4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Said it in the match thread, I'd keep Greenwood over Rashford any day.. and probably would have for the last 2 years.

It's not an injury, he's been back 2-3 months and edged back in. It's not formation, tonight should suit him better, exactly the position I hoped he'd be in (though I wouldn't have started him). He says it's not the off field stuff taking too much time or going to his head and I'm sure he'll get some stupid comments on social media tonight (and I don't want that) then he/his team will say off-field is separate to on-field.. but performances like that don't help that argument.

He CAN run (he did occasionally) but hardly DOES run. And throws his arms up and strolls. Whatever it is, he needs to sort it and not expect to be in our XI until he's sorted it... we can't afford passengers when we're playing like this.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Agree with this.

Martial has by far the better forward skill set. Its a real shame he's been poisoned by the bad eggs in the squad.
Poor old Tony being shit because everyone else is. For fecking years. Regardless of which teammates he plays with.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seriously wondering if the forwards all hate each other. It’s the only explanation surely?
We’ve managed to compile a team of attackers who genuinely have zero chemistry/complement each other in any way. It’s insane.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't buy the "depressed" stuff, I think he's just sulking.

https://mixture.gg/v/61dca56b65757

He's giving it the floppy hands when he should be following up on the ball. And anyway, how many depressed people actually go around with their head down and a face like a slapped arse all the time?

El Jefe

I don't like him at all but I'm beginning to feel for him.

It's beginning to hit home that he can't handle the pressure and expectation of being a major piece of our attack.

Ever since he came through he's been built up as more than he is. Jose made him fight for his place and the media and fans acted like it was treason. He has always been pushed to be the main man for us because he's a youth product and his off the pitch duties. Ole being the weak manager he was fed into all of that and pretty much made Rashford an untouchable. He was guaranteed starts regarless of performance levels and allowed to jog around the pitch doing little to no defensive work.

Now that his goal contributions have dried up he looks like a lazy, disinterested average player and is feeling the full brunt of the fans for that. The only problem is after all the feeding of his ego by the media, fans, Ole and his management team he comes across as unwilling to accept that he's the problem.

Manny

Grammar Police
Seriously wondering if the forwards all hate each other. It’s the only explanation surely?
I reckon they do. Their unwillingness to feed one another in is embarrassing.

Rashford and Greenwood in particular play for themselves. Have done all season. Sancho and Ronaldo look like the only ones who can work together.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Something is off. Don't get me wrong, he's been poor for a while now, but something doesn't seem right.

A lot of us who have played football will know that when you are not happy, it transmits onto the pitch, thus putting in below par performances.

We saw the same with Lingard a few seasons back. Despite people saying he was poor, it turned out that he had a lot of personal issues, which again, showed in his game.

These are not poor players!

It hurts seeing him the way he is on the pitch. A young Mancunian boy, who has supported the club all his life, should absolutely cherish every moment he puts on that shirt, and it just doesn't seem that way at the moment.

Whatever it is, I hope he gets to the bottom of it because I want the old Marcus back.

Ok but the lad is earning £ 200,000 a week!

If his head isn't right then he needs to make himself unavailable for the first team and get himself sorted. He's clearly not thinking about the team just about getting game time.

RedAlert27

He looks like he's still playing with an injury that he's trying to just play through. Hopefully he can sort his desire to play and stamina out, because although he was terrible tonight, he still caused problems with his raw pace, and on the odd occasion his neat footwork. Decision making is still a worry.

ShinjiNinja26

Elanga didn’t do anything that Rashford didn’t do first half, infact he done alot less
He wasn’t on the pitch long but he was full of energy and got down the left and put a few threatening balls in the box. Looked a lot brighter in 10 mins than Rashford did all game and this isn’t a one off either his form has been abysmal for months now.

Ronaldo's Love Child

We don’t have Pogba in the dressing room for many a time already. And, to be frank, our performances have only become worse, as it is now no one who can control the ball.

In terms of body language, Rashford today was like he didn’t give a flying feck about this shit, it was really weird. And the way he stood still instead of trying to go for a rebound was astonishing (in a bad way).

I mean, Bruno obviously didn’t have a good game also, but he at least was involved, he cared - Rashford did not care a curse.
But Pogba is a presence. Was it Mourinho who called Pogba a virus? Anyway, that's going off the point.

I am surprised that people are surprised at Rashford's demeanour. This shit has been going on for over a year. He needs to either shake himself up or take time off otherwise he's being selfish and letting the team suffer

lex talionis

Shockingly abysmal performance. There are US college soccer players who play with more commitment than the Marcus Rashford we’ve seen over the last 12 months.

Born2Lose

It's a sign of how far the club has fallen that the guy has such an elevated position. One of our "star players" is a bench warmer for England.

Very noticeable tonight that BBC mentioned him specifically and Talksport's team went in quite heavily on him too before the match.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should cash in while we can. This is what happens when you don’t burst that bubble. Just hope with Greenwood we don’t make the same mistakes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Just got back, he got jeered off. Something rarely seen as United
Deserved it.

If you can't even be bothered to follow up on shots from teammates what's the point? Greedy too. Could've played Mason in a couple of times (and yes I know Mason is even greedier). Really shocking performance. Plays like he doesn't wanna be out there. So why even play him?

All we've heard is that Ronaldo is bullying the likes of Rashford. Ronaldo was at home tonight. Didn't see any improvement. 'Rashy' was actually worse.

At some point the excuses need to stop for our 'star' players. They need to man up and do something. Not just sulk their way through the season, while expecting the Stretford End to keep s-king them off!

MichaelRed

You'd think that given his background/upbringing he'd show a bit more effort. He of all people should know he's one of the most privileged men on the planet yet he throws a sulk like he's just been asked to walk 30 miles to fetch clean water from the nearest well every time he doesn't get a pass into his feet. Stinks the place out with his attitude & I wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad on current form and attitude.

MyBloodIsRed

How did he not follow Masons shot and slam it home! Omg… the lad is shocking lately. Needs to be playing in the reserves or something or sit on the bench. Needs a making kick up the arse

Last edited:

abailey123

He looks like he’s got the weight of the world on his shoulders. Something needs to change and quick otherwise his united career has to be on borrowed time

Guapa

Coaches need to get a hold of him.Needs to pull his finger out or get acquainted with the bench,needs to work on the basics.

VivaRonaldo85

You know it’s really bad when the crowd at OT are jeering you. I don’t really care what his issue is, physical or psychological. All I know is if you are performing that poorly for this long, he needs taking out the fire and benching for a while and serious questions need asking of him by the management. How can Lingard not be a better option tonight.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Ole for continuously playing him when he had back, shoulder and ankle injuries. Much in the same way he did to Bruno.
Normally. the medically responsible decides who is fit enough to play. Is that not the way at Manchester United as well?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Deserved it.

If you can't even be bothered to follow up on shots from teammates what's the point? Greedy too. Could've played Mason in a couple of times (and yes I know Mason is even greedier). Really shocking performance. Plays like he doesn't wanna be out there. So why even play him?

All we've heard is that Ronaldo is bullying the likes of Rashford. Ronaldo was at home tonight. Didn't see any improvement. 'Rashy' was actually worse.

At some point the excuses need to stop for our 'star' players. They need to man up and do something. Not just sulk their way through the season, while expecting the Stretford End to keep s-king them off!
I'm not one to boo our own players, but I understood it. That walking away from the rebound was the biggest turning point with the crowd.

I will say he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and the hunger has gone from his game. The attitude difference with Elanga was telling, there was an intensity to his game that just isn't present with most of the side.

Lewnited

How did he not follow Masons shit and slam it home! Omg… the lad is shocking lately. Needs to be playing in the reserves or something or sit on the bench. Needs a making kick up the arse
Would be worried if he was in a position to do this to be fair.

nickyboy1981

Rashford has always frustrated me, but then everytime I slag him off he shuts me up, PSG being the prime example and I said I'd never do it again after that! He's getting close though.

Am I reading to much into it or is the reason he stopped for that rebound because he was paddying at Mason not squaring it?

If he was he needs to take a look at himself, they are carbon copies of each other, both need to learn when to shoot and when to lay it off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm not one to boo our own players, but I understood it. That walking away from the rebound was the biggest turning point with the crowd.

I will say he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and the hunger has gone from his game. The attitude difference with Elanga was telling, there was an intensity to his game that just isn't present with most of the side.
The lot of them are too big for their boots. They've had the suits at Old Trafford tell them their gods for so long that they can't hack it being brought down to earth.

Rashford's refusal to even try is criminal. He makes a big play of being Manchester United through and through. His 'team' are constantly pushing it. Show it on the pitch. Nobody is expecting him to turn into Ronaldinho but at least make an effort of chasing a lost cause. If you love Man Utd that much then, surely, you can make as much effort as Elanga to chase down a half chance?

That's why people are turning. All we get from this team are platitudes. Its not just Rashford, its Maguire, its Shaw. Constantly talking. Its like a lad who tells his girlfriend he loves her and then goes banging about. You can't just say it, you gotta show it with actions. All we get from this squad is words. While their agents and their mates brief the media with excuses. As if we're too thick to see through all the BS.

Had enough mate. Just had enough.

K Stand Knut

Just got back, he got jeered off. Something rarely seen as United
No he didn’t.

We sang his fecking name. Like the idiots that we are.

He should have been jeered off. He was diabolical. Worse, in fact.

Players hear their names being sang after performances like that and it becomes acceptable.

Ive said it before about both him and Greenwood. They are not good enough for a top team who want to challenge for honours.

Happily get rid of one or both of them if we had the right set up to spend the money wisely, which we don’t.

Abusian

I think there is a mental issue here: Marcus seems to feel that whenever he gets the ball, he needs to dazzle with individual bits of brilliance rather than make good choices for his team: He showboats; he keeps trying to beat the same player four or five times when one would do; he slows down the play so he can stand majestically with one foot on the ball rather than retaining the momentum; he chooses difficult options when simple ones would be better; and above all he seems to want to appear super- casual as he does it.

It’s all so different from when he was the new kid on the block. Look at his pic at the head of this thread - he seemed so joyful, so happy to be playing for United and keen to prove himself. He was a special player and with good coaching - particularly on the mental part of his game - he can become really special again.

IMO he needs our love, thanks and support. We’re watching him turn from a boy into a man and that can be challenging sometimes. Can’t stand it when so-called fans slag our boys off, particularly homegrown ones like Marcus who has been with us his whole life.

OleGunnar20

Crikeys was he bad tonight. The stropping, the laziness, its all so strange.

He needs to be dropped sharpish. I'd rather see Martial out the way he's acting on the pitch, as if he's been frogmarched out there at gun point or something. Elanga definitely deserves a run out on application alone.

Oh, and for god sakes somebody teach Mason how to pass before he pisses his career away in the same vein.

K Stand Knut

Rashford has always frustrated me, but then everytime I slag him off he shuts me up, PSG being the prime example and I said I'd never do it again after that! He's getting close though.

Am I reading to much into it or is the reason he stopped for that rebound because he was paddying at Mason not squaring it?

If he was he needs to take a look at himself, they are carbon copies of each other, both need to learn when to shoot and when to lay it off.
PSG was 2 years ago.

If you’re clinging to that as the reason to still love Rashford, I’d suggest you reconsider your thought process.

That Might have been his last good game in fairness.

The Purley King

After that “performance “ he should be benched for a month.
The non trying to score a goal in the 2nd half was utterly disgraceful when he just didn’t even try.
Just did not give a shit.
I used to love him but he has turned into Charlie big potatoes and if he has he needs bringing down a few pegs.
If he can’t sort his shit out then he needs to duck off.

MiracleInMadrid

It's a sign of how far the club has fallen that the guy has such an elevated position. One of our "star players" is a bench warmer for England.
This. To me, it is also a testament of the lack of real leaders in this squad, that a player like him gets by performing like this week in week out. In the golden days, he would be teared apart by his teammates - that would either cause a desire to improve or he would be out of the team. But he just doesn't seem to have the drive to perform and improve.

The hierarchy seems truly messed up. Too many players are at the top of it without the right merit. One of the most important things for the right culture is that the players at the top of the hierarchy both set the standard on the field and maintain high standards of training and overall mentality.

Culturally something went horribly wrong in the overlap from Fergies last team and hasn't been fixed since. It has just grown to a monster basically. Right now players who's brought in has too much to say right off the bat. I bet this is why Fergie preferred to sign upcoming stars. They are easier to mould. He only ever signed big stars when he was dead certain that they had the right mentality and wouldn't cause havoc to the hierarchy.

RepardReece

Few of many comments last year that some people bit my head off for (can't quote, threads are locked):

" Said it in the matchday thread. Rashford always plays like he has tonight but then contributes a goal to cover for his dreadful performance.
Not a clue why some people in this thread rate him. Attitude, work rate, and decision-making are atrocious.
Exposed tonight, this is how he always performs, some of you are blinded. "

" Said it in his performances thread, his goal contributions have made his performances look decent this season, when they really are pretty much like it has been tonight.

If he's not fit, why do the medical staff not say otherwise, why does Ole play him and why doesn't he say otherwise himself? Shoddy excuse and he'll be the same player once he gets over this injury..."

I'm absolutely fed up with this guy now, he's only got worse since these comments, at least he was grabbing a goal or an assist back then.

The lot of them are too big for their boots. They've had the suits at Old Trafford tell them their gods for so long that they can't hack it being brought down to earth.

Rashford's refusal to even try is criminal. He makes a big play of being Manchester United through and through. His 'team' are constantly pushing it. Show it on the pitch. Nobody is expecting him to turn into Ronaldinho but at least make an effort of chasing a lost cause. If you love Man Utd that much then, surely, you can make as much effort as Elanga to chase down a half chance?

That's why people are turning. All we get from this team are platitudes. Its not just Rashford, its Maguire, its Shaw. Constantly talking. Its like a lad who tells his girlfriend he loves her and then goes banging about. You can't just say it, you gotta show it with actions. All we get from this squad is words. While their agents and their mates brief the media with excuses. As if we're too thick to see through all the BS.

Had enough mate. Just had enough.
Great post...summed it up. Agree with every word, especially the second paragraph.

Eddy_JukeZ

I miss the player before the back injury.

He needs a serious rocket up his ***.

It's infuriating how lazy he's gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.