4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

There's a reason Valencia didn't play on the left, that's my point. Also Martial doing those things better has nothing to do with my point that the expectations for thay role are different and Martial doesn't look as impressive playing off the right. Simply because these players aren't wingers, it's not as easy as saying they just need to cross the ball, if the position was that easy anyone would be able to transition to that position.

He's been very poor so far this season but I'm simply stating playing him from the right isn't the solution to that. Either bench him and make him earn his spot back or play him from the left if the coach intends on playing him through his form.
Ok. Misunderstood what you said. Playing him anywhere isn't the solution.
It's his lack of effort and refusal to pass most of the time that gets my goat.

Womp

idiot
Ok. Misunderstood what you said. Playing him anywhere isn't the solution.
It's his lack of effort and refusal to pass most of the time that gets my goat.
Which is fair, I just don't think playing him on the right benefits anyone. Even when he was playing great for us, he would look a shell of the player when moved out to the right. Just doesn't suit his style, he's not a creative player at all.

I agree though, the lack of effort is really concerning. I think there's still a great player there, he's got the attributes to be a very effective inside forward, but for whatever reason it's just not working for him at the moment. The desire is also lacking at the moment severely in his game. I'm not one to really make assumptions or conspiracies but whatever it is, if he doesn't fix it soon, I don't think he'll be a regular in the team for much longer.

OL29

Do we think he’ll start against Athletico? As poor as his form has been he’s still one of our most productive attackers and the rest he got today puts him at advantage over those who played today.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is good from Ralf. Definitely. We’ve tried everything. Played him on both sides. Starting every game to try and catch form and enthusiasm. Off the bench. Needed dropping badly. Everything else has failed. Hopefully comes back absolutely raring to go.

Jackal981

Do we think he’ll start against Athletico? As poor as his form has been he’s still one of our most productive attackers and the rest he got today puts him at advantage over those who played today.
Hope not with his crap workrate we will get hammered down from whatever side he starts. Elanga has been better and should be given the go.

-Supreme-

Personally I’d play Elanga as he can be trusted with his defensive work.

On current form the only attribute Rashford has over him is pace / counter attacking threat with balls over the top.

Jackal981

This is good from Ralf. Definitely. We’ve tried everything. Played him on both sides. Starting every game to try and catch form and enthusiasm. Off the bench. Needed dropping badly. Everything else has failed. Hopefully comes back absolutely raring to go.
A breath of fresh air ain't it. If Ole was still here he would still start Rashford all the time even though his form has fallen off the cliff. Need a kick in the arse

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Needs massive morale boost in the summer, a coach who'll find him steady & permanent role in new system and most of all - solid pre-season that will gel him back into rhythm.

Giving up on him just sounds depressing, but something must happen positive with bit of help from Rash himself.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Since Greenwood's matter, I'm hoping Rashford can be re-trained converted to a CF/Striker, but that's just me hoping
While Ronnie & Cavani are struggling physically this could be perfect chance for him to achieve just that, but again - it will take some free will from player himself.

So far he looks completely depleted of any mental attributes.

Greck

He really just lost his place to zero competition. How is this even possible? With Greenwood, Martial and Cavani gone. This is as rock bottom as it can come.

Red00012

He’ll start Wednesday I guess ?

I’d prefer this

———-———Fred——-McTominay————

Sancho——— —-Bruno —————Pogba

————————Ronaldo ———————

dal

If he worked hard he would be in this team. For all the charity work that he does and cares about you would think he would also acknowledge that hard work is required in every game, I just don’t get it, he’s either injured or there’s something wrong in his life, this isn’t just bad form, it’s lack of effort.

I thought it maybe tactics but I-don’t believe that anymore.

lost7

Honestly it's shocking how much worse he's gotten. Watching him play a couple of years ago compared to now is like night and day. He's become such a brainless player when in the past he was actually pretty decent at linking up with others.

Really hoping he gets back to the form we all know he's capable of delivering

Greck

Honestly it's shocking how much worse he's gotten. Watching him play a couple of years ago compared to now is like night and day. He's become such a brainless player when in the past he was actually pretty decent at linking up with others.

Really hoping he gets back to the form we all know he's capable of delivering
He isn't really much different. We just messed up his development allowing his IQ to stay the same. Ole's run and shoot tactics didn't help. Watching him try to pick a pass in Rangnick's style is brutal. Is getting brutally exposed in a system that relies on thinking. He basically has to shoot on sight or he's passing the ball into a defender or running into 3 men. We basically destroyed his talented but already deficient mental development. Is now more Walcott than Ronaldo.

He can however still do a good job in counter setups where there's space to run in behind and blast the ball into the back of the net. Very useful ability but he could have been more than just a situational player.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t believe he’s finished, far from it actually. It’s just I was seeing the exact same thing effort wise last season that everyone else is finally seeing this season. The difference is the team was totally set up to help him score and cover his shortcomings and even then he was terrible more often than not. I think he’ll get back into good form again but it may not be till next season. He has to unlearn the superstar team revolves around me work ethic and refine his game to become a useful team player again. He’s just not and never has been good enough for long enough to be a star player in a team that wants to win the biggest prizes. He’s too inconsistent and one dimensional to be our #1 threat again for a long time yet unless something major changes

Greck

I'd be elated if Rashford's only problem was his effort. I'm not as bothered by it because it's simply a matter of reverting to what he has already shown to be capable of. In fact I think it's overstated as a problem. The running/workrate issue isn't as big a problem as the thinking/decisionmaking issue that has seen Rangnick shuffle his position in every game he has played and eventually sent him to the bench. Rashford isn't playable when he has to join the facilitating phase. You wouldn't know because of our forwards but under RR we're actually enjoying a revival of form at every other outfield position, the people struggling are the ones with some significant flaws in the context of system football. It actually speaks to the amazing job RR has done that we are still picking up results with a misfiring frontline.

RedCurry

I get frustrated because I feel his problem can be fixed with some basic instructions but obviously it can’t be that easy. He needs to play with his head up, beat a player, find a pass. Just keep it simple until form comes back. With Bruno, Pogba, Sancho in the team, he will find easy chances to get goals if he can do the basics well.

Corridor of Uncertainty

It's a indication of just how far he's fallen that even with Greenwood, Martial and Cavani all unavailable, he still doesn't get a look in.

I have no doubt he'd still be getting selected game in, game out under Ole. Ralf is above that. The only way he gets back into this team is if he shows some desire and work-rate to do so. I personally don't think he has the appetite for it, we'll see though.

Bwuk

Can’t see him starting tonight. His lack of work rate be worrying.

Jackal981

Feck off. Would be happy to never see him play for us again. Elanga is ten times the player. If I could give him minus rating I would.

slored1

Bench option from now on until the end of the season. After that the new manager should evaluate if we sell him or not. Abomination of a performance.

el3mel

The way he developed is just sad. Had all the potential in the world in his first 2 years at the club but that's what we got ultimately.

Very, very disappointing.

He's 24 and still playing as a 19 years old youngster.

MemeFather

absolute embaressment.
Should spend less time on sending out virtue signal on social issues and focus more on pitch.
Otherwise just retire and become UN ambassador.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Woeful. Just embarrassing, in the senior squad based on name alone. Any of our reserves can put in a better performance than that, he literally is not able to control or pass the ball at this stage, nevermind actually beat a player or get a shot on target.

AFC NimbleThumb

20+ goals the 2 seasons prior to this & played with a shoulder injury last season. He’s been poor recently but he has a place in this squad, we’ve far more pressing issues. With our no.11 no longer looking a prospect we need to bring in a few attacking talents & he’ll either sink or swim.

Telsim

Absolutely, utterly awful. Sell, retire or keep as a sub and sub only.

Status
Not open for further replies.