6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I’d really like to see him start up top vs Leeds.
I agree. We've seen recently how Rashford has built up his physical strength to the point where he's barging defenders off the ball when cutting inside from the left: his goal against Wolves was a prime example. I think now he's ready to fill in at centre forward in some games as he has the tools to play with his back to goal. A front 3 of Sancho, Rashford and Antony (when they're all on form) is a tantalising prospect.

Frank White

anyone seen this, talking about dropping Rashford for cup final :nono:

The definition of talking just to talk but even then his whole point is to drop Rashford (who is one of the most inform player in the league) to stop Trippier and his answer is Martial......

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
His point seems to be that Trippier is dangerous and he wants a more defensively sound winger on that side but then he prefers Sancho to Antony on the other side.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Can’t start him on the right again. Our best player at the minute. Start him where’s at his best, on the left or up front. Too good at the minute to move him to accommodate others. We pretty much took our best player out of the game for the first 45 mins

acnumber9

What a leap for that header. Shame we wasted 45 minutes with him on the right.

Idxomer

Another game where he scores playing as a striker, a wrong decision to play Weghorst instead of him up front.

Frank White

No idea why we wasted a full half of playing him RW anyway lovely goal but hopefully that means the end of Rashford out right. Push comes to shove he could play down the middle but if Wout is playing the left should be his by default.

Bwuk

He should play upfront until the end of the season.

Let Garnacho/Sancho/Pellistri/Antony etc fight out for the wings.

saivet

Taking Rashford away from the LW to play as the CF is fine but he's just not good out on the right for us.

I think we should keep him as our CF until Martial is fit at the bare minimum.

Mike Smalling

It's remarkable that it was only minutes after being shifted to Weghorst's position that he did was Wout is supposed to do - head in a cross.

There isn't much he can't do these days. And his goal stats will always look less impressive than they are, because he so rarely (or never) gets a hattrick against cannon fodder to pad his stats. All of his goals seem to count for something.

Dominos

We should probably end the Weghorst experiment and just put Rashford up front for most games.

City/Palace he's switched from the left to striker and he's scored soon after. He's just in red hot form no matter where we play him. And we'll gain more from getting Garnacho or Sancho in the team alongside Rashford.
It feels like he's still suffering from his reputation from previous years that he's poor up front and needs to play on the left.

He's electric on both the left and up front at the minute. Every time he's moved up front mid-game he scores.

His best position is irrelevant at this point we just need to make sure weghorst is on the bench. Sancho/Garnacho/Antony can cover the wings until Martial is back in the team.

Please God keep him away from the right wing.

Chief123

anyone seen this, talking about dropping Rashford for cup final :nono:

Wow he chose to not only leave Rashford out of the final but thought it would be a good idea to play Martial on left wing instead where he’s not played for over 2 years!

Irwin99

Only two goals away from matching his best season tally at the club.

acnumber9

20 plus goals in 3 of the last 4 seasons. And some lunatic here claimed he wasn’t a 20 goal a season player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel like he's progressed massively through the middle but we've been so short of attackers that we haven't had the chance to play him there when Martials been out.

Would like to see Sancho - Rashford - Antony front 3 these next games

reelworld

Taking Rashford away from the LW to play as the CF is fine but he's just not good out on the right for us.

That's just saying that he should play upfront for the rest of the season.
Which, with the way it's going, I agree wholeheartedly

BlueHaze

So forever then..

CloneMC16

You familiar with this guy? :lol:
Yeah. He features on The United Stand every now and again. Haven't watched as much this season, but I saw him on there the prior two. He always loved certain players (Martial, Mata, Matic, James, McT, VDB, Sancho). Massively disliked others (Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, AWB, Fred).

I guess he's like a lot of fans nowadays. He has obvious favourites and refuses to give praise to the players he doesn't like. Holds an agenda.

NoPace

It's remarkable that it was only minutes after being shifted to Weghorst's position that he did was Wout is supposed to do - head in a cross.

There isn't much he can't do these days. And his goal stats will always look less impressive than they are, because he so rarely (or never) gets a hattrick against cannon fodder to pad his stats. All of his goals seem to count for something.
Our football improved with an actual RW out there and with Rashford in place of Weghorst up top, so we got into better crossing positions.

UDontMessWith24

His effectivity playing up front increases dramatically with a playmaker in the front three, especially when Sancho starts to resemble the player he was at Dortmund.

criticalanalysis

It feels like he's still suffering from his reputation from previous years that he's poor up front and needs to play on the left.

He's electric on both the left and up front at the minute. Every time he's moved up front mid-game he scores.

His best position is irrelevant at this point we just need to make sure weghorst is on the bench. Sancho/Garnacho/Antony can cover the wings until Martial is back in the team.

Please God keep him away from the right wing.
He was poor at the beginning of this season in the 9 position. It's not a reputation at all as it didn't suit him and he wasn't natural at it. He's improved a lot more recently though (like literal last few months) as he's enjoying taking more responsibility and obviously has supreme confidence.

His effectivity playing up front increases dramatically with a playmaker in the front three, especially when Sancho starts to resemble the player he was at Dortmund.
Yup this also.

Zetrio2002

It's amazing. This is the Rashford we wanted to see. Becoming the best player that he can be.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Just play him as a 9 until Martial is fit.

GueRed

Great goal.

That's three headed goals this season, a vast improvement.

According to PL stats of the 70 goals he's scored in the Premier League, 6 have been headers.

Marwood

I wonder how many goals in his entire career he's scored from the right hand side of the pitch.

OverratedOpinion

Brilliant header.

He was not at his best on the ball but he is always such a threat in behind that it pins teams back, unfortunate to be hacked down when he was bursting past 2 of there players to run clear as he scores or creates something in 8 out of 10 of those situations.

Darlington Padgett

Rashford should be starting as a striker now that Sancho is back. I'm really impressed with how good of a striker he is now. I believe that might be down to how strong he is now and he's more composed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.