6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

His productivity is increasing but he played better before he injured his back under Ole.

He is our only winger with power and speed at the top level. Antony will develop into the other I’m pretty sure about that. We need another one in backup which I think will be Garnacho. These players have the character, I don’t think Sancho does.
Nah, this is the best he's been. He's using his strength more now and defenders can't deal with him because he's an athletic freak. He's also using his left foot which means defenders can't read him any more either. I actually didn't think he was capable of this level even at his best under Ole.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He certainly looks happier, but it cant be just that.

It has to also be that he is fit, injury free, being coached and playing in a functional team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City like to push their full backs high so they’ll no doubt be a lot of space out wide so I think ETH will keep Antony and Rashford high up at times.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I still can't believe southgate just gave him 5 mins when trailing. He is on top form and would have definitely done something more useful that foden against France.
Foden should have been played in the middle where he’d of been more useful and rashford and saka out wide. Southgates clueless though… he’s a bit like Solskjær, favours players and then plays them players all the time even when it’s not working.

SATA

Top player and I wouldn’t swap him for Mbappe because Marcus will always be one of ours. However we can get Mbappe over here to play with him together :drool:

LInkash

I don't think many people saw this coming.

I'm a big Rashford fan but even I was beginning to have my doubts and starting to believe that maybe people creating threads with Saint Maximin comparisons had a point.

OverratedOpinion

He is the first player in modern football since a young Rooney that I root for this much. Just seems like such a lovely lad and so bloody good.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
By far the best he’s been. Focussed, doesn’t give the ball away cheaply, plays rhe pass when irs a better option, clinical, no strops on not receiving pass as he would like, workrate!, defensive duties. Turnaround is remarkable and now we get to see the player we all hoped he would turn into when he first broke into the team. Hopefully will be a contender for POTY at this rate.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he can kick on in the league this year then it’s fair to say it’s been a comeback of epic proportions and he can lay claim to being one of the best forwards out there. My main gripe with him was that he was hyped as such, paid as such and given the role of a player who was going to win you matches and he walked around looking like he’d rather be anywhere else. You have to fancy him to score against anyone really in this kind of form. I wonder what it will be like for him playing off a target man. His running and timing has become a lot more economical and aggressive. He is finishing with power and even challenging for headers and scrappy 50/50s. Amazing turnaround really.

Strelok

His productivity is increasing but he played better before he injured his back under Ole.
Agree.

He was basically unplayable against everyone for a period including Spurs and City. I still remember him hitting the post against Spurs and City. What some sensational goals those would have been. At that moment I was thinking he's on the verge of turning world class, a level similar to what Bale was at Spurs before his move to Madrid. Then he got injured and never been able to reproduce that kind of performance again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is he in the top 5 in form players right now? If not then top 10?

NoPace

Foden should have been played in the middle where he’d of been more useful and rashford and saka out wide. Southgates clueless though… he’s a bit like Solskjær, favours players and then plays them players all the time even when it’s not working.
I was surprised that Southgate didn't bring on Alexander-Arnold for Stones when France scored and just moved Walker inside to mark Mbappe anyways. You're down a goal to the defending champions with 20 minutes (including injury time) to go and you brought a fullback who passes like Beckham and hates defending and has struggled as a wingback. Why the hell bring him if not to use as a hail mary. Rashford should have gone too, as you say Foden inside and no Mason Mount, who has some strengths but just isn't the same quality as those guys.

RedStarUnited

He certainly looks happier, but it cant be just that.

It has to also be that he is fit, injury free, being coached and playing in a functional team.
…..And negotiating a contract?

I really hope its not but cant escape the feeling.

Womp

idiot
…..And negotiating a contract?

I really hope its not but cant escape the feeling.
You can rest easy. When clubs like PSG have publicly come out and said they'd be all over Rashford if he ran down his contract, I think it's fair to say he's not just playing for a renewal as he would have his choice of suitors if he was to leave us.

Rolaholic

Great piece and look into all the work behind his resurgence

Last edited:

OverratedOpinion

Looks like a decent passer in this comp.
Yeah I would say he can be a little inconsistent as a passer but on occasion and almost at random he can pull out an absolute worldie that De Bruyne would be proud of.

The pass at around 1:30 of that video to Greenwood is absolutely stunning.

Woziak

Nah, this is the best he's been. He's using his strength more now and defenders can't deal with him because he's an athletic freak. He's also using his left foot which means defenders can't read him any more either. I actually didn't think he was capable of this level even at his best under Ole.
Don’t write Jadon off yet, he’s still young and has elite ability personally I think he will be a better number 10 in time.

Raven

Don’t write Jadon off yet, he’s still young and has elite ability personally I think he will be a better number 10 in time.
I'm not writing Sancho off at all, he's a great talent and I'm sure he'll get back to it again.

Zoo

Man on fire. Wonder what the watching Southgate was thinking.

Lecland07

Great decision to leave the ball for the Fernandes goal. I would put that as his best moment, even though he did score.

Great player.

Still, think he was injured, though - his movement didn't seem right.

arnie_ni

Great decision to leave the ball for the Fernandes goal. I would put that as his best moment, even though he did score.

Great player.

Still, think he was injured, though - his movement didn't seem right.
By both. Bruno was obviously roaring at him to leave it. Heads up play by both

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Deserved a goal - was the biggest open play threat in the first half.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His movement is awesome, combin that with his pace he is always a goal threat.

el3mel

Honestly pretty damn happy for him to to get the winner. He has been on a great form this season and these 2 chances in the first half would have left a bad taste in the mouth if it ended with us losing.

Womp

idiot
Really think he could be our starting striker. He just can do no wrong at the moment. Man is creating match winning moments.

Idxomer

A very good 1st half, but disappointing in the 2nd till the goal which was a great finish.

lost7

First half I think he was our only threat, but probably should have scored at least one of the 2 chances he had (even though they weren't sitters by any means).

But then crucial in both goals, he's playing at an absurd level at the moment, long may it continue

Status
Not open for further replies.