4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

What bugs me the most is the complete lack of desire, especially to help out at the back, especially when even Ronaldo does his bit now and again. He just strolls around the pitch like he truly cannot be bothered

Pickle85

He has been horrendous but I am not ready to give up on Marcus yet. Hope he turns it around.
Agreed. I do think there's still a player in there but he just looks so low on confidence and interest at the mo. Starting to fear he'll need to go elsewhere to gave a hope of getting back to anything close to his best

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What bugs me the most is the complete lack of desire, especially to help out at the back, especially when even Ronaldo does his bit now and again. He just strolls around the pitch like he truly cannot be bothered
It’s so strange. He must be aware of the fans frustrations. He must hear them. But they want him to do well. All he has to do is charge round a bit and put in a tackle or two. He’d get a great response. And he could feed off that energy. But he just… doesn’t… In fact, he does the opposite. So weird.

Anustart89

Echoing the sentiments in here. Way too lazy and the fans aren’t buying it. Unfortunately, seeing as our club is more of a PR machine than a football club there’s no chance he’ll be sold unless he bangs Joel Glazer’s wife.

RedDevil@84

He seems to be mentally absent. Hasn't he also gone quiet on his off field works? Seems to need some medical help tbh.

But then again, I am not a doctor and body language FC can only make that many guesses.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He was always pretty bad. He would hide it with moments but he was always a shockingly limited footballer.

People really forget how common these dreadful spells have been with him. But people were too busy blaming Mourinho and phantom injuries to highlight it. He’s awful.

A West Ham player if there ever was one. His contract is a disgrace.
This. The only time I thought he had a chance to ascend was the half season before his back injury. He was skinning players left and right and looked constantly dangerous, even if he still had a bit of sloppiness to his game it felt like he had leveled up. But since then he's not only regressed, he's lost his biggest advantage over other players (pace and explosiveness).

-Supreme-

His effort and attitude on the pitch is completely different to how he wants to be perceived through the media.

Have we ever had a much lazier youth product?

His off pitch charity work appears to have gone quiet too. That reiterates to me that there’s something going on that the fans aren’t privy too.
You'll be seeing a lot of off-pitch stuff soon. He's bringing two books out in the next 5 months. Well...'he's'.

A fiction book coming in May entitled The Breakfast Club Adventures and a self help book in July called You Can Do It: How to Find Your Team and Make a Difference.

His agency put out this release on Monday:

Both releases will be significant publishing events. We will execute an extensive multi-channel marketing campaign supported by journalists from national print and broadcast media, as well as leveraging the high engagement @MarcusRashford Twitter and Instagram accounts, which will allow us to reach across all consumer groups. Macmillan Publishing will be gifting thousands of copies of each book to schools across the country; expertly weaving social justice with cross-market branding for increased media and consumer engagement.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was scoring for fun vs Pool & Chels not that long ago and now he's dangerously heading into Lingard's territory of low self esteem and confidence.

If he's disappointed with how the club works at the moment he should just express it, or perhaps change it on the pitch. Just do something, ffs. Overall defeatism this season is unreal.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Elanga was busting a gut in attack & defence, and got his reward with the red card with Dunk.

Whilst he comes late on and strolls around again shirking the team duty, undermining all of the teams efforts. That after a few days prior, his nonexistent tracking back directly costing us the goal vs Southampton.

There's no way he's not aware that his lack of tracking back is being exploited by opponents at this point.

His attitude is absolutely horrendous, how is he not ashamed really? Ronaldo hasn't played well for ages, but he doesn't hide or feel sorry for himself, and that's why he's the legend that he is.

He needs to give his head a major wobble. If this is his attitude, he doesn't deserve to play one minute.

Last edited:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
You'll be seeing a lot of off-pitch stuff soon. He's bringing two books out in the next 5 months. Well...'he's'.

A fiction book coming in May entitled The Breakfast Club Adventures and a self help book in July called You Can Do It: How to Find Your Team and Make a Difference.

Maybe achieve that in your day job before writing a book about it?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Honestly, if a player put in the performance under Fergie, he’d be out the team for 2 months and booted out of the club in the summer if they didn’t improve the next time they played.

His attitude is a disgrace, and made worse by his posturing in the media and the ridiculous books he’s putting out. How to find your team? Ffs, Taking the absolute piss.

L1nk

It’s so strange. He must be aware of the fans frustrations. He must hear them. But they want him to do well. All he has to do is charge round a bit and put in a tackle or two. He’d get a great response. And he could feed off that energy. But he just… doesn’t… In fact, he does the opposite. So weird.
Yeah like, I've been laying into him recently but I want him to do well, more than most of the players in our squad I want him to do well, he's one of us but my god he's been making it so difficult to support him for a good long while now. I'm reminded of the match we played some weeks back where the ball rebounded in the box and he didn't even attempt to to challenge it, just slowly watched the keeper snap it up, and yeah maybe he wouldn't of got there but he didn't even try. I mean the only thing I can believe is that something is going on either mentally or physically that is impairing him from doing his job, i've never seen him this bad, totally disinterested, no focus, no desire. It's my view he was at fault for the goal scored against us last week where Dalot had to be dragged out to cover, which then dragged Varane along out with it which left the space for them to score, all because you could see Rashford lazily jogging back and letting the man run that Dalot had to go and cover, I was genuinely looking at my tv in disbelief at it. Sancho looks ten times the player he is right now.

PoTMS

It seems like it was another one of those days for him. I hope he doesn't expect to make the England squad with these shocking performances.

AndyMUFC

Continued where he left off in the second half on Saturday night. Absolutely awful cameo and he's been terrible for weeks. Something is definitely not right with him.

Kag

I can just about tolerate the shit performances (he’s far from the only one), but his attitude is just reprehensible. Genuinely.

Mopes about at the first hint of failure and has no interest at all in actually tracking back.

The only conclusion I can come to is attitude, as he wasn’t doing any of this shite when he first broke through. He’d bust his arse every week.

If we weren’t going to be so hopelessly under stocked in attacking areas, I’d be shipping him off elsewhere in the summer. He’s lucky that we’re shite.

RedIan

Really crap again.. i watched him closely. He lost possession (one of many) and could have then run to win it back but chose to stand Around looking dumb. No wonder ralf dropped him..
Just make an effort Marcus, that’s enough for me. Not trying is not good enough.

SparkedIntoLife

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he is suffering with depression.
Hate to speculate on a player’s private life but this looks most likely to me. It’s a gut feeling for me as someone who also struggles with it. I think this would be important to maybe be open about because it kills some of the unsavoury speculation such as something akin to the shit with Mason.

Every time I’ve heard Rashford talk he seems extremely passionate. He cares too much, if anything. He’s bright and probably gets stuck in his head a bit. Especially with all the noise and mess around the club.

Some people who haven’t experienced depression don’t understand the physical effect it can have on the body. It makes one very tired, wanting to hide away, and can obviously affect sleep and diet which affects the body’s performance, vulnerability to injury, muscle fatigue etc.

It’s not even as if it can be resolved through rest. That can almost be the worst thing for it at times. So shielding him isn’t exactly the wisest opinion if he’s depressed.

My personal take is that Rashford is probably the type of man we can most be proud of as a United player in the current squad. He’s a special person and I hope the fans treat him with due love and care while he gets through whatever this is. There’s still a tremendous player in him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He wants to model himself on Ronaldo's tricks, but Ronaldo's determination & will to succeed when things aren't going well for him are what actually define him. The rest is all worthless without that. If only he would grasp that.

Like how can he watch a Ronaldo at 37 who's legend status is set in stone, but similarly going through a tough time. Watch him finally get his reward by always giving his all, but then come on and still stroll around like he's given up already. I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Bobade

That press release wouldn't be out of place in the Hypernormalisation thread. The last bit in particular.

Mr PG

First time I have felt...something just not right about him. Maybe long covid or depression etc who knows. Ralf is not smart not to take him out of the team for a few weeks....seriously.

stw2022

Injuries, personal issues, depression, long COVID, energy crisis, the situation in Ukraine, them cancelling Neighbours…when do we get to: maybe he isn’t very good?

It’s been the elephant in the room for a while. He has been exposed at this level for longer than some will care to admit. Difference is now the whole ‘maybe if he had more surgery he’d be inclined to track back’ is starting to sound ludicrous even to those who want to offer it as an excuse

For the level we aspire he’s an exceptionally limited footballer. The time for pretending there’s anything deeper than that, a conspiracy, a surgery, a girlfriend, a rest, a smile, a political cause, a new position, fresh haircut, a counselling session - is surely over and the cold facts are he just isn’t very good?

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't know why he has been so useless for so long. Last season he said he was playing with injuries. But this season he has already taken his time to recover, but still playing absolutely shite. Are there any more excuse?

hobbers

Not just the total lack of ability but the collapse in work rate is staggering.

Comes on so far into a game that we're winning, a man up against a tired but determined Brighton, and still just wandering about. Looking sad and clueless.

Just embarrassing.

Actually makes me think back to the era where we'd be throwing Welbeck or Chicharito on in a similar situation and they'd bust 3 guts chasing down every ball and probably score a goal.

klayton88

Agreed. I do think there's still a player in there but he just looks so low on confidence and interest at the mo. Starting to fear he'll need to go elsewhere to gave a hope of getting back to anything close to his best
Low on interest? Makes me laugh. Maybe he needs another 300k a week to perk his interests up.

Kaos

It seems like it was another one of those days for him. I hope he doesn't expect to make the England squad with these shocking performances.
He shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad, not with the attacking options they already have.

Rashford wouldn't even make the 30 man shortlist at this current form and work ethic.

IWat

He was shocking at the end of last season and was quiet at the Euros and it was put down to the shoulder injury he was carrying which did make some sense. I do wonder if potentially the surgery was not a complete success and he still has issues with that shoulder? As that's all that really makes sense given it was stated as the cause of the initial drop in form last season, which has never recovered since.

IWat

Injuries, personal issues, depression, long COVID, energy crisis, the situation in Ukraine, them cancelling Neighbours…when do we get to: maybe he isn’t very good?

It’s been the elephant in the room for a while. He has been exposed at this level for longer than some will care to admit. Difference is now the whole ‘maybe if he had more surgery he’d be inclined to track back’ is starting to sound ludicrous even to those who want to offer it as an excuse

For the level we aspire he’s an exceptionally limited footballer. The time for pretending there’s anything deeper than that, a conspiracy, a surgery, a girlfriend, a rest, a smile, a political cause, a new position, fresh haircut, a counselling session - is surely over and the cold facts are he just isn’t very good?
"Exposed at this level" - He's been playing at the same level since he was 18 with his output getting better and better up until last year when he had the shoulder issue.

I don't think he's in the very upper echelons of his generation. But 22 in 44 with 17 in 31 in the PL in 19/20 for being 22 at the time is hardly bad.

3KDré

I wonder if we'll ever see early 19/20 Rashford again... he was owning that left side.

Nicolarra90

If he was bad he would always have been bad.

Maybe his off field work is causing him emotional trouble, conflicts and maybe even depression.

But I see no other explanation for him to suddenly look so uninterested and numb.

Hopefully it's not depression. Depression is a very serious problem.

Depression kills people.

Status
Not open for further replies.