g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Selfish. Looked determined to score himself tonight. Tunnel vision. Did his best late 30s Cristiano impression.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This excuse again? Seriously, it’s so obvious that it had nothing to do with his fitness.
The same Rashford that has busted a gut in every game? Players play when not fully fit. Shocking I know.

You really think he half assed it on current form and is fully fit? No chance

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Rashford has scored 20 goals plus in the two of his last 3 seasons and is on 16 in January. What the feck is he if not that? Stick to the gifs.
You can't be serious? :houllier:
This thread is like reading RAWK
some of you don't even realize when he's bad or how good he actually is - overrating him for doing the minimal work and then it backfires massively and all of a sudden the excuses pour in. He's playing injured? He's not 100% fit...
fecking hell

acnumber9

That's a brilliant little spin so well done on that, but he wasted promising positions when he CLEARLY should have kept the ball moving instead of taking on 3-4 defenders. He put his stats before the team and that's a fact no matter how many clever spins you can come up with.
If that’s clever then I’ve given you too much credit. I’ll leave you all to it.

-Supreme-

The same Rashford that has busted a gut in every game? Players play when not fully fit. Shocking I know.

You think his selfishness and poor decision making are down to fitness today, seriously?

Womp

idiot
Before his streak most people wanted to sell Rashford and came up with original names like Rashford... during his streak some thought he was as good as Mbappe.

Truth is that he can be a very good player, he just isnt a world class player (yet hopefully). He will have bad games like today. Not because he is injured or cares more about his streak than about his team but just because he is a very good player who sometimes will have a bad game. It will be fine if on his bad days other players make up for his bad game but today nobody in the attack really had a good game.
I think when on form he is amongst the best in the World for his position, he just seems to have a very low floor. Considering he's been great for 2 of the past 3 seasons and immense for a good part of recent memory, I'm hoping this was just a bad day at the office and not something to do with him not being fit or something to do with his ego or a poor mentality, because he seems like the only player who can score in this side at the minute. Guess we'll see depending on how he bounces back.

UDontMessWith24

Nobody is saying he half assed anything, why is this so difficult to understand? He went after stats at 1-0 and wasted promising attacking positions to put the game away. You NEVER put your stats before the team at any level.

Idxomer

Rashford rarely busts a gut, he has one of the lowest defensive stats for a forward in Europe and that has been going on for years.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How come when everyone else has a shit game, it's because they had a shit game, but when Rashford has a shit game it's because he must have some kind of phantom injury or fitness issue?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
some of you don't even realize when he's bad or how good he actually is - overrating him for doing the minimal work and then it backfires massively and all of a sudden the excuses pour in. He's playing injured? He's not 100% fit...
fecking hell
I mean, you're factually wrong, the other poster is right. Rashford has scored 20 goals in 2 out of his last 3 seasons and is on course to hit it again. Like, what even is your point?

Walters_19_MuFc

Just goes to show how reliant we are on him. Has a poor game and we look clueless in the final third. He needs help! He'll have off days.

We saw the same thing on Saturday with Haaland. City had one shot on target.

cletus7

Could he be playing with an injury? Performance pretty inexplicable otherwise. Nearly everything he did was just awful. Maybe still not right psychologically.

Womp

idiot
fecking hell
You made a comment that we had no 20 goal a season players, he correctly pointed out Rashford is one and then you went off on some weird strawman rant, classic stuff

GifLord

I mean, you're factually wrong, the other poster is right. Rashford has scored 20 goals in 2 out of his last 3 seasons and is on course to hit it again. Like, what even is your point?
Since when has Rashford scorerd 20 league goals?
Some of you... :annoyed:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Just goes to show how reliant we are on him. Has a poor game and we look clueless in the final third. He needs help! He'll have off days.

The only other in form attacker is mainly on the bench

UDontMessWith24

How come when everyone else has a shit game, it's because they had a shit game, but when Rashford has a shit game it's because he must have some kind of phantom injury or fitness issue?
He had a s*** game because he decided to chase a goal at all costs, sacrificing the team's chance of putting the game away. That's completely different from just having a bad game.

RaulitoElCrack

Very selfish performance. Terrible decision making. Not all on him but since our offense is massively reliant on him, when he is bad it really stands out.

Swiss_Red89

Usurprisingly this thread still has more posts after a bad game from him than after the ones in the previous weeks.
Definitely quite a few with an agenda against the lad in here.

He was really bad today though.

GifLord

He doesn't like certain players, if you know what I mean...
We're talking about the league here. Rashford has never in his life scored 20 goals in the league.
I want whats the best for this club while some of you would rather arse lick certain players.

UDontMessWith24

Bollocks. He consistently throughout the match chose to be selfish and chase a goal when we had promising counter attacks. We're not reliant on him, he just chose the stats over the 3 points. Absolutely nothing in common with Haaland's performance against us on Saturday.

Cassidy

Looked poor as well today, they completely nullified all our forwards tbf. Think their physicality was just too much for us.
He wasnt poor. Infact he forces a save and also feeds Rashford the ball in the box twice having been on the pitch 10 mins

Cassidy

He's been good, but doesn't really contribute in the goals department. Obviously still a young player though, so no doubt this will improve.
He is not a starter. He creates goals, his output is very good

Walters_19_MuFc

Bollocks. He consistently throughout the match chose to be selfish and chase a goal when we had promising counter attacks. We're not reliant on him, he just chose the stats over the 3 points. Absolutely nothing in common with Haaland's performance against us on Saturday.
What did Antony and Weghorst do then? Don't worry, I'll wait.

MichaelRed

He assumed we'd win & went all out for his personal record. Ridiculous, brainless performance like the Rashford of old. I'd be absolutely berating him if I were Garnacho or Bruno right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.