6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Threesus

I think Leeds knew about his threat and marked him heavily in the first half. They put 2 or 3 men on him at all times and tracked his runs very well. That’s why he was not in the game at all and one of the reasons why garnacho was always free to run into space on the other side. Once he moved centrally/ left half spaces with Leeds tiring, he was much more involved.

The truly top players can affect the game even if they are marked heavily(like mbappe, Neymar etc), but rashford is not that, so it is what it is.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I think Leeds knew about his threat and marked him heavily in the first half. They put 2 or 3 men on him at all times and tracked his runs very well. That’s why he was not in the game at all and one of the reasons why garnacho was always free to run into space on the other side. Once he moved centrally/ left half spaces with Leeds tiring, he was much more involved.

The truly top players can affect the game even if they are marked heavily(like mbappe, Neymar etc), but rashford is not that, so it is what it is.
Heavily marked, out of position, and in a team that's not doing well? There's literally nobody who can consistently affect the game from that situation. Messi, Mbappe, Neymar especially, have all struggled multiple times.

Sylar

Great goal.

That's three headed goals this season, a vast improvement.

According to PL stats of the 70 goals he's scored in the Premier League, 6 have been headers.
Wasn't one on his debut against arsenal?
I remember Rooney being poor at headers, worked on it then he scored an insane amount in a season

Btw 20 goals this season into February (with a world cup in the middle) is a fantastic return. Im so happy for him

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Mbappe & Neymar couldnt get past AWB!
:lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

Wasn't one on his debut against arsenal?
I remember Rooney being poor at headers, worked on it then he scored an insane amount in a season

Btw 20 goals this season into February (with a world cup in the middle) is a fantastic return. Im so happy for him
Yep, that's the 2-0 goal.

Marcus had 21- and 22-goal seasons before, but you can definitely feel something is very different and more potent in his game. The last time that I've had quite the buzz with a player after such a major transformation was with Gareth Bale in his last season at Spurs.

Andersons Dietician

The guy is on fire. If Sancho and Antony are fit should probably play him up top instead of weg until Martial is out of the Phil Jones institute for health and well-being.

jem

Ricky has a massive agenda against Rashford and Bruno. Always has and always will.

The guy wanted to start Dan James every game as well.
He also, bizarrely, seems to have something against Casemiro. It's puzzling.

jem

His point seems to be that Trippier is dangerous and he wants a more defensively sound winger on that side but then he prefers Sancho to Antony on the other side.
I mean I don't Martial is as lazy as people make him out to be, but when I think of defensively sound wingers, Martial's name doesn't exactly spring to mind.

CloneMC16

He also, bizarrely, seems to have something against Casemiro. It's puzzling.
Bloody hell. Haven't been watching much this season, but him not liking Casemiro surprises me. Maybe it's because he's basically a replacement for Matic. He loved that guy.

jem

Bloody hell. Haven't been watching much this season, but him not liking Casemiro surprises me. Maybe it's because he's basically a replacement for Matic. He loved that guy.
I think it’s because he has a weird fondness for McTominay

chris123

Considering the aerial ability he has shown the past few games, I'm really not sure why Marcus can't just end up being our long-term number 9? The only "weakness" I would probably pick out is his hold-up play, but if any potential striker is going to cost 100M+, we could do worse than Antony/Rashford/Sancho as our front three.

AaronRedDevil

Seems like rashford learned from Ronaldo on how to score headers. The way he leaps in the air is familiar.

footballbite

Osimhen who?!?!?!

(yes I'm aware Utd will still need to sign another CF in the summer, but Rashford has been excellent when used there in recent months)

Considering the aerial ability he has shown the past few games, I'm really not sure why Marcus can't just end up being our long-term number 9? The only "weakness" I would probably pick out is his hold-up play, but if any potential striker is going to cost 100M+, we could do worse than Antony/Rashford/Sancho as our front three.
I agree with your initial point - but Antony and Sancho on the flanks still lacks pace, consistency and goal threat overall - one way or another Utd will need to sign at least one additional top class attacker in the summer for one of the slots.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Yeah back to goal is the clear weakness, but he’d do well to look at Weghorst and keep it simple. Tries to do too much sometimes when playing nine.

How many to catch Haaland :wenger:

Leonzo1

Top 5 players in the world on current form. Where the hell did this heading ability came from? Think he had about 5 headed goals in his entire career before this season. Ridiculous form.

Superunknown

His form at the moment is outstanding. He's showing his class and he's one of the best players on the planet right now. Exactly the player I was hoping he would grow to be. Well done, Marcus.

redshaw

Best header I've seen from him, a classic strikers goal.

ETH and Benni have been great for him it seems.

saivet

He's playing better as a no.9 and I think we should be starting him there

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Beautiful header. He's really improved a lot in the air. He would have never scored that a couple seasons back.

He's such an odder player. Can do nothing for 89 minutes, but you can rely on him to bury a chance if he gets it.

Frank White

Stepped up when it mattered with a lovely header and a shame he couldn't keep onside for the goal there at the end was another really good finish.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wow. Has he been really practicing his headers or what.

CloneMC16

Man can head the ball now. Quality header. Turned into a top quality forward for us this season.

Sgreddevil

Someone in the coaching team must have improved his headers by miles. I don't remember he scored any header in the past seasons but he has already gotten couple of them in this season alone. With a decent header competency, he will have the potential to be a real deadly striker

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashford only needs one sight of goal at the moment. Haven't had a player with this kind of threat since Van Persie in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.