Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
In my eyes, Rashford hasn't really been on it since Barcelona at home and his effort levels have really dropped. In the final vs Newcastle, he barely attempted to track back and support Shaw despite continual overloads. If that were any other member of our team, they'd (rightly) be getting pelters. Same happened yesterday, except this time he didn't score (or even have a shot?) either.

Valencia Shin Crosses

In my eyes, Rashford hasn't really been on it since Barcelona at home and his effort levels have really dropped. In the final vs Newcastle, he barely attempted to track back and support Shaw despite continual overloads. If that were any other member of our team, they'd (rightly) be getting pelters. Same happened yesterday, except this time he didn't score (or even have a shot?) either.
If he really ditched the hard work and grew the ego back for a fecking good half of a season, then I don't know what to say, the guy will never be great. You can't really say he's not fit either, you can see he's still explosive when he runs and moves.

We better see a different Rashford tomorrow or I'm going to be livid

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
If he really ditched the hard work and grew the ego back for a fecking good half of a season, then I don't know what to say, the guy will never be great. You can't really say he's not fit either, you can see he's still explosive when he runs and moves.

We better see a different Rashford tomorrow or I'm going to be livid
Yeah, it's really disappointing that we have some players with endless potential and talent, moving into the primes of their career (IMO Rashford, Shaw, Martial), yet their application can be so inconsistent over the course of a season.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Credit where it’s due.

I just think Newcastle outplayed him and his style of play or how we utilise his doesn’t make room for recovery. Trippier had his number and never allowed him to use his pace to affect.

Andersons Dietician

Some of the bad habits creeping back in. The one good thing is that Shaw now seems to give him absolute pellets for not doing his job and tracking back where previously Shaw just seemed to let it slide.

Been a long season for him and he probably is carrying a few knocks and just general tiredness meaning the standards are slipping there but hopefully this won’t become the norm and he can get back to working as hard as he was before.

CG1010

Even as his big fan, I'd say he can only be a supporting cast of a succesful team, and not the main man. He is not mentally adept and as soon as he reaches a new high, he drops off.

Kinda reminds me a bit of Hazard in this respect.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Feel like we have the same old people now coming out of the woodwork to try and scapegoat Rashford now he's gone a few games without a goal. It's so bleeding transparent.

The truth is he's playing in a totally and utterly abysmal front 6. Without Casemiro, Eriksen and Martial our front 6 isn't even top 10 standard and that's not an exaggeration either.

Without his goals this season god only knows where we would be. We certainly wouldn't be in a top 4 race that's for sure and I doubt we'd even be in the top 7. Erik Ten Hag would be in a world of trouble too.

Antony hasnt been great at all, Weghorst is a waste of space and Sancho hasn't improved one iota. Garnacho has had a few good cameos but he's still very raw and obviously he's injured anyway at the moment.

We are so so reliant on Rashford. We can't win football games if he doesn't play well. That's not a good sign at all for this team.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes fine, had a poor game, its allowed.
The rest of the front line though….

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Feel like we have the same old people now coming out of the woodwork to try and scapegoat Rashford now he's gone a few games without a goal. It's so bleeding transparent.

The truth is he's playing in a totally and utterly abysmal front 6. Without Casemiro, Eriksen and Martial our front 6 isn't even top 10 standard and that's not an exaggeration either.

Without his goals this season god only knows where we would be. We certainly wouldn't be in a top 4 race that's for sure and I doubt we'd even be in the top 7. Erik Ten Hag would be in a world of trouble too.

Antony hasnt been great at all, Weghorst is a waste of space and Sancho hasn't improved one iota. Garnacho has had a few good cameos but he's still very raw and obviously he's injured anyway at the moment.

We are so so reliant on Rashford. We can't win football games if he doesn't play well. That's not a good sign at all for this team.
Literally nothing you have said there excuses him from not putting a shift in during a crunch game like that.

It’s so fecking frustrating because, every now and then, he has a match where he leaves it all out there. So we know he has the engine to show more than he did on Sunday. If the mood takes him. The fact he half-arsed this most recent performance is on him and him alone.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Literally nothing you have said there excuses him from not putting a shift in during a crunch game like that.

It’s so fecking frustrating because, every now and then, he has a match where he leaves it all out there. So we know he has the engine to show more than he did on Sunday. If the mood takes him. The fact he half-arsed this most recent performance is on him and him alone.
Again this is a myth that he didn't put effort in. He probably tracks back no less than other wide forwards do for other teams.

Considering he's the only player we have who knows where the goal is he should be playing upfront. That's until Martial can start regularly again of course.

Don't get the hate constantly with him. Without him we'd be all calling for Erik Ten Hag to be sacked because we'd be mid table at best.

Gavinb33

Absolutely hilarious as usual a bad game and it's always the same comments he can have a bad game feck anyone can, we only feel Rashford having a bad game more than most because no one else can score, it can't always be down to him the other players need to pick it up when he isn't on form but there is no one else either in form or who could do it so we come back to Rashford or bust he cannot do it alone.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Absolutely hilarious as usual a bad game and it's always the same comments he can have a bad game feck anyone can, we only feel Rashford having a bad game more than most because no one else can score, it can't always be down to him the other players need to pick it up when he isn't on form but there is no one else either in form or who could do it so we come back to Rashford or bust he cannot do it alone.
It's just so incredibly frustrating yet so predictable. Some fans will just never accept him despite the fact he's easily our best attacker.

Rashford has 27 goals....next best in the squad is Bruno with 10. Antony has 7.
Says it all.

Although a lot of his detractors on here were the ones who said Sancho was going to join and push Rashford out of the team 2 years ago so I don't know how much we should listen to them anyway. Hahaha

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Again this is a myth that he didn't put effort in. He probably tracks back no less than other wide forwards do for other teams.

Considering he's the only player we have who knows where the goal is he should be playing upfront. That's until Martial can start regularly again of course.

Don't get the hate constantly with him. Without him we'd be all calling for Erik Ten Hag to be sacked because we'd be mid table at best.
Now that really is a myth. He’s in the 10th/11th centile for players in his position for tackles/interceptions. And has been for years.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Now that really is a myth. He’s in the 10th/11th centile for players in his position for tackles/interceptions. And has been for years.
Even if say Antony tracks back more so what? Hes fecking useless. 7 goals and 1 assist. Rashford has 27.

Why are we trying to pin the blame on the front runner for the Utd player of the year? I can't get my head around it. If we had somebody else contributing upfront we would be comfortable in the top 4.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Even if say Antony tracks back more so what? Hes fecking useless. 7 goals and 1 assist. Rashford has 27.

Why are we trying to pin the blame on the front runner for the Utd player of the year? I can't get my head around it. If we had somebody else contributing upfront we would be comfortable in the top 4.
Again. You’re creating fictions. Literally nobody is blaming him for anything. They’re commenting on his last performance, in a thread about his performances. That’s how this forum works. If anyone is getting the wrong end of the stick here it’s you, trying to discuss Antony in a thread that isn’t about him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Again. You’re creating fictions. Literally nobody is blaming him for anything. They’re commenting on his last performance, in a thread about his performances. That’s how this forum works.
Read some of the comments. Clearly not just about one game at all. Absolutely ridiculous to say that.

'Purple patch over'. 'All same weakeness back'.

Give it a few days and we will have the meals on wheels comments again no doubt.

Marcus Rashford has carried this team this season. In fact he's papered over a lot of cracks that are still here.

Valencia Shin Crosses

This isn't "hate" for him. It's people being peeved watching him stand around while Shaw was 2v1 constantly all game at Newcastle. Stop referencing his fecking goals and being an apologist for him, no one here is doubting how big he's been for us this year. That doesn't excuse a blatant lack of defensive work.

Jesus the constant need for this fan base to just excuse away everything because of what a player did in a different game is maddening.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This isn't "hate" for him. It's people being peeved watching him stand around while Shaw was 2v1 constantly all game at Newcastle. Stop referencing his fecking goals and being an apologist for him, no one here is doubting how big he's been for us this year. That doesn't excuse a blatant lack of defensive work.

Jesus the constant need for this fan base to just excuse away everything because of what a player did in a different game is maddening.
I'm sorry but the hate this lad gets is a joke and you know it.

Weghorst, Sancho n Antony are much bigger problems than Rashford is.

When we play a decent side which of our forwards do you think they fear most?

soapythecat

Sometimes I feel he’s more effective through the middle, especially when he’s struggling out wide. He was very poor at the weekend.
He’s just one of many players who are struggling at the moment….who is actually playing well?

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'm sorry but the hate this lad gets is a joke and you know it.

Weghorst, Sancho n Antony are much bigger problems than Rashford is.

When we play a decent side which of our forwards do you think they fear most?
Literally no one hates him! You're making this up in your head, ffs everyone here has called him world class all season and many said he was the best player in the world after Mbappe. And again no one is saying he should be benched or that he isn't any good, there's no need to stan this hard for him.

This is the MARCUS RASHFORD performance thread, I'm not going to come in here and discuss Jadon Sancho. Pretty simple, he was a bit of a lazy cnut Sunday and it upset some people especially in a vital away game where we already were going to struggle to control the game without our best midfielders.

Hughes35

I think he's absolutely made to play with somebody like Kane. He had nobody to link up with on the weekend.

I know Son has been poor this year, but Kane brings the best out of this type of player as he drops deep and plays in his Strike partner / Winger.

redcafe_reader

It's funny how all Rashford defender all use the same deflect "what about Sancho Wout Antony" etc, like there are some formula, or they are from the same school, company etc

Sancho Wout and Antony is criticized a lot more than Rashford already, and this is not their performance thread.

He's our best forward, doesn't mean we can't criticizing him for lack of effort (which is a problem for years). DDG is our best GK, Maguire used to be our best CB, doesn't mean we can't criticize them or want to upgrade on them.

All fan want for him is just try his best and don't down tool. It's that simple but none of his defender can acknowledge that.

Dve

Eager to see Rashford up front. This season he has developed a lot as a finisher, and I'm sort of tired of seeing him on the left, not tracking back, and mostly losing the ball after failed dribble attempts. I think Rashford could be the nr. 9 we were hoping to sign this summer.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Eager to see Rashford up front. This season he has developed a lot as a finisher, and I'm sort of tired of seeing him on the left, not tracking back, and mostly losing the ball after failed dribble attempts. I think Rashford could be the nr. 9 we were hoping to sign this summer.
I feel the same but it’s hard to be hopeful when he’s so often underperformed in that position. Which is always followed by pleas to let him play in his best position, on the left. He’s just not the type of player who can handle receiving the ball with his back to goal in crowded central areas.

Now here’s hoping this reverse jinx does the trick!

Dve

I feel the same but it’s hard to be hopeful when he’s so often underperformed in that position. Which is always followed by pleas to let him play in his best position, on the left. He’s just not the type of player who can handle receiving the ball with his back to goal in crowded central areas.

Now here’s hoping this reverse jinx does the trick!
He has 10 starts as nr. 9 this season, scoring 6 goals + 2 assists. I'm not so sure left wing is his best position anymore. Until this season, Rashford was never the sharpest finisher but now he has developed into pretty much everything what you want from a striker. The wingers should seek to assist just as much as scoring goals, and they also need to put all their heart into defensive work. Rashford instead, always thinks finishing first, and looks half bothered when having to track back. I'd like to see him as a striker rest of the season, and then perhaps we'll come to that a new left winger (e.g Felix) could be just as good an investment. Jet to see, but imo worth a shot.

adamwest

Looked fecked for the last 10 mins or so? Passing it on then looking away. Anyone else see that? Solid performance though.

Rustyspider13

Back at it. Made that finish look comfortable. Wish he would look for his teammates a bit more in certain situations but I think his selfishness is justified for this season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's so clear how much more dangerous we are playing him at the 9 instead of Weghorst, my god.

You can tell he's not really a striker just based on his instinct to turn and dribble instead of linkup, but it's so much better than anyone else bar Martial that we have that it doesn't matter and he creates danger anyways. Very good game

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Having him look a bit more like his old post-World Cup self and seeing Martial look tidy as well was a massive breath of fresh air after watching a little bit more Wout Weghorst than I ever really needed to see over the past few weeks.

MadMike

It's so clear how much more dangerous we are playing him at the 9 instead of Weghorst, my god.
Day and night.

It was obvious from 5-6 games into Weghorst’s United career that the best option was Rashford up top and Garnacho/Sancho left until Martial got back. With Weghorst being used as a sub or when Rashford needs a rest. But instead, we chose to persist with Wout for 19 matches straight.

Rolaholic

Getting hard to make a case against him as our POTY, who knows where we'd be in the table without his goals

Oranges038

Back at it. Made that finish look comfortable. Wish he would look for his teammates a bit more in certain situations but I think his selfishness is justified for this season.
Aye, might be harsh but there were a number of occasions where 1/2 touches pass and move was on and he just tried running it. Ended up nowhere.

Can't have many complaints when he's scoring the winner.

Rustyspider13

Aye, might be harsh but there were a number of occasions where 1/2 touches pass and move was on and he just tried running it. Ended up nowhere.

Can't have many complaints when he's scoring the winner.
I think he's gotten too used to playing with non threatening players like Wout and has developed a habit of doing it all by himself. Hopefully with Martial's return we'll see a more balanced version of him. He and Tony have always had great chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.