Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yeah, because that's going to help.
I think football fans let a lot go but not a lack of basic effort. Not when we're struggling and need everyone to try, not when we're getting bettered (apart from the scoreline), not when we're at OT and not when he's paid a fortune to play for us.

If he ran his arse off, harried, chased back and helped Shaw but didn't score or assist, the reaction would be completely different. That's on him not fans.

OT_United

Rashford’s performance today was a disgrace. Got to be something going badly wrong in his private life to warrant that body language. Not going to jump on with abuse, but his United days will be outnumbered soon. Hope he turns it around, but I can’t see it.

RooneyLegend

We're playing forwards as wingers and are surprised they can't do well when they play there.

Jackal981

Need to post more crap on his twitter and instagram. Just shut the feck up and do your talking on the pitch.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I think the charity work really took it out on him, something I was worried about. It’s difficult trying to be good at football whilst also doing what he does. I genuinely think he has to choose what he wants to achieve in or maybe let the food campaign be delegated to someone else

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We're playing forwards as wingers and are surprised they can't do well when they play there.
His first few games under Rangnick he was played in a front two in a 4-2-2-2. Did he show anything more than we saw tonight? I've been reading all week that his best position is from the left, clearly from placed pieces. What did he show tonight from that role?

We need to stop making excuses for our players, not just Rashford.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That situation when he gave up of attacking the ball (after Greenwood's shot) was a complete disgrace. Awful attitude

You need to understand... that match was just because of what happened at the Euros, he was playing on the right, he needs to play through the middle, there's too much expectation on him, he needs to feel like the main man, he needs a manager like Ole to put an arm around him, he needs a manager that demands the best of him, the mental health problem I just diagnosed him with, injuries.

George Beast

What a messed up situation we're in. Cavani and Ronaldo both old, Martial and Rashford both gone backwards and almost unplayable in the worst way. And to think not too long ago I actually thought our squad was one of the best in the world

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is a counter attacking player IMO. When he is up against ten men behind the ball, he just doesnt have the technical ability.

If we let him go for a free tommorow, i dont think Pep or Klopp would take him. Conte would though.

What he wants is piles of space to run into behind. Packed defence and then he is in trouble.

buchansleftleg

I don't think it's anything to do with charity work, being lazy or stroppy. I noticed tonight he seemed to be altering his upper body before he started an actual sprint.

He isn't running freely or normally and seems to be struggling with changing direction at pace. The Greenwood shot was really telling for me. Rashford was just sprinting in an arrow straight line and couldn't react to change direction for the rebound.

His overall demeanour does seem depressed but I wonder if he is having some sort of anxiety about his back issues, similar to how timid Shaw was when he returned from his serious injury.

I watched Shaw for weeks playing in the U23's and he was playing well within himself and was almost avoiding confrontation. Compare that with his combative performance tonight and that gives me some hope that maybe Marcus can overcome this and return to some sort of form.

Jackal981

He is a counter attacking player IMO. When he is up against ten men behind the ball, he just doesnt have the technical ability.

If we let him go for a free tommorow, i dont think Pep or Klopp would take him. Conte would though.

What he wants is piles of space to run into behind. Packed defence and then he is in trouble.
He cant even win footrace anymore. If he served this shit week in week out under Conte he would get killed by him. He cant even beat a dead horse now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Had a great view from the East Stand of him refusing to make mega obvious runs. It was almost to the point that he'd been told not to, but I find that utterly baffling. It forced Shaw to continue running down the wing then cut back and try to get a cross in or pass across the edge of the box, by which point all their defenders are perfectly positioned to deal with anything.

giggs-beckham

Clueless

Wasn't that way when he broke through he was the forward that could beat his man on either wing and look dangerous. He's regressed massively since being 17
In 2016 for England Vardy was brought on I was in Greece on holiday and the whole pub cheered. I was saying no Vardy is a counter attacking striker they're parking the bus! We need Rashford he can beat a man and they were saying I was biased being a utd fan. He came on with like 5 mins to go and beat 2 players to force a corner, I turned round and went SEE.
That Rashford is long gone in my opinion he looks depressed and it looks bad for us as a team and probably rubs off on his team mates.
Didn't we hire a sports psychologist recently?

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
People will still have him in their team predictions for Saturday!!

For the love of feck please give him a month off.
Sick of the mere sight of him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's a troubled man. Looks like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders which is not what you'd expect from a man who has just received an MBE.

This is why I think we need to be careful what we say because to me he looks like his mind is elsewhere right now and it could be anything.

This is not the Marcus Rashford who many fans fell in love with. He's dropped so far from the standard he set himself so something must be going on. Could be the injury of course and maybe he's never going to be that same explosive player anymore after it which would be such a shame.

Ralf need to take him out of the team for his own good though. Give him a break and take stock for a bit.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Wasn't that way when he broke through he was the forward that could beat his man on either wing and look dangerous. He's regressed massively since being 17
In 2016 for England Vardy was brought on I was in Greece on holiday and the whole pub cheered. I was saying no Vardy is a counter attacking striker they're parking the bus! We need Rashford he can beat a man and they were saying I was biased being a utd fan. He came on with like 5 mins to go and beat 2 players to force a corner, I turned round and went SEE.
That Rashford is long gone in my opinion he looks depressed and it looks bad for us as a team and probably rubs off on his team mates.
Didn't we hire a sports psychologist recently?
Mourinho worked him into a winger on the LW who just cuts in. Ole then carried on with it. He is sort of a one trick pony. Get the ball out to him on the LW and where he has a one on one and space. Then he cuts in and either shoots or crosses.

Would pep be able to get more out of him i wonder?

He has to start moving more inside the box. Twice tonight if he had just carried on running he would have had tap ins.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
No he didn’t.

We sang his fecking name. Like the idiots that we are.

He should have been jeered off. He was diabolical. Worse, in fact.

Players hear their names being sang after performances like that and it becomes acceptable.

Ive said it before about both him and Greenwood. They are not good enough for a top team who want to challenge for honours.

Happily get rid of one or both of them if we had the right set up to spend the money wisely, which we don’t.
I heard it with my own ears.

The Bruno sub was booed and the Rashford sub was ironically cheered that he was going off.

clarkydaz

I don't think it's anything to do with charity work, being lazy or stroppy. I noticed tonight he seemed to be altering his upper body before he started an actual sprint.

He isn't running freely or normally and seems to be struggling with changing direction at pace. The Greenwood shot was really telling for me. Rashford was just sprinting in an arrow straight line and couldn't react to change direction for the rebound.

His overall demeanour does seem depressed but I wonder if he is having some sort of anxiety about his back issues, similar to how timid Shaw was when he returned from his serious injury.

I watched Shaw for weeks playing in the U23's and he was playing well within himself and was almost avoiding confrontation. Compare that with his combative performance tonight and that gives me some hope that maybe Marcus can overcome this and return to some sort of form.
i fear its something like his body, maybe ole wrecked him. Once his explosiveness is gone he is finished as a top player. i fail to see how you can swan around Old Trafford with the whole stadium on your back by choice

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
He's a troubled man. Looks like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders which is not what you'd expect from a man who has just received an MBE.

This is why I think we need to be careful what we say because to me he looks like his mind is elsewhere right now and it could be anything.

This is not the Marcus Rashford who many fans fell in love with. He's dropped so far from the standard he set himself so something must be going on. Could be the injury of course and maybe he's never going to be that same explosive player anymore after it which would be such a shame.

Ralf need to take him out of the team for his own good though. Give him a break and take stock for a bit.
Yeah something is definitely up, thing is it’s year two now and he’s been out of sorts.
I hope he can get himself sorted as I’m a big Rashford fan but starting to have my doubts if we’ll ever see that other version of Rashford again as he looks lost.

Fitchett

He's been poor all season, but tonight was his worst performance ever. He looked like he was on tranquilizers! A complete lack of effort, bottling out of challenges, reacting too late.

Ralf needs to take him out of the firing line, hand him over to our new sports psychologist and keep him there until or if he is ready to start playing football, instead of strolling around like a zombie.

Devil’s Trident

Another one. Like clockwork. New launch every week. Gotta admire the creativity.

AshRK

Something is clearly wrong. He had crap games before but he always tried. Today in second half, he just looked lost. It was a sad sight. Hope he regains his form.

UncleBob

Something is clearly wrong. He had crap games before but he always tried. Today in second half, he just looked lost. It was a sad sight. Hope he regains his form.
Nah.

Ralf needs to do something, as Rashford's current situation is neither beneficial to him or the club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He will at some point and there will be much flip flopping on here again when he does.

Seen too many amazing goals from him and performances to give up hope. He's put Trent on his backside number of times. He's been the scourge of City and PSG. There's a good player in him which we've seen ourselves. God know what's upset him so much but he seems so deflated it's hard to watch.

Having people racially abuse him for missing an important penalty probably hasn't helped him either.

OL29

I feel for him as he finds himself in the worst form of his career at s time when the whole team is struggling. I think he’d feel a lot less pressure if the rest of the attack was flying, he could slowly play himself into form but right now, the scrutiny is on him due to standards he’s set himself in the pass and ultimately there’s nowhere to hide. I don’t know how he’s going to do it but I’m still backing him to turn it around, he’s always been fairly streaky so i’m desperate for him to get a goal or assist soon to have something to build on.

Status
Not open for further replies.