer that we can use again and again, but useless in tight spaces.
In Greenwood's toolbox, there is almost no more space for tools. The only thing that is lacking is the experience to know when to use which tool and some refining of the tools available.

romufc

Yeah. Comparing the overall game of Greenwood and Rashford is interesting.
If we make this a toolbox analogy:
In Rashfords toolbox we will find a big powerfull hammer that we can use again and again, but useless in tight spaces.
In Greenwood's toolbox, there is almost no more space for tools. The only thing that is lacking is the experience to know when to use which tool and some refining of the tools available.
Don't forget Greenwood also has something in his locker that very rare footballers have.
He is 2 footed, this year will be good experience and if he does well, I dear for Rashford next season.

Fosu-Mens

Don't forget Greenwood also has something in his locker that very rare footballers have.
He is 2 footed, this year will be good experience and if he does well, I dear for Rashford next season.
I tried to find a tool that is either left or right-handed to fit into the analogy, but could not come up with one beside left and right-handed scissors, and those are arguably not tools.

If OGS is a better tactical/systemical coach than i think he is, then he should be able to take advantage of the abilities that Greenwood got. And if he is able to make the team function as a unit in the passing/attacking and pressing part of the game, having technical players are better than having physical players. If he is not able to do this, then playing a physical player like Rashford will be more beneficial.

Handré1990

I think he’ll score 20 PL goals this season. He’s going to finally manage to consistently use his physical attributes to good effect. Or so I hope:angel:

DoomSlayer

I really hope we see Rashford score more goals like the one against Liverpool, where he totally destroyed TAA with a nasty skill and put it in the bottom corner. :drool:

Swiss_Red89

It will be really interesting to see how he performs this season. At the moment its really unsure imo. It's possible (and i would absolutely love it) that he's on fire and scores 20+ goals this season. But it's also possible that he shows the same inconsistency as last season. He certainly has shown signs of both scenarios in pre season.

It think it'll be something in between, he will improve compared to last season, but will also remain very frustraiting at times.

I hope he has a good start with a few goals in the first few weeks and stays injury free during the season. Than there is a good chance of scenario one:drool:

Last edited:

Renegade

I can’t believe my eyes every time I see him and Martial in the top 10 highest paid players in the league.

We really should be demanded more output from this season onwards. His paid more than Kane. Anything less than at least 20 goals all comps isn’t good enough really.

Potential is there but his the lead striker for Manchester United. Sink or swim time now.

Steven-UK

I can’t believe my eyes every time I see him and Martial in the top 10 highest paid players in the league.

We really should be demanded more output from this season onwards. His paid more than Kane. Anything less than at least 20 goals all comps isn’t good enough really.

Potential is there but his the lead striker for Manchester United. Sink or swim time now.
Amazing really, and Kane is 5 X the player Rashford is. That's what we have become - a pretty desperate club. Watching against AC Milan now, the same old problems are there.

youmeletsfly

Good goal, but he's still average as feck.

As others have said, he's paid better than fecking Harry Kane, it's staggering.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
fecking hell, his contract talk will be brought in every week I guess.

haram

Good goal, but he's still average as feck.

As others have said, he's paid better than fecking Harry Kane, it's staggering.
If he’s average what are the rest of the players because he looks the best one.

Redbandito

It’s not just you. Rashford doesn’t see the game. He’s got incredible pace and is dangerous with space in front of him, but he is indecisive, letting the ball die at his feet far too often and lacks creativity. I’m not going to give up on the lad. Obvious talent there but needs to grow significantly in his decision making.

Greck

It's the breakneck pace we've played at. If Rashford was a below average decision maker at 50mph he's proving to be a remarkably terrible one at a 100mph.

Art

Art the artist
He has his flaws but will be absolute quality for us in the coming years. He looks an absolute beast physically. If we get Bruno/keep Pogba he'll hit 20 goals this season.

UncleBob

Holds on to the ball for far too long, think's far too highly of himself and his abilities, needs to be pegged down a notch.

El Jefe

Good goal but I hate his style of play, its far too one dimensional. If Ole doesn't play favourites he'll be on the bench soon enough.

He's Gabriel Agbonlahor with too much self confidence.

haram

Good goal but I hate his style of play, its far too one dimensional. If Ole doesn't play favourites he'll be on the bench soon enough.

He's Gabriel Agbonlahor with too much self confidence.
How is he one dimensional? You’re only comparing him to Agbonlahor because he’s quick.

DoomSlayer

I have faith in Rashford and Martial, they showed how good their partnership could become with more experience. I believe this is the first time they would consistently be playing with each other in a fluid system, it will take a bit of time.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Decision making is a flaw that he can eliminate with experience, which he's getting tons.

Great goal and as always he put solid power into shots.

El Jefe

How is he one dimensional? You’re only comparing him to Agbonlahor because he’s quick.
If he doesn't have open green in front of him he's pretty average.
There's your answer just above @haram

When he's denied space he looks clueless and resorts to shooting from silly distances. There's almost no finesse to his game, he just runs in straight lines and loses the ball when more guile or skill is needed.

That sounds like Agbonlahor to me albeit a more talented version.

Dinghy

Such a frustrating player. His workrate is fantastic but bar the odd moment of class he'll lose the ball most of the time by making the wrong decision or by trying to dribble himself out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.