6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

How many career goals does he have for United and where does he stand in our all time goal scorer list?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He needs another seven goals to beat andy cole and another twelve goals to beat ole. Rashy is currently in 19th place.
That's impressive at 25 isn't it? 5 more 20 goal seasons and he'd be knocking on Rooney's record, hard to imagine me even dreaming that last year.

Real Name

Haters is such a stupid term, at least with regard to any half-way rational fan. I criticized Rashford big-time last season as I thought he was diabolical; stunningly so for a player who had shown such promise. I'm elated that he's now becoming the player we all imagined, but that doesn't change how badly he sucked last season.
You may think it's stupid but it exists. Also why does the bolded part needs to be repeated 150 times already.
He sucked last season, he's been doing great this season. Why constantly bring up the last season in which the whole team was pants?

Last edited:

Real Name

this might not be the best metric but he was 81 rated this FIFA and priced 6.5 on FPL, that’s telling how tragic he was last season. Sometimes people aren’t haters just rightly critical of an underperforming player
Criticism is normal. It's not normal when it goes way over the top.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I guarantee he is going to drop the biggest stinker of the season against Barcelona. You can bet your house on that.
I think he'll be class against Barca but even if he drops a stinker I don't mind.
Before (the last 1.5 years-ish), it was he'd drop 5 stinkers in a row and play 1 world class game.
This season, he's been playing excellent for many games in a row with the odd stinker here and there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can guarantee that he drops a 2/10 performance at Southampton. The guy is suited for counter attack football, and we only had about 30% of the ball. Hope we don’t make the mistake of extending him.

That aside, I thought ten hag was supposed to be the Dutch guardiola. Yesterdays game was not that much different from any of the big games under ole. Are we sure he is an upgrade?
I thought we could finally relegate this guy to the subs bench with the signing of Antony, but looks like the chances of that happening are slim this season.
Expect a dire performance tbh.
I can’t believe that a mediocre player like him has so many stans in this forum. It definitely reflects our decline when people are defending these kinds of performances.

Can anyone honestly say that he is among he top 15 wingers in the world? Because that is the caliber of winger that we need to get back to the top/ to win the biggest prizes. I hope his stans can understand this point one day.
In any case, I hope he doesn’t go to the wc. Will probably get injured and then stink up the rest of the season with his fanboys here defending his performances.
Rashford is not a good player, but I don’t think we need cruijff quotes for that. I mean Cruijff was critical of van basten and that’s one of the greatest strikers ever.

I thought that the video was good. It’s a nice skill. There is also no need to assign brownie points for that.Who remembers dembele failing epically when he was unveiled at the camp nou? And nobody in their right mind would argue that rashford is a better player than him.
His last 3 games have not been good. I still feel someone like coady gakpo would have been nice, if only to give some competition.

Still way off where people like mane and salah were at the same age.
Don’t think they had a prolific no 10 like Bruno though. And it’s not like he tracks back like them anyway. He is always on the half way line waiting for a counter, so for a guy who is solely focused on attack, his stats are not eye popping.
I guarantee he is going to drop the biggest stinker of the season against Barcelona. You can bet your house on that.
Absolute clown in this thread.

and he's one of many. So yeah he definetely had "haters".

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's not dips in form, it isn't a bad patch. His performances aren't inconsistent. It's a decline. An obvious, evident, undeniable decline over a significant period. I still don't understand the reluctance to accept that from some.

Players in their mid 20s who are shadows of who they were in their early 20s usually don't become much better in their late 20s. Development doesn't really often work like that. Hoping it will for Rashford is like hoping Barrymore makes a comeback
He's where our attacks go to die. But that's fine because he's simultaneously playing well and getting back to his best but still struggling with injury and that's why shouldn't be so mean to him for being shit.

Quite a feat when you think about it
It's impressive the lengthens we still see people going to avoid the obvious conclusion that like the vast majority of players who looked promising in their late teens and early 20s he's turned out to be not very good.

"Maybe it's the crushing pressure of a social conscience in Tory Britain"

Yeah, that's it.
Nah what he had was lightening pace and the fearlessness of youth. Outside of that this technical attributes were never particularly noteworthy.

Honestly think his pace, and even the goals and assists he was producing, kind of tricked us into thinking he was a better player than he actually was.

The game is full of bang-average players who have a season or two that, in isolation, can make them look like superstars. In his best league season he scored one more open-play goal than Greenwood and he had far more game time.

At some point you need to show more than simply knocking it by the last defender and running like feck.
The successful public facade of 'home grown lad, loves the club, bleeds red' when for the longest time he's had the workrate and application of the worst kind of 'lazy overseas player who regrets signing and wants out of the club ASAP and wears gloves when it falls below 14 degrees' is the most impressive public relations achievements that can be attributed to any professional athlete in the last 10 years.
Better late than never for the 'I can't understand why people are talking about his performance in his performance thread' post

Sad thing is there used to be about 12 of these, now just one
Unsure why he's not called out on it more. It's not just that he's limited, it's that he's not arsed. He isn't even bothered to challenge in the air to the point where his attempts at winning headers almost look sarcastic.

And yet, to a very significant degree, he still gets away with this 'United through and through, poster boy' act. He's probably the least 'United player' we've had in a long time.
He cares about the club too much, which caused him to have a fall out with his partner that led to kids starving and a Messiah-like mural of his very image to shed a tear that sent distracting shock waves across the world

Has a player with as little raw talent and ability achieved such high celebrity status in Football?
Another clown. Was prolific in the Rashford thread till the WC but has posted once since the WC. I wonder why.

and again, there are many more.

Big_Bro

Rashford is improving, he's still not a finished product. Still has to work on his positioning, finishing, headers, pressing and others. But he is on the right track, his potential is frightening.

Reactions: Invictus

Frank White

Haters is such a stupid term, at least with regard to any half-way rational fan. I criticized Rashford big-time last season as I thought he was diabolical; stunningly so for a player who had shown such promise. I'm elated that he's now becoming the player we all imagined, but that doesn't change how badly he sucked last season.
Just check out the post quoted by @KM also a hater of the term hater but it's literally the perfect word for them lot.

JeffFromHK

Rashford is improving, he's still not a finished product. Still has to work on his positioning, finishing, headers, pressing and others. But he is on the right track, his potential is frightening.
Rashford is a 2 goals in 3 games striker now, if he improve his ability to score those scrappy goals on a rebound or 1 yard poacher tap ins, he can easily upgrade himself to a 3 in 4 striker.

Improving on his hold up play would be nice too

Swiss_Red89

Haha go one lads. Calling out the clowns.
You can bet they will come back to this thread shitting on Rashford as soon as they get the next chance.

RedDevil@84

It is not a given.
Barca will be preparing specially for him, so it is possible he has multiple players trying to stop him. That can help our other players score or our other players can do good and force Barca players to give Rashford more space.

jem

You may think it's stupid but it exists. Also why does the bolded part needs to be repeated 150 times already.
He sucked last season, he's been doing great this season. Why constantly bring up the last season in which the whole team was pants?
Because of the ‘I told you so’ revisionist theme that has run through a number of posts - that’s why.

jem

Yeah those posts are outrageously dumb - I wonder if people hold his off-field exploits against him (would be ridiculous but wouldn’t be surprised.)

RuudTom83

Is he going to continue developing into a real no.9 or will he settle into the LW spot?

Sancho/Garnacho would hate the latter, and United’s accountant would love the former.

Will be interesting to watch him in EtH’s second season.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
How about just writing is he good at the moment or not, from both camps?
Personally think the ‘I told you so’s are important. They show us not to get too harsh on someone not performing at the moment because they can improve. Us fans tend to get too caught up in our own opinions but we have to realise they don’t mean shit.

The people who were shitting on Rashford keep claiming that they were just calling it as they saw it and that they were fair to criticise him when he wasn’t performing, but that’s blatantly false. Some were merely critical yes, but a lot here were openly hateful, calling him spoilt, finished, T-Rashford, blaming his political involvement, etc.

These people need to be made fun of and any recourse to “well I was only being fair” doesn’t fly as built into their desire to get rid was the assertion that he wouldn’t improve. And they have been proved false on that and they should accept being wrong instead of keeping justifying their stupid takes.

Last edited:

pacifictheme

Personally think the ‘I told you so’s are important. They show us not to get too harsh on someone not performing at the moment because they can improve. Us fans tend to get too caught up in our own opinions but we have to realise they don’t mean shit. No club should listen to fans for personnel decisions.
Not true. We definitely need to sign the next messi

Real Name

Personally think the ‘I told you so’s are important. They show us not to get too harsh on someone not performing at the moment because they can improve. Us fans tend to get too caught up in our own opinions but we have to realise they don’t mean shit.

The people who were shitting on Rashford keep claiming that they were just calling it as they saw it and that they were fair to criticise him when he wasn’t performing, but that’s blatantly false. Some were merely critical yes, but a lot here were openly hateful, calling him spoilt, finished, Rashford, blaming his political involvement, etc.

These people need to be made fun of and any recourse to “well I was only being fair” doesn’t fly as built into their desire to get rid was the assertion that he wouldn’t improve. And they have been proved false on that and they should accept being wrong instead of keeping justifying their stupid takes.
Yeah but then you just go round and round in circles. One camp says he's shit and when it's proved he's not the other says I told you so. As for bolded part I agree completely, there were some awful takes about him and it even happened recently.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Yeah but then you just go round and round in circles. One camp says he's shit and when it's proved he's not the other says I told you so. As for bolded part I agree completely, there were some awful takes about him and it even happened recently.
Why’s that a circle though? One camp says he’s shit, when it’s proven wrong the other camp says told you so, the first camp hold their hands and say they probably shouldn’t be so harsh in the future and done. There’s no cycling. The cycling is just from the people who refuse to accept they were wrong before and keep justifying their bad takes.

Real Name

Why’s that a circle though? One camp says he’s shit, when it’s proven wrong the other camp says told you so, the first camp hold their hands and say they probably shouldn’t be so harsh in the future and done. There’s no cycling. The cycling is just from the people who refuse to accept they were wrong before and keep justifying their bad takes.
Well that's what I meant, people who wont admit they were wrong and keep repeating how bad he was last year keep the circle going. :)

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Well that's what I meant, people who wont admit they were wrong and keep repeating how bad he was last year keep the circle going. :)
Gotcha. Yeah all the complaining about the ‘I told you so’s is so backwards. As if the people who weren’t bed wetting are at fault for pointing out that the bed is wet.

Gordon S

Wow!
One of the best attacking players on the planet at the moment and people are still seething!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In ridiculous form.

Let's hope it lasts until we can get him some help in the summer.

slored1

One of his best ever games and that is saying something. What a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.