6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

I think 35 goals for the season is genuinely a realistic target for the way he's playing at the moment. Pretty much carrying our attack.

Frank White

Funny how he scored again today, the salty agenda boys have to wait another game to bitch about him. Sorry lads.
Is funny how one of his seemingly biggest detractors has too (well doesn't have too and is appreciated) post GIFS of his goals :lol: sad thing is wouldn't bet against people being upset that he's turned it around judging off of how some of them talked about him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It may sounds petty, but i like how he celebrated the goal today. Just go wild with fans and teammates, then do your own trademark thing.
It just feels right.

Robbie Boy

It may sounds petty, but i like how he celebrated the goal today. Just go wild with fans and teammates, then do your own trademark thing.
It just feels right.
How is that petty? You're spot on. Finally this team has a connection with the fans again and it's a beautiful thing.

Ladron de redcafe

We're only half way through the season. We want 40 or more!
He's much more than a goal scorer. He already at 26 goal contributions and will almost certainly hit 30+ again. Which not United player has done since Rashford and Bruno did so in 2021.

jem

Is funny how one of his seemingly biggest detractors has too (well doesn't have too and is appreciated) post GIFS of his goals :lol: sad thing is wouldn't bet against people being upset that he's turned it around judging off of how some of them talked about him.
Why do you guys waste your energy worrying about a fringe minority of posters/fans. Most fans will see it for what it is: a remarkable turnaround for a player who was absolutely dire last season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How is that petty? You're spot on. Finally this team has a connection with the fans again and it's a beautiful thing.
Because celebration is just not that important, as long as the player performs on the pitch. But I don't know.

Probably we're such old school guys who prefer simple things.

Sylar

I saw some places give him the assist for the penalty too

Robbie Boy

Because celebration is just not that important, as long as the player performs on the pitch. But I don't know.

Probably we're such old school guys who prefer simple things.
I'm loving the connection these players have with the fans again. It's honestly been a joy to watch. We have lacked any identity for far too long, and the fans and players have had zero connection. To see the buzzing atmosphere again, the players giving it their all and the general connection, has been amazing.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm loving the connection these players have with the fans again. It's honestly been a joy to watch. We have lacked any identity for far too long, and the fans and players have had zero connection. To see the buzzing atmosphere again, the players giving it their all and the general connection, has been amazing.
I actually disagreed players hugging fans during this time. COVID thing is still running rampage. But yeah, connection with fans (in other ways) is a joy to watch.

Robbie Boy

I actually disagreed players hugging fans during this time. COVID thing is still running rampage. But yeah, connection with fans (in other ways) is a joy to watch.
Not the hugging; just the general connection, and the commitment from the players.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not the hugging; just the general connection, and the commitment from the players.
It helps that no one playing like a primadona, and everyone putting in a shift. That was what drew me to United at first time. Not just the quality of play, but those energy and believe are just as important. Even an armchair fan like me can see it on TV. Fans in stadium would even feel it amplified.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s looked exceptional the last few times he’s gone up top - so powerful and having that intense threat in behind central creates so much space elsewhere. I’ve never rated him there before but I’m thinking if Sancho can get back fit Sancho, Antony and Rashford could be the first choice front three.

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't particularly have a great game but he's become one of those players, especially in the last couple of months, where he doesn't necessarily need to. He's a match winner and long may it continue.

NoPace

He’s looked exceptional the last few times he’s gone up top - so powerful and having that intense threat in behind central creates so much space elsewhere. I’ve never rated him there before but I’m thinking if Sancho can get back fit Sancho, Antony and Rashford could be the first choice front three.
My guess is we see this away at Barcelona unless Martial is totally fit.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A reminder he was getting absolute pelters in the match day thread :rolleyes:

JeffFromHK

One thing he could still improve is that he loves shooting with his laces too much, which results in the ball flying over the bar many times

He could make more attempts shooting inside of his foot even in mid-range attempts (~15-20yards)

Olecurls99

One thing he could still improve is that he loves shooting with his laces too much, which results in the ball flying over the bar many times

He could make more attempts shooting inside of his foot even in mid-range attempts (~15-20yards)
Agree

Telsim

Considering the performances on the other wing and the state of the striker position, we'd be fecked if he goes off injured.

Swiss_Red89

He's become such a complete player. He can play from the left and take players on. But he also can jump into some kind of playmaker role, as he has shown several times yesterday. His passing is so underrated imo. (The pass to Shaw before the penalty...brilliant)

He's started scoring and assisting with his left foot...feck me, he's even scoring typical poacher/CF Goals I already thought he will never be capable of regularly. He also scored a Ronaldo type "Jumping header" vs West Ham.

His goal collection this season really has all varietys of Goals. Even his biggest fans, I'm one of them, couldn't forseen such a transformation in such a short time.

Like Manchester, Rashford is red :devil:

Last edited:

December_16

There was a half chance where he cut inside in the box and shot with the inside of his foot, ball was rising over the bar too. His goal against Arsenal was 100% lace through And it was perfect. Don’t think it’s the shooting technique, it’s just luck sometimes.

SATA

Not exactly a tap in goal yesterday but I would love for him to go into the box and score more of such goals. Ruud was such a master of it

sourdough satellite

Why do you guys waste your energy worrying about a fringe minority of posters/fans. Most fans will see it for what it is: a remarkable turnaround for a player who was absolutely dire last season.
tbf, it was an utterly bizarre reaction from GifLord: imagine a United fan losing his shit because other United fans are praising a United player in the form of his life. I've never seen anything like this extreme even in a football forum.

devil99

He should learn some shithousery to help teams cause. After the red card , he was not bothered about bit of time wasting or keeping the ball few extra seconds like Fred was doing.

jem

tbf, it was an utterly bizarre reaction from GifLord: imagine a United fan losing his shit because other United fans are praising a United player in the form of his life. I've never seen anything like this extreme even in a football forum.
Oh I totally missed that!

Beech

I think with Marcus it was simply a case of him focusing on things outside of football too much and taking his eye off the ball. Add to that a lack of confidence in a team that has often been dog muck, and it's no surprise that a player that already has hot and cold periods throughout his career looked really poor for a while. At his best he's the best of his kind outside of Mbappe. Someone that doesn't neccessarily play well in games, can often frustrate and give the ball away, but can suddenly hurt you from nowhere. His ability to score all types of goals is one of his biggest strengths. It's fantastic to see him smiling again as he's a genuinely good guy and deserves all of the accolades he's now getting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.