5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

He can look absolutely world class one moment and then turn into an absolute amateur the next. Guess we have to put up with that for another year or two while he irons out those flaws

haram

There's your answer just above @haram

When he's denied space he looks clueless and resorts to shooting from silly distances. There's almost no finesse to his game, he just runs in straight lines and loses the ball when more guile or skill is needed.

That sounds like Agbonlahor to me albeit a more talented version.
Well you can have your opinion. I think his movement and link play is good which means he isn’t one dimensional but that’s just me.

DoomSlayer

Is there a way that our supporters stop this fanboy BS and slate a player to big up their favourite one? Can you get behind both Martial and Rashford without trashing either one constantly lads?

KennyBurner

Very mixed feelings with him on the wing. He scored a great goal today which was off a counter attack. The problem I have with him is when we have control of the game. He looks so clueless when he is closed down and on the edge. A smarter player finds a pass but rashford tries to kick and run when he is surrounded. He's been playing for 3 years now and still doesn't know what to do in tight spaces. I really dont think we get the best of him on the wing. Gonna be interesting to see who Ole feels should lead the line between him and martial.

Milo2035

Play him at the center, or don't play him at all. He's a poacher.

Eddy_JukeZ

He can look absolutely world class one moment and then turn into an absolute amateur the next. Guess we have to put up with that for another year or two while he irons out those flaws
Will he ever though?

His decision making is absolutely awful at times.

I don't know if he'll ever iron it out.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Play him at the center, or don't play him at all. He's a poacher.
You’re quite confused. The goal he scored today showed you a potential world class LW. His best plays come cutting inside in from the LW. Feck he even loves to just cut inside and have a ridiculous shot from the LW channel. He can’t play the way he wants to by being a ‘poacher’

Web of Bissaka

I don't mind at all Rashford playing this way. Working hard for the team and always threaten defenses. Frustrating? yes but thrilling at the same time seeing him giving it his all for the team, and always knocking the door of defenses.

It's how he normally play in 2016/17, fun to watch. His 2017/19 are two seasons of more slower and lazier performances than the good performances, most games are boring. Good thing is his composure, shooting and team awareness are all much better now. Still tend to over rush play, so need to work on balancing it out when to rush and when to slow down for more accurate pass to teammates.

His performance is the only fun thing in first half.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If Ole doesn't play favourites he'll be on the bench soon enough.
He is our best forward in last year or so, he is one of our few players who can create something out of nothing, he works hardee than majority of players in oir squad, and he was clearly our best forward during pre season too, so I am not sure how exactly he is going to end up on the bench? Who will bench him?

He can be frustrating and inconsistent, but he is pretty much our best option up front, left and even right.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Only watched the first half yesterday but he did well I thought. I also reckon he'll be on penalty duties this year which should help his goalscoring confidence.

Walters_19_MuFc

Took his goal well. Attacked with intent and although his shot took a deflection, he created space for the shot and deserved the bit of luck.

Nialinho

He's a frustrating player but I feel like some people expect him to be flawless when he's obviously not yet the finished article. A season of him being the main man in our attack will hopefully iron out some of his bad habits, he's still not had a full season as a certified starter. Other than a few exceptions (Only Mbappe comes to mind), what young striker isn't frustrating and inconsistent? For 21 years old he's a massive, massive talent. As a fan of this club I just don't get why you'd constantly sh*t on him. You've got people on here who slate Rashford but think the 22 year old McTominay is the next Roy Keane.. :wenger:

Good goal but I hate his style of play, its far too one dimensional. If Ole doesn't play favourites he'll be on the bench soon enough.

He's Gabriel Agbonlahor with too much self confidence.
You're entitled to your opinion but come on, Gabby Agbonlahor with too much confidence!?!?!?

Embarrassing post.

Red Rash

I'm actually surprised by the amount of stick Rashford gets on here.

I guess it's because he broke through very young and also is on a high contract.

He is still only 21 and it's very rare for a player to play to a high level at such an age. For every prodigy who makes it big at 17 (Messi, Rooney, Mbappe) there are also those who show great talent but are frustrating due to inconsistency.

Look at players like Ronaldo, Henry, Scholes and Kane. These guys really became stars around the age Rashford is now. We have to give him time to iron out the inconsistencies and he can be a great player for us.

Even looking at someone like McTominay who people saw as a liability a few months ago. Now he has found his groove and perspective has changed.

We shouldn't be too concerned with his inconsistency at this stage, the important thing is that his high level is very high. That's the promising part

Milo2035

You’re quite confused. The goal he scored today showed you a potential world class LW. His best plays come cutting inside in from the LW. Feck he even loves to just cut inside and have a ridiculous shot from the LW channel. He can’t play the way he wants to by being a ‘poacher’
You obviously don't watch his academy's days. Boy is a poacher. He's good under Van gaal because he played at the center.
His dribbling is worse than Martial. And Martial hardly has a successful dribble these days. Play him at LW will kill his career.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You obviously don't watch his academy's days. Boy is a poacher. He's good under Van gaal because he played at the center.
His dribbling is worse than Martial. And Martial hardly has a successful dribble these days. Play him at LW will kill his career.
Icardi, Hernandez they are the poachers. Not Rashford, also he wasn't even lead the line striker for academy.

roykeane19

Very mixed feelings with him on the wing. He scored a great goal today which was off a counter attack. The problem I have with him is when we have control of the game. He looks so clueless when he is closed down and on the edge. A smarter player finds a pass but rashford tries to kick and run when he is surrounded. He's been playing for 3 years now and still doesn't know what to do in tight spaces. I really dont think we get the best of him on the wing. Gonna be interesting to see who Ole feels should lead the line between him and martial.
Ole doesnt seem to me to have the balls to make the big decisions, I`m sure he`ll pick Rashford to lead the line just because hes homegrown and to appease the fans. Despite Martial being ten times the player Rashford is.
Ive said it from day one and I say again, what some people are just starting to realise, the reason his decision making is so bad, is because like most english players he`s a kick and run merchant, just relying on physical attributes , but not thinking with his brain, once your legs go, which they eventually do, and your brain hasnt got up, theres not much to offer.

WireMUFC

Ole doesnt seem to me to have the balls to make the big decisions, I`m sure he`ll pick Rashford to lead the line just because hes homegrown and to appease the fans. Despite Martial being ten times the player Rashford is.
Ive said it from day one and I say again, what some people are just starting to realise, the reason his decision making is so bad, is because like most english players he`s a kick and run merchant, just relying on physical attributes , but not thinking with his brain, once your legs go, which they eventually do, and your brain hasnt got up, theres not much to offer.
What do you mean Ole doesn’t have the balls to make big decisions? your view on Rashford is wrong, Oles is right, he doesn’t have a big decision to make. In what world is Martial 10x the player that Rashford is? They’re both extremely bright young talents and I love them both. Hate our fans when they pit two of our young players against each other.

Can’t believe you just called Rashford a kick and run merchant, you have no idea what talent is if that’s your assessment of Rashford at 21 then I don’t think footballs for you. you’re an absolute embarrassment. Some of our so called fans like you are a disgrace, you sound a lot like a scouser bashing our players. He would be a club darling at any other club but you can’t please some of the spoilt brats in our fan base.

Last edited:

lawliet354

I have confidence that both Rashford and Martial will be our next Rooney-Ronaldo partnership, both are striker but they have no problem playing from the left side and can interchange easily. If they keep focusing and working hard and try I think they can achieve it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
What do you mean Ole doesn’t have the balls to make big decisions? your view on Rashford is wrong, Oles is right, he doesn’t have a big decision to make. In what world is Martial 10x the player that Rashford is? They’re both extremely bright young talents and I love them both. Hate our fans when they pit two of our young players against each other.

Can’t believe you just called Rashford a kick and run merchant, you have no idea what talent is if that’s your assessment of Rashford at 21 then I don’t think footballs for you. you’re an absolute embarrassment. Some of our so called fans like you are a disgrace, you sound a lot like a scouser bashing our players. He would be a club darling at any other club but you can’t please some of the spoilt brats in our fan base.
He’s not the first person on this forum to describe Rashford that way either. Personally I think Rashford is an amazing prospect, and I am thrilled we have him. The kid just turned 21, and if he keeps developing the way he has, he’s going to be a heck of a player. He has nerves of steel too. Like you I am pretty embarrassed by the way a lot of our fans abuse our young players. They did the same with Beckham and Scholes when they came through. And loads used to call Ronaldo a show pony with no end product, when he was still 19, 20, 21 years old. Fletcher got it the worst though. He took tons of abuse.

They’ll do it to Greenwood and Gomes too. Initially they’ll love them, but when they hit a rough patch - which ALL young players do - they’ll become not good enough, and be denigrated in some way, for some attribute. With Gomes it’ll likely be his height.

You have to be a special brand of idiot to call Rashford a kick and run merchant.

Milo2035

When Ronaldo and Messi can't dribble, they pass to a teammate. In the same situation, Rashford will dribble and lose the ball.

WireMUFC

He’s not the first person on this forum to describe Rashford that way either. Personally I think Rashford is an amazing prospect, and I am thrilled we have him. The kid just turned 21, and if he keeps developing the way he has, he’s going to be a heck of a player. He has nerves of steel too. Like you I am pretty embarrassed by the way a lot of our fans abuse our young players. They did the same with Beckham and Scholes when they came through. And loads used to call Ronaldo a show pony with no end product, when he was still 19, 20, 21 years old. Fletcher got it the worst though. He took tons of abuse.

They’ll do it to Greenwood and Gomes too. Initially they’ll love them, but when they hit a rough patch - which ALL young players do - they’ll become not good enough, and be denigrated in some way, for some attribute. With Gomes it’ll likely be his height.

You have to be a special brand of idiot to call Rashford a kick and run merchant.
Greenwood’s in for a shite time when some of them turn on him in a few years when he doesn’t score for a few games. They'll say, “He needs to improve finishing he is bad at it” or some other generic pointless criticism.

It’s terrible the abuse Rashford gets, unless he scores a hat trick every game he will continue to be abused. I don’t mind criticism of him but it’s the brain dead insulting of him. I love watching him play, I love watching him try new things and express himself, that’s how young players grow. I’m glad he’s not a sideways easy option footballer. Some of our fans think that football players are robots and don’t make mistakes or grow as players. Then again like you said we’ve seen this all before with the likes of Ronaldo and Fletcher etc.

Martial gets the same treatment as well but not quite as bad. I Don’t know why our fans can’t get behind them and actually want them BOTH to do well.

Walters_19_MuFc

When Ronaldo and Messi can't dribble, they pass to a teammate. In the same situation, Rashford will dribble and lose the ball.
That not to do with age and decision making, which I imagine will improve with age. All young players do it. You beat one player then think you can beat the whole team or running into a dead end. He will learn!!!

fps

Absolutely. Lukaku leaving and Rashford's new contract do simplify things for him though, which will be good for him mentally. There you go lad, you're the number 9, we're relying on you as a key player, you asked for it, so step up and do your thing.

romufc

With a huge contract comes huge responsibility.

If Rashford doesn't get minimum 15 goals this season, it will show he is not worth the wage he is on.

roykeane19

Its not called comparing them against each other, its a factual look at both of them, just because one is an academy graduate does not mean he has to be an anutomatic starter and be glorified, hes on a hundred times the wage you probably are, and I doubt he would have a care or have any blind paranoid support towards you if someone else was doing your job better than you.
I dont see anyone saying to give Fred or Fellaini our utmost blind support,
At the "biggest" club in the world if your not good enough your not good enough, doesnt matter what system you come from, be it academy or from another club.

The reason we are so shit is we have some weird notion that we have some special youth academy and its our heritage to play youth players, they shouldnt be playign jus for the heck of it, it should be based on merit.
On top of that we have fans who are totally content with the mediocrity we have achieved the last 6 years, our fans dont act like were a big club at all, hence why glazers and co are getting away with the complete lack of any blueprint or any philosphy or restructuring plan for the club to follow.

WireMUFC

Its not called comparing them against each other, its a factual look at both of them, just because one is an academy graduate does not mean he has to be an anutomatic starter and be glorified, hes on a hundred times the wage you probably are, and I doubt he would have a care or have any blind paranoid support towards you if someone else was doing your job better than you.
I dont see anyone saying to give Fred or Fellaini our utmost blind support,
At the "biggest" club in the world if your not good enough your not good enough, doesnt matter what system you come from, be it academy or from another club.

The reason we are so shit is we have some weird notion that we have some special youth academy and its our heritage to play youth players, they shouldnt be playign jus for the heck of it, it should be based on merit.
On top of that we have fans who are totally content with the mediocrity we have achieved the last 6 years, our fans dont act like were a big club at all, hence why glazers and co are getting away with the complete lack of any blueprint or any philosphy or restructuring plan for the club to follow.
Just looked through your old posts you really do hate English players/academy products don’t you, you’ve been bashing Rashford on here for 2 years with the same old posts. 90% of your posts are negative. Must be tiring being that miserable.

Our club is built on youth players. Part of being a United fan is supporting the youth we aren’t some galactico side and never have been.

I don’t support Rashford just because he’s a youth player, I support him because he’s actually a very good player with the potential to become world class. Btw who are you to tell me I shouldn’t support academy products, I’ve been brought up watching academy players come into the first team and it’s one of many reasons I love this club. I don’t know where you’re from but maybe I have more of a connection with our youth players. Stop bashing the young kids and get behind them.

It’s okay to not rate Rashford but no need to go over the top, if your assessment is that he’s a kick and run footballer then I feel sorry for you. I don’t know what you’re watching. I think a great club for you would be Real Madrid, Man City or Chelsea. This is Manchester United it’s in our DNA to promote youth players to the first team and you need to get over it because it’s always been that way.

Rashford is here on merit, England don’t just pick him because he’s a man united youth player from Manchester do they? Pack it in with the conspiracy theory that he’s only here because he’s local it’s weird.

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

Big, big season ahead for him. Him and Martial are now the senior strikers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just like Martial, think he'll have a great season. Turning 22 this season, but I'd say hes at about the same spot in his development as Martial. Both have so much talent and have shown they are capable of being top players in this league, it's just been a consistency thing as it always is with young players. Think this will be the season for both where they make that next step, become far more consistent, no small part due to them being given more important roles in the team and the fact that they'll be automatic starters. Can't wait.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
His decision-making is far too poor to play him out wide going forward. His off-the-ball runs in central positions are also far too good not to play him down the middle. He becomes half the player out wide.

Martial, however, does not become half the player out wide. Therefore, even if we think Martial is slightly better up front than Rashford, I believe Martial should still be the one to play out wide.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That touch and finish for the third goal was fantastic.

Tiber

One of the oddest things about the cafe over the summer was the amount of negativity towards Rashford. Thats one way to shut them up

Status
Not open for further replies.