Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
What a crazy player. He is amazing and he is a true local lad coming through. Good times :D

lysglimt

Scout
Scored in 11 of his last 14 matches - not counting the Villa-goal he should have been given

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This is the first time since RvP 2013 where I've felt we have a player on the pitch who can produce magic every time he gets the ball. Gosh its been so long since we had a player playing this well consistently. Please Marcus get to the level you're absolutely capable of.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
‘Rashbeck’

Dopey cnuts.

Stadjer

Seems his bad patch was him growing into his body more, what an amazing step up
Growing into his body? More likely he was bad because he was playing as a centre forward. He is good as left winger/left forward but not so good as the central striker in the system Ole was using.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been saying for a year that I track his development to get about 23 this season, then become a 30+ goals player from next year. He’s playing brilliantly and is putting his game altogether. One more year, injury permitting, and he’ll be just about there.

Member 119614

I thought he was crap even only a couple of weeks back, now he looks unstoppable. I'm so happy to be dead wrong.
I know jack shit about football but as long as the players and Ole know what they're doing it's all good to me!

Dante

Average bang
He's not really on the left, though. You could argue that Rashford's starting position is on the left, but he's playing the ball very centrally for the most part.

Mourinho used to try and play him as a winger. That's where he went wrong.

Ole has him as a wide-forward rather than a winger. Because Rashford has a lot more licence to get involved in the middle and in the box, he's getting on the scoresheet more often. It's not rocket science.

SAFMUTD

He's not really on the left, though. You could argue that Rashford's starting position is on the left, but he's playing the ball very centrally for the most part.

Mourinho used to try and play him as a winger. That's where he went wrong.

Ole has him as a wide-forward rather than a winger. Because Rashford has a lot more licence to get involved in the middle and in the box, he's getting on the scoresheet more often. It's not rocket science.
Agree, he’s not playing out wide like Daniel James. He gets to scoring positions, I think that’s where he looks best as a wide striker, he doesn’t have the ability to retain the ball to play as a central forward but he has the speed and finishing ability to get goals as a wide striker.

Long may it continue.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why didn't that shit off the crossbar go in?

Thought it was one of his more quiet games this season tbf, and still managed to win and score a penalty, had that great shot, missed one good chance, put our players two times in very good chances with great passes(Lingard and James).

bondsname

I remember his first game for us, Martial was injured in the warm up so Rashford got the start instead. Imagine, I had no idea that boy would turn out this good.

It's been amazing watching his development over the years. Hope he keeps performing on this level on consistently.

OldTrevil

He's in form and oozing confidence right now, a joy to watch. He just needs to keep his head down and work on some apects of his game

kundalini

His shot that hit the bar was sublime technique. Got the finish wrong for his big chance from Fred's pass immediately after he scored the penalty. Good play to win the penalty, though the challenge was both needless and reckless. Quiet 2nd half.

Type of match that suits him.

Having a strange season. Nightmare spell when we needed him to deliver while Martial was injured, then terrified most defences he has faced since the Liverpool match.

Hard to overstate how important a player he is for us.

sport2793

Ronnie esque. Best player since CR7 I love watching.
Definitely reminds me of Ronnie from the standpoint where I think he's a threat to shoot from anywhere on the pitch. Literally can take a turn and unleash from 30-40 yards with his technique.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The chance he put wide in the first half was identical attempt he tried when he scored for England a few weeks ago, I think away against the Czechs after just coming off the bench. I thought he should take a touch today, but I can see he’s a great believer in practise and repetition, and went for the same first time sweeping finish that worked that day.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The chance he put wide in the first half was identical attempt he tried when he scored for England a few weeks ago, I think away against the Czechs after just coming off the bench. I thought he should take a touch today, but I can see he’s a great believer in practise and repetition, and went for the same first time sweeping finish that worked that day.
He did the right thing shooting early, the pass was perfectly weighed and the touch might have given the defender a chance to block.

He purely just messed his angles up this time that’s all. He scored one pretty similarly recently like this for United.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He did the right thing shooting early, the pass was perfectly weighed and the touch might have given the defender a chance to block.

He purely just messed his angles up this time that’s all. He scored one pretty similarly recently like this for United.
He came into the chance at incredible speed. It's always tough to get it right when you're running in like that. Angle was a little off and didn't stroke it quite enough. Most forwards aren't even getting that chance starting off so far behind the play.

That said, if he scores that one his transformation is complete and a ballon d'or awaits in the future. I hope he gets there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He came into the chance at incredible speed. It's always tough to get it right when you're running in like that. Angle was a little off and didn't stroke it quite enough. Most forwards aren't even getting that chance starting off so far behind the play.

That said, if he scores that one his transformation is complete and a ballon d'or awaits in the future. I hope he gets there.
Honestly I didn’t think it was that difficult, martial would have scored it. Rashfords never really has the finesse shot in him but I’m sure he’ll improve on it.

his all round game was fantastic in the first half though, the pass to setup James first shot was something we never usually see from him. The confidence is flowing right now.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Honestly I didn’t think it was that difficult, martial would have scored it. Rashfords never really has the finesse shot in him but I’m sure he’ll improve on it.

his all round game was fantastic in the first half though, the pass to setup James first shot was something we never usually see from him. The confidence is flowing right now.
The speed of Rashford's approach makes it difficult. If you're waiting for that pass, it's a dead easy chance but when you've broken land speed records to get there it's difficult to shift gears and get the touch just right.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
His shot that hit the bar was sublime technique. Got the finish wrong for his big chance from Fred's pass immediately after he scored the penalty. Good play to win the penalty, though the challenge was both needless and reckless. Quiet 2nd half.

Type of match that suits him.

Having a strange season. Nightmare spell when we needed him to deliver while Martial was injured, then terrified most defences he has faced since the Liverpool match.

Hard to overstate how important a player he is for us.
Im gonna put that down to him being played out of position, bar a little run as number 9 in Ole's early days Rashfords best games have always been from the left and this is what some people don't factor in when it comes to injuries it's not just the ones who are injured you miss but you loose out when you then also have to move players from their preferred position as well (well you do when you have as thin a squad as ours)

Rashford has undoubtedly taken his game to new levels in the past couple of months which is exactly what was asked of him when we sold Lukaku, hopefully Martial can stay fit and do likewise

Chicharito_

@GifLord Please can we have a GIF of the pace Rashford shows when he misses the chance from Fred's pass, it is possibly the quickest I've ever seen a player move on the football pitch.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Already scored 14 goals this season, I think this will be the season where he will develop into top top class players, and may end up with over 25-30 goals.

Rolaholic

He's really been coming of age these last few weeks,I feel like a proud father seeing him flourishing and giving us much more frequent glimpses of his potential :lol::drool:

I've never had any complaints about his mentality or skill but he also looks to be finally filling out his frame physically on top of improving his all around play. His pace and acceleration is nuts.

Got all the makings of a scary player for us for years to come if he stays on this trajectory developement wise

criticalanalysis

If you pause the video from Giflord above, you can see that going for the far corner and actually beating Ederson would have taken a hell of a shot. It would have to be a perfectly cushioned, accurate shot on the floor with some pace inside the post because Ederson was positioned very well.

In hindsight, it may have been better to take a touch, which would have limited his choice to either a snapshot on his left foot or get closer to Ederson and slip it pass by opening his body and disguising it by going near post.

Or a first time shot to the near post, which again would have been a very difficult chance.

SweetRightFoot

I said at the start of the season, when so many where bashing him, that he'll step up and increase his 10 league goals from last year to 15 goals this season.

However, he's just gone and equalled last seasons tally in less than half a season so I'm gunna put him on 20 for this campaign. Fantastic player, absolutely electric.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Another good peformance. There's been a real spring in his step of late. His shooting in particular seems a lot more dangerous.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Almost every week, he connects with fan so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.