Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Exactly. All this overall game play isn't that good but he's scoring goals thing is becoming very common and garbage. I really don't know what the expectations of him are tbf.

Only on Caf there can be a 5.6 rating for a 22yr old player who has 19 goals and 5 assists in 30 overall appearances this season. Even more surprising are the clowns who keep on defending that rating as if it's anyway near the deserved rating.
If he keep on this rate he would be scoring 35+ goals this season, an exciting 22 year old topping goalscoring chart in one of the best league in the world. Imagine if Rashford is playing for another club, we would be talking about signing him for 150-180m if he is available to us.

norm87cro

For all the criticism that he's not really a foward he showed some seroius striker killer instinct scoring a tap in and a penalty against a decent penalty saving keeper

Rolaholic

Does anyone have a clip or gif of the roulette that he pulled off to get passed 2 defenders before passing the ball to Martial near the box?

It wasn't the elastico as I've found clips of that without issue but for whatever reason,the roulette is nowhere to be seen. It was an even filthier display of skill and technical ability in my eyes

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Honestly cant understand any United supporter that doesn't absolutely love the kid. Hes exactly what anyone would want. Hes exciting to watch, unpredictable, came in as an unknown young player and instantly became a hero, works his ass off every game, plays with flair, scores all sorts of goals, home grown and just adores the club. Doesn't cause any trouble off the pitch and no stories of distractions off the pitch. Just working hard to be better. And hes playing like a world class player this year. Just love the kid, and United fans who criticize him every second should take a look at themselves. Guy is our talisman these days.

Rolaholic

Because this is the forum where we lump Pogba with Lingard. :rolleyes:
:lol::houllier:

He was actually just talking up his relationship and partnerships with Martial and Pogba during his chat with RVP last week and how he loves playing with them but our fanbase have agenda's to attend to...

DoomSlayer

Does anyone have a clip or gif of the roulette that he pulled off to get passed 2 defenders before passing the ball to Martial near the box?

It wasn't the elastico as I've found clips of that without issue but for whatever reason,the roulette is nowhere to be seen. It was an even filthier display of skill and technical ability in my eyes
People saying that he isn't a technical player and you see him pull off stuff like that. :lol:

Remember that assist for Pogba last season where he did 2 defenders on the rightside touchline against Bournemouth, one of them being Ake. He can be outrageous in his close control and dribbling, just lacks a bit of consistency still, but if he improves on that, Rashford can literally be top 5 player in the Premier League.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Honestly cant understand any United supporter that doesn't absolutely love the kid. Hes exactly what anyone would want. Hes exciting to watch, unpredictable, came in as an unknown young player and instantly became a hero, works his ass off every game, plays with flair, scores all sorts of goals, home grown and just adores the club. Doesn't cause any trouble off the pitch and no stories of distractions off the pitch. Just working hard to be better. And hes playing like a world class player this year. Just love the kid, and United fans who criticize him every second should take a look at themselves. Guy is our talisman these days.
100% agree with this. Has been a joy to watch him develop into the player he’s become. His attitude has been exemplary which is rare in players of his generation.

Rolaholic

*on 19 now

The no.10 shirt hasn't looked at all too heavy for him this season. He really is developing into one of our main men. Fair play to Ole for the trust he's shown in our young attacking talent as it's been rewarded quite a bit.

Rashford is developing into a genuine world class talent and it's so exciting given that he's a local lad and one of our own through and through :drool:

100% agree with this. Has been a joy to watch him develop into the player he’s become. His attitude has been exemplary which is rare in players of his generation.
unfortunately there am have been posters who don’t like him because he’s English. Which is strange given where I believe Manchester is... but then that’s ‘internet’ fans.

seeing young players come through the academy, and local ones at that should be one of the joys of football for any fan of any team. It’s been great to see him progress.

Ace of Spades

He probably won't play against Wolves, he was carrying some knocks but still played without complaints. That makes the whole attitude problems according to some even more stupid.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
unfortunately there am have been posters who don’t like him because he’s English. Which is strange given where I believe Manchester is... but then that’s ‘internet’ fans.

seeing young players come through the academy, and local ones at that should be one of the joys of football for any fan of any team. It’s been great to see him progress.
I don't think anyone dislikes him because he's English. I remember the only time his nationality came up in the past was due to the discrepancy in how he was covered by the media compared to guys like Lukaku, Martial or Pogba when they would have bad games, which is sort of normal that they'd have bias for players from their own country, and the hype, comparisons with Mbappe for example, when Rashford was nowhere near the level he's at right now. This is the season that Rashford is justifying the hype behind him that was overblown in the past. He is confident, he's prolific, he's scoring even when he's not playing that well, and he's in the top of the goalscorers for the league. There's nothing anybody can say to downplay what he's doing right now. I think this is the season that's going to be the catalyst for the rest of his career, and I think he's going to do great things here; I don't see him going anywhere for the rest of his career.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think anyone dislikes him because he's English. I remember the only time his nationality came up in the past was due to the discrepancy in how he was covered by the media compared to guys like Lukaku, Martial or Pogba when they would have bad games, which is sort of normal that they'd have bias for players from their own country, and the hype, comparisons with Mbappe for example, when Rashford was nowhere near the level he's at right now. This is the season that Rashford is justifying the hype behind him that was overblown in the past. He is confident, he's prolific, he's scoring even when he's not playing that well, and he's in the top of the goalscorers for the league. There's nothing anybody can say to downplay what he's doing right now. I think this is the season that's going to be the catalyst for the rest of his career, and I think he's going to do great things here; I don't see him going anywhere for the rest of his career.
Don't know about media but he was treated a lot harshly than most others here due to the fact that he's an academy player. A simple search for terms like "Rashbeck" will show you how many of our fans were clueless.

Also everyone keeps on mentioning the Mbappe thread but nobody mentions the Kelechi, Iwobi, Jesus, Asensio and recently Tammy Abraham comparisons where most kept on saying that Rash was an inferior player only for him to prove everyone wrong.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Don't know about media but he was treated a lot harshly than most others here due to the fact that he's an academy player. A simple search for terms like "Rashbeck" will show you how many of our fans were clueless.

Also everyone keeps on mentioning the Mbappe thread but nobody mentions the Kelechi, Iwobi, Jesus, Asensio and recently Tammy Abraham comparisons where most kept on saying that Rash was an inferior player only for him to prove everyone wrong.
Mbappe is a different animal IMO, that's why it sticks out the most in people's minds.

And if he was treated harshly here, I didn't see it as any different than what you see in the Pogba, Martial, or Lukaku thread. People get pretty nasty when they're frustrated with the losing.

iHicksy

Put him in that City team and he's scoring close to 30 goals. We were talking earlier in the season about Sterling being the best English forward, at the moment I think Rashford is better. Although, that does coincide with Sterling's form dropping off massively.

VJ1762

Mbappe is a different animal IMO, that's why it sticks out the most in people's minds.

And if he was treated harshly here, I didn't see it as any different than what you see in the Pogba, Martial, or Lukaku thread. People get pretty nasty when they're frustrated with the losing.
I think he is very overrated by our fan base when he has a good game. Like people on twitter randomly pulling out Ronaldo/Henry stats to say that he is performing well. Or putting him on a tier with the likes of Mbappe who is in the top 5-6 forwards in the world. He was so bad against Arsenal, Wolves and Man City. Suddenly, 2 goals against Norwich and he gets all these eulogies written about him. People question his season rating of 5.6 here, but do you forget how bad he was when we lost 1-0 to newcastle away? He has the potential to be a very good player but you are out of your fecking mind if you think he will be putting up Ronaldo numbers. Just pump the brakes a little.

cyberman

I think he is very overrated by our fan base when he has a good game. Like people on twitter randomly pulling out Ronaldo/Henry stats to say that he is performing well. Or putting him on a tier with the likes of Mbappe who is in the top 5-6 forwards in the world. He was so bad against Arsenal, Wolves and Man City. Suddenly, 2 goals against Norwich and he gets all these eulogies written about him. People question his season rating of 5.6 here, but do you forget how bad he was when we lost 1-0 to newcastle away? He has the potential to be a very good player but you are out of your fecking mind if you think he will be putting up Ronaldo numbers. Just pump the brakes a little.
He was a late sub v Wolves and hit the bar as soon as he came on and actually scored v City!
Deary me fella, what a shocking post.

Rolaholic

Put him in that City team and he's scoring close to 30 goals. We were talking earlier in the season about Sterling being the best English forward, at the moment I think Rashford is better. Although, that does coincide with Sterling's form dropping off massively.
I actually think he's more talented and has the potential to be a better player than Sterling.

He's obviously better right now given how much further along in development he is as he has been playing top flight football for almost a decade now and is now he's one of the best players in the league but I genuinely believe that Rashford has all the attributes, physically and especially mentally, to blossom into a world beater/talisman type player

Shark

@NotShark
Why use this as a stick to beat Rashford with, considering his record vs the top 6? if anything, what he did against Norwich is going to bring his stats up even more along with his record in the big games.

iHicksy

I actually think he's more talented and has the potential to be a better player than Sterling.

He's obviously better right now given how much further along in development he is as he has been playing top flight football for almost a decade now and is now he's one of the best players in the league but I genuinely believe that Rashford has all the attributes, physically and especially mentally, to blossom into a world beater/talisman type player
Yup I agree. I actually think Sterling will drop off massively once Pep leaves.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Amazing that Sterling hasn't scored a single goal against us in 17 attempts. We've been bobbins in large amount of this time too. I realise he'll probably score in the return at the Etihad now I have wrote this but I don't really care. Point still stands, no goals in 17 versus your biggest rivals for both Liverpool and City is not good enough. His England record is also less than average.

Maybe, just maybe he's playing in a fabulous team under a genius. Might be that.

OneUnited24

He has a low score because in games we’ve lost he’s done something that clearly cost us the game, so say the caf. In reality his effort cannot be questioned and in games we’ve lost it’s never been our finishing, rather getting into goal scoring positions

Also, name me a player that was good in the city and arsenal games. We were woeful as a team

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The eulogies are written about him cos he has scored 19 goals and 5 assists in 30 appearances. Pathetic post.

Ace of Spades

The eulogies are written about him cos he has scored 19 goals and 5 assists in 30 appearances. Pathetic post.
Even more impressive is the fact that we have not had much creativity in the team. Majority of his goals are not tap ins either, Rashford as well as our other forwards score goals with their own individual effort more often than not.

Robaldo

In my honest opinion he needs to separate himself from the likes of Lingard and Pogba so he can knuckle down and keep improving.

If he does that he will have a great career
In fairness, Pogba's not a hard man to separate yourself from when he's never actually about ;)

zenith

I hope his fitness is managed properly from here on in to ensure there is minimal impact of fatigue and he can keep up his goal scoring form.

If only we can get a proper no. 10 and a RW on the summer, the potential of that forward line is absolutely frightening, given that greenwood and James would then act as impact players.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's looked like he's been struggling with his back for most of the season tbh

Nero

We brought this on ourselves. He's been struggling with this injury for weeks.

Every game he pulls up holding his left hip/lower back. Yet we wheel him out every single game.

This is self-inflicted, not unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.