Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I doubt he is fully fit to be honest. Rashford would probably play through minor injuries for United, but not for England.
I also believe he had some kind of knock. Such as where you wouldn’t miss Euros or WC but not bother for qualifiers.

UDontMessWith24

Level of energy can only be excused by injury, in which case he at the very least shouldn’t have started.

rajds89

I’m thankful that he took the last week and a bit off, did him wonders today..

kundalini

That looked like a performance from last season. Miserable work-rate. Barely noticed any runs off the ball. On the few occasions he did get the ball, he typically gave it away cheaply.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He is still capable of these weird games where he just looks completely disinterested. Gets the ball, stands there with it, wiggles his foot over the ball, passes it backwards.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is the purple patch over?
We best hope not because nobody else knows where the goal is. Our January striker signing still doesn't have a single PL goal despite playing every single game since he signed. Hahaha.

KjaAnd

Why does he have these matches where he decides he doesn't want to try. Can't remember him doing anything at all today. Didn't make any runs, didn't take on his man, didn't press, didn't defend. It's just completely unacceptable when you're the star of the team.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If he's not scoring he doesn't bring a lot to the table, if anything he's a liability defensively.

FerociousCorgis

Was absolute shite today and basically left Shaw 2 vs 1 all game.
It was so obvious from the very get go. People were ripping Shaw when he was constantly 2v1 thanks to rashford. No idea what the plan was. His effort off the ball was diabolical today

paulscholes18

If he's not scoring he doesn't bring a lot to the table, if anything he's a liability defensively.
He should only play as a 9, as his work rate and decision making isn’t good enough to play LW at the highest level consistently.

Bwuk

This is the worrying thing about Rashford.

He has patches where he's unplayable. Then reverts for a while.

Trippier wasn't even given a fight.

ti vu

Hope it's just a short dip in form. If he had another burned out period, we're fecked. Can't see where the goal come from.

Stretfordender

Great when the going is good, doesn’t work at all when the chips are down.

Could tell by his body language that he wasn’t up for a battle today. Imo Weghorst is no way good enough for united but at least he puts a shift in trying to close down out of possession, marcus has to be better.

Sylar

Hopefully with martial back (and another threat) we can see him excel a bit more

Tiber

The magical run is well over, but hopefully he levels out better than today.

Eddy_JukeZ

He wasn't good today, but he barely got the ball in good positions and I think Weghorst hampers him a lot.

If he had a striker that could pull defenders away from him, he'd thrive even more.

I also think it's instructional of him not tracking back as much, but we should press more from his side then(or have Rashford engage in the press).

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
There was a reason 9 times out of 10 their attacks came through our left. Shaw was a sitting duck.

Credit to Antony on supporting Dalot. Rashford just wasn't there.

Baneofthegame

He wasn't good today, but he barely got the ball in good positions and I think Weghorst hampers him a lot.

If he had a striker that could pull defenders away from him, he'd thrive even more.

I also think it's instructional of him not tracking back as much, but we should press more from his side then(or have Rashford engage in the press).
If it's instructional then someone isn't doing there job somewhere, because Shaw was constantly overloaded on his side.

redcucumber

Yeh, his lack of application in defending is ridiculous. I love the guy but he's got to put in more of a shift to help out Shaw.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was so obvious from the very get go. People were ripping Shaw when he was constantly 2v1 thanks to rashford. No idea what the plan was. His effort off the ball was diabolical today
It’s never not diabolical. One of the stand out features of his game. His defensive stats have consistently been among the very worst in the league for his position. I keep thinking we’ll get a manager who will convince him to change this. Evidently ETH is not that manager.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He is still capable of these weird games where he just looks completely disinterested. Gets the ball, stands there with it, wiggles his foot over the ball, passes it backwards.
Yep, I hope it’s him just not being match fit after his injury rather than him regressing again

ZH1

We've seen this soo many times from Rashford, it's not fitness, it's attitude.

He has attitude issues, he has a good couple of months and he suddenly thinks he doesn't have to do the dirty part of the game. He tried to take on his opponent once yesterday, he failed and did not even attempt a dribble after this, he was slow with the ball, just thought he could stand on it and pick out a pass, which he couldn't. Defensively he just doesn't care, the worst pressing footballer in the league and then he throws his hands in the air when it's his lack of pressing that allows the opposition play through.

He honestly needs to humble himself a little.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
IMO He didn’t defend because he is our main attacking threat.

Not Weghorst.

If he comes back all the time we got literally no one in attack. Literally no one.

We saw this from Bruno Fernándes playing deep - every chance he had he tried spraying the ball from deep to Rashford to try and get a goal.

It seemed like our only tactic yesterday.

lex talionis

Off the boil after being on the boil for 3 months. He's earned a bit of slack. But we need to get back onto winning ways and Rashy needs to get back on the boil.

Godfather

Was especially strange seeing him refuse to do any defensive work when he wasn't in the game offensively either.

Status
Not open for further replies.